Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Registered User randomforumname's Avatar
    randomforumname will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomforumname will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomforumname will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomforumname will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomforumname will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomforumname will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomforumname will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomforumname will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomforumname will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomforumname will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomforumname will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ShreddedRocks View Post
    So that's why the sand is colored differently in some areas? And theres irregular angles in the sand?

If you take multiple pictures layered together of one area the sand in that area is going to be the same in all the pictures.
    No.. it wouldn't...

::cries at the idiocy::

LaMalaVida will become famous soon enough. (+50) LaMalaVida will become famous soon enough. (+50) LaMalaVida will become famous soon enough. (+50) LaMalaVida will become famous soon enough. (+50) LaMalaVida will become famous soon enough. (+50) LaMalaVida will become famous soon enough. (+50) LaMalaVida will become famous soon enough. (+50) LaMalaVida will become famous soon enough. (+50) LaMalaVida will become famous soon enough. (+50) LaMalaVida will become famous soon enough. (+50) LaMalaVida will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    there are farms on mars? they are terraforming the plamnet?

HungLAH is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HungLAH is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HungLAH is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HungLAH is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HungLAH is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HungLAH is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HungLAH is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HungLAH is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HungLAH is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HungLAH is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HungLAH is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    ITT: Some people don't understand what a panorama is.

ShreddedRocks is not very well liked. (-100) ShreddedRocks is not very well liked. (-100) ShreddedRocks is not very well liked. (-100) ShreddedRocks is not very well liked. (-100) ShreddedRocks is not very well liked. (-100) ShreddedRocks is not very well liked. (-100) ShreddedRocks is not very well liked. (-100) ShreddedRocks is not very well liked. (-100) ShreddedRocks is not very well liked. (-100) ShreddedRocks is not very well liked. (-100) ShreddedRocks is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by randomforumname View Post
    No.. it wouldn't...

::cries at the idiocy::
    You're a moron. If i took multiple pictures of my lawn and layered them together so as to create a panorama, that one area of grass will look the same color as the others and there won't be irregular angles.
    **vomits when cashier asks if i want cash back crew**
    **tried going gay because i couldn't get girls Crew**
    **couldn't get guys either crew**
    **cat is the only one that accepts me crew**
    **obsess over girls at first contact crew**
    **young children cry at the sight of me crew**
    **goes grocery shopping at 3am to limit human interaction crew**
    **Negged Team Pun, he negged back crew**

B; 195x5x5
    S; 285x5x5
    D 395x5

1stChanceToLose is a name known to all. (+5000) 1stChanceToLose is a name known to all. (+5000) 1stChanceToLose is a name known to all. (+5000) 1stChanceToLose is a name known to all. (+5000) 1stChanceToLose is a name known to all. (+5000) 1stChanceToLose is a name known to all. (+5000) 1stChanceToLose is a name known to all. (+5000) 1stChanceToLose is a name known to all. (+5000) 1stChanceToLose is a name known to all. (+5000) 1stChanceToLose is a name known to all. (+5000) 1stChanceToLose is a name known to all. (+5000)
    srs question if they spent 2.5 billion on this why couldnt they get a better camera?

edit: ok nvm, for some reason it didnt load properly. upon 2nd viewing it looks good

ReviveTheWorld is a name known to all. (+5000) ReviveTheWorld is a name known to all. (+5000) ReviveTheWorld is a name known to all. (+5000) ReviveTheWorld is a name known to all. (+5000) ReviveTheWorld is a name known to all. (+5000) ReviveTheWorld is a name known to all. (+5000) ReviveTheWorld is a name known to all. (+5000) ReviveTheWorld is a name known to all. (+5000) ReviveTheWorld is a name known to all. (+5000) ReviveTheWorld is a name known to all. (+5000) ReviveTheWorld is a name known to all. (+5000)
    inb4 staged
    My posts are not srs

Drenica is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drenica is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drenica is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drenica is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drenica is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drenica is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drenica is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drenica is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drenica is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drenica is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drenica is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    So that's why the sand is colored differently in some areas? And theres irregular angles in the sand?

If you take multiple pictures layered together of one area the sand in that area is going to be the same in all the pictures.
    Thats because the sand IS different in colors... i don't see how this is impossible?

