Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Stasher1 View Post
    I prefer bars without a center knurl. I have shoulder issues that keep me from "properly" gripping a bar during squats, so I welded up a pair of bolt-on handles that I can grip like the handles on a safety squat bar. Once I have a grip on the handles, the bar can't slide down my back, so the knurling isn't an issue at all.

totally different reason.

I would like to see how my lifts change when there is no knurl.

One of my old York bars is pretty slick, but the knurl is still there.
    Boomer Rep Crew #1
    []---[] Equipment Crew #37 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #3 ()---()

wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just got my bar. Looks good and the knurl feels great. I like the black bar with chromed sleeves.

I did some squats with just the bar and I too do a low bar and my shirt catches the knurl by a couple inches on the ends. If it becomes an issue I plan to use some hockey stick tape there for some extra grab on my shirt.

This bar seems light years ahead of my cheap dicks set bar. Cant wait to try it as soon as my pulled back muscle is healed!!
    This forum is great! Wish I found it years ago.....

GRAYPANTHER is on a distinguished road. (+10) GRAYPANTHER is on a distinguished road. (+10) GRAYPANTHER is on a distinguished road. (+10) GRAYPANTHER is on a distinguished road. (+10) GRAYPANTHER is on a distinguished road. (+10) GRAYPANTHER is on a distinguished road. (+10) GRAYPANTHER is on a distinguished road. (+10) GRAYPANTHER is on a distinguished road. (+10) GRAYPANTHER is on a distinguished road. (+10) GRAYPANTHER is on a distinguished road. (+10) GRAYPANTHER is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    So I broke down and got 2 of the CAP's Bars. This replaces the 3 300 pound blue light specials i have. All I can say is wow I love the Knurl. It grips great. The packaging for one of the bars was in really bad shape but after looking it over it was all good.

forthays will become famous soon enough. (+50) forthays will become famous soon enough. (+50) forthays will become famous soon enough. (+50) forthays will become famous soon enough. (+50) forthays will become famous soon enough. (+50) forthays will become famous soon enough. (+50) forthays will become famous soon enough. (+50) forthays will become famous soon enough. (+50) forthays will become famous soon enough. (+50) forthays will become famous soon enough. (+50) forthays will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks to GarageIron and everybody else who has posted in the last few threads on this bar. Lots of good info here and based on that info I ordered one of these today. Sounds like a good bar at a good price.

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by GRAYPANTHER View Post
    So I broke down and got 2 of the CAP's Bars. This replaces the 3 300 pound blue light specials i have. All I can say is wow I love the Knurl. It grips great. The packaging for one of the bars was in really bad shape but after looking it over it was all good.
    This is my experience as well.

I have cheap bars and compared to them this thing is coated in glue. The black Oxide coating is way more "tacky" than the center knurl on my chromed bars. If all you have now is a chromed bar and you are worried about not having the center knurl, just stop, this is better.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Pushed the bar a little harder tonight. Nothing crazy but more than the average gym rat would push it. Dropped 15 power cleans at 175lbs, loud as hell. One drop sounded so horrible I stopped to inspect the bar because I thought the sleeve may have failed. It was fine. Squatted and didn't miss the center knurl at all, in fact found it easier to find the center of the bar when setting up. Bench press was last. Nothing to report here other than the knurl pattern messing with me. I usually get my head in line with the center knurling and then set my grip about a thumbs length in from the knurl on each side. The missing center wasn't a big deal but the extra half inch of knurl on each side messed with my grip distance. Very minor and not the bars fault.

Also did a quick straightness check. Still perfect.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #30 ()---()

RL Erik 'Iwhspr Fe comes' matrix563's Avatar
    matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ▪█───────█▪ Equipment Crew #46 ▪█───────█▪
    ▪█───────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #21 ▪█───────█▪
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #33 ||---||

~ 5th dimensional being ~

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by matrix563 View Post
    Not even close.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

RL Erik 'Iwhspr Fe comes' matrix563's Avatar
    matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    can someone provide the link then? i'm not sure which one it is. searching by the model # only turns up that body solid one
    ▪█───────█▪ Equipment Crew #46 ▪█───────█▪
    ▪█───────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #21 ▪█───────█▪
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #33 ||---||

~ 5th dimensional being ~

twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by matrix563 View Post
    can someone provide the link then? i'm not sure which one it is. searching by the model # only turns up that body solid one
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/CAP-Barbel...eeves/19866874
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do, than by the ones you did" Mark Twain

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats" H. L. Mencken

[]---[] Equipment Crew #42 []---[] ()---() York Barbell Club #18 ()---()

weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I ordered one from Amazon on Black Friday and received it several days ago. I'm very pleased with the bar--the knurling and black oxide coating feels great, and if I didn't know better I would have never guessed it was only a $142 bar. I was initially concerned with the lack of center knurling and grooved sleeves. My bar for the past 14 years has center knurling, and the sleeves on my Olympic and trap bars are smooth, and I wondered if the grooves would make adding and removing weights a hassle. Having used it tonight, both concerns have been put to rest. I didn't miss the extra knurling, and the sleeves are "slippery" enough that the weights slid on and off without a problem.

