Page 21 of 72 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 ... LastLast
    Tfrat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Dumb A$% has questions

I'm an old powerlifter by "trade" my stats aren't what they used to be (my joints have hurt for years) I have started using the Gaspari liquigels due to Hal-50 being pulled...I'm trying to lean up...I've never attempted it. I'm a husband, father of 4 and work 50 to 60hrs a week. I'd like expert advice on transfering from powerlifting to bodybuilding...I continue to squat, deadlift (I don't see many kids do deads anymore, great overall power movement) and bench. I also purchased a supp called permadrol (legal supp, with questionable name) I'm new and do not mean to come off strong, I'm just ignorant to what supps to buy...I take 100mg of DHEA, fish oil, multi vit. the liquigels and will start the permadrol..Any thoughts or advice on if I'm wasting money, time..would be helpful.

Thank you

TF

Registered User raymondhoudayer's Avatar
    raymondhoudayer will become famous soon enough. (+50) raymondhoudayer will become famous soon enough. (+50) raymondhoudayer will become famous soon enough. (+50) raymondhoudayer will become famous soon enough. (+50) raymondhoudayer will become famous soon enough. (+50) raymondhoudayer will become famous soon enough. (+50) raymondhoudayer will become famous soon enough. (+50) raymondhoudayer will become famous soon enough. (+50) raymondhoudayer will become famous soon enough. (+50) raymondhoudayer will become famous soon enough. (+50) raymondhoudayer will become famous soon enough. (+50)

I'm new here

Hey there all.

I'm a newbie to working out and living a healthier lifestyle. I'm a 40 year old Canadian guy who has sat around enough and finally decided to get to the gym and add a few more years to my life. I look forward to talking to some of hyou in the future.

Ray

Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000)

Smile One

I'm 38. I'll be 39 in November. I'm probably in the best shape of my life right now. My last body fat reading was 13.6% at the beginning of October at 157 (but I think the scale was off a bit). I think it's realistic to strive for 12% by January.
    So... Hi!

jason8728 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jason8728 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jason8728 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jason8728 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jason8728 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jason8728 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jason8728 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jason8728 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jason8728 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jason8728 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jason8728 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Since I'm 35, I thought I'd pop in and say "hi" to the rest of the old people on this site.

Though I just started working out, I'm not exactly starting from scratch. Luckily years of running and being blessed with a super high metabolism have kept the fat off me.

My goal is to put on some pounds and bulk up my chest and arms as well as get some defined abs. I'll be going on vacation in mid-January and am hoping I'll have enough gains by then that my girlfriend will take notice. I'll then return to Iraq and go home for good in June, at which time I should definately have noticable gains.

aquasalt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aquasalt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aquasalt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aquasalt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aquasalt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aquasalt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aquasalt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aquasalt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aquasalt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aquasalt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aquasalt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile my intro..

hey folks, I'm 37 been athletic pretty much my whole life and would call say in terms of training I'm at the intermediate level.

The last 6 months or so I've seriously fallen off the training track due to several life events; a new job, a new girlfriend and some family drama. Now, with the family drama considerably chilled, the job a piece of cake and the girlfriend gone, I'm really ready to get back into the gym. This time though, I want to focus intently and attack my goals in a way I've never done before.

I play competitive softball about 6-8 months a year; I also ride a bike, but I'm 5-10 and 215lbs at the moment and I'm not happy with it. I still look ok in a t-shirt, but I definitely notice that my body has gotten softer overall and it's annoying.

I've lurked on this site for a couple of years and I've finally decided to jump in and make some real changes. Hopefully I can find some good help here!

Oh yeah, and I have questions about: 1)losing weight vs. keeping/building muscle, and 2)supplements. where would be the best place for a newbie to ask about these?

