rickyq93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Dropping body fat % without losing muscle

I'm 19, 5'8, and my body fat percent is high 12% (that's what I was told after I go measured at the gym on 8/03/12. I want to drop my body fat % down to 9-10 so I can see my bottom abs. I try to do a 1509 calorie daily diet eating things like turkey sandwiches on whole wheat bread, eggs, I drink 2 protein shakes on Monday tues Thursday and Friday. One after I lift and one before I go to bed. I also eat a protein bar before I lift. Then everyday around 5 I run for 30 minutes at 7mph but I just started doing interval running in the treadmill. So my recovery speed is 5.5-6mph and I go from 7-7.7-8 all the way to 11mph. So it's 6mph-7mph-6mph-7.5mph-6mph-8mph all the way to 11mph and make my way back down. I do this for 30 minutes. Each I run for a minute. Then a 5 minute cool down at the end. For lifting I do mon/thurs: chest and shoulders, tues/fri is arms and back. Is this going to work or should I be doing something else? And is it possible to lose the bottom fat on my stomach by the end of August. It's 08/04/12 today. When I flex I can see my top 4 abs but not the bottom ones. Any advice will help. Thanks

Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000) Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000) Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000) Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000) Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000) Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000) Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000) Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000) Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000) Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000) Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by rickyq93 View Post
    I'm 19, 5'8, and my body fat percent is high 12% (that's what I was told after I go measured at the gym on 8/03/12. I want to drop my body fat % down to 9-10 so I can see my bottom abs. I try to do a 1509 calorie daily diet eating things like turkey sandwiches on whole wheat bread, eggs, I drink 2 protein shakes on Monday tues Thursday and Friday. One after I lift and one before I go to bed. I also eat a protein bar before I lift. Then everyday around 5 I run for 30 minutes at 7mph but I just started doing interval running in the treadmill. So my recovery speed is 5.5-6mph and I go from 7-7.7-8 all the way to 11mph. So it's 6mph-7mph-6mph-7.5mph-6mph-8mph all the way to 11mph and make my way back down. I do this for 30 minutes. Each I run for a minute. Then a 5 minute cool down at the end. For lifting I do mon/thurs: chest and shoulders, tues/fri is arms and back. Is this going to work or should I be doing something else? And is it possible to lose the bottom fat on my stomach by the end of August. It's 08/04/12 today. When I flex I can see my top 4 abs but not the bottom ones. Any advice will help. Thanks
    Lol 12% isn't high. Generally cutting you do lose muscle, not much if done right, if you're strict with diet and your routine, you could even expect to not lose muscle at all but that's really tough.
    Follow my Workout log-http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156251783
    -----------
    Teen BB Big 3 PL Champ
    |5'4"|160lbs|12%BF|18 years|
    BB Full Squat 1rm: 425lbs
    BB Deadlift 1rm: 475lbs
    Bench Press 1rm: 275lbs
    ★★★TBB FB Chat Crew★★★

DBbodybuilding has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    12% bodyfat is actually pretty good compared to most people, but if you REALLY wanna drop those extra 1-2% you gotta cut your carbs (excluding the carbs you get from fruits and veggies) like your whole wheat bread, avoid grains when you're trying to cut. With your split, i wouldn't hit your major muscle groups twice in a week (chest and back), you can put your arms together with your shoulder. WHERE IS YOUR LEG WORKOUT?!?! You do good cardio and that does work your legs, BUT when you work your legs with some weight training you release some good ol' test in your system which helps with your muscle gains.

if you wanna just be lean as hell and not trying to gain serious pounds of muscle here's what i would do for a split:
    Monday. Chest/triceps/abs
    Tuesday. Cardio
    Wednesday. Legs/abs
    Thursday. Cardio
    Friday. Back, Biceps, and Shoulders.... oh and more abs
    recovery on the weekend.

