Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Well, I'm currently at the beach and just wanted to throw in a quick update. I've been eating carbs all week and tracking calories for the most part and I have to say, I'm looking forward to switching back to Keto on Sunday. I've had the worst indigestion all week. I'm not sure if any of you have experienced that, but before I started Keto back in '07, I had the worst acid reflux. After adopting a keto lifestyle, my reflux went away completely. When I jump off keto for a few weeks, it always comes back.

yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm back from vacation and have to say that I didn't set myself back too far. I stepped on the scale this morning and I was 193 lbs. I know that the majority of that is water weight. As I previously mentioned, I am starting a Keto cut to 175 lbs which started today. I will be logging my progress on a regular basis and attempt to keep it regular. Below are my starting progress pics:

http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/im...6VuxC0365.jpeg

http://imagecdn.bodybuilding.com/img...1qVGZx621.jpeg

Today I did chest, Ab Ripper X and 15 Miles on the recumbent bike. I plan on doing cardio every day, lifting at least 4 days/week and working my abs 3 days/week minimum. Let's see how this ends up!

brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by yabbyshmabby View Post
    I'm back from vacation and have to say that I didn't set myself back too far. I stepped on the scale this morning and I was 193 lbs. I know that the majority of that is water weight. As I previously mentioned, I am starting a Keto cut to 175 lbs which started today. I will be logging my progress on a regular basis and attempt to keep it regular. Below are my starting progress pics:

http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/im...6VuxC0365.jpeg

http://imagecdn.bodybuilding.com/img...1qVGZx621.jpeg

Today I did chest, Ab Ripper X and 15 Miles on the recumbent bike. I plan on doing cardio every day, lifting at least 4 days/week and working my abs 3 days/week minimum. Let's see how this ends up!
    glad to see that youll be updating regularly!

i started my stronglifts 5x5 programp and logged my workout....first serious workout in a long time, from now on i will be taking 2 weeks off a year, 1 week break every 6 months that way i dont get burnt out and over traine again

Originally Posted by brentbonifasold View Post
    glad to see that youll be updating regularly!

i started my stronglifts 5x5 programp and logged my workout....first serious workout in a long time, from now on i will be taking 2 weeks off a year, 1 week break every 6 months that way i dont get burnt out and over traine again
    It's always good to give yourself a little rest from time to time. But then again, you don't get results like you had if you're not hitting it hard.

brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It's always good to give yourself a little rest from time to time. But then again, you don't get results like you had if you're not hitting it hard.
    yeah i was WAY over trained, and you would be happy to know that i didnt workout for 7 months, BUT i somehow managed to gain 7lbs of muscle, thats how over trained i was, although i did put on alot of fat with it but its ok it will come off..

http://stronglifts.com/

i think this link will work, if not just type in stronglifts.com in your address bar

Originally Posted by brentbonifasold View Post
    yeah i was WAY over trained, and you would be happy to know that i didnt workout for 7 months, BUT i somehow managed to gain 7lbs of muscle, thats how over trained i was, although i did put on alot of fat with it but its ok it will come off..

http://stronglifts.com/

i think this link will work, if not just type in stronglifts.com in your address bar
    Thanks! I'll check it out.

Well, last night was a little hectic, but I was able to get my back and cardio workout in. After football practice I was able to work in deadlifts, standing rows, bent over rows and pullups in between making dinner and getting the kiddos showers. After I tucked them into bed I was able to do 45 minutes/15 miles on the bike. It really sucked not getting done until after 10:00 PM....and then I had to make some meals for the next few days. I'm starting to consider waking up at 5:00 AM to lift, but I know how much I hate that.

The one thing that is good and kind of $hitty at the same time is that I'm starting to run out of weight for my bar. I currently have a 7' - 1" bar and with the plates I have, the max I can load it with is 210 lbs. It worked fine before, but now my deadlifts and shrugs have moved far beyond that weights. Hopefully I can say that about my bench within the next couple months. I just have to keep my eyes open for some 25 lb plates.

Well, I've dropped 8 lbs this week and have been hitting it hard. The drastic weight loss is clearly due to cutting water and cleaning out my system. I got a good chest and cardio workout in today. The diet has been spot on and this is the first weekend in a long time that I haven't carbed up. I plan on not reloading until I hit my goal.

I didn't get home from football practice until around 9:30 PM last night, but I managed to get in my shoulder workout. I'm planning on doing a few things different with my log starting today. Although I've been working out, I haven't set up a very strict plan detailing sets, weight, etc., so I'm going to start doing that from now on. Also, I don't have time to log my meals, but I do track most days in Fitday.

Yesterday I consumed 2300 calories @ a ratio of 59% Fat, 37% Protein (204g), 4% Carbs.

My workout consisted of Shrugs, Standing Shoulder Press, Shoulder Upright Rows. All exercises were completed with sets of 10,8,6,4, (reps) increasing the weight each set and then followed by a burnout set with light weight at the end. Starting next week I will log the weight that I'm using so I can not only share with the viewers of my log, but also track my progress so I can start setting goals for myself along the way.

I figure that I'll just log everything now so I don't forget in the morning.

Consumed 2630 calories @ 76% Fat, 19% Protein (128g), 5% Carbs. (Not a good day today. I had to eat out two meals)

My Back workout for tonight:
    -Pullups 5,2,4 (not sure what happened on the 2nd set?)
    -Bent Over Barbell Rows
    10 @ 110 lbs
    8 @ 130 lbs
    6 @ 150 lbs
    -Dead Lift
    10 @ 150 lbs
    8 @ 170 lbs
    6 @ 200 lbs
    -Dumbbell Rows
    15 @ 60 lbs
    15 @ 60 lbs
    15 @ 60 lbs

Unfortunately I can only load up my straight bar with 200 lbs. That's all that will fit. I'm currently looking into finding some 25 lb 1" plates. Until I find some, I just have to increase reps. Also, I can only load 60 lbs on my dumbbells, so I'm in the same boat with that one.

