Page 51 of 210 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 6295
    LIL666SHEEZY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LIL666SHEEZY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LIL666SHEEZY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LIL666SHEEZY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LIL666SHEEZY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LIL666SHEEZY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LIL666SHEEZY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LIL666SHEEZY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by NoahideBrah View Post
    Dude I'm listening. Calisthenics has become a major part of my life. I love it. Your words don't fall on deaf ears brah.
    this

Benny90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benny90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benny90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benny90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benny90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benny90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benny90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benny90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benny90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benny90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benny90 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i tried calisthenics after workout,for fun

look at me in photo
    Attached Images

xCody is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xCody is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xCody is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xCody is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xCody is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xCody is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xCody is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xCody is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xCody is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xCody is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xCody is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

EDIT: In on calisthenics crew. I've been doing this stuff for almost a year now. Starting to get into more pyramid/super-set stuff now. Will try the 1-10-1 pyramid soon and report back.

Also, if you can, I highly recommend investing in rings. The amount of stuff you can do on those is almost endless and they help build a lot of control from having to constantly stabilize yourself. Also, it's more comfortable to work stuff like levers on those.

EDIT 2: more videos

Last edited by xCody; 10-03-2012 at 11:24 AM.

FitFor75th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitFor75th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitFor75th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitFor75th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitFor75th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitFor75th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitFor75th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitFor75th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitFor75th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitFor75th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitFor75th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My new routine consists of combining supersets with pyramids. I train every day; upper body with cardio on day A, then lower body with core isometrics on day B. Repeat.

My current peak is 6 - I started over from 2 once I implemented cardio. Here's an example (no rest anywhere unless I have to catch my breath):

1 PullUp / 2 Close (PushUps)
    2 ChinUps / 4 Wide
    3 Neutrals / 6 Normal
    4 PullUps / 8 Close
    5 ChinUps / 10 Wide
    6 Neutrals / 12 Normal
    5 PullUps / 10 Close
    4 ChinUps / 8 Wide
    3 Neutrals / 6 Normal
    2 PullUps / 4 Close
    1 Chinups / 2 Wide

Followed by either a jog, sprints or a run.

On B days I might do something like:

2 V Ups / 3 Lunges
    4 Bicycle Kicks / 6 Calf Raises
    6 Crunches / 9 Squats
    8 V Ups / 12 Lunges
    10 Kicks / 15 Raises
    12 Crunches / 18 Squats
    10 V Ups / 15 Lunges
    8 Kicks / 12 Raises
    6 Crunches / 9 Squats
    4 V Ups / 6 Lunges
    2 Kicks / 3 Raises

Followed by various core holds.

Mr.Serpent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Serpent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Serpent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Serpent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Serpent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Serpent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Serpent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Serpent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Serpent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Serpent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Serpent is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    This definitely needs to be a crew, where the hell is ROB at?

I had my second calisthenics work out today. The pain I've had in my back for the last few weeks is starting to go away, which is great even by itself.

Bought some push up stands and used them today, great stuff, also used them to hold myself up in a quarter planche position. Horizontal, but with my legs tucked into my chest, I'm finding it difficult but I'm sure I'll see results soon. Planche and hand stands are my main goal right now.

matt7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matt7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matt7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matt7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matt7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matt7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matt7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matt7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matt7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matt7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matt7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    in. my gym membership ran out and i dont have any money.
    -Misc Firearms Crew
    -American Patriot Crew
    -Misc Drunk Crew
    -Always takes more than the recommended dosage crew

-6'3"
    -219lbs

xCody is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xCody is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xCody is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xCody is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xCody is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xCody is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xCody is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xCody is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xCody is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xCody is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xCody is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Mr.Serpent View Post
    This definitely needs to be a crew, where the hell is ROB at?

I had my second calisthenics work out today. The pain I've had in my back for the last few weeks is starting to go away, which is great even by itself.