Balanced4f4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Balanced4f4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Balanced4f4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Balanced4f4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Balanced4f4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Balanced4f4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Balanced4f4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Balanced4f4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Balanced4f4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Balanced4f4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Balanced4f4 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Talking I am new to site age 42

I am new to site, but not new to losing weight (80lbs), exercising, weight lifting, however, have some deteriated discs in lower back and want to tone my lower body...I do squats, leg lifts with weights, lunges...I so badly want to tone up. I am cert. nutritionist and own my own biz and eat 6 times day so I know what I am eating is right and I am soo discipline. I run on treadmill, do some low impact aerobics, pilates but nothing that will shake that flab from lower half. I have been on anavar since July when photo taken...nothing noticeable to date......any suggestions and where I should read up more.....thanx

blalone will become famous soon enough. (+50) blalone will become famous soon enough. (+50) blalone will become famous soon enough. (+50) blalone will become famous soon enough. (+50) blalone will become famous soon enough. (+50) blalone will become famous soon enough. (+50) blalone will become famous soon enough. (+50) blalone will become famous soon enough. (+50) blalone will become famous soon enough. (+50) blalone will become famous soon enough. (+50) blalone will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Smile My very first Post

So far this site has been very interesting and informative. I have glanced around and seen some very good advise and also some ridiculous suggestions. Of course you see the same thing when you read health magazines that are supposedly written by people that ought to know better. It is great to see a sight, and especially this thread with some very enthusiastic people who all seem to enjoy this activity.

I am 43. I have worked out for the past 25 years. I have tried practically every routine and program you can think of. I've had to work around and through several injuries and even a recent motorcycle accident. I am lucky enough to have had a fully functional gym in my basment for the last several years. This is fantastic with two huge drawbacks. No friends to workout with, and no spotters. So you just be careful, and turn the stereo up louder.

I have always been one to do things by myself, but this sight seems to be a great place to share stories and ideas with some like minded people. I hope to continue reading and posting in the future.

Thanks

heystella will become famous soon enough. (+50) heystella will become famous soon enough. (+50) heystella will become famous soon enough. (+50) heystella will become famous soon enough. (+50) heystella will become famous soon enough. (+50) heystella will become famous soon enough. (+50) heystella will become famous soon enough. (+50) heystella will become famous soon enough. (+50) heystella will become famous soon enough. (+50) heystella will become famous soon enough. (+50) heystella will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Unhappy newbie

Hi, im new to all this but i thought this might be the best place for me. Let me present my situation, my job requires me to do alot of heavy lifting ( im an aco officer) and ive noticed since ive been doing this, 3 years now, that my upper arms have really started to look big, its most embarrassing! My breasts are large and my upper arms are as well so i look like a football player!
    I want to keep my arms strong but small and more defined, im 5ft4, and 168 pounds. I have a tight tummy, its not big at all, but my upper arms and thighs need much improving. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated! I want to look like a strong female, not a quarterback!! Help!!

dlmosby will become famous soon enough. (+50) dlmosby will become famous soon enough. (+50) dlmosby will become famous soon enough. (+50) dlmosby will become famous soon enough. (+50) dlmosby will become famous soon enough. (+50) dlmosby will become famous soon enough. (+50) dlmosby will become famous soon enough. (+50) dlmosby will become famous soon enough. (+50) dlmosby will become famous soon enough. (+50) dlmosby will become famous soon enough. (+50) dlmosby will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Another Newbie

Hi All,

I am new to this forum but not to working out. I am trying to make a FITNESS COMEBACK. I hope to utilize the resources on this site to reach my goals. A few years ago I got myself back into shape lost 100lbs and ran a marathon. I have allowed myself to put the weight back on and I am not happy about it one bit. So on 10-1-07 i decided to start working out again by walking. I have lost 10lbs to date. I just joined a gym and hope to melt the lbs away over the next 1-2 years.

eod_4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) eod_4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) eod_4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) eod_4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) eod_4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) eod_4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) eod_4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) eod_4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) eod_4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) eod_4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) eod_4life will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Trying hard