ShreddedRocks is not very well liked. (-100) ShreddedRocks is not very well liked. (-100) ShreddedRocks is not very well liked. (-100) ShreddedRocks is not very well liked. (-100) ShreddedRocks is not very well liked. (-100) ShreddedRocks is not very well liked. (-100) ShreddedRocks is not very well liked. (-100) ShreddedRocks is not very well liked. (-100) ShreddedRocks is not very well liked. (-100) ShreddedRocks is not very well liked. (-100) ShreddedRocks is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Drenica View Post
    Thats because the sand IS different in colors... i don't see how this is impossible?
    i'm not saying it's impossible i just said it looks weird dang dude
    **vomits when cashier asks if i want cash back crew**
    **tried going gay because i couldn't get girls Crew**
    **couldn't get guys either crew**
    **cat is the only one that accepts me crew**
    **obsess over girls at first contact crew**
    **young children cry at the sight of me crew**
    **goes grocery shopping at 3am to limit human interaction crew**
    **Negged Team Pun, he negged back crew**

B; 195x5x5
    S; 285x5x5
    D 395x5

Registered User randomforumname's Avatar
    randomforumname will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomforumname will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomforumname will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomforumname will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomforumname will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomforumname will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomforumname will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomforumname will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomforumname will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomforumname will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomforumname will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You're a moron. If i took multiple pictures of my lawn and layered them together so as to create a panorama, that one area of grass will look the same color as the others and there won't be irregular angles.
    Don't know why i'm bothering to waste my time on a red...

but.

A panorama is a distortion of a collage of pictures to create the illusion of 3 dimensions. If you layered images like you said it wouldn't be a panorama because it wouldn't have 360 degree FOV. Also... the pictures were taken at different times because the memory on the rover wouldn't allow for storage of hi-res images, afaik they have to be sent immediately.

Probably too retarded to understand what I am saying which is why you are red.
    Last edited by randomforumname; 08-08-2012 at 12:50 AM.

Merauder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Merauder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Merauder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Merauder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Merauder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Merauder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Merauder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Merauder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Merauder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Merauder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Merauder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Auwtch no sorry

HungLAH is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HungLAH is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HungLAH is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HungLAH is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HungLAH is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HungLAH is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HungLAH is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HungLAH is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HungLAH is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HungLAH is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HungLAH is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Just think for a second. If it's been chopped, the artist would have not left such obvious flaws for you to pick apart. Them professional photoshoppers are highly skilled. It's more likely to have inconsistencies in a panorama.

Drenica is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drenica is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drenica is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drenica is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drenica is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drenica is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drenica is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drenica is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drenica is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drenica is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drenica is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    OK. I understand.

LaMalaVida will become famous soon enough. (+50) LaMalaVida will become famous soon enough. (+50) LaMalaVida will become famous soon enough. (+50) LaMalaVida will become famous soon enough. (+50) LaMalaVida will become famous soon enough. (+50) LaMalaVida will become famous soon enough. (+50) LaMalaVida will become famous soon enough. (+50) LaMalaVida will become famous soon enough. (+50) LaMalaVida will become famous soon enough. (+50) LaMalaVida will become famous soon enough. (+50) LaMalaVida will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    are there farms on mars whats going on with that picture?

jjcooney has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jjcooney has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jjcooney has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jjcooney has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jjcooney has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jjcooney has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jjcooney has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jjcooney has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jjcooney has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jjcooney has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jjcooney has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    those pics are taken at different times I think. Think of it as a slightly different angle, more or less dust on it, it would/could look different. If you look at a spot on the floor then go to the other side of the room and look at the same spot it could look different just because of the glare or intensity of the light on your ceiling/lamp even though nothing changed except your perception.

1stChanceToLose is a name known to all. (+5000) 1stChanceToLose is a name known to all. (+5000) 1stChanceToLose is a name known to all. (+5000) 1stChanceToLose is a name known to all. (+5000) 1stChanceToLose is a name known to all. (+5000) 1stChanceToLose is a name known to all. (+5000) 1stChanceToLose is a name known to all. (+5000) 1stChanceToLose is a name known to all. (+5000) 1stChanceToLose is a name known to all. (+5000) 1stChanceToLose is a name known to all. (+5000) 1stChanceToLose is a name known to all. (+5000)
    mars loooks weird. mind = blown

jazi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jazi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jazi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jazi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jazi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jazi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jazi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jazi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jazi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jazi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jazi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by randomforumname View Post
    Don't know why i'm bothering to waste my time on a red...

sounds so dumb lol
    ***No Breathe Crew (test levels through the roof)***

***No Eat Crew***

***0 test crew (up from negative)***

MilwaukeeBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MilwaukeeBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MilwaukeeBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MilwaukeeBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MilwaukeeBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MilwaukeeBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MilwaukeeBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MilwaukeeBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MilwaukeeBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MilwaukeeBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MilwaukeeBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    hold on brahs, think I found something

MidWesternRage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MidWesternRage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MidWesternRage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MidWesternRage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MidWesternRage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MidWesternRage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MidWesternRage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MidWesternRage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MidWesternRage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MidWesternRage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MidWesternRage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by 804Hokie View Post
    Question to those that may know:

Does Mars have tectonic plates like Earth? I notice there are mountains just like on earth, and apparently some fuarking tall ones. Are there not places on Mars that would resemble an ocean, except it's dry and baron? Or is the whole planet relatively flat except for a few mountains?
    In case your question hasn't been answered

Google Mount Olympus, one of the tallest mountains in our solar system, the size of Arizona.

