Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    eskim0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eskim0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eskim0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eskim0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eskim0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eskim0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eskim0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eskim0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eskim0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eskim0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eskim0 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Lowlander View Post
    Nobody gives a f*ck about the revolutionary war lmao. The British public in general don't look up to the military like they're gods either.
    you need to watch the patriot. then you will care, its kinda like the american version of brave heart, same actor its pretty good

mrh0rnet is not very helpful. (-500) mrh0rnet is not very helpful. (-500) mrh0rnet is not very helpful. (-500) mrh0rnet is not very helpful. (-500) mrh0rnet is not very helpful. (-500) mrh0rnet is not very helpful. (-500) mrh0rnet is not very helpful. (-500) mrh0rnet is not very helpful. (-500) mrh0rnet is not very helpful. (-500) mrh0rnet is not very helpful. (-500) mrh0rnet is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by Musc1eBound View Post
    Putting us in greater danger but sht rarely has ever happened on US soil lol. A lot of countries disagree with our ways but they know what will happen if they start anything.
    You do know 9/11 kinda kills that theory right? It may not be a traditional military invasion but then again there doesn't need to be. That was 3k+ people killed in a matter of a few hours. I somewhat agree with OP, all what they're doing over there in the middle east is doing is making us new enemies to pull more 9/11's in the future. There's really no justification for us having been in Iraq to begin with and look at how that turned out, over a million of them dead and with a hatred for us something fierce. In a few years they'll be the ones flying planes into buildings over here.

wellyeah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wellyeah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wellyeah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wellyeah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wellyeah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wellyeah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wellyeah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wellyeah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wellyeah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wellyeah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wellyeah is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Freedom from what OP? We have freedom from being worried about getting over-run by other countries or even attacked on our home land. Having a great military keeps the bad guys away from it's citizens. Many people go to war so that their families can live peacefully at home. Not saying I agree with the way things are run now, but you can't disagree that many countries fear us, which right now is more important than hate.

Lowlander has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lowlander has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lowlander has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lowlander has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lowlander has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lowlander has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lowlander has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lowlander has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lowlander has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lowlander has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lowlander has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by eskim0 View Post
    you need to watch the patriot. then you will care, its kinda like the american version of brave heart, same actor its pretty good
    No, i will still not give a sh*t. I don't care about the military, wars, colonialism etc.

EpicLevelWizard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EpicLevelWizard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EpicLevelWizard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EpicLevelWizard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EpicLevelWizard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EpicLevelWizard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EpicLevelWizard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EpicLevelWizard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EpicLevelWizard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EpicLevelWizard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EpicLevelWizard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    We need oil for freedom, the brown people have oil, so the military shoots the brown people, therefore they're protecting our freedom.

To put it simply, AAAAAAMMERICCAAAA, PHUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not srs, but no hate on military brahs, respect for a chosen career; if you hate on them you may as well hate dentists, cops, and air conditioner repairmen too.
    "There is no reason to be alive if you cannot do deadlift!" - J.P.S.

Moist.

Taking a break from here because life is more important, see you *******s in 6 months. Srs.

eskim0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eskim0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eskim0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eskim0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eskim0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eskim0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eskim0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eskim0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eskim0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eskim0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eskim0 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    No, i will still not give a sh*t. I don't care about the military, wars, colonialism etc.
    have you ever heard of william wallace?

Lowlander has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lowlander has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lowlander has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lowlander has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lowlander has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lowlander has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lowlander has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lowlander has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lowlander has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lowlander has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lowlander has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Notsureifsrs I probably know alot more about him than you. BRB you watched a movie and you're now an expert.

Methodological Naturalism tk217's Avatar
    tk217 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tk217 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tk217 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tk217 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tk217 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tk217 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tk217 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tk217 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tk217 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tk217 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tk217 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Pretty sure he is Scottish and doesn't care about war in general.

Kazann is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kazann is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kazann is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kazann is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kazann is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kazann is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kazann is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kazann is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kazann is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kazann is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kazann is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    lol this.

