J-Beck is on a distinguished road. (+10) J-Beck is on a distinguished road. (+10) J-Beck is on a distinguished road. (+10) J-Beck is on a distinguished road. (+10) J-Beck is on a distinguished road. (+10) J-Beck is on a distinguished road. (+10) J-Beck is on a distinguished road. (+10) J-Beck is on a distinguished road. (+10) J-Beck is on a distinguished road. (+10) J-Beck is on a distinguished road. (+10) J-Beck is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Pitcher Training

I'm currently helping my friend get ready to try out for his college baseball team in September. We just started getting his arm loose about 4 weeks ago and he is starting to work with a pitching coach. He's come a long way since he had his heart transplant and just him having the desire to try out is awesome! He was a pretty good pitcher in high school, but he hasn't thrown for a number of years so his form and overall mechanics need work. We hope he is ready by September, but if not then we'll try next year. We are focusing more on rotator cuff exercises, cardio, agility and overall strength training like we've been doing previously. If you have any suggestions, let me know. Thanks! Also, below is the link to his first pitching video from July 15:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTjYwgeOpNs

ckleckner10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ckleckner10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ckleckner10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ckleckner10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ckleckner10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ckleckner10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ckleckner10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ckleckner10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ckleckner10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ckleckner10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ckleckner10 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    first off i want to say incredible job to both of you, im sure so far the journey has been hard but im glad Dylan's taking back his life and he has someone there to back him up. As long as he has a reputable pitching coach i wont say anything mechanically wise so theres no contradicting ideas put out there. Ill say Dylan definitely need to work on getting his feet under him still, by looking at the jogging and foot work stuff he was performing he clearly needs alot of work there. Also just curious at what his exercise regimen is at the moment?
    And normally id say that you might be pushing it on making a team this year, but seeing his height AND him being left handed they might take him without asking him to throw haha cuz you can teach someone to pitch, but you cant teach genetics like that.
    "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." Jackie Robinson

Shinobi67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shinobi67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shinobi67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shinobi67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shinobi67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shinobi67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shinobi67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shinobi67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shinobi67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shinobi67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shinobi67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Two exercises i particularly liked while watching pitchers train in the gym (outside of technical pitching components) was sledge hammer swings and a style of core and ball. See 1:45 for Sean Sherk performing this exercise. He is using a rubber medicine ball attached to a rope, standing 6 inches from a wall and swinging the ball side to side and slamming it hard into the wall. I am not able to post the link apparently, so youtube "hatred-snowgoons mma" and look for minute 1:45 to see the exercise i just described. I can't for the life of me remember the name.

These exercises are great for core/trunk rotation and power which can aid him in his pitching. Perhaps adding the two can help improve on top of the regular exercises and technical components.

JacobWalford is on a distinguished road. (+10) JacobWalford is on a distinguished road. (+10) JacobWalford is on a distinguished road. (+10) JacobWalford is on a distinguished road. (+10) JacobWalford is on a distinguished road. (+10) JacobWalford is on a distinguished road. (+10) JacobWalford is on a distinguished road. (+10) JacobWalford is on a distinguished road. (+10) JacobWalford is on a distinguished road. (+10) JacobWalford is on a distinguished road. (+10) JacobWalford is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Your best bet is to just start building muscle slowly all around, meanwhile still throwing ALL THE TIME. You should be throwing whenever your arm is not sore, with that said; learn your boundaries. Don't overtrain and don't kill your shoulder/elbow. Always use the proper pitching mechanics even when just throwing the ball for practice (ofcourse). Also, warm up very well before you start pitching at 100%.
    It's not over.