Community Debate Commundebation's Avatar
    Commundebation will become famous soon enough. (+50) Commundebation will become famous soon enough. (+50) Commundebation will become famous soon enough. (+50) Commundebation will become famous soon enough. (+50) Commundebation will become famous soon enough. (+50) Commundebation will become famous soon enough. (+50) Commundebation will become famous soon enough. (+50) Commundebation will become famous soon enough. (+50) Commundebation will become famous soon enough. (+50) Commundebation will become famous soon enough. (+50) Commundebation will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Bumper plate set with bar

Let me first start by saying I've always loved colored plates, I think they're cool. Of course, this isn't a reason alone to invest in a set of weights, but I like 'em. That being said, I found this deal; 275lbs (including bar) of colored bumper plates. Just wanted to get some opinions on the set, e.g: any of you guys have any personal experiences with these or similar plates? Do you think the bar is of decent to moderate/high quality? Is the brand of decent to moderate/high quality? Any other thoughts or input on the buy? Perhaps even an alternative suggestion on a set of plates and a barbell (looking to buy both this month).

I should also specify this is taking into exception I live in British Columbia, Canada, so, plates/bars shipped most conveniently to here would be obviously the most ideal for me.

275lb bumper plate set with bar:
    http://www.treadmillfactory.ca/p-907...-with-bar.html
    Last edited by Commundebation; 12-01-2012 at 06:59 PM.

GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Commundebation View Post
    Let me first start by saying I've always loved colored plates, I think they're cool. Of course, this isn't a reason alone to invest in a set of weights, but I like 'em. That being said, I found this deal; 275lbs (including bar) of colored bumper plates. Just wanted to get some opinions on the set, e.g: any of you guys have any personal experiences with these or similar plates? Do you think the bar is of decent to moderate/high quality? Is the brand of decent to moderate/high quality? Any other thoughts or input on the buy? Perhaps even an alternative suggestion on a set of plates and a barbell (looking to buy both this month).

I should also specify this is taking into exception I live in British Columbia, Canada, so, plates/bars shipped most conveniently to here would be obviously the most ideal for me.

275lb bumper plate set with bar:
    http://www.treadmillfactory.ca/p-907...-with-bar.html
    Yup I've seen them and used them. They are junk. That $249 bar is worth $2.49... but at least you save $876

Do not waste your money. These are these same plates you see at all of these places. The insert will fail (I bought a set to prove... err test this) within 6 weeks of regular use. I tested the 1500lb version of that bar and bent it under 30 lifts (135# clean and jerk dropped on to a driveway). Still have the bar for story purposes.

If you want coloured bumpers shipped that are decent, buy these.

http://www.muscledrivercan.com/Pendl...tes_c_175.html
    Last edited by GarageIron; 12-01-2012 at 07:22 PM.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #30 ()---()

Commundebation will become famous soon enough. (+50) Commundebation will become famous soon enough. (+50) Commundebation will become famous soon enough. (+50) Commundebation will become famous soon enough. (+50) Commundebation will become famous soon enough. (+50) Commundebation will become famous soon enough. (+50) Commundebation will become famous soon enough. (+50) Commundebation will become famous soon enough. (+50) Commundebation will become famous soon enough. (+50) Commundebation will become famous soon enough. (+50) Commundebation will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by GarageIron View Post
    Yup I've seen them and used them. They are junk. That $249 bar is worth $2.49... but at least you save $876

Do not waste your money. These are these same plates you see at all of these places. The insert will fail (I bought a set to prove... err test this) within 6 weeks of regular use. I tested the 1500lb version of that bar and bent it under 30 lifts (135# clean and jerk dropped on to a driveway). Still have the bar for story purposes.
    Ah thanks for the swift reply man. Interesting, see I wouldn't have known that had you not told me, glad I asked. Have a picture of the bar by chance?

If you want coloured bumpers shipped that are decent, buy these.

http://www.muscledrivercan.com/Pendl...tes_c_175.html
    Wow I really like these - especially free shipping. I'm excited. Do you know if these would ship free directly to my town or is the free shipping only to major cities? I'm really digging the 210lb set. I'm going to see if they have any 5lb-15lb plates as well.