LOL @ being proud of having a strong military

brb trillions spent on the military. wasted

2012 and dumb ****s still killing each other over pointless garbage

brb i dont believe in your religion so im gonna bomb you.
    brb made fun of our prophet, bombing
    brb invading other countries
    brb cavemen logic
    brb wasting trillions sitting in a poverty country for 10+ years to find and kill 1 man

tk217 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tk217 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tk217 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tk217 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tk217 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tk217 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tk217 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tk217 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tk217 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tk217 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tk217 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Kazann View Post
    lol this.

LOL @ being proud of having a strong military

brb trillions spent on the military. wasted

2012 and dumb ****s still killing each other over pointless garbage

brb i dont believe in your religion so im gonna bomb you.
    brb made fun of our prophet, bombing
    brb invading other countries
    brb cavemen logic
    brb wasting trillions sitting in a poverty country for 10+ years to find and kill 1 man
    If you think our "military spending" is only on infantry and buying tanks/jets you are sadly mistaken and horribly ignorant.

Donnie_Darko is just really nice. (+1000) Donnie_Darko is just really nice. (+1000) Donnie_Darko is just really nice. (+1000) Donnie_Darko is just really nice. (+1000) Donnie_Darko is just really nice. (+1000) Donnie_Darko is just really nice. (+1000) Donnie_Darko is just really nice. (+1000) Donnie_Darko is just really nice. (+1000) Donnie_Darko is just really nice. (+1000) Donnie_Darko is just really nice. (+1000) Donnie_Darko is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by wellyeah View Post
    Freedom from what OP? We have freedom from being worried about getting over-run by other countries or even attacked on our home land. Having a great military keeps the bad guys away from it's citizens. Many people go to war so that their families can live peacefully at home. Not saying I agree with the way things are run now, but you can't disagree that many countries fear us, which right now is more important than hate.
    I live in Ireland, I doubt our military even has a single tank, yet I don't see flocks of evil dictators coming at us to invade.

Frizzel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Frizzel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Frizzel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Frizzel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Frizzel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Frizzel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Frizzel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Frizzel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Frizzel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Frizzel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Frizzel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    then what is their excuse to be there?
    The most common justification - following orders. Second to that - fighting the axis of evil.

Originally Posted by tk217 View Post
    Uhh -- not sure OP seems like a loaded question.

The army doesn't give me freedom. It is suppose to protect my country -- but now it protects government interests and interests is not clearly defined.
    It definitely is a loaded question but so is any question on the misc which calls into account the actions of the US military.

Sick movie. Start from 0:33.

Originally Posted by wellyeah View Post
    That is my question to you. Freedom from what exactly? And I agree that having a substantial military power does deter other countries for attacking your soil, but that still doesnt answer my question. How does invading another country help protect the freedoms of US citizens?

Virtutis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Virtutis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Virtutis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Virtutis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Virtutis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Virtutis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by KaptainKandy View Post
    Part of the reason we are deployed in other countries is purely to maintain a defensive position and be able to quickly respond to any incoming attack. As for who put us in charge of saving the world; we did. Comes with being the largest military superpower. U mad?
    Logic: the best defence, is a good offence.

Riddl3r has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Riddl3r has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Riddl3r has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Riddl3r has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Riddl3r has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Riddl3r has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Riddl3r has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Riddl3r has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Riddl3r has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Riddl3r has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Riddl3r has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Frizzel,

I believe the real answer lies within profit and agenda.

If I were an arms manufacturer/military supplier in some way, I would want the military to be used indefinitely as this means for me a constant stream of profit. Whether this be by supplying weapons, ammunition, military vehicles/aircraft etc... or even something as small as the food/clothes they get.

Agenda would be to further spread 'democracy' (taking over as many places as you can) for whatever reasons they might have.

Whoever is supplying the military and the people with specific agendas would both lobby in Washington to go to war or enter a military conflict every chance they get.

