Geronimo42 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Mass Gainers: Are they safe?

I've had bad experiences from a certain brand of mass gainer, I'm no going to go into details. I know these things aren't sent to the FDA and approved, they are just sent out to the public with anything damaging in them. Are there any popular and effective brands of mass gainers? Please post what you use (if you use any) and the results you have seen from it. Thanks.

stiracer2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stiracer2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stiracer2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stiracer2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stiracer2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stiracer2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stiracer2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stiracer2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stiracer2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stiracer2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stiracer2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Geronimo42 View Post
    I've had bad experiences from a certain brand of mass gainer, I'm no going to go into details. I know these things aren't sent to the FDA and approved, they are just sent out to the public with anything damaging in them. Are there any popular and effective brands of mass gainers? Please post what you use (if you use any) and the results you have seen from it. Thanks.
    Yes, it's called whole food! Nothing will ever beat this!

Khwaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khwaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khwaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khwaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khwaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khwaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khwaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khwaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khwaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khwaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khwaj will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    a majority of mass gainers use protein powder and sugar, thats basically all the ingredients
    which part would be so dangerous?
    unless you over consume it

Originally Posted by Khwaj View Post
    a majority of mass gainers use protein powder and sugar, thats basically all the ingredients
    which part would be so dangerous?
    unless you over consume it
    Not sure how it happened, at the time I was probably 10, we didn't know anything about bodybuilding and supplements at the time, my dad thought me and my brother should take it to get bigger and gain weight. He might have given us too much per day, bug not sure it was a while ago.

Khwaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khwaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khwaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khwaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khwaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khwaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khwaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khwaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khwaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khwaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khwaj will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Not sure how it happened, at the time I was probably 10, we didn't know anything about bodybuilding and supplements at the time, my dad thought me and my brother should take it to get bigger and gain weight. He might have given us too much per day, bug not sure it was a while ago.
    are you lactose intolerant by any chance?
    they use the cheapest protein available, WPC, so that might be one cause

also, eat more food, is better than any mass gainer, nuts, peanut butter, avocados, chicken, tuna, etc

Kinda still lifts Valhallabound86's Avatar
    Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    There are plenty of things that aren't FDA approved. There are plenty more things that once were FDA approved then later found to be detrimental. So I wouldn't necessarily base that as an indication of safety.

Most are fine, but typically unnecessary; unless you find yourself struggling to fit calories/meals in. A better option would be whole foods that are calorie dense (peanut butter, 80/20 ground beef, olive oil).

are you lactose intolerant by any chance?
    they use the cheapest protein available, WPC, so that might be one cause
    No, not lactose intolerant. I drink milk with everything, lol. I think the brand was elite mass or something along those lines. It was a dark blue, navy container.

Originally Posted by Valhallabound86 View Post
    There are plenty of things that aren't FDA approved. There are plenty more things that once were FDA approved then later found to be detrimental. So I wouldn't necessarily base that as an indication of safety.

Most are fine, but typically unnecessary; unless you find yourself struggling to fit calories/meals in. A better option would be whole foods that are calorie dense (peanut butter, 80/20 ground beef, olive oil).
    I do find it hard to fit certain meals in, but for the most part I try to eat every hour, I end up getting hungrier by the hour when I can't eat, though. Certain teachers don't let me eat in their class, so I don't eat for around 3 hours until I get home. It's lunch and nothing for 3 hours.

Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I do find it hard to fit certain meals in, but for the most part I try to eat every hour, I end up getting hungrier by the hour when I can't eat, though. Certain teachers don't let me eat in their class, so I don't eat for around 3 hours until I get home. It's lunch and nothing for 3 hours.
    If you prefer eating frequently, that's certainly up to you. Personally I find it easier to have 3 slightly larger meals that last for a longer period of time. Depending on your caloric goal, you could fit 750/750/1000 split for 3 core meals with 500 calories for snacks in between to easily hit your goal (I just assumed 3k calories).

Another option would be to try dairy protein sources for the casein, which tends to keep you fuller longer if you're struggling with appetite. But since you're 126 lbs, I think that would be slightly counter intuitive.

If you prefer eating frequently, that's certainly up to you. Personally I find it easier to have 3 slightly larger meals that last for a longer period of time. Depending on your caloric goal, you could fit 750/750/1000 split for 3 core meals with 500 calories for snacks in between to easily hit your goal (I just assumed 3k calories).

Another option would be to try dairy protein sources for the casein, which tends to keep you fuller longer if you're struggling with appetite. But since you're 126 lbs, I think that would be slightly counter intuitive.
    I have heard about eating larger meals 3-4 times per day. Maybe I'll try it some time this week, like tomorrow or Saturday. I work out everyday, but I'm more interested in getting big and bulky, and I feel like I'm not getting the look I want because of how skinny I am. I felt like turning to meal replacements and mass gainers to build up my physique and carry on from there. If you do know of any good or popular brands for those supplements could you let me know? I'd like to make a schedule for meals and post it on here to get some reviews and advice.