you wanna make so more muscle gains (which i suggest because you're skinny at 12%)
    Eat some more food man bump it up to around 2000-2200 calories and give yourself a caloric surplus, with some serious carbs (about 180-220g per day) and a hella lot of protein (200-250g) Chicken and Brown Rice, with some more Chicken and Brown rice!
    split:
    Monday. Chest/triceps
    Tuesday. Back/biceps
    wednesday. Legs.
    thursday. Shoulders and abs.
    friday. (light) cardio
    rest on the weekends

with your abs, you trying to get the lower abs.. leg raises man.. leg raises.. jump on the captains chair and do knee lifts till you can't.. then do some more..

and my final advice.. don't drink protein before bed, drink casein but if you're like me and working with a budget.. just eat the right foods for dinner.. cottege cheese. your body will store normal fast digesting whey protein as fat.. Drink your protein in the morning, and after your workout.

Good luck bro

Luwii95M will become famous soon enough. (+50) Luwii95M will become famous soon enough. (+50) Luwii95M will become famous soon enough. (+50) Luwii95M will become famous soon enough. (+50) Luwii95M will become famous soon enough. (+50) Luwii95M will become famous soon enough. (+50) Luwii95M will become famous soon enough. (+50) Luwii95M will become famous soon enough. (+50) Luwii95M will become famous soon enough. (+50) Luwii95M will become famous soon enough. (+50) Luwii95M will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by DBbodybuilding View Post
    12% bodyfat is actually pretty good compared to most people, but if you REALLY wanna drop those extra 1-2% you gotta cut your carbs (excluding the carbs you get from fruits and veggies) like your whole wheat bread, avoid grains when you're trying to cut. With your split, i wouldn't hit your major muscle groups twice in a week (chest and back), you can put your arms together with your shoulder. WHERE IS YOUR LEG WORKOUT?!?! You do good cardio and that does work your legs, BUT when you work your legs with some weight training you release some good ol' test in your system which helps with your muscle gains.

if you wanna just be lean as hell and not trying to gain serious pounds of muscle here's what i would do for a split:
    Tuesday. Cardio
    Wednesday. Legs/abs
    Thursday. Cardio
    recovery on the weekend.

you wanna make so more muscle gains (which i suggest because you're skinny at 12%)
    Eat some more food man bump it up to around 2000-2200 calories and give yourself a caloric surplus, with some serious carbs (about 180-220g per day) and a hella lot of protein (200-250g) Chicken and Brown Rice, with some more Chicken and Brown rice!
    split:
    Monday. Chest/triceps
    Tuesday. Back/biceps
    wednesday. Legs.

friday. (light) cardio
    rest on the weekends

with your abs, you trying to get the lower abs.. leg raises man.. leg raises.. jump on the captains chair and do knee lifts till you can't.. then do some more..

and my final advice.. don't drink protein before bed, drink casein but if you're like me and working with a budget.. just eat the right foods for dinner.. cottege cheese. your body will store normal fast digesting whey protein as fat.. Drink your protein in the morning, and after your workout.

Good luck bro
    training 4 days in a row?
    go monday tuesday, rest, thursday friday.
    reps back
    ++ Positive Crew++
    Actually Lifts crew

GinZen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GinZen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GinZen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GinZen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GinZen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GinZen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GinZen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GinZen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GinZen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GinZen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GinZen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Tuesday. Cardio
    Wednesday. Legs/abs
    Thursday. Cardio
    recovery on the weekend.

split:
    Monday. Chest/triceps
    Tuesday. Back/biceps
    wednesday. Legs.
    friday. (light) cardio
    rest on the weekends

Good luck bro
    Everything you typed was wildly incorrect and plain bad advice, one of the worst posts I have had the pleasure of reading this week.

I Bolded all the retarded stuff, as you can see nearly the whole post is in bold.

tech99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tech99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tech99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tech99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tech99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tech99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tech99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tech99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tech99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tech99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tech99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    if thats you in your avi then you have no place cutting. you have no muscle mass whatsoever and will look horrible if you cut. but to answer your question you will usually lose some muscle cutting no matter what. no need to change your routine when you go on a cut, just reduce the volume a bit if you notice its too much. on a cut you just want to keep your muscles stimulated so your body will drop fat and not muscle. good luck

Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000) Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000) Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000) Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000) Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000) Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000) Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000) Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000) Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000) Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000) Unfocus is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by GinZen View Post
    Everything you typed was wildly incorrect and plain bad advice, one of the worst posts I have had the pleasure of reading this week.