They think that the tectonic plates on Mars are no longer immobile

Isn't it kind of funny though? Makes you think what must have happened to Mars to make it so desolate and barren today, I mean Earth isn't so far away.

MidWesternRage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MidWesternRage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MidWesternRage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MidWesternRage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MidWesternRage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MidWesternRage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MidWesternRage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MidWesternRage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MidWesternRage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MidWesternRage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MidWesternRage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by LaMalaVida View Post
    there are farms on mars? they are terraforming the plamnet?
    A private company led by a Russian man is trying to start a project where they will start a colony on Mars.

The only problem: The people they select may never come back to Earth.

SoSick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SoSick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SoSick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SoSick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SoSick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SoSick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SoSick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SoSick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SoSick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SoSick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SoSick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    This is mind blowing
    Civilize the mind but make savage the body

MilwaukeeBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MilwaukeeBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MilwaukeeBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MilwaukeeBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MilwaukeeBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MilwaukeeBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MilwaukeeBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MilwaukeeBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MilwaukeeBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MilwaukeeBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MilwaukeeBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by MidWesternRage View Post
    Makes you think what must have happened to Mars to make it so desolate and barren today
    very interdasting

Desi_guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Desi_guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Desi_guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Desi_guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Desi_guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Desi_guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Desi_guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Desi_guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Desi_guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Desi_guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Desi_guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Guys serious question: Can you breath on mars? And whats the gravity like? How are the weathers?

Mulyark is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mulyark is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mulyark is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mulyark is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mulyark is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mulyark is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mulyark is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mulyark is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mulyark is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mulyark is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mulyark is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Mars Poverty Rover

JAC4146 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JAC4146 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JAC4146 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JAC4146 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JAC4146 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JAC4146 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JAC4146 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JAC4146 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JAC4146 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JAC4146 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JAC4146 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by MidWesternRage View Post
    In case your question hasn't been answered

Google Mount Olympus, one of the tallest mountains in our solar system, the size of Arizona.

They think that the tectonic plates on Mars are no longer immobile

Isn't it kind of funny though? Makes you think what must have happened to Mars to make it so desolate and barren today, I mean Earth isn't so far away.
    Hercules please we arent in greece anymore

You mean Olympus Mons
    ###Manual Trans Crew###

Current Weight: 162(cutting)

Squat Deadlift Bench
    285x1 365x1 230x1
    225x10 185x8

2k10SS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2k10SS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2k10SS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2k10SS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2k10SS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2k10SS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2k10SS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2k10SS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2k10SS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2k10SS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2k10SS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MilwaukeeBrah View Post
    hold on brahs, think I found something

Originally Posted by Desi_guy View Post
    Guys serious question: Can you breath on mars? And whats the gravity like? How are the weathers?
    no you cant. even exposure to your bare skin would kill you.
    the gravity is about a third of earths.
    weather is cold. -60c and can drop to -100s

iknowbeta is just really nice. (+1000) iknowbeta is just really nice. (+1000) iknowbeta is just really nice. (+1000) iknowbeta is just really nice. (+1000) iknowbeta is just really nice. (+1000) iknowbeta is just really nice. (+1000) iknowbeta is just really nice. (+1000) iknowbeta is just really nice. (+1000) iknowbeta is just really nice. (+1000) iknowbeta is just really nice. (+1000) iknowbeta is just really nice. (+1000)
    why should i believe dis is really mars and not some desert in new mexico?
    blow me

At times wears blue pants Iriathz's Avatar
    Iriathz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iriathz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iriathz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iriathz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iriathz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iriathz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iriathz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iriathz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iriathz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iriathz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iriathz is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    That's mad, was still hoping it'd look a little more different though.

2k10SS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2k10SS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2k10SS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2k10SS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2k10SS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2k10SS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2k10SS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2k10SS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2k10SS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2k10SS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2k10SS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by iknowbeta View Post
    why should i believe dis is really mars and not some desert in new mexico?

The government doesn't lie brah

jjcooney has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jjcooney has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jjcooney has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jjcooney has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jjcooney has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jjcooney has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jjcooney has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jjcooney has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jjcooney has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jjcooney has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jjcooney has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    what if they found a partially buried eroded boat or an arrow head

we would probably never even know just for money reasons alone