nedge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nedge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nedge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nedge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nedge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nedge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nedge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nedge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nedge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nedge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation Traps to big!!!!!

Hi, i have been training for about 4 years, barely ever trained my traps and for some reason they are abnormally out of proportion to my body. I have also never touched steriods.

Due to the size of them i am getting pains in my traps and shoulder areas constantly. I have been advised to massage them and get them loose.

Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

HumanAbstract has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HumanAbstract has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HumanAbstract has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HumanAbstract has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HumanAbstract has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HumanAbstract has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HumanAbstract has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HumanAbstract has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HumanAbstract has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HumanAbstract has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HumanAbstract has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    stop using poor form

nedge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nedge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nedge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nedge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nedge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nedge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nedge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nedge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nedge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nedge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Traps

I definately do not use poor form.

ModernHamlet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ModernHamlet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ModernHamlet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ModernHamlet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ModernHamlet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ModernHamlet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ModernHamlet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ModernHamlet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ModernHamlet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ModernHamlet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ModernHamlet has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    pics bruh

jmmainvi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jmmainvi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jmmainvi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jmmainvi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jmmainvi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jmmainvi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jmmainvi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jmmainvi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jmmainvi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jmmainvi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jmmainvi has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I doubt it's the size of the traps that are causing you pain - otherwise, what would olympic lifters and strongman competitors be doing?

I would advise you get the massage done. In addition, do soft tissue work ("rolling" with a lacrosse ball or PVC pipe) for your entire upper back and your thoracic spine. Finally, how's your posture? Especially your neck posture and your shoulder rotation? I'll bet that's not as good as it could be, and it can cause pain in that area. Do some googling (and especially search kelly starrett's website) and work on the balance and flexibility of those muscle groups.

Oh, and make sure you're using good form on your lifts and sleeping in a neutral position.

Originally Posted by jmmainvi View Post
    I doubt it's the size of the traps that are causing you pain - otherwise, what would olympic lifters and strongman competitors be doing?

I would advise you get the massage done. In addition, do soft tissue work ("rolling" with a lacrosse ball or PVC pipe) for your entire upper back and your thoracic spine. Finally, how's your posture? Especially your neck posture and your shoulder rotation? I'll bet that's not as good as it could be, and it can cause pain in that area. Do some googling (and especially search kelly starrett's website) and work on the balance and flexibility of those muscle groups.

Oh, and make sure you're using good form on your lifts and sleeping in a neutral position.
    Much Appreciated.

DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DYTrainer is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Traps arent too big, the rest of you is just to small
    My Workout Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146169983&pagenumber=

"It is while struggling against the heaviest weights a human body can move that the demand for courage is incessant."
    -Mike Mentzer

Jonnyg419 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jonnyg419 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jonnyg419 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jonnyg419 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jonnyg419 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jonnyg419 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jonnyg419 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jonnyg419 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jonnyg419 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jonnyg419 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jonnyg419 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Don't listen to these haters man, having big traps is a great thing bc you look big..even in baggy clothes. Chances are, you are getting pain in your traps due to muscle imbalances. When One part of the body is bigger and stronger then other parts, the bigger stronger body part will recruit itself in your lifts even when you don't want it to. You should try doing extreme isolation techniques for the surrounding areas to help everything even out.
    Follow your dreams..you CAN reach your goals..I'm living proof.....Beefcake!!! Beeefcaaake!!!!!!!