Bought some push up stands and used them today, great stuff, also used them to hold myself up in a quarter planche position. Horizontal, but with my legs tucked into my chest, I'm finding it difficult but I'm sure I'll see results soon. Planche and hand stands are my main goal right now.
    dem push up bars are great. I'm thinking about getting some real parallettes soon, though. Anyways, for tucked planche, just keep holding yourself off the ground until you get stronger at it. Once you can hold it for like 20-30 seconds, try to start raising your lower back up. MAKE SURE YOUR ARMS ARE LOCKED OUTTTTTTTTT

And for the handstands, what really helped/helps me is kick up to the wall, then push off and balance. Once you get that down for at least 10 seconds, start working on kicking up to one freestanding. Also, practice the frog stand too for more balance.
    Last edited by xCody; 10-03-2012 at 12:31 PM.

Mr.Serpent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Serpent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Serpent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Serpent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Serpent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Serpent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Serpent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Serpent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Serpent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Serpent is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Serpent is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by xCody View Post
    dem push up bars are great. I'm thinking about getting some real parallettes soon, though. Anyways, for tucked planche, just keep holding yourself off the ground until you get stronger at it. Once you can hold it for like 20-30 seconds, try to start raising your lower back up. MAKE SURE YOUR ARMS ARE LOCKED OUTTTTTTTTT

And for the handstands, what really helped/helps me is kick up to the wall, then push off and balance. Once you get that down for at least 10 seconds, start working on kicking up to one freestanding. Also, practice the frog stand too for more balance.

That's not a diss. Damn son, I wish I had started doing this stuff at your age. Thanks for the advice man, repped and yeah I think I might invest in some parallettes when I start seeing results, they look great.

Benny90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benny90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benny90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benny90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benny90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benny90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benny90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benny90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benny90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benny90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benny90 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Look at him: FRANK MEDRANO on youtube

Realomegablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Realomegablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Realomegablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Realomegablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Realomegablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Realomegablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Realomegablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Realomegablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Realomegablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Realomegablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Realomegablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Sup guys. Good to see that this thread is still alive (=
    FOLLOW ME: http://instagram.com/CocainaBlaze

Calisthenic Crew

Powerlifting Crew

Realomegablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Realomegablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Realomegablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Realomegablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Realomegablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Realomegablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Realomegablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Realomegablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Realomegablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Realomegablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Realomegablaze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Phaze2 View Post
    no sit ups?
    No sit ups.. Good way to burn sugar(Latic Acid) and fuck up your spine in the process..

Calisthenic Crew

Powerlifting Crew

Originally Posted by Realomegablaze View Post
    No sit ups.. Good way to burn sugar(Latic Acid) and fuck up your spine in the process..
    Lol, sit ups are lame. Hanging leg raises, dragon flags, and levers are better.

EDIT: I wish more people talked about calisthenics/gymnastic stuff. It's more fun when people share videos, advice, and workouts rather than doing it all by yourself. bodybuilding.com probably isn't the best place to talk about this stuff, and all of the other forums are dead.

CCAurora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CCAurora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CCAurora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CCAurora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CCAurora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CCAurora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CCAurora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CCAurora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CCAurora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CCAurora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CCAurora has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I spent the summer doing body weight exercises instead of lifting and I look about as good now as when I was lifting heavy... muscle meory plays a huge role because I already slabbed on lots of muscle fibers from years of heavy lifting... I can now re-activate those fibers while focusing on workouts that burn more fat and work my core better... feelsgoodman

DnkyKng will become famous soon enough. (+50) DnkyKng will become famous soon enough. (+50) DnkyKng will become famous soon enough. (+50) DnkyKng will become famous soon enough. (+50) DnkyKng will become famous soon enough. (+50) DnkyKng will become famous soon enough. (+50) DnkyKng will become famous soon enough. (+50) DnkyKng will become famous soon enough. (+50) DnkyKng will become famous soon enough. (+50) DnkyKng will become famous soon enough. (+50) DnkyKng will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    probably made some good points but i cant take anybody with an eyebrow piercing seriously, sorry OP

Lol, sit ups are lame. Hanging leg raises, dragon flags, and levers are better.