I am currently in Iraq and have discovered the high of the gym, my goal is to go from 170lb to about 200lb, I am working out hard, eating when I can. But the results I am seeing is not exactly what I was looking for. I am getting stronger, however I am not getting bigger. I was wandering if anyone can tell me of some good supplements that have worked, I am looking to increase size but keep the fat off. My work out consist of the following:
    CHEST, 4 TO 5 DIFFERENT EXERCISES - REPS 10,8,6,4
    BI AND TRI, 4 TO 5 EXERCISES - REPS 10,8,6,4
    BACK, 4 TO 5 EXERCISES - REPS 10,8,6,4
    LEGS, 4 TO 5 EXERCISES - REPS 10,8,6,4
    SHOULDERS, 4 TO 5 EXERCISES - REPS 10,8,6,4
    I have trouble with missing meals because of work load, I am drinking protien shakes, however I feel like I am waisting my money by not eating like I should. Anyone have any good ideas on mass building shakes that I can drink inorder to supplement a meal with? Or any ideas about the work out to increase mass. I do not really have the genes to be naturally big, however my goal is to be huge eventually, I need some guidance!!!!!! I would greatly appreciate any help you may be able to offer. Thanks!!!!

1stindoor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1stindoor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1stindoor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1stindoor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1stindoor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1stindoor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1stindoor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1stindoor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1stindoor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1stindoor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1stindoor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hello EOD,
    Having spent a good amount of time in Afghanistan I can relate to your problems, especially with the meals. I drank tons of MRPs as well as protein shakes, both whey and casein, beyond that, just try and get the rest needed to grow. You'll hit your mark, it just may take some time. From a fellow soldier, stay as safe as possible and remember to double prime.

R8TDSXY will become famous soon enough. (+50) R8TDSXY will become famous soon enough. (+50) R8TDSXY will become famous soon enough. (+50) R8TDSXY will become famous soon enough. (+50) R8TDSXY will become famous soon enough. (+50) R8TDSXY will become famous soon enough. (+50) R8TDSXY will become famous soon enough. (+50) R8TDSXY will become famous soon enough. (+50) R8TDSXY will become famous soon enough. (+50) R8TDSXY will become famous soon enough. (+50) R8TDSXY will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Good Forum

Nice reading all of the info from all of you. Forum Pretty new to me too. try'n to get back into the groove of things as far as my workout and stuff. I don't think I've done that bad, but will do a whole hella'va lot better than what I've been doing. keep it up with the good info. Thanks to all:-)
    .......Leadership demands constant achievement
    .......You are what you think about
    .......Don't settle for less than what you want

GRWN&SXXXY

eod_4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) eod_4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) eod_4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) eod_4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) eod_4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) eod_4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) eod_4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) eod_4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) eod_4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) eod_4life will become famous soon enough. (+50) eod_4life will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    1stindoor, hey I appreciate the advice. I have been hitting it very hard every chance I get, but you know how hard it is to get on a steady routine when deployed. Right now it is 2:36AM and I am just getting out of the gym, tomorrow I will probably be in the gym around 11:00am or so. Keeping on a schedule is almost impossible here. But I know when I have missed a day or two, I feel absolutely terrible on those days. Take care and thanks alot.

precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Im well over 35 LOL well 39, 40 in august. Great site.

Lucie

iron66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    41 here almost 2!! Lotsa stuff goin on round here!!
    "Crush the enemy. To see them driven before you. And hear the lamentations of their women" Conan

drock425 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am 47 and trying to get back in shape unable to get started. Any comments!

mafuentesjr will become famous soon enough. (+50) mafuentesjr will become famous soon enough. (+50) mafuentesjr will become famous soon enough. (+50) mafuentesjr will become famous soon enough. (+50) mafuentesjr will become famous soon enough. (+50) mafuentesjr will become famous soon enough. (+50) mafuentesjr will become famous soon enough. (+50) mafuentesjr will become famous soon enough. (+50) mafuentesjr will become famous soon enough. (+50) mafuentesjr will become famous soon enough. (+50) mafuentesjr will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up Some Advice...

First of all, Thank you for this Over 35 area, I hope that I will be allowed to share what limited knowledge that I have. Also, feel free to visit my site and make comments there as well. I am always interested in other people's ideas and thoughts in this field of endeavor.
    So here goes .....