I have heard about eating larger meals 3-4 times per day. Maybe I'll try it some time this week, like tomorrow or Saturday. I work out everyday, but I'm more interested in getting big and bulky, and I feel like I'm not getting the look I want because of how skinny I am. I felt like turning to meal replacements and mass gainers to build up my physique and carry on from there. If you do know of any good or popular brands for those supplements could you let me know? I'd like to make a schedule for meals and post it on here to get some reviews and advice.
    you gotta eat, have to force yourself even if you are full
    i use to be like you, started out as 130lb a couple of years ago, i literally had to force myself to eat more, it helped to add junk food too, calorie dense and makes you hungry quicker
    now im 40lb heavier, although its not all muscle i still think its pretty good, prob 17-18% bf

sameaha will become famous soon enough. (+50) sameaha will become famous soon enough. (+50) sameaha will become famous soon enough. (+50) sameaha will become famous soon enough. (+50) sameaha will become famous soon enough. (+50) sameaha will become famous soon enough. (+50) sameaha will become famous soon enough. (+50) sameaha will become famous soon enough. (+50) sameaha will become famous soon enough. (+50) sameaha will become famous soon enough. (+50) sameaha will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up

Have three moderately big meals and fruits or nuts in between. That is what I usually do and it has been great
    U can't have six meals a day as it is not good for your digestive tract to be constantly breaking down food. It needs rest and believe me there is no better feeling than hunger before a meal. It is normal sign AND GOOD! Unlike being full 24/7 and farting gas constantly
    Stats:as of 6/1/2013
    Bench press::190*3-5
    Bent Row:165*6
    Squat:175*10
    Deadlift:: 285*5
    Pull up*20-25

you gotta eat, have to force yourself even if you are full
    i use to be like you, started out as 130lb a couple of years ago, i literally had to force myself to eat more, it helped to add junk food too, calorie dense and makes you hungry quicker
    now im 40lb heavier, although its not all muscle i still think its pretty good, prob 17-18% bf
    Someone who I can relate to lol. I always find myself not eating all of my dinner when we go somewhere or if I don't feel in the mood to eat, and I have I force myself. I am gonna try making bigger meals though. I have gained 4 pounds since I've started eating hourly, however. I just want to fit in as many calories as possible per day, so I really want those meal replacements, lol. Idk maybe I can convince my dad to buy me some.

I would not advise a 7 day workout scheme, that sounds like overtraining to me. Likely that's increasing the amount of calories you need to consume to gain weight as well, so I'd cut it down to at least a 4-5 day split. The frequency of meals means very little in the long run, as it's more a matter of total calories needed to gain weight.

Mass gainers are notoriously expensive (~$2+ per serving). If you can fit the time in, make your own with whey protein, whole milk, bananas, olive oil, etc. Anything to increase calories.

If you're set on buying one, Universal Real Gains, or Up your Mass.

I would not advise a 7 day workout scheme, that sounds like overtraining to me. Likely that's increasing the amount of calories you need to consume to gain weight as well, so I'd cut it down to at least a 4-5 day split. The frequency of meals means very little in the long run, as it's more a matter of total calories needed to gain weight.

Mass gainers are notoriously expensive (~$2+ per serving). If you can fit the time in, make your own with whey protein, whole milk, bananas, olive oil, etc. Anything to increase calories.

If you're set on buying one, Universal Real Gains, or Up your Mass.
    Thanks! I want to try that eating 3-4 large meals a day for about a week first, though. Thanks again!

VicMackey92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VicMackey92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VicMackey92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VicMackey92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VicMackey92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VicMackey92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VicMackey92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VicMackey92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VicMackey92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VicMackey92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VicMackey92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    you need to make your own gainer , oats + whey = succes in your life (srs ****)

Originally Posted by VicMackey92 View Post
    you need to make your own gainer , oats + whey = succes in your life (srs ****)
    Yeah I haven't heard of that ( or thought of it) until someone else brought it up in this thread. Idk I'll try it, it seems like a safe and even more credible way of getting calories in.

Originally Posted by sameaha View Post
    Have three moderately big meals and fruits or nuts in between. That is what I usually do and it has been great
    U can't have six meals a day as it is not good for your digestive tract to be constantly breaking down food. It needs rest and believe me there is no better feeling than hunger before a meal. It is normal sign AND GOOD! Unlike being full 24/7 and farting gas constantly
    I do get gas often XD I never thought it was because of how often I eat, though.