vem som helst kan vinna! CelticTheTruth's Avatar
    CelticTheTruth is just really nice. (+1000) CelticTheTruth is just really nice. (+1000) CelticTheTruth is just really nice. (+1000) CelticTheTruth is just really nice. (+1000) CelticTheTruth is just really nice. (+1000) CelticTheTruth is just really nice. (+1000) CelticTheTruth is just really nice. (+1000) CelticTheTruth is just really nice. (+1000) CelticTheTruth is just really nice. (+1000) CelticTheTruth is just really nice. (+1000) CelticTheTruth is just really nice. (+1000)

Herman's Training Log - Training - Nutritition - Motivation

Greetings everybody!

Little background info on myself:
    Name's Herman, 20 years old.
    Been training seriously for about 3 years now. Last two and a half years have extensively trained olympic weightlifting (not that I'm still good in it).
    Got up to decent numbers at one point, and stupidly injured my back doing deadlifts (I did not really do any deadlifts at the time, and decided to max out basically an hour after waking up, with body not ready and there it went...). After some time started recovery, slowly creeping back to training.

Then came round' summer, due to work, traveling and other things I did not train with weights for 4 months (june-september), but I did train a lot -
    mostly calisthenics and gymnastics, and reached a level where I could do front/back levers, handstand push-ups and etc. The autumn came round again, regained my motivation, and am ready to fire now again with weightlifting.

I started doing the Smolov program now, and am really really motivated. First I'm doing the Meso-cycle of the Smolov Program.
    Note that I'm not particularly strong at all at the moment, but hopefully muscle memory kicks in and with strong will power and little support from you guys
    I will be able to reach my previous strength levels quite quickly and then fly past them.

Aim of training: to gain strength, explosiveness and muscle mass

Training Plan: Smolov (first 3 weeks meso-cycle) 4 times a week - monday-wednesday-friday-saturday; tuesday,thursday being upper-body days
    and on sundays I have couple of light pick-up basketball games with friends. Also swimming in the sea 2-3 times a week for 10 minutes (water is really cold now, and the recovery effects are 10 times better than what a cold shower would have)

Here it goes, first training day of the Smolov Meso-Cycle:

Monday (1st October)
    warm-up dynamic stretches
    warm-up squats with bar
    warm-up squats with 60kg
    ATG back squats 4 sets of 9 reps with 90kg
    (end of main work-out, kept rest of the work light)
    3 sets of light shoulder presses with 50kg
    3 sets of light shoulder presses with 22,5kg dumbells
    3 weighted pull-ups with 15kg
    ab wheel

Now this was basically the first time I was doing any real squatting after 4 months, got to say my legs felt quite shaky and hamstrings were tense. Felt awsome though and I was motivated. I was sweating more than at any point during the summer doing calisthenics, running sprints or whatever other activity.

Nutritition of the dayTotal Calories: 6094; Total Protein: 278,5g; Total Fat: 130g; Carbs: too many so I didn't bother adding them up for the day

Breakfest:
    116g of oats
    200ml of milk
    50g of goji berries
    20g of strawberry jam
    1 banana
    2 cinnamon rolls
    cup of coffee with milk, no sugar

Massive pill of complex multivitamins and minerals
    omega-3 capsule

Lunch:
    153g of rice
    250g of ground beef
    tomatoes
    chopped onions
    chilli sauce
    apple

omega-3 capsule

Post workout:
    Post-workout shake (dextrose ´+ whey)
    banana

Dinner:
    500g of rice
    500g of cooked salmon fillet in olive oil and lemon sauce
    tomatoes
    250ml of 100% pure grape juice

omega-3 capsule

Post-dinner:
    1 liter of tea with milk

I felt good to manage to chew down on all of that food.
    Winners never quit, quitters never win.
    Only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick, I'm so mean I make medicine sick!
    I've wrestlered with an alligator, I done tossled with a whale, I done hand-cuffed lighting, thrown thunder in jail!

Got the mark of the bar on my traps
    Last edited by CelticTheTruth; 10-01-2012 at 02:05 PM.
    ☆☆☆MISC BOXING CREW☆☆☆
    FOUNDER of ♚♛Skåne CREW♛♚
    If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything

CelticTheTruth is just really nice. (+1000) CelticTheTruth is just really nice. (+1000) CelticTheTruth is just really nice. (+1000) CelticTheTruth is just really nice. (+1000) CelticTheTruth is just really nice. (+1000) CelticTheTruth is just really nice. (+1000) CelticTheTruth is just really nice. (+1000) CelticTheTruth is just really nice. (+1000) CelticTheTruth is just really nice. (+1000) CelticTheTruth is just really nice. (+1000) CelticTheTruth is just really nice. (+1000)
    FUAAAARK! I'm pissed!#@
    I had an active rest day today at the gym (Just started with Smolov yesterday)and I tried doing this challenge as a warm-up, also first thing I did at the gym.
    Went with slow, controlled reps with the though of not tireing myself out fast (I have not lifted for 4 months and I always trained in the 1-3 and maybe in the 5 rep range so this was going to be interesting. My ****ing arms died and started shaking and ****, ****! Easy as hell for the legs. I won't post the date vid or anything because there's no point, I did not even come close with my 16 reps, but at least all of them were ass to grass,eh :/

oh and btw my weight was 83,9kg and 60kg on the bar

active rest day
    overhead squats 1 x 16 x 60kg
    bench press 5 x 5 x 90kg
    bench press eccentric phase 1 x 120kg; 1 x 110kg;
    pull-overs 1 x 20 with a 15kg plate
    abdominal routine with a 15kg plate

Nutritition of the Day: Total Calories: 5891; Total Protein: 292g
    Because I don't have time right now I won't break down the meal plan. Had 5 big meals today.

Went for a quick dip in the sea today too, helped with the DOMS from first day of Smolov and was refreshing and energizing,
    water temperature approximately 8-9 degrees Celsius.
    ☆☆☆MISC BOXING CREW☆☆☆

Wednesday, 3rd October
    Today's activities were:
    swimming in the sea for 10 minutes with 8 degrees Celsius water
    2nd training day of Smolov

Training
    dynamic warm-up
    squats with the bar
    squats with 60kg
    Start of work-sets:
    (was supposed to do 5 x 7 x 96kg, but didn't manage on last 2 sets)
    1 x 7 x 96kg
    1 x 7 x 96kg
    1 x 7 x 96kg
    1 x 4 x 96kg
    1 x 4 x 90kg (lol?) I put the blame on yesterdays overhead squat competition attempt,
    allthough I was supposed to rest. Little burned out today.
    End of main training
    box jumps 3 x 3
    box jumps higher height 3 x 2
    box jumps highest height 2 x 1

[Nutritition of the day[/b]: Total Calories: 4095 kcal; Total Protein: 178g
    Little low calories and protein compared to the previous days, nevertheless I feel like I've eaten alot and am ass full as can be.

Swimming
    ☆☆☆MISC BOXING CREW☆☆☆

Rest day today, plan on doing lot of stretching and recovery work.
    And just found this wonderful quote about Smolov

"Smolov is a synonym for Hell. A Hell that you discover and book a trip to of your own volition.
    The experience is anything but pleasant but the journey will make you stronger than you ever thought possible in such a short period of time.

I’d tell you have fun, but you won’t.
    Just plan on surviving."
    ☆☆☆MISC BOXING CREW☆☆☆

Friday, 5th October
    Training:

Was supposed to do 7 x 5 ATG back squats with 103kg, but really struggled, recovery hasn't been up to bar, so decided to do box squats instead of ATG.
    This was the only way to get work in today.
    dynamic warm-up
    warm-up squats 2 x 5 x 60kg
    ATG 2 x 3 x 103kg :/
    box squats 5 x 5 x 130kg
    some pull-ups
    ab work

Nutritition of the day: Total Calories: 4953 kcal and counting..; Total Protein: 150g :/
    Opted for pizzas post-workout to get better recovery. Need to get about 2000 more kcal in today..

And I'm about to go out clubbing...not feeling for it but yeah...training tomorow morning.
    ☆☆☆MISC BOXING CREW☆☆☆

Saturday, 6th October
    Training:

dynamic warm-up
    squats with bar
    squats with 50kg
    squats with 70kg
    Start of working sets:
    (resetted my percentages for today, was clubbing yesterday and did not have much sleep)
    squats 4 x 3 x 100kg
    squats 4 x 3 x 90kg
    I was ****ed up..
    finished by doing some drop snatches and other light oly work and abs.

Nutritition of the day so far:

4AM: pizza - 720kcal, an apple - 45kcal
    9AM: oatmeal with jam and banana: 700kcal
    mid-training: a banana - 85kcal
    post-training: recovery shake - 290kcal
    2PM: Big fatty Yogurt - 700kcal
    3PM: pizza - 720kcal, two apples - 90kcal
    ...to be continued...
    ☆☆☆MISC BOXING CREW☆☆☆

Monday, 8th October:
    (I added 5kg to the squat compared to last week, not 10kg, as Smolov suggests, as my squat is too low for such a jump yet, still good progress)

dynamic warm-up
    squats with the bar
    squats with 60kg (2 x 5)
    Start of main training:
    ATG squats 4 x 9 x 95kg
    End of main work-out
    15 wide-grip pull-ups
    3 x 10 incline flies x 22,5kg dumbells

felt proud of myself in the end of the training - "a man's finest hour is when he has worked his heart out on a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle, victorious."