Heya, EOD,
    As a former 11B stationed in Iraq and various other "nice spots"
    , I understand the problems that you are going through. If you wouldn't mind, I would like to share some knowledge with you....
    First of all, I think that you maybe doing too much of a workout. What I mean is, I believe that you are doing too much volume, too many exercises per body part.
    If you are looking to get bigger, try 2 exercises per body part at a 3 sets x 10 reps scheme. I have used that for years to get bigger. It also allows me to change my workouts every so often (2-4 months) and still not do the same exercises in the next change.
    If you do too much, your body will not recover in between workouts. Remember that you are still doing Army/Military PT as well, and your body has to recover from that as well. So, you will be at an "energy disadvantage" at every subsequent workout after the first.
    Get enough rest to let your muscles and nervous system recover. Space your workouts at least a day apart, maybe even 2 days apart.
    The supplement situation.....try to not use any supplements right off the bat. That way you can see what improvements you can do within your diet. Like not going for the "Express" lane at the DIFAC. You know what I mean, no more cheese burgers and fries because you want to get outta there fast.
    After you have done that for about a month ( I suggest 2, that way you can read up on the different types of protein, etc. ), go with some protein powder that you can afford ( I suggest Optimum Nutrition's !00% Whey in Vanilla Flavor - you can mix it with just about anything, and in the 1 litre water bottles I'm betting the military is still handing out to you guys over there. ), or a Branch Chained Amino Acid supplement.
    You don't have to get too specific because you are just starting out and you need to see just how the workout and your body will change, before you start relying on supplements.
    Good Luck in your "voyage" to getting bigger. Remember, it will take some time to do it right.

Have a Great Day !!!
    Respectfully,
    Manny

Originally Posted by eod_4life View Post
    I am currently in Iraq and have discovered the high of the gym, my goal is to go from 170lb to about 200lb, I am working out hard, eating when I can. But the results I am seeing is not exactly what I was looking for. I am getting stronger, however I am not getting bigger. I was wandering if anyone can tell me of some good supplements that have worked, I am looking to increase size but keep the fat off. My work out consist of the following:
    CHEST, 4 TO 5 DIFFERENT EXERCISES - REPS 10,8,6,4
    BI AND TRI, 4 TO 5 EXERCISES - REPS 10,8,6,4
    BACK, 4 TO 5 EXERCISES - REPS 10,8,6,4
    LEGS, 4 TO 5 EXERCISES - REPS 10,8,6,4
    SHOULDERS, 4 TO 5 EXERCISES - REPS 10,8,6,4
    I have trouble with missing meals because of work load, I am drinking protien shakes, however I feel like I am waisting my money by not eating like I should. Anyone have any good ideas on mass building shakes that I can drink inorder to supplement a meal with? Or any ideas about the work out to increase mass. I do not really have the genes to be naturally big, however my goal is to be huge eventually, I need some guidance!!!!!! I would greatly appreciate any help you may be able to offer. Thanks!!!!
    Last edited by mafuentesjr; 11-05-2007 at 06:48 AM.
    "Any day that you don't learn something new, is a WASTED day. " - Maria Elena Samano ( My Mom...RIP )

" Let's not waste another day." - Me

mafuentesjr will become famous soon enough. (+50) mafuentesjr will become famous soon enough. (+50) mafuentesjr will become famous soon enough. (+50) mafuentesjr will become famous soon enough. (+50) mafuentesjr will become famous soon enough. (+50) mafuentesjr will become famous soon enough. (+50) mafuentesjr will become famous soon enough. (+50) mafuentesjr will become famous soon enough. (+50) mafuentesjr will become famous soon enough. (+50) mafuentesjr will become famous soon enough. (+50) mafuentesjr will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Question How do I subscribe to this Threat ???

I know that this is a dumb question ( but the only dumb question is the unasked question ), but how do I subscribe to this thread?

Respectfully,
    Manny
    "Any day that you don't learn something new, is a WASTED day. " - Maria Elena Samano ( My Mom...RIP )

" Let's not waste another day." - Me

joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Manny, at the top of all the posts on this page click on "thread tools", there'a a subscribe option - click on it.

doofusdave has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) doofusdave has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) doofusdave has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) doofusdave has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) doofusdave has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) doofusdave has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) doofusdave has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) doofusdave has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) doofusdave has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) doofusdave has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) doofusdave has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Awesome! It's great to see so many 35+ peoples on here.

