27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Popular Vote

19 70.37%
  • Electoral College

7 25.93%
  • Something else

1 3.70%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz

Electoral College

Doesnt it seem absurd that more Americans could vote/want candidate over the other and yet the one with feweer total votes but better electoral college numbers would win?
    This year it wouldnt have mattered but it still seems like a retarded system to me.
    Thoughts?
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by determined4000 View Post
    Doesnt it seem absurd that more Americans could vote/want candidate over the other and yet the one with feweer total votes but better electoral college numbers would win?
    This year it wouldnt have mattered but it still seems like a retarded system to me.
    Thoughts?
    It was a good system back in the day when technology and infrastructure would have made it impossible to have a popular vote. I say do away with them all! You know senators make like 200.000 a year for LIFE. Seriously......once they're done they can go get real jobs like the rest of us.
    www.xccellence.com

FKK.....We don't play

Getting big: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136802401

- Alan Aragon www.alanaragon.com

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The electoral college serves a purpose. Without one, there is no equality in votes, the president of the U.S., would become President of the Urban. The electoral college allows my voice to be heard within my state, where my voice can make a decision.

Many low population regions have nationwide high impact duties and need their voice needs to be presented by the state, not by Urban centers that have no idea of the needs of the critically important low population areas.

No electoral college = small states can go f*ck themselves.
    No electoral college = mid west can go f*ck themselves.
    No electoral college = decisions will be based on 5 or 6 states.

Not the perfect solution, but better than anything else tried.

psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's fuking retarded. Brb 500,000 more votes and lost b
    PL Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154662503

BTK!

First Meet 8/25/13 281/264/418 963 @198

5/24/14 352.5/286/462.5 1101 @242

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by SOJA View Post
    This! It shocks me at how many adults ask why it's still around.
    These are the same people that think we have a democratic government.

Lionology is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lionology is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lionology is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lionology is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lionology is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lionology is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lionology is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lionology is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lionology is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lionology is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lionology is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I don't like the electoral college but maybe it's because Romney didn't win.

Maybe if he'd of won, then I'd be singing a different tune.

bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by acrawlingchaos View Post
    The electoral college serves a purpose. Without one, there is no equality in votes, the president of the U.S., would become President of the Urban. The electoral college allows my voice to be heard within my state, where my voice can make a decision.

Many low population regions have nationwide high impact duties and need their voice needs to be presented by the state, not by Urban centers that have no idea of the needs of the critically important low population areas.

But the electoral college actually makes it so states the lean far one way are ignored as well. And swing states are overly catered too. So it goes both ways.

I'd like my vote to count just as much as someone in Ohio or Colorado. But the electoral college nixes that possibility. Pretty dumb for an election that greatly effects the outlook of a country

dizi24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dizi24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dizi24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dizi24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dizi24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dizi24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dizi24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dizi24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dizi24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dizi24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dizi24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by bking10 View Post
    But the electoral college actually makes it so states the lean far one way are ignored as well. And swing states are overly catered too. So it goes both ways.

I'd like my vote to count just as much as someone in Ohio or Colorado. But the electoral college nixes that possibility. Pretty dumb for an election that greatly effects the outlook of a country
    This. The electoral college results in zero presidential political power for those that live in heavily blue or red states. There's no reason for a person from Boston to vote, and this presidential politics ignore them. This past presidential election could turned on how candidates felt about the auto bail out (with Obamas support pushing him strong in Michigan and Ohio).

The voting power of someone in Ohio vs. someone in LA is ridiculous.

SoulZeppelin is a name known to all. (+5000) SoulZeppelin is a name known to all. (+5000) SoulZeppelin is a name known to all. (+5000) SoulZeppelin is a name known to all. (+5000) SoulZeppelin is a name known to all. (+5000) SoulZeppelin is a name known to all. (+5000) SoulZeppelin is a name known to all. (+5000) SoulZeppelin is a name known to all. (+5000) SoulZeppelin is a name known to all. (+5000) SoulZeppelin is a name known to all. (+5000) SoulZeppelin is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Proportional representation. Best of both worlds - popular vote determines winners, but even minority positions receive legislative authority rather than just being SOL for an election cycle. Has the nice side effect of promoting coalition governance & creating a large number of political parties to represent viewpoints
    Last edited by SoulZeppelin; 11-08-2012 at 06:12 AM. Reason: further rambling...
    Clear eyes, full heart: can't lose.

Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142413581

"So get off your keyboard because there is an empty squat rack somewhere that commands your attention." -Blaine Sumner

Thank you based god bballbrett5's Avatar
    bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

What do you think about the fact that electoral college voters are not required to cast their votes consistent with how the state's citizens have voted?

phess92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) phess92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) phess92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) phess92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) phess92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) phess92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) phess92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) phess92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) phess92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) phess92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) phess92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    One the problems I see is that the state in which I live (Iowa), the Electors do not necessarily have to follow the popular vote. Now granted, a very high percentage of the time they will but they still don't have to if they don't want to. However, some states have pledges requiring Electors to vote for a specific candidate i.e. state law to follow popular vote or a pledge to a specific political party

FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Decisions should be based on five or six states if much of the population is in five or six states.

Instead of by state, why not take it a step further and do it by county? Or hell, how about by city? No, NEIGHBORHOOD!

The fact remains that the popular vote ensures that everybody's vote counts exactly the same. The electoral college gives some people's votes more weight than others.
    Few things are set in stone, except that you have to squat or you are a pussy. - Mark Rippetoe

Gemuadrken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gemuadrken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gemuadrken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gemuadrken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gemuadrken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gemuadrken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gemuadrken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gemuadrken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gemuadrken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gemuadrken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gemuadrken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I believe that after we vote, the two candidates with the most votes should have a fist fight to decide who our president would be.

This shoul also be for all elected offices.

And if you were the only person on the ballot (often judges, people like that) you should have to punch yourself in the face really hard.

And that would also make our politics a lot more intradasting.

♚ Elected V.P. - R/P ♚ sawoobley's Avatar
    sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

^This

illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    lol funny thing is that my man Barry still woulda won either way -- by more electoral and popular votes than the wins for Kennedy, Nixon, Carter, and Bush.

but yeah, it was real close

FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ^ Yeah, this isn't about race at all. ^
    Few things are set in stone, except that you have to squat or you are a pussy. - Mark Rippetoe

illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by FitnessCPA View Post
    ^ Yeah, this isn't about race at all. ^
    who said it wasn't?

despite what liberal 'colorblind' hippies say, race is always a part of any conversation. either implicitly or out in the open

edit: but ahhh, that's not what you're saying now is it? you're implying that I voted for Obama because he's black and I'm black right?

It couldn't be because I want to protect my reproductive rights as a woman, could it?
    Or that I want a presidential team who at least acknowledges and aims to protect queer individuals (something no other president has ever done to my knowledge, shocked the hell out of me and I'm pretty solidly female)?
    Or a president who doesn't speak to PoC like second-class citizens?
    the list goes on...

Nah, that can't be it. It's 'cause he's black and I want "stuff". Shucks, how could I have not seen it?

It's ok to be mad tho...
    Last edited by illiniStrive; 11-08-2012 at 09:09 AM.

Originally Posted by illiniStrive View Post
    who said it wasn't?

despite what liberal 'colorblind' hippies say, race is always a part of any conversation. either implicitly or out in the open

edit: but ahhh, that's not what you're saying now is it? you're implying that I voted for Obama because he's black and I'm black right?

It couldn't be because I want to protect my reproductive rights as a woman, could it?
    Or that I want a presidential team who at least acknowledges and aims to protect queer individuals (something no other president has ever done to my knowledge, shocked the hell out of me and I'm pretty solidly female)?
    Or a president who doesn't speak to PoC like second-class citizens?
    the list goes on...

Nah, that can't be it. It's 'cause he's black and I want "stuff". Shucks, how could I have not seen it?

It's ok to be mad tho...
    I pointed out that you brought race into the conversation. The rest of that mess is yours.

