Marcusgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcusgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcusgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcusgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcusgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcusgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcusgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcusgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcusgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcusgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcusgs is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Decline bench ???

If I'm doing flat and incline is decline necessary or am I better of doing something different

ChrisAckerman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChrisAckerman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChrisAckerman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChrisAckerman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChrisAckerman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChrisAckerman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChrisAckerman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChrisAckerman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChrisAckerman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChrisAckerman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChrisAckerman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I do both, but they hit the same general area. Decline bench stimulates the chest more and will also help develop the lower pec. Many people enjoy doing flat bench for the ego boost. Do whatever you like, though. It's unlikely that it will make a huge difference.

isavukmaas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I disagree with ^^ I believe incline bench works the most of your chest and you can hit lower with dips

ChrisAckerman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChrisAckerman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChrisAckerman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChrisAckerman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChrisAckerman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChrisAckerman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChrisAckerman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChrisAckerman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChrisAckerman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChrisAckerman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChrisAckerman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There has been research done to show that a decline bench recruits the most muscle fibers. That being said, I like to add incline benches to my workout because I find they are the only way to target my upper chest.

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Decline works the non-pec's part of the chest more proficiently. The angle doesn't stretch the area between the shoulder and the upper-torso as opposed to pushing your arms straight out.. Do you do dips?

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I don't like decline, so I don't perform it. I have in the past...and overall there's no real difference for me.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Decline is the most effective angle for bench. Works the pec more completely than any other angle. Look up the EKG studies

Maybe one workout do flat and incline, the next do incline and decline, and the next decline and flat. Cycle through them
    Type 1 Diabetic - Since age 15
    Luke 1:37 "For NOTHING is impossible with God"

INSTAGRAM: StevenGFH Follow me!

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.
    SCIENCE - INNOVATION - QUALITY - RESULTS
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/all/all.htm

Disclaimer: All forum or bulletin board posts are solely the opinion of myself and do not necessarily reflect the views of ALLMAX

Marcusgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcusgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcusgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcusgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcusgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcusgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcusgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcusgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcusgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcusgs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marcusgs is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks for the answers guys. I did all three today mainly because I like compounds but I think two bench variations will be enough

KarmicEffects is just really nice. (+1000) KarmicEffects is just really nice. (+1000) KarmicEffects is just really nice. (+1000) KarmicEffects is just really nice. (+1000) KarmicEffects is just really nice. (+1000) KarmicEffects is just really nice. (+1000) KarmicEffects is just really nice. (+1000) KarmicEffects is just really nice. (+1000) KarmicEffects is just really nice. (+1000) KarmicEffects is just really nice. (+1000) KarmicEffects is just really nice. (+1000)
    Weighted Dips > Decline Bench ... but both hit the focus on chest way better than incline/flat ever did for me...currently doing W-Dips, Incline Dumbbell, & Flat Barbell.
    Started @ 2009 - 335 LBS & 37% BF
    Now @ 2014 - 210 LBS & 11% BF

"Get what you like so you're not stuck having to like what you get."
    "Ghime? What's a ghime?" *Homer walks into the gym* "Oh, haha...a GHIME."

Registered User miamibodybuilder's Avatar
    miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000)
    declines are very good to add mass to the bottom portion of the chest but be careful because many times that portion can be built a lot faster than the upper and you'll look very odd. i do declines every other week and that seems to be working out very well for me. i would recommend every other week or every couple weeks you do declines and focus more on inclines with db's and barbells.
    NGA Natural bodybuilder
    AAEFX Board Rep
    Team Natural Freak

Basketball22 is a name known to all. (+5000) Basketball22 is a name known to all. (+5000) Basketball22 is a name known to all. (+5000) Basketball22 is a name known to all. (+5000) Basketball22 is a name known to all. (+5000) Basketball22 is a name known to all. (+5000) Basketball22 is a name known to all. (+5000) Basketball22 is a name known to all. (+5000) Basketball22 is a name known to all. (+5000) Basketball22 is a name known to all. (+5000) Basketball22 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    This article doesn't address decline press but is still fantastic read.
    snapchat:bach225
    U.S. Army 13F
    ++ Positive Crew ++
    ★ DEADLIFT CREW ★
    +Ohio til I die crew+

gwgtopshelf is a name known to all. (+5000) gwgtopshelf is a name known to all. (+5000) gwgtopshelf is a name known to all. (+5000) gwgtopshelf is a name known to all. (+5000) gwgtopshelf is a name known to all. (+5000) gwgtopshelf is a name known to all. (+5000) gwgtopshelf is a name known to all. (+5000) gwgtopshelf is a name known to all. (+5000) gwgtopshelf is a name known to all. (+5000) gwgtopshelf is a name known to all. (+5000) gwgtopshelf is a name known to all. (+5000)
    flys for pecs !
    Ortho core
    Mre Lite
    Super EPA
    Big Noise

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159915601
    ANS RITUAL LOG
    I have done other logs as well

brazilianbadboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brazilianbadboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brazilianbadboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brazilianbadboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brazilianbadboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brazilianbadboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brazilianbadboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brazilianbadboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brazilianbadboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brazilianbadboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brazilianbadboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by xStevenx View Post
    Decline is the most effective angle for bench. Works the pec more completely than any other angle. Look up the EKG studies

Maybe one workout do flat and incline, the next do incline and decline, and the next decline and flat. Cycle through them
    ^^ This! I'm a big believe in decline bench press. I think its one of the most over looked chest exercises.
    Army Veteran, OEF.

jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Marcusgs View Post
    If I'm doing flat and incline is decline necessary or am I better of doing something different

Don't forget to use the power rack when you bench heavy.

Dips target the lower(sternal) pecs.

Overhead presses and inclines target the upper(clavicular) pecs.

Flat bench hits both, so I wouldn't worry about any of this.

If you arch your back and retract your shoulder blades for stability, and bench from below the pecs like a powerlifter, it is like a decline anyway. They do that because it is stronger, and shortens the ROM, while protecting the shoulders.

Hope this helps.
    Beginners:

FIERCE 5:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159678631

Beyond novice, 5 3 1 or see above:)

Unless it is obvious to anyone who isn't blind that you lift weights, you might still benefit from a little more attention to big basic barbell exercises for enough reps:).