Name's Dave, I'm 37 and well on my way to being in the best shape of my life.

Thanks to the BB.com staff for such a great site!

eddie.mac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) eddie.mac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) eddie.mac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) eddie.mac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) eddie.mac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) eddie.mac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) eddie.mac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) eddie.mac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) eddie.mac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) eddie.mac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) eddie.mac is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Smile New Also!

I am new to this site. Just set up my profile today. I have been looking for a while a way to track my workouts. I am 39 and in the best shape of my life.

exguitarplayer will become famous soon enough. (+50) exguitarplayer will become famous soon enough. (+50) exguitarplayer will become famous soon enough. (+50) exguitarplayer will become famous soon enough. (+50) exguitarplayer will become famous soon enough. (+50) exguitarplayer will become famous soon enough. (+50) exguitarplayer will become famous soon enough. (+50) exguitarplayer will become famous soon enough. (+50) exguitarplayer will become famous soon enough. (+50) exguitarplayer will become famous soon enough. (+50) exguitarplayer will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    New to this forum. I hope to learn a great deal of information from this site.
    I am 57, retired and new to body building. July 07.
    I weighed 287lbs on March 19th, 07 and now weight 215lbs.
    BMI 30%
    Water 50%
    I am still to fat.
    Chest 48
    Arms 17
    Forearms 13
    Shoulders 54
    Waist 38
    Hips 44
    Legs 21
    Calves 16
    Neck 18
    Workout 5 on 2 off with cardio everyday....Getting ready to try HIIT on Monday 11-12-07
    BSN Stack: NO-X, Nitrix, Axis-HT, Cellmass, Synthax6, 1st 6 Hour Colostrum Bovine Powder, Flax Oil, Omega 3/6 and Sport Vits
    White Flood, Green MAGnitude, Purple Wraath, Orange Triad, Cellmass, Syntha-6, 1st 6 Hour Bovine Colostrum Powder, Flax Oil, Flax Seed & NOW Omega 3/6/9

http://battleintheburgh.tripod.com

It's OK to live everyday as if it were your last, But LEARN everday as if you were going to Live forever

soldrboy28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) soldrboy28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) soldrboy28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) soldrboy28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) soldrboy28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) soldrboy28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) soldrboy28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) soldrboy28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) soldrboy28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) soldrboy28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) soldrboy28 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

37 Y/O SFC US Army checking in

Well after reading the sticky, I feel welcomed already. Been working my butt off for the last seven months after I kind of dropping off after getting blown up from an IED in Iraq, (no major injuries) then I saw a pic of myself and couldnt stand it. Hope to leave here with some great advice and tips and hope to contribute as well.

kthardin will become famous soon enough. (+50) kthardin will become famous soon enough. (+50) kthardin will become famous soon enough. (+50) kthardin will become famous soon enough. (+50) kthardin will become famous soon enough. (+50) kthardin will become famous soon enough. (+50) kthardin will become famous soon enough. (+50) kthardin will become famous soon enough. (+50) kthardin will become famous soon enough. (+50) kthardin will become famous soon enough. (+50) kthardin will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up Gotta agree...

SO yeah... that is so true. Every point you bring out. Welcome to the reality factor! "beauty" on that level only exists in magazines or in some homes where you can edit your own photos! I have yet to perfect myself either, so I guess I have a ways to go!

Very informative though... perfect respones in my book!!!