I Bolded all the retarded stuff, as you can see nearly the whole post is in bold.
    He has 2 post. hes an idiot.
    -----------
    Teen BB Big 3 PL Champ
    ★★★TBB FB Chat Crew★★★

rickyq93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by tech99 View Post
    if thats you in your avi then you have no place cutting. you have no muscle mass whatsoever and will look horrible if you cut. but to answer your question you will usually lose some muscle cutting no matter what. no need to change your routine when you go on a cut, just reduce the volume a bit if you notice its too much. on a cut you just want to keep your muscles stimulated so your body will drop fat and not muscle. good luck
    Yeaa that's me in the avi. I'm basically just trying to tone the bottom of my stomach and then im going to bulk up a bit and work on building more muscle

hangauw will become famous soon enough. (+50) hangauw will become famous soon enough. (+50) hangauw will become famous soon enough. (+50) hangauw will become famous soon enough. (+50) hangauw will become famous soon enough. (+50) hangauw will become famous soon enough. (+50) hangauw will become famous soon enough. (+50) hangauw will become famous soon enough. (+50) hangauw will become famous soon enough. (+50) hangauw will become famous soon enough. (+50) hangauw will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yeaa that's me in the avi. I'm basically just trying to tone the bottom of my stomach and then im going to bulk up a bit and work on building more muscle
    What's the point in that? Get abs for a while? Will just slow you down, trust me, just bulk.

football901 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) football901 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) football901 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) football901 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) football901 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) football901 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) football901 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) football901 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) football901 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) football901 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) football901 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Make sure to keep protein high and train hard and your muscle losses should be minimum, I like eating all my carbs around my workouts to give me energy then cut them out the rest of the day. You can try Intermittent fasting 2.
    Bench-315(goal 365)
    Squat-405 (goal 475)
    Deadlift-405 (goal 495)
    as of 7/29/12

DBbodybuilding has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    since you pretty much called me a retard, can you please tell me why my information is wrong? i mean if i'm doing so much wrong then please help me to get it right, because i've made very good progress doing exactly what i said. so please give me your advice and your facts supporting it. thanks

idkwhattoput will become famous soon enough. (+50) idkwhattoput will become famous soon enough. (+50) idkwhattoput will become famous soon enough. (+50) idkwhattoput will become famous soon enough. (+50) idkwhattoput will become famous soon enough. (+50) idkwhattoput will become famous soon enough. (+50) idkwhattoput will become famous soon enough. (+50) idkwhattoput will become famous soon enough. (+50) idkwhattoput will become famous soon enough. (+50) idkwhattoput will become famous soon enough. (+50) idkwhattoput will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    did you measure you bf% with a thing that you hold out in front of you? if so pls go back and slap trainer in the nuts
    Deadlift - 225x12

Bench Press - 155x8

Squat - 225x4

You can lower bf% when you're bulking, so bulk. Didn't realize how skinny you were till I saw the avi.
    -----------
    Teen BB Big 3 PL Champ
    ★★★TBB FB Chat Crew★★★

comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    since you pretty much called me a retard, can you please tell me why my information is wrong? i mean if i'm doing so much wrong then please help me to get it right, because i've made very good progress doing exactly what i said. so please give me your advice and your facts supporting it. thanks
    You want a high carb diet while cutting.
    Why wouldn't you eat grains?
    You WANT to hit everything twice a week while cutting/bulking.
    Cardio is god awful for building any muscle.
    Test release from squats are negligible.
    Don't do that split. 2-3x per muscle group as a beginner, and 1.5x per muscle group as a more advanced lifter.
    Crunches hit everything, you don't have to "specifically target" the lower abs.
    Drink protein anytime anywhere all day every day. Protein is pretty cheap.
    Lol da **** at body storing normal fast digesting whey protein as fat. Lollololololol