For the average joe on the street and 99.99% of the people on this forum they would say 'they are protecting our freedom' or 'keeping us safe'. If I were an arms manufacturer I would be more than happy to have these people support my country, same can be said for the people who with other agendas.

I believe this can occur only on the scale it has because of the way the people are in the US.

- Overly patriotic
    - The military is looked upon as Gods
    - Probably the most gullible citizens in the western world.
    - USA...USA...USA.... need I say more.

Originally Posted by Frizzel View Post
    The most common justification - following orders. Second to that - fighting the axis of evil.
    you answer your own question. you dont think us soldiers are following orders? and what will happen if the "axis of evil" takes over? bet you will lose some of the freedoms you have in scotland or england or wherever the hell you are

you answer your own question. you dont think us soldiers are following orders? and what will happen if the "axis of evil" takes over? bet you will lose some of the freedoms you have in scotland or england or wherever the hell you are
    You think anyone would invade America currently?

Insanity.

You've never seen America actually have a war since WWII. We've not used our full arsenal ever since that war. If we ever did this world would die and everyone in it would die.

BeardBrahhh is a name known to all. (+5000) BeardBrahhh is a name known to all. (+5000) BeardBrahhh is a name known to all. (+5000) BeardBrahhh is a name known to all. (+5000) BeardBrahhh is a name known to all. (+5000) BeardBrahhh is a name known to all. (+5000) BeardBrahhh is a name known to all. (+5000) BeardBrahhh is a name known to all. (+5000) BeardBrahhh is a name known to all. (+5000) BeardBrahhh is a name known to all. (+5000) BeardBrahhh is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'll give an example from my everyday personal life, the other day me and some friends were casually walking down the street (i live in a mid-sized city), and out of no where this guy jumps out the bushes with an AK47 shouting out us in some kind of foreign tongue and then he started shouting in English for us to shut up, quit talking. I'm like WTF bro, freedom of speech, hello?. Just then a team of army rangers repels out of a blackhawk flying overhead, and they quickly shoot the guy in both hands so he drops the AK47 and then they take the man captive for questioning.

freedom=protected

guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    This is not a troll or flame bait. Im genuinely curious to know how you think the military is protecting your freedom by invading another country and inciting further hatred towards the US by killing innocent civilians. If anything, I would argue that the actions of the millitary are putting your country in greater danger.
    The saying that the military protects our freeing is patriotic/goes back to days were there was an actual threat of oppression. (England before the Revolution, German/Japan for WWI and WWII, etc.) The idea of a foreign country 'invading' and conquering is amusing, but realistically it can't happen in America. Its simply not economically viable for the 'invading' country. I guess you can say that add a level of deterrence though.

As for the theory that our current military/their actions are putting us in greater danger, well, that's laughable. America and European nations had been relatively peaceful for years yet terrorist attacks (like 9/11 and the other attacks in Europe) have occurred. Personally I think the chances of terrorist attacks on US soil is greatly diminished when our troops are overseas kicking ass. Simply put they are too busy trying to defend the home turf to plan out/mount a major offensive in America.

If you are one of the people who believes 9/11 was the US government that's fine. I guess you'd have to also assume the attacks in Europe are funded by the countries that they occurred in as well... If that's your line of belief have at it. If you think that evil people/terrorists don't exist I suggest you read about Beslan. Bottom line is there are people out there that need to be killed... You let them rest up for too long and they'll come for you when your guard is down.

You don't have to actively be "oppressing" them for them to want you dead... The fact that you have a different culture/set of laws/religion is enough.

Bottom line is war is hell and I applaud our soldiers for getting out there and doing what needs to be done. The world isn't some happy peaceful place. And sitting around and minding our own business won't keep us safe either.