EDIT: I wish more people talked about calisthenics/gymnastic stuff. It's more fun when people share videos, advice, and workouts rather than doing it all by yourself. bodybuilding.com probably isn't the best place to talk about this stuff, and all of the other forums are dead.
    Very true. dragon flags are king..

Also, since I've been back i see alot more positive comments. People are actually trying. Not that many people are committed though = /

Calisthenic Crew

Powerlifting Crew

Originally Posted by DnkyKng View Post
    probably made some good points but i cant take anybody with an eyebrow piercing seriously, sorry OP
    5'7 17.

You only have one more year to grow taller. I feel your pain.

Calisthenic Crew

Powerlifting Crew

LIL666SHEEZY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LIL666SHEEZY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LIL666SHEEZY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LIL666SHEEZY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LIL666SHEEZY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LIL666SHEEZY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LIL666SHEEZY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LIL666SHEEZY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Very true. dragon flags are king..

Also, since I've been back i see alot more positive comments. People are actually trying. Not that many people are committed though = /
    do u get sore after your workouts, i had been the first 2 weeks, but im not getting as sore now

Originally Posted by CCAurora View Post
    I spent the summer doing body weight exercises instead of lifting and I look about as good now as when I was lifting heavy... muscle meory plays a huge role because I already slabbed on lots of muscle fibers from years of heavy lifting... I can now re-activate those fibers while focusing on workouts that burn more fat and work my core better... feelsgoodman
    Good stuff broseph.

Calisthenic Crew

Powerlifting Crew

www.thehealthygamer.com AntiGlobalist's Avatar
    AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I like to add in a mostly bodyweight circuit to the end of my lifting workouts.

Kills two birds with one stone, gives more endurance/high rep work to muscle groups and also is great cardio.

My favorite is:

Sprint 60 seconds, walk 90, repeat 5x
    Circuit of 15 pushups, 15 bodyweight squats, 5 pullups repeat 10x
    Sprint 60 seconds, walk 90 repeat 5x

Amazing total body cardio.
    11B, NASM CPT, CFL1

**Are you a gamer who lifts? Then you need to follow my Healthy Gaming Channel:**
    http://www.youtube.com/user/HappyJacksChannel
    http://www.TheHealthyGamer.com

★★ Hiking 2,189 miles from Georgia to Maine on the Appalachian Trail 2016 follow on IG instagram.com/jackjoneshg and at thejourney.co ★★

Originally Posted by LIL666SHEEZY View Post
    do u get sore after your workouts, i had been the first 2 weeks, but im not getting as sore now
    Depends on the routine. If you get sore the VERY next day, 1 of 2 things. You over trained or you haven't been working that muscle efficiently or often.

This isn't like weights were you keep can do a set number. It's all about PROGRESSION. (You ARE the weight.)

You have to up the number of reps(medium), switch the grip of the move(easiest-recommended), or advance to a advanced move and use the same routine(hardest). Your call sir.

Calisthenic Crew

Powerlifting Crew

LiquidSword has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiquidSword has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiquidSword has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiquidSword has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiquidSword has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiquidSword has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiquidSword has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiquidSword has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiquidSword has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiquidSword has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiquidSword has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Why no situps? Seems like the other exercises you posted are for the hip flexors...
    ♦ ɴɣϲ ϲrew ♦

Spread reps on the misc all day

Originally Posted by AntiGlobalist View Post
    I like to add in a mostly bodyweight circuit to the end of my lifting workouts.

Kills two birds with one stone, gives more endurance/high rep work to muscle groups and also is great cardio.

My favorite is:

Sprint 60 seconds, walk 90, repeat 5x
    Circuit of 15 pushups, 15 bodyweight squats, 5 pullups repeat 10x
    Sprint 60 seconds, walk 90 repeat 5x

Amazing total body cardio.
    Definitely. Consistent movement is KEY!