My bar was coated with oil to prevent rusting, and I had a hell of a time getting it off. The sleeves and smooth parts of the bar were easy enough to clean but the knurling, while not aggressive, tore the rag I was using to wipe it down. I finally resorted using paint thinner and a tooth brush. I guess I'll have to deal with a petroleum taste over the next few days*.

The sleeves are slightly smaller than my other two bars. I found this out when I slipped on my old spring-loaded collars and they wouldn't grip.

A final word of warning: for anyone ordering this through Amazon (or perhaps any mail-order company), be aware that the cardboard tubes, while thick, may not survive the trip intact. My bar went through two UPS distribution centers before arriving at my house, and it had begun to push through the plastic cap on one end, and the tube actually burst open in one place, exposing part of the sleeve and bar. Nothing was damaged, but I wasn't pleased when I brought it in from my front steps.

*I used an old toothbrush. But I once had tar ice cream in Finland, so maybe a petroleum-flavored toothbrush wouldn't be that bad.
    Attached Images

817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by weisgarb View Post

*I used an old toothbrush. But I once had tar ice cream in Finland, so maybe a petroleum-flavored toothbrush wouldn't be that bad.
    my Texas Power Bar came in a week ago and the packaging looked exactly like yours, maybe the ups people think its some kind of weapon or something, idk but my packaging looked just like yours.
    It surprises me how many people refuse to buy equipment from Elitefts because its too expensive but they will buy equipment from their competitors, then continue to go on EFS website to educate themselves for FREE

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    A final word of warning: for anyone ordering this through Amazon (or perhaps any mail-order company), be aware that the cardboard tubes, while thick, may not survive the trip intact. My bar went through two UPS distribution centers before arriving at my house, and it had begun to push through the plastic cap on one end, and the tube actually burst open in one place, exposing part of the sleeve and bar. Nothing was damaged, but I wasn't pleased when I brought it in from my front steps.

This is my fear. I bought a present for my wife and it showed up the other day looking like an elephant had sat on it. The boxes were so messed up that I couldn't even wrap it and give it as a gift looking like that. Hopefully my bar will show up in better shape.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"An adult male weighs at least 200 pounds." - Mark Rippetoe

▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #44 ▪█──█▪

||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #11 ||---||

twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This is my fear. I bought a present for my wife and it showed up the other day looking like an elephant had sat on it. The boxes were so messed up that I couldn't even wrap it and give it as a gift looking like that. Hopefully my bar will show up in better shape.
    Once again, for the cost of tax it could have been ordered through Walmart and there is no fear of receiving that. UPS doesn't touch it on "Ships to site", and if it comes in bad you can give it back to them for another. I had a CAP hex bar, and Troy tpb arrive through UPS in much worse condition than the one above...Just sayin'.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do, than by the ones you did" Mark Twain

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats" H. L. Mencken

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by twodog View Post
    Once again, for the cost of tax it could have been ordered through Walmart and there is no fear of receiving that. UPS doesn't touch it on "Ships to site", and if it comes in bad you can give it back to them for another. I had a CAP hex bar, and Troy tpb arrive through UPS in much worse condition than the one above...Just sayin'.

Apparently I was worried for nothing. The UPS driver just dropped off my new bar, and it's perfect. The cardboard tube had a slight dent in it, but not even enough to keep the bar from sliding right out when I got it into the basement.

Fist impressions: it's definitely not the level of quality you expect when you buy a CAP product. This thing is very nice. I've taken a couple weeks off from lifting to focus on a couple general fitness tests I have to complete this week, so I won't be able to put it to the test until this weekend, but I'm really looking forward to it.

Something funny, though, apparently someone else in this area bought one about the same time I did. There were two of them in the back of the UPS truck.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Something funny, though, apparently someone else in this area bought one about the same time I did. There were two of them in the back of the UPS truck.
    This cracks me up ! When it rains it pours. When cgc did his first review a bunch of people (including me) went out and bought the bars and were happy. Since then he and I have mentioned the bar in numerous threads about bars, but they have gone overlooked. Now GI's thread has gotten interest and here we go again. Wait another year and a half and it'll probably start all over, unless CAP notices and raises the price , but hopefully not.

I'm glad that yours got to you in good shape but that's not the norm, one bar that I got from Rogue came in the same condition as yours. I'm sure that once you start using it, you'll like it. Good luck with it bro'.

wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Worked out 2x with the new bar, what a difference. The sleeves are so smooth weights slide on and off easily.

The oly markings messed with me but I got it dialed in. The matte finish is plenty of friction with my shirt on in place of center knurl.