Kaj

We make PROGRESS happen! Bronzebird's Avatar
    Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up New and Turn 47 in 17 days

Ok I'll buy it, I call myself a 47 years of age. But I tell'ya I feel 32! Just completed Martial Arts testing for Blue Belt and I'm on that silver lining of an emotional payoff. I have been training 2 years to date. I have 3 years to make my goal of Black Belt, in TKD by age 50.(Black Birthday Party-Wink)
    I'm open to making New MMA contacts on the friends connections! However I did search profiles for MA and found a couple friends in a couple a days. Stay healthy and Stretch Smart!
    -Later
    Send a friend to invite on ********--> Marty Tolmich/Personal Trainer

My video are at https://www.********.com/pages/Action-Fitness-LLC/219746674743053

Heavy_Larry will become famous soon enough. (+50) Heavy_Larry will become famous soon enough. (+50) Heavy_Larry will become famous soon enough. (+50) Heavy_Larry will become famous soon enough. (+50) Heavy_Larry will become famous soon enough. (+50) Heavy_Larry will become famous soon enough. (+50) Heavy_Larry will become famous soon enough. (+50) Heavy_Larry will become famous soon enough. (+50) Heavy_Larry will become famous soon enough. (+50) Heavy_Larry will become famous soon enough. (+50) Heavy_Larry will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by wanna_be_BB View Post
    A bit of a knock-out punch, but OK, I have to deal with that...

I'm 36 yo and started lifting as a kid until family told me bb'ing was too freaky and not natural. College and family prevented me from taking it back up and now I have the time and resources to do so..and to basically be told that if I'm over 35 that it ain't gunna happen?

I lifted intensly over the last 2 years and saw no progress. I have been told now that my mistake was doing the same thing over and over - basically plateauing because my body was use to the routine. I now have a trainer helping me with my progress. In December 2005, I was 218 with 20% bodyfat (3 skin fold test). Now, I'm 209 with 19% bodyfat (3 skin fold test). Doing the math, I lost 6 pounds muscle and was actually leaner at 218 with 20% bf. This is with heavy split routines (legs, back/bis, chest/tris, 2x week). My chest and abs are not responding..but quads, calves, delts, and back are responding very well. Is this just more of a sign that when over 35, we have to be satisfied with status quo?

My goal is to compete by the time I'm 40. My wife and trainer tell me it will happen..but I'm suspecting it's all just talk.

Any advice on getting my routine in high-gear?
    Listen to your trainer. You can do it and he/she will show you how. Just make sure you're truly giving it all you've got in the gym (100%) and that you eat right and get enough rest outside the gym.

Get in the gym as scheduled, no excuses can keep you out. Want it, do it, live it, BE IT.

ELS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ELS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ELS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ELS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ELS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ELS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ELS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ELS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ELS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ELS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ELS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just wanted to say hello and welocome to all the new people who have join this wonderful and informational forum.

Skippy71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skippy71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skippy71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skippy71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skippy71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skippy71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skippy71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skippy71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skippy71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skippy71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skippy71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Greetings everyone. I've found this site and these forums invaluable in helping me to stay motivated. Hope you all get just as much out of it.

Cheers

That frikken Canadian djl_ottawa's Avatar
    djl_ottawa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) djl_ottawa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) djl_ottawa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) djl_ottawa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) djl_ottawa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) djl_ottawa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) djl_ottawa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) djl_ottawa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) djl_ottawa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) djl_ottawa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) djl_ottawa has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Age is only what it says on your ID

Well, I am 39 years old. I used to be in really good shape and used to do weights and the gym quite often.

Then I got married. Twice. Well, finally decided to do something about it. I have been going to the gym for about a year now, but only last month decided to start going 5 days a week.

I used to have large arms because I was fat, but now my arms are big because of muscle mass.

I went from 235lbs to a current 216lbs. I have no idea what my body fat % is but I also went from a waist size 40 to being able to snug myself into a size 36, but size 38 is loose.

My workout involved 5 days in total. So I do 2 days on, 1 day off, 3 days on and 1 day off.

I will see if I can find some before (fat) pictures and get a current picture).

BIG GUNNS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIG GUNNS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIG GUNNS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIG GUNNS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIG GUNNS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIG GUNNS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIG GUNNS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIG GUNNS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIG GUNNS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIG GUNNS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIG GUNNS is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Just turned 50 and my wife found this BB site to keep me somewhat connected to the sport and gym life since I recently quit Golds gym after 17 years a member to start training at home. Great forum so far and Ive enjoyed reading some interesting posts and and getting a good laugh at others.