Fatebound is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fatebound is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fatebound is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fatebound is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fatebound is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fatebound is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fatebound is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fatebound is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fatebound is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fatebound is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fatebound is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Part of the reason we are deployed in other countries is purely to maintain a defensive position and be able to quickly respond to any incoming attack. As for who put us in charge of saving the world; we did. Comes with being the largest military superpower. U mad?
    no son, just dissapointed that's all.
    ~*Electronic Drums Crew*~
    ~*Final Fantasy XIV Crew*~
    ~*Tech N9ne Crew*~

Fatebound is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fatebound is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fatebound is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fatebound is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fatebound is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fatebound is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fatebound is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fatebound is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fatebound is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fatebound is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fatebound is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    brown poverty people are the axis of evil
    ~*Electronic Drums Crew*~
    ~*Final Fantasy XIV Crew*~
    ~*Tech N9ne Crew*~

Great Reset General Tha big kahoona's Avatar
    Tha big kahoona has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tha big kahoona has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tha big kahoona has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tha big kahoona has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tha big kahoona has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tha big kahoona has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tha big kahoona has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tha big kahoona has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tha big kahoona has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tha big kahoona has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tha big kahoona has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Not sure which is more disappointing, your arrogance, or the fact that you clearly have no idea that the American greenback is currently on its knees gasping for air
    "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"

Atheist Lebanese

BDS: Boycott - Divestment - Sanctions

Frizzel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Frizzel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Frizzel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Frizzel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Frizzel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Frizzel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Frizzel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Frizzel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Frizzel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Frizzel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Frizzel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Riddl3r View Post
    Frizzel,

I believe the real answer lies within profit and agenda.
    I agree with everything you are saying but it doesnt really answer what Im asking in my op.

I dont even know where to begin. :/

Originally Posted by tk217 View Post
    You think anyone would invade America currently?

Insanity.

You've never seen America actually have a war since WWII. We've not used our full arsenal ever since that war. If we ever did this world would die and everyone in it would die.
    Agreed. No one in their right minds would invade the US. Not only would it turn it very badly for them, there would be global economic ramifications if it did happen and it would be worse than the great depression.

Originally Posted by BeardBrahhh View Post
    I'll give an example from my everyday personal life, the other day me and some friends were casually walking down the street (i live in a mid-sized city), and out of no where this guy jumps out the bushes with an AK47 shouting out us in some kind of foreign tongue and then he started shouting in English for us to shut up, quit talking. I'm like WTF bro, freedom of speech, hello?. Just then a team of army rangers repels out of a blackhawk flying overhead, and they quickly shoot the guy in both hands so he drops the AK47 and then they take the man captive for questioning.

freedom=protected
    Tomcruiselaughing.gif

bubba289 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bubba289 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bubba289 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bubba289 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bubba289 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bubba289 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bubba289 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bubba289 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bubba289 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bubba289 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bubba289 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If u lived here for a month and could see the amount of bullsht "support our troops" propaganda u would understand why the masses think this way. My parents generation is so brainwashed when it comes to this topic it's pathetic. And unfortunately they've helped to carry on the brainwashing in a large percentage of the younger generation.
    THINK FOR YOURSELF, QUESTION AUTHORITY!

Instagram - @bury_me_in_sm0ke

SuperBrah69 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperBrah69 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperBrah69 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperBrah69 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperBrah69 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperBrah69 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperBrah69 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperBrah69 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperBrah69 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperBrah69 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperBrah69 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    OP, I won't answer your OP as I don't know the answer.

But I'll say why I think Australia and the other smaller nations are in there. I see it as giving "protection money" to the U.S so we don't get fuked up by a hostile country in the future. Obiviously no one would dream of invading the US given its current state but for a country like Australia with a tiny population with a giant piece of land to protect, it is impossible to do it by ourselves.

