TLong21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation How much is too much?

So im wondering at what point can you be taking too many supplements? ATM im taking:

Universal 100% Beef Amino Acids - 3 times a day/with each meal.
    Green Tea Pills - For an appetite suppressor and for all the other benefits. Usually once a day with breakfast.
    Fish Oil - Once a day.
    Glucosamine+MSM - Because my joints suck and for other benefits.
    Korean Panax Ginseng - Because it enhances metabolism.
    Six Star Whey Protein - Post workout, sometimes two times a day.

I feel like this is a pretty good sett-up and it has been working for me, but there is also other stuff i want to throw in there and other stuff i want to try, such as Creatine for example. Is it okay to keep adding stuff to the list or will my body eventually just not benefit from it because there's soo much to process? And btw, i do a body building routine, so alot of high intensity lifting and moderate cardio and i usually stay active on my off days.

I greatly appreciate more scientific answers, or links are great as well, but personal experience works too.

Kinda still lifts Valhallabound86's Avatar
    Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    There are much worse offenders.

I would suggest taking a look at your fish oil though, usually folks aim for 2-3g/day of EPA/DHA, and I'm not sure I've seen a fish oil that would accomplish that via one pill.

For me, I'm pretty barebones with supplement use. Some fish oil, preworkout, BCAAs and protein. Sometimes fat burners/caffeine, sometimes other supps, but keep your staples minimal. You could probably cut out the amino acids if you're bulking/eating a lot. Green tea and ginseng aren't hurting anything, but wouldn't consider them staples.

thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you have to ask, you can't afford it
    Official Supp. Misc Beer Policeman

Fancy a hook to your gabber m8?

Molecular Nutrition Rep SwolenONE's Avatar
    SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    that isnt exactly an ideal stack but yes it is fine and you can add creatine into there cheaply, safely and effectively.

commando2k5 is not very well liked. (-100) commando2k5 is not very well liked. (-100) commando2k5 is not very well liked. (-100) commando2k5 is not very well liked. (-100) commando2k5 is not very well liked. (-100) commando2k5 is not very well liked. (-100) commando2k5 is not very well liked. (-100) commando2k5 is not very well liked. (-100) commando2k5 is not very well liked. (-100) commando2k5 is not very well liked. (-100) commando2k5 is not very well liked. (-100)
    TLong 21 no doubt that your clearly taking a ton of supplements the question is which ones do you think are working for you? The best way to figure that is is simply by stop taking them all in their entirety (just for a little though). In this "off time" make sure your diet is perfect. I'm talking about a steady 6 meals a day, and hitting your target protein, carbs, and fat levels. Once you feel your diet is the best it can be, THEENNNN start adding one supplement at a time. If you notice results with that specific supplement stick with it, if you don't then drop it. The thing about supplements is that they are just that supplements. Too many times do people just take supplements because they think its good for them. Truth is your not gonna notice any differences in your health or body composition with some supplements. You'll be saving yourself time and a boat load of money cause lord knows how expensive them are.
    For more useful information regarding protein supplements please check out my site:
    http://wheyproteinreview.info/

thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thefleshlight has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by commando2k5 View Post
    TLong 21 no doubt that your clearly taking a ton of supplements the question is which ones do you think are working for you? The best way to figure that is is simply by stop taking them all in their entirety (just for a little though). In this "off time" make sure your diet is perfect. I'm talking about a steady 6 meals a day, and hitting your target protein, carbs, and fat levels. Once you feel your diet is the best it can be, THEENNNN start adding one supplement at a time. If you notice results with that specific supplement stick with it, if you don't then drop it. The thing about supplements is that they are just that supplements. Too many times do people just take supplements because they think its good for them. Truth is your not gonna notice any differences in your health or body composition with some supplements. You'll be saving yourself time and a boat load of money cause lord knows how expensive them are.
    IDK what you just said, but I have these for you

fitnfirm has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) fitnfirm has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) fitnfirm has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) fitnfirm has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) fitnfirm has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) fitnfirm has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) fitnfirm has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) fitnfirm has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) fitnfirm has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) fitnfirm has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) fitnfirm has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I think you have overlooked an important component to your regimen, shrimp roll suppositories they are all the rage !

Originally Posted by fitnfirm View Post
    I think you have overlooked an important component to your regimen, shrimp roll suppositories they are all the rage !
    But in all seriousness, those Uni Beef Aminos are just gelatin, aka boiled beef bones and not worth a penny, let alone their cost.

ThatGalZoey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGalZoey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGalZoey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGalZoey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGalZoey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGalZoey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGalZoey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGalZoey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGalZoey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGalZoey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGalZoey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I also exercise regularly and go to the gym but i am not really that high on these supplements but i do take them. Universal 100% beef amino acids and fish oil is something that we have in common. I sleep right and eat right as well. But when it comes to my health i never risk it. I am actually very open-minded when it comes to these supplements. Sometimes i also try those natural types. Personally i would not suggest anything as an add on to your regular supplements not until you have consulted a physician about it.
    -=*That Gal Zoey*=-

TLong21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sweet, thanks everyone for your input. Surprisingly though these supplements have been great and are helping alot and i think i will start putting creatine in there as well. Im still a little iffy but i thin it will give me the results im looking for.
    And to the couple of you that think these are fad supplements, try doing your research, they're actually really beneficial and have helped me cut 12lbs in the past 3 weeks, because my diet and workout routine definitely hasn't changed ill give them the credit.
    Last edited by TLong21; 08-20-2012 at 08:30 AM.