Hamachi12 is not very well liked. (-100) Hamachi12 is not very well liked. (-100) Hamachi12 is not very well liked. (-100) Hamachi12 is not very well liked. (-100) Hamachi12 is not very well liked. (-100) Hamachi12 is not very well liked. (-100) Hamachi12 is not very well liked. (-100) Hamachi12 is not very well liked. (-100) Hamachi12 is not very well liked. (-100) Hamachi12 is not very well liked. (-100) Hamachi12 is not very well liked. (-100)

When does someone lose their beginner advantage?

So I heard that when you first start off, you see gains pretty fast. I do not know if i still have the beginner advantage or not. Because before this summer started, I dabbled in weightlifting, like id be motivated to lift a dumbbell for a bicep curl every other day for a week, then id stop. So i would just keep doing that. Like the only thing i can say ive stuck to, was the p90x chest and back workout, but i would only go half way into the workout then quit. i would do that 1x a week, for about 4 weeks, then id stop for like, 5 months, then id do it again, but i only did that 2x, so i did that cycle twice. Last summer i was a bit more serious, and did the arms p90x workout and the chest and back p90x workout, but it only lasted for about three weeks then i quit. so i would just keep starting then stopping for the most of 4 weeks. So has my beginner advantage stopped? Or does it continue because i stopped and started so much and left months in between of doing nothing?

What are side effects? ThanksIKnow's Avatar
    ThanksIKnow is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThanksIKnow is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThanksIKnow is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThanksIKnow is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThanksIKnow is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThanksIKnow is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThanksIKnow is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThanksIKnow is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThanksIKnow is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThanksIKnow is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThanksIKnow is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Hamachi12 View Post
    So I heard that when you first start off, you see gains pretty fast. I do not know if i still have the beginner advantage or not. Because before this summer started, I dabbled in weightlifting, like id be motivated to lift a dumbbell for a bicep curl every other day for a week, then id stop. So i would just keep doing that. Like the only thing i can say ive stuck to, was the p90x chest and back workout, but i would only go half way into the workout then quit. i would do that 1x a week, for about 4 weeks, then id stop for like, 5 months, then id do it again, but i only did that 2x, so i did that cycle twice. Last summer i was a bit more serious, and did the arms p90x workout and the chest and back p90x workout, but it only lasted for about three weeks then i quit. so i would just keep starting then stopping for the most of 4 weeks. So has my beginner advantage stopped? Or does it continue because i stopped and started so much and left months in between of doing nothing?
    There is no "time limit" to see the newb gains. Your body gets stimuli, reacts, slowly adapts and levels out, more intense stimuli, more reaction... etc....
    Overload.
    Progressive Overload.
    So if i pick this weight up, then put it down. I will obtain the swole?

doyoueveneat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) doyoueveneat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) doyoueveneat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) doyoueveneat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) doyoueveneat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) doyoueveneat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) doyoueveneat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) doyoueveneat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) doyoueveneat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) doyoueveneat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) doyoueveneat is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    how long you will have noob gains is dependant on how long you have been doing things right - consistency with training, eating right, proper rest, etc - and genetic factors.

Cuongpham is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cuongpham is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cuongpham is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cuongpham is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cuongpham is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cuongpham is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cuongpham is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cuongpham is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cuongpham is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cuongpham is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cuongpham is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    instead of making stupid thread every 30 mins you should hit the gym to take advantage of your newb gain SRSLY
    Life too short to be a bitch.

Silently ... But surely . Gilgamesh13's Avatar
    Gilgamesh13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gilgamesh13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gilgamesh13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gilgamesh13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gilgamesh13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gilgamesh13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gilgamesh13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gilgamesh13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gilgamesh13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gilgamesh13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gilgamesh13 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    From what I've read OP, you've never even lifted... You shouldn't worry about "noob gains" before you actually start lifting.
    "By striving to do the impossible, man has always achieved what is possible. Those who have cautiously done no more than they believed possible have never taken a single step forward." Mikhail Bakunin ~

The king of the jungle is the lion not the elephant, the king of the seas is the shark not the whale... You may want to be the biggest, but my goal is to be king.

No action --> decay.

Don't let your ego write checks that your body can't cash.

Lapis Philosophorum.

Hamachi12 is not very well liked. (-100) Hamachi12 is not very well liked. (-100) Hamachi12 is not very well liked. (-100) Hamachi12 is not very well liked. (-100) Hamachi12 is not very well liked. (-100) Hamachi12 is not very well liked. (-100) Hamachi12 is not very well liked. (-100) Hamachi12 is not very well liked. (-100) Hamachi12 is not very well liked. (-100) Hamachi12 is not very well liked. (-100) Hamachi12 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Gilgamesh13 View Post
    From what I've read OP, you've never even lifted... You shouldn't worry about "noob gains" before you actually start lifting.
    i got done working out an hour ago

JSDBuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Hamachi12 View Post
    Its reffered to as "diminishing returns" basically means the more time you work a muscle the less gains that you are going to recieve over time.