Therefore we need to show support to the world superpower so that they will protect us if and when the time comes. If that means going to sh*tholes in pointless wars then so be it. While our troops are not directly protecting our national security, they are ensuring that no country thinks about fuking with us as our alliance with the US will ensure that they will get fuked up.
    Triathlon brah!

maxnas is not very helpful. (-500) maxnas is not very helpful. (-500) maxnas is not very helpful. (-500) maxnas is not very helpful. (-500) maxnas is not very helpful. (-500) maxnas is not very helpful. (-500) maxnas is not very helpful. (-500) maxnas is not very helpful. (-500) maxnas is not very helpful. (-500) maxnas is not very helpful. (-500) maxnas is not very helpful. (-500)
    "Brown ppl want to kill u cos they're jealous of your freedom"

Is this actual real life grown people logic??? :s

brb it used to be japanese

brb then it was cubans

brb it's currently middle east

brb what area of the world is gone be the next big boogieman?

land of free-dumb

ChetZar is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChetZar is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChetZar is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChetZar is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChetZar is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChetZar is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChetZar is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChetZar is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChetZar is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChetZar is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChetZar is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SuperBrah69 View Post
    OP, I won't answer your OP as I don't know the answer.

But I'll say why I think Australia and the other smaller nations are in there. I see it as giving "protection money" to the U.S so we don't get fuked up by a hostile country in the future. Obiviously no one would dream of invading the US given its current state but for a country like Australia with a tiny population with a giant piece of land to protect, it is impossible to do it by ourselves.

Therefore we need to show support to the world superpower so that they will protect us if and when the time comes. If that means going to sh*tholes in pointless wars then so be it. While our troops are not directly protecting our national security, they are ensuring that no country thinks about fuking with us as our alliance with the US will ensure that they will get fuked up.
    you have the commonwealth

benzzbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) benzzbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) benzzbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) benzzbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) benzzbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) benzzbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) benzzbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) benzzbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) benzzbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) benzzbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) benzzbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by *ShaGGs* View Post
    not a troll or flame bait thread.....then posts this stupid bull**** "Im genuinely curious to know how you think the military is protecting your freedom by invading another country and inciting further hatred towards the US by killing innocent civilians."

Why don't you go **** yourself OP? You won't get a legitimate discussion putting retarded extremist **** like that in your 'question'
    smh, i live in the same state as this knobhead. also age 26....are you really that fuking stupid?

Maiar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maiar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maiar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maiar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maiar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maiar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maiar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maiar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maiar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maiar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maiar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    U in debt?

Redraiders Whiteknight<3 Yero91's Avatar
    Yero91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Yero91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Yero91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Yero91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Yero91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Yero91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Yero91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Yero91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Yero91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Yero91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Yero91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by maxnas View Post
    brb operation northwoods

Operation Northwoods was a series of false-flag proposals that originated in 1962 within the United States government, and which the Kennedy administration rejected. [2] The proposals called for the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), or other operatives, to commit acts of terrorism in U.S. cities and elsewhere. These acts of terrorism were to be blamed on Cuba in order to create public support for a war against that nation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Northwoods

brb gulf of Tonkin incident

Fabricating a ship that didn't even exist and creating a story about the vietnamese blowing it up in order to gain public support and enter the war.
    I always refer to these when someone tries to put the U.S. government above trying to incite support for a war by lying and terrorizing it's own citizens. really irks me when people have such a blind trust for an entity comprised of people we don't know.

OP, it's simple. A military, no matter what country it's defending, is a deterrent of acts of war. It is and has always been like this. Are our motives justifiable in the middle east? I'm not even sure at this point....
    *Trading and investing crew*
    *Snizzle77 crew*
    *sniff hard as fukc when i see Redraider86 post so i can smell her perfume, crew*
    *Redraider86 crew*
    *Heart skips a beat when I see Redraider86 post crew*
    *shrine dedicated to Redraider86 crew*
    *saving myself for Redraider86 crew*

scrace is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scrace is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scrace is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scrace is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scrace is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scrace is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scrace is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scrace is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scrace is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scrace is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scrace is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It doesn't.

The military is sold to the american public as what you've stated, but in reality it's used to destabilize countries and make a lot of money.

Heres reality OP whether you choose to believe it or not.
    “To have faith is to trust yourself to the water. When you swim you don't grab hold of the water, because if you do you will sink and drown. Instead you relax, and float.” ― Alan Watts