I am so happy my other bar crapped out.
    This forum is great! Wish I found it years ago.....

pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    When the H-E-double hockey sticks did Best Buy start selling exercise equipment?
    If God had wanted us to be weak, He wouldn't have given us iron.

[]---[] Equipment Crew #28 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #28 ()---()

Question for all you OB-86B owners...what are you using for clamps? The Muscle Clamps that I've been using on my other bars are too big for this bar.

Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    it's down to $110 + $45 shipping on CFF for their 12 days of Xmas sale.
    Boomer Rep Crew #1
    []---[] Equipment Crew #37 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #3 ()---()

Question for all you OB-86B owners...what are you using for clamps? The Muscle Clamps that I've been using on my other bars are too big for this bar.
    I've been using Muscle Clamps with no problem, but to be honest, they were purchased with the bar and never used on any other. Maybe yours have become worn out in the clamping area, is that even possible ?

Originally Posted by Cleveland33 View Post
    it's down to $110 + $45 shipping on CFF for their 12 days of Xmas sale.

That's a good price if you can pick it up in person, but once you add in the shipping Amazon, Walmart, and Wayfair are still cheaper...every day.

Originally Posted by twodog View Post
    I've been using Muscle Clamps with no problem, but to be honest, they were purchased with the bar and never used on any other. Maybe yours have become worn out in the clamping area, is that even possible ?
    I suppose it's possible. I got mine used, so there's no telling how old they are. They fit tight on all of my other bars, though.

rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This seems to be a great bar, but it is still a Chinese-made bar. I'd be willing to bet that the sleeve sizes are still not as consistent as you would find on a York, Ivanko, etc.

I bought a cheap bar on CL a couple of years ago. The guy had purchased 3 Oly sets by Fitness Gear (Dick's label) and didn't need 3 bars. It was still in the cardboard tube. I got it home, and found that the spring clips fit one sleeve but spun on the other. From what I have gathered in the forum here, this is a pretty common occurrence.

I guess we shouldn't be too surprised that the OB86B would show its price point somewhere.....
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #29 []---[]
    []---[] York Barbell Club #59 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #48 []---[]
    l l---l l Rogue Barbell Club #3 l l---l l
    []---[] Mech6 Crew #9 []---[]

Originally Posted by rlundregan View Post
    This seems to be a great bar, but it is still a Chinese-made bar. I'd be willing to bet that the sleeve sizes are still not as consistent as you would find on a York, Ivanko, etc.

I bought a cheap bar on CL a couple of years ago. The guy had purchased 3 Oly sets by Fitness Gear (Dick's label) and didn't need 3 bars. It was still in the cardboard tube. I got it home, and found that the spring clips fit one sleeve but spun on the other. From what I have gathered in the forum here, this is a pretty common occurrence.

I guess we shouldn't be too surprised that the OB86B would show its price point somewhere.....

The old spring clips I have here fit just fine, I just don't like them. After using the Muscle Clamps for a while, I really don't want to go back.

Originally Posted by rlundregan View Post

Maybe, but my bar has the same size sleeves as my tpb, rogue beater and york power bar. So if there are different sizes due to QC, I didn't get it. Muscle Clamps are supposed to adjust to different bar sizes anyway, by design.

weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I've been wondering that myself. My old spring clips are so loose that they don't even grip--if I tilted the bar to one side they would slide right off, even without any weight on the bar.

I have a cheap pair of collars like the ones below, but I'm afraid the bolt will mess up the ribbing on the sleeves. I'm considering getting a pair of Ivanko compression collars. You save money on a bar but have to go out and buy more expensive accessories to get everything to work right . . . .

Attached Images

Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have a cheap pair of collars like the ones below, but I'm afraid the bolt will mess up the ribbing on the sleeves.
    Strange. I have a bunch of generic collars like yours. All of them have a protective ring inside; and I bought them at different times from different sources.

Here is a couple of them:
    Attached Images

Originally Posted by Jetigen View Post
    Strange. I have a bunch of generic collars like yours. All of them have a protective ring inside; and I bought them at different times from different sources.
    The Ivankos I'm considering are just like those. There were apparently one or more companies that made knock-offs of them a few years ago, but it looks like Ivanko is the only company that currently makes them, unless I just haven't been searching for the right terms in Google. Since Ivanko originally created the collars back in 1981 the patent has long since expired, so I would expect other companies to be creating them. I guess most manufacturers decided to go the nylon collar route, since there's probably more profit margin.

Originally Posted by Jetigen View Post

Here is a couple of them:
    Those protective rings are what makes them compression collars. I have five pairs that I bought from Jesup Gym, on Keetman's recommendation, for just a few bucks apiece. The only problems I had with them is that theywouldn't tighten flush becaise of the nub on the end of the tightening handle, but a few seconds on a grinder fixed that . These clamps hold great even on oly db's. Jesup Gym no longer stocks them, do have any idea who does Jetigen ?