JBat3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JBat3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by comps View Post
    You want a high carb diet while cutting.
    Why wouldn't you eat grains?
    You WANT to hit everything twice a week while cutting/bulking.
    Cardio is god awful for building any muscle.
    Test release from squats are negligible.
    Don't do that split. 2-3x per muscle group as a beginner, and 1.5x per muscle group as a more advanced lifter.
    Crunches hit everything, you don't have to "specifically target" the lower abs.
    Drink protein anytime anywhere all day every day. Protein is pretty cheap.
    Lol da **** at body storing normal fast digesting whey protein as fat. Lollololololol

Sorry what? I understand you have a lot of posts and **** but that's plain ****ing wrong.
    You can eat grains as long as it fits your macros and doesn't add extra carbohydrates to a meal already high in calories when cutting.
    Cardio is god awful for building muscle? No ****, but it doens't kill anyway any gains. It's quite good for your legs and cardiovascular health. You would have to be an absolute idiot to honestly believe Cardio is bad for you
    Crunches are good but often done inccorectly and work your lower back. I've seen people snap all kinds of **** up with them when doing them lying down on an inverted incline bench. Let your legs do NO WORK and use mind-muslce connection to target them.

TheIdeology has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheIdeology has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheIdeology has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheIdeology has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheIdeology has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheIdeology has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheIdeology has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheIdeology has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheIdeology has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheIdeology has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheIdeology has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by comps View Post
    What's wrong with a 5 day split? I've always made good gains using one?

comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by JBat3 View Post
    Sorry what? I understand you have a lot of posts and **** but that's plain ****ing wrong.
    You can eat grains as long as it fits your macros and doesn't add extra carbohydrates to a meal already high in calories when cutting.
    Cardio is god awful for building muscle? No ****, but it doens't kill anyway any gains. It's quite good for your legs and cardiovascular health. You would have to be an absolute idiot to honestly believe Cardio is bad for you
    Crunches are good but often done inccorectly and work your lower back. I've seen people snap all kinds of **** up with them when doing them lying down on an inverted incline bench. Let your legs do NO WORK and use mind-muslce connection to target them.
    I said grains were fine.
    Please show me someone who built a good physique off cardio. You misunderstood that you **** tard. I meant it for hypertrophy lol.
    Your crunches statement goes against nothing that I said.

Honestly, you did not argue against a single point I made. You just can't read properly.

Lifter269 is just really nice. (+1000) Lifter269 is just really nice. (+1000) Lifter269 is just really nice. (+1000) Lifter269 is just really nice. (+1000) Lifter269 is just really nice. (+1000) Lifter269 is just really nice. (+1000) Lifter269 is just really nice. (+1000) Lifter269 is just really nice. (+1000) Lifter269 is just really nice. (+1000) Lifter269 is just really nice. (+1000) Lifter269 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I would recommend bulking for a few months if you want to actually have abs/muscle when you cut. If you don't, you will just look even skinnier.

Originally Posted by JBat3 View Post
    Hes not saying don't eat grains, he saying why can't you?
    Cardio does not build that much leg muscle as opposed to lifting.
    Cardio only benefits a Stronger heart with good blow to muscles, but not necessarily needed to build muscle.
    He never said Cardio was bad for you.

Don't say his information is plain wrong you kunt.
    -----------
    Teen BB Big 3 PL Champ
    ★★★TBB FB Chat Crew★★★

Originally Posted by TheIdeology View Post
    What's wrong with a 5 day split? I've always made good gains using one?
    They're fine if you know how to program them.
    You could achieve the same results within a 4 day split though.

PatFel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatFel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatFel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatFel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatFel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatFel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatFel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatFel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatFel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatFel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatFel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Tuesday. Cardio
    Wednesday. Legs/abs
    Thursday. Cardio
    recovery on the weekend.

split:
    Monday. Chest/triceps
    Tuesday. Back/biceps
    wednesday. Legs.
    friday. (light) cardio
    rest on the weekends

Good luck bro
    This post gave me cancer