Also looking for an olympic bar - figure this website has just as good of deals on any? I'll take a look anyways.

GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Ah thanks for the swift reply man. Interesting, see I wouldn't have known that had you not told me, glad I asked. Have a picture of the bar by chance?

Wow I really like these - especially free shipping. I'm excited. Do you know if these would ship free directly to my town or is the free shipping only to major cities? I'm really digging the 210lb set. I'm going to see if they have any 5lb-15lb plates as well.

Also looking for an olympic bar - figure this website has just as good of deals on any? I'll take a look anyways.
    Sure. Its the black one on the bottom.

I'm assuming they ship anywhere free. Just email and ask I guess. I only carry the black ones, not a fan of the coloured.

Sure. Its the black one on the bottom.

I'm assuming they ship anywhere free. Just email and ask I guess. I only carry the black ones, not a fan of the coloured.
    Nice, I'm liking the black bar. I'm assuming you're Canadian as well, as evidenced by your spelling of 'coloured' - that being said, where abouts did you get your bar(s) from? More specifically the black one. Know how much it weighs? 44lbs?

Thanks again, measily reps.

Nice, I'm liking the black bar. I'm assuming you're Canadian as well, as evidenced by your spelling of 'coloured' - that being said, where abouts did you get your bar(s) from? More specifically the black one. Know how much it weighs? 44lbs?

Thanks again, measily reps.
    I'm in Ontario... If you really like that black bar I can give you a great deal

Its a POS. It was purchased at Fitness Avenue for $259? ...around there anyway. It's not mine but my brothers. It was bent less than 48 hours after it was new. It was used for one crossfit workout of "Grace". What you see on the rack was the result. I bent it. (for those interested my time was 108:42 including 4 beers) He is actually still using it because he's a cheap pr!ck. One of the sleeve gets loose every few days and the other has a stripped hex bolt.

By carrying the "black ones" I meant the black version of those bumper plates. I would never sell that barbell (well, maybe "that" barbell )
    Last edited by GarageIron; 12-01-2012 at 08:35 PM.

lumocolor is just really nice. (+1000) lumocolor is just really nice. (+1000) lumocolor is just really nice. (+1000) lumocolor is just really nice. (+1000) lumocolor is just really nice. (+1000) lumocolor is just really nice. (+1000) lumocolor is just really nice. (+1000) lumocolor is just really nice. (+1000) lumocolor is just really nice. (+1000) lumocolor is just really nice. (+1000) lumocolor is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm in Ontario as well. Currently looking to switch to an Olympic barbell. Can someone recommend me one that's not too expensive.

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by lumocolor View Post
    I'm in Ontario as well. Currently looking to switch to an Olympic barbell. Can someone recommend me one that's not too expensive.
    There's been a lot of talk lately about the CAP OB-86B...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=149969623
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"An adult male weighs at least 200 pounds." - Mark Rippetoe

▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #44 ▪█──█▪

||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #11 ||---||

lumocolor is just really nice. (+1000) lumocolor is just really nice. (+1000) lumocolor is just really nice. (+1000) lumocolor is just really nice. (+1000) lumocolor is just really nice. (+1000) lumocolor is just really nice. (+1000) lumocolor is just really nice. (+1000) lumocolor is just really nice. (+1000) lumocolor is just really nice. (+1000) lumocolor is just really nice. (+1000) lumocolor is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Stasher1 View Post
    There's been a lot of talk lately about the CAP OB-86B...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=149969623
    Any idea where I can get it? The Cap Barbell canada site doesn't let me look at dealers.

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Any idea where I can get it? The Cap Barbell canada site doesn't let me look at dealers.