Calisthenic Crew

Powerlifting Crew

Depends on the routine. If you get sore the VERY next day, 1 of 2 things. You over trained or you haven't been working that muscle efficiently or often.

This isn't like weights were you keep can do a set number. It's all about PROGRESSION. (You ARE the weight.)

You have to up the number of reps(medium), switch the grip of the move(easiest-recommended), or advance to a advanced move and use the same routine(hardest). Your call sir.
    true i did about 45 minutes of pushups yesterday , did pyramid sets until i was failing on 4 on the come up then switched over to just like normal sets and didnt wake up sore.

i was thinking its because my body is used to doing like 5-6 reps of heavy weight rather then high numbers of reps like that

chest pump was insane to

Originally Posted by LiquidSword View Post
    Why no situps? Seems like the other exercises you posted are for the hip flexors...
    Try 'em out and see for yourself. Can you even do those exercises with perfect form for reps?

Also, core strength is all about no momentum. About 99% of the people who do sit-ups are barely using any strength. If you're gonna do sit-ups, do them suuuuuper slow, like 30 seconds up 30 seconds down.

Originally Posted by LiquidSword View Post
    Dragon flags are not for the hip flexors, Front levers are not for the hip flexors, Back levers are not for the hip flexors, planche's are not for the hip flexors, L-Sits are not for the hip flexors...

Also, situps are too easy. Who the fuck can't do a sit up????? Adding weight to a sit up is too easy and you're gonna snap your $hit up...

Calisthenic Crew

Powerlifting Crew

true i did about 45 minutes of pushups yesterday , did pyramid sets until i was failing on 4 on the come up then switched over to just like normal sets and didnt wake up sore.

i was thinking its because my body is used to doing like 5-6 reps of heavy weight rather then high numbers of reps like that

chest pump was insane to
    I only get sore when I do crazy amounts of volume or when I train completely new moves. And yeah, the pump from push ups is like no other.

SxeSam is a name known to all. (+5000) SxeSam is a name known to all. (+5000) SxeSam is a name known to all. (+5000) SxeSam is a name known to all. (+5000) SxeSam is a name known to all. (+5000) SxeSam is a name known to all. (+5000) SxeSam is a name known to all. (+5000) SxeSam is a name known to all. (+5000) SxeSam is a name known to all. (+5000) SxeSam is a name known to all. (+5000) SxeSam is a name known to all. (+5000)
    In.

LiquidSword has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiquidSword has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiquidSword has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiquidSword has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiquidSword has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiquidSword has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiquidSword has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiquidSword has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiquidSword has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiquidSword has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiquidSword has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Dragon flags are not for the hip flexors, Front levers are not for the hip flexors, Back levers are not for the hip flexors, planche's are not for the hip flexors, L-Sits are not for the hip flexors...

Also, situps are too easy. Who the fuck can't do a sit up????? Adding weight to a sit up is too easy and you're gonna snap your $hit up...
    Ah thanks I didnt see that list. Was referring to the guy who said hanging leg raises instead
    ♦ ɴɣϲ ϲrew ♦

Spread reps on the misc all day

I only get sore when I do crazy amounts of volume or when I train completely new moves. And yeah, the pump from push ups is like no other.
    true, im used to treating getting sore as like an accomplished workout, but idono i dont think it matters

and yeah the pump from a pushup is crazy, i see a vein that runs from the top of my neck to the middle part of my pec when i do em with my shirt off infront of the mirror

chest pump was insane to

Here's some wisdom. Once you stop feeling soreness on a specific move, that means you have enough strength to unlock another move.

Starting doing Pseudo push ups (hands beside your hip instead of by chest) and watch the soreness come right back. This move will prepare you for delts and chest for handstand push ups, planche/planche push ups and various other moves..

Calisthenic Crew

Powerlifting Crew