I'm not mad at all. I am in good health, have a great family, a hot girlfriend, and I make a lot of money. I'm happier than Obama on a basketball court.

Linzzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Linzzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Linzzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Linzzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Linzzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Linzzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Linzzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Linzzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Linzzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Linzzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Linzzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

This.
    "Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint."
    -Mark Twain

"The Iron is the best antidepressant I have ever found. There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength. Once the mind and body have been awakened to their true potential, it's impossible to turn back..."
    -Henry Rollins

I pointed out that you brought race into the conversation. The rest of that mess is yours.

I'm not mad at all. I am in good health, have a great family, a hot girlfriend, and I make a lot of money. I'm happier than Obama on a basketball court.
    *shrug* race is always in the conversation, my apologies for ass-uming

not sure how I brought it in though... ? by showing an image with three black people in it? two of whom are the president and the first lady...... okay

lolwut

Originally Posted by illiniStrive View Post
    not sure how I brought it in though... ? by showing an image with three black people in it? two of whom are the president and the first lady...... okay
    Yes, that is how you brought it in. Are you dense or trolling?

100% srs

so if it was Maroney instead of Douglas (aka, you know, just the all-around gold winner) it wouldn't be about race?

huh

midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Electoral votes should be able to be split, instead of all or nothing. Technically speaking if we had no electoral college my vote would matter proportionately even less than it does now, so some sort of middle ground would be ideal. Of course there is no middle ground the u.s. anymore, bible thumpers have seen to that

Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Apparently images that don't include only white male property owners now means you are either bringing race, sex, or some other irrelevant and subjugadated group into the discussion.

DaBubzy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaBubzy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaBubzy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaBubzy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaBubzy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaBubzy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaBubzy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaBubzy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaBubzy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaBubzy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaBubzy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

lol he SUCKS at basketball

pisses me off that florida & ohio basically decided this election for us.
    "Overtraining" - sponsoring fukarounditis & half a$sed workouts since 1991

"Its quite hard to hit Calories equal to macros." -LDNpeter

^This is why the Nutrition section can't have nice things.

"Look son, there comes a time in every man's life when he has to make a decision. Do you want to be big, powerful, jacked, yoked up, have women everywhere want you and men fear you . . . or do you want to do crossfit?"

Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DaBubzy View Post
    lol he SUCKS at basketball
    He went to Columbia and Harvard. Nerds that go to Ivy league schools aren't good at sports.

Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I see no issue with current technology to just making it a straight national vote. Highest number of total votes wins. **** states.

Also:

deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) deadpool9 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by midcoastking33 View Post
    Electoral votes should be able to be split, instead of all or nothing. Technically speaking if we had no electoral college my vote would matter proportionately even less than it does now, so some sort of middle ground would be ideal. Of course there is no middle ground the u.s. anymore, bible thumpers have seen to that
    This. States like Florida that were nearly 50/50 and all the electoral votes go one way? Why? Use popular vote to determine the percentage of electoral votes.
    There is no spoon.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: For I am the baddest man in the valley.

We all only have today and right now, but without death being pressed upon us we hide behind our false pretense of immortality. - Lvisaa

The electoral college serves a purpose. Without one, there is no equality in votes
    Actually, it creates prefect equality in votes. Everyone's vote is of the same weight. Aren't you, in fact, suggesting that these lower pop areas get higher importance? What makes you more able to decide or worth more votes/power/weight than those in higher pop areas? Aren't you going to be just as ignorant to their situations/needs as they are to yours?

psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Lvisaa2 View Post
    Actually, it creates prefect equality in votes. Everyone's vote is of the same weight. Aren't you, in fact, suggesting that these lower pop areas get higher importance? What makes you more able to decide or worth more votes/power/weight than those in higher pop areas? Aren't you going to be just as ignorant to their situations/needs as they are to yours?
    So Thats how bush won the election because everyone's vote counts the same?
    PL Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154662503

BTK!

First Meet 8/25/13 281/264/418 963 @198

5/24/14 352.5/286/462.5 1101 @242