GarageIron would be able to answer that question better than I can since he's north of the border and just bought one. I bought mine from Amazon for $142.60 shipped, but I'm in the US.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

GarageIron would be able to answer that question better than I can since he's north of the border and just bought one. I bought mine from Amazon for $142.60 shipped, but I'm in the US.
    If that's my last resort, I'll do that but I'll have to find which one exactly to order.
    Also, what squat rack should I get? looking for one under $350. http://www.treadmillfactory.ca/c-8-p...cks-smith.html (I've read on here from lots of posters that treadmill factory is a NO GO, EVER)

Weird.. called the 1888 on capbarbell.ca's website (which I assume is the cap barbell you are talking about) and it was the treadmill factory phone number apparently?

If that's my last resort, I'll do that but I'll have to find which one exactly to order.
    Also, what squat rack should I get? looking for one under $350. http://www.treadmillfactory.ca/c-8-p...cks-smith.html (I've read on here from lots of posters that treadmill factory is a NO GO, EVER)
    This is the bar: http://capbarbell.ca/bars/ob86b.html

I believe GarageIron ordered his from Wayfair ( http://www.wayfair.com/Cap-Barbell-S...rtype=8&dept=0 ), but I don't know if he had it shipped to Canada or if he picked it up on this side of the border.

Weird.. called the 1888 on capbarbell.ca's website (which I assume is the cap barbell you are talking about) and it was the treadmill factory phone number apparently?
    I noticed that too. When you click the "locate a dealer" button, it gives you five Treadmill Factory locations, and nothing else.

Thank you for the links. Is it 1200 or 1000lb capacity? I'm confused.
    Any feedback for the squat rack question I posted?

Thank you for the links. Is it 1200 or 1000lb capacity? I'm confused.
    Any feedback for the squat rack question I posted?
    It's listed as a 1200lb bar on CAP's US site and in their catalog.

http://www.capbarbell.com/Bars/2inchPower.html
    http://www.capbarbell.com/CAP_Catalog.pdf

I'm not familiar with some of the racks shown on that site, but some of them look like the same cheap racks that people have asked about in the past. A quick search here will probably turn up some info on them, perhaps even an owner review or two.

Personally, I'd steer clear of any rack cheaper than the Powerline PPR200X. I've seen that one in person, and it's about as light as I'd be comfortable using for heavy squats.
    Last edited by Stasher1; 12-02-2012 at 08:26 AM.

It's listed as a 1200lb bar on CAP's US site and in their catalog.

http://www.capbarbell.com/Bars/2inchPower.html
    http://www.capbarbell.com/CAP_Catalog.pdf
    Thanks! I just found out if I order a Texas Power Bar it'd cost me less after shipping and handling. Still think I'm gonna go with the Cap though, not sure.

Lexemes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lexemes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lexemes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lexemes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lexemes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lexemes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lexemes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lexemes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lexemes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lexemes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lexemes is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Also, what squat rack should I get?
    Looking for a second opinion on these questions (as well as the OP's). Looking for a relatively inexpensive power rack shipped through or to Canada for a decent price, as well as an Olympic bar and weights.

looking for one under $350. http://www.treadmillfactory.ca/c-8-p...cks-smith.html (I've read on here from lots of posters that treadmill factory is a NO GO, EVER)
    Have also been told Treadmillfactory is a no go -- I'm just hoping for some quality brands shipping through Canada. Or if not, even just quality brands that ship to Canada but for decent shipping costs. (Rack, plates, bar).
    "The brain does much more than just recollect. It inter-compares, it synthesizes, it analyzes -- it generates abstractions.

The simplest thought like the concept of the number one, has an elaborate logical underpinning. The brain has its own language for testing the structure and consistency of the world." - Carl Sagan

Originally Posted by Lexemes View Post
    Looking for a second opinion on these questions (as well as the OP's). Looking for a relatively inexpensive power rack shipped through or to Canada for a decent price, as well as an Olympic bar and weights.

Have also been told Treadmillfactory is a no go -- I'm just hoping for some quality brands shipping through Canada. Or if not, even just quality brands that ship to Canada but for decent shipping costs. (Rack, plates, bar).
    There is this also - http://www.newyorkbarbells.com/92565.html

No idea on the quality but it could be an option.