Nutritition of the day: Don't really have the time to delve into this right now but totalled probably around 4500-5000kcal.
    ☆☆☆MISC BOXING CREW☆☆☆

Wednesday, 10th October

Training:

dynamic warm-up
    mobility work for shoulders
    mobility work for hip flexors
    warm-up with the bar
    squats with the bar
    squats 2 x 5 x 60kg
    Start of main training:
    ATG squats 1 x 7 x 101kg
    ATG squats 1 x 7 x 101kg
    ATG squats 1 x 5 x 101kg
    ATG squats 1 x 3 x 101kg
    ATG squats 1 x 7 x 90kg
    1 lighting fast jerk with 90kg
    End of main training
    abdominal crunches on the pull-down machine:
    the whole stack 3 x 30 reps
    dips 1 x 5 x 25kg
    dips 1 x 3 x 35kg
    some pull-ups.

Soft-tissue work and rolling.

Although I didn't manage to finish all the reps in all sets for my squats I was quite satisfied with my training
    because it was a 5kg increase for the 7rep sets since last week and even last week it felt heavy. Progress.

Nutritition of the Day: will probably reach 6000kcal as I have done see-food diet today.
    ☆☆☆MISC BOXING CREW☆☆☆

Friday, 12th October

Training:
    dynamic warm-up
    squats with the bar
    squats 2 x 5 x 60kg
    Start of main training:
    ATG squats 1 x 5 x 105kg
    ATG squats 1 x 5 x 105kg
    ATG squats 1 x 3 x 105kg
    ATG squats 1 x 5 x 102,5kg
    ATG squats 1 x 4 x 102,5kg - fail on 5th rep.
    End of main training.
    Incline chest flies
    1 x 12 x 22,5kg
    1 x 10 x 22,5kg
    1 x 8 x 22,5kg

This training took me incredibly long time and I was quite exhausted later on.
    In the evening watched football with bros and ate really dirty like 4 pizzas and 6 ice-creams etc.
    In the end I felt disgusted lol.
    Last edited by CelticTheTruth; 10-13-2012 at 05:52 AM.
    ☆☆☆MISC BOXING CREW☆☆☆

Saturday, 13th October

Training:
    I hate training on saturdays because the gym is opened only in the morning and mid-day, so I don't get adequate recovery from Friday's
    training because there's not enough time in between the two sessions. And I have found out that my body is not capable to lift heavy in the
    morning when during the first hours after waking up.

Was supposed to do 10 x 3 x 108kg according to Smolov.
    Squats with the bar
    2 x 5 x 60kg
    Didn't want to bother with the small plates, put 110kg on..
    1 x disaster x 110kg - did not feel like I have any strength at all, no way I was going to get through this ****.

Resorted to some explosive/speed work.
    Snatches 3 x 2 x 40kg
    Snatches 4 x 2 x 60kg
    close grip bench press - pyramided up 'til 80kg with 5 reps in each set.

Boxing -hit the heavy bag for a while, got some savage out and gave me a feeling like I actually even trained today.

**** this ****. Fyfffaaaaan!!

Eating totally clean today.
    Post-workout meal was lots of rice, lean chicken breast, cucumbers, carrots, etc.
    ☆☆☆MISC BOXING CREW☆☆☆

Monday, 15th October

Training:

dynamic warm-up
    squats with the bar
    squats 2 x 5 x 60kg
    Start of main training:
    ATG squats 1 x 9 x 97,5kg
    ATG squats 1 x 8 x 97,5kg
    End of main training
    bench press: bar x 30 to get the blood flowing
    bench press: 1 x 8 x 60kg
    bench press 1 x 8 x 70kg
    bench press 1 x 4 x 75kg
    bench press 1 x 10 x 60kg
    2 x abdominal circuit with a 25kg plate
    calisthenics

Front lever
    ab wheel
    front raises with a 10kg plate

Really happy with today's training and I got massive amount of quality food in the evening too, so should not be a problem with the recovery. Will go to sleep now.
    ☆☆☆MISC BOXING CREW☆☆☆

Wednesday, 17th October
    Training:
    dyanmic warm-up
    squats with the bar
    ATG squats 2 x 5 x 60kg
    Start of main training
    ATG squats 1 x 7 x 103,5kg
    ATG squats 1 x 7 x 103,5kg
    ATG squats 1 x 5 x 103,5kg
    ATG squats 1 x 7 x 100kg
    ATG squats 1 x 4 x 100kg - fail on the 5th rep,
    end of main training
    bunch of isolation **** and abs with weights.

Nutritition of the day: Around 10, 000kcal, insane amount of food.
    Still I'm staying lean.
    ☆☆☆MISC BOXING CREW☆☆☆