At this point I'm pushing myself pretty hard, but definitely not killing myself by any means. The last thing I want to do is injure myself.

If anyone has suggestions or comments, especially in regards to what I could include as a part of my workout, please let me know. I always appreciate suggestions.

Yesterday was a rest day. I ate around 2500 calories, and don't have a whole lot to report.

On a side note, my son just informed me that he's lost 8 lbs since he started football. Now understand, he's already in good shape and now he's down to 58 lbs. It's funny seeing him playing in the 120 lb division (9-10 year old) , but he's tenacious and is doing very well. They moved him from saftety to defensive end last night, which was really funny. It's so much fun watching these little guys. To all of you young guys out there, having kids is the greatest thing in the world.

I got in a decent arm workout last night. Just curl variations and triceps work....nothing special.

I took in 1757 calories @ 51% Fat 42% Protein (179g) 7% Carbs, not optimal, but it's been pretty hectic lately. The 7% carbs came from Romaine lettuce.

I didn't have an opportunity to log my exact macros for yesterday or Saturday, but I was definitely under 1900 calories both days.

I got a decent chest workout in yesterday which consisted of flat bench, wide grip flat bench, dumbbell press and decline pushups. I'm starting to miss having a training partner, especially on chest day. Unfortunately I can't go as heavy as I was going before and haven't been able to push myself as hard because clearly, I don't want to fail and end up with the bar on my chest.

So far this week I'm seeing major differences in my body. I look really lean compared to when I started back up a couple weeks ago, but I'm still @ 189 lbs. I know that this isn't a problem, but I think I need to stop stepping on the scale every morning when I wake up. Also, I know that I need more veggies in my diet. On a side note, I was visiting my parents this weekend and ended up going to some sort of Amish general store with my Dad. They had giant bags of flax meal for $2.15......that's crazy! They also had freaking amazing jalapeno and cheese smoked beef sticks and some sort of Norwegian baked cheese. Talk about good stuff!

Alright, after enough pu$$yfooting around I've finally decided to jump back on my HIT wagon. When I started years ago I did total body circuit workouts with zero rest in between exercises. I saw great results and have decided to get back into it again. Since I've been lifting heavy, I don't feel like I've been challenging myself enough. Listed below is my workout that I will start tonight. I have not decided on a weight yet. It will take a couple rounds before I'm sure what weight is right.

-Pushups 12,10,8
    -dumbbell curl - 12,10,8
    -lunges - 12,10,8 (per leg)
    -overhead barbell press - 12,10,8
    -skull crushers (three ways) - 15,15,15
    -hammer curl - 12,10,8
    -squats (body weight) - 20,20,20
    -bent over rows - 20,20,20

This will have my heart rate through the roof and I feel that it is the best option for me right now. I'm more concerned with getting lean and improving my cardiovascular health than I am with getting big and bulking up. I will be taking progress pics tonight and continue every couple of weeks.

Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    [QUOTE=yabbyshmabby;928154143]

-Pushups 12,10,8
    -dumbbell curl - 12,10,8
    -hammer curl - 12,10,8
    QUOTE]

pretty intense brah!!!
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

RippedFuture is on a distinguished road. (+10) RippedFuture is on a distinguished road. (+10) RippedFuture is on a distinguished road. (+10) RippedFuture is on a distinguished road. (+10) RippedFuture is on a distinguished road. (+10) RippedFuture is on a distinguished road. (+10) RippedFuture is on a distinguished road. (+10) RippedFuture is on a distinguished road. (+10) RippedFuture is on a distinguished road. (+10) RippedFuture is on a distinguished road. (+10) RippedFuture is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Well, I'm currently at the beach and just wanted to throw in a quick update. I've been eating carbs all week and tracking calories for the most part and I have to say, I'm looking forward to switching back to Keto on Sunday. I've had the worst indigestion all week. I'm not sure if any of you have experienced that, but before I started Keto back in '07, I had the worst acid reflux. After adopting a keto lifestyle, my reflux went away completely. When I jump off keto for a few weeks, it always comes back.
    Great log and subbed and yes, I have noticed that on low carb/keto I have way less gas and my regularity as long as I get my fiber is top notch! That is testimony enough that eating low carb most of the time is healthy for us as well as effective at getting in shape which both should be mutual . Great progress!
    Intermittent Fasting FTW!

Just finished up my first HIT circuit as follows:

-Pushups 12,10,8
    -dumbbell curl - 12,10,8 (30 lb)
    -lunges - 12,10,8 (per leg) (Body weight)
    -overhead barbell press - 12,10,8 (80 lbs)
    -skull crushers (three ways w/curl bar) - 15,15,15 (35 lbs)
    -dumbbell hammer curl - 12,10,8 (30 lbs)
    -dumbbell bent over rows - 20,20,20 (30 lbs)

Each "circuit" took me about 8-10 minutes to complete the entire way through with zero rest in between exercises. I gave myself about 2 minutes of rest between circuits. I have to say, throwing in the overhead press completely blows....but it's definitely staying in there. The good thing is that I didn't puke. Even though I wanted to, I hadn't eaten since lunch....so I was good to go.

I feel good though and I know I'll sleep well tonight. The great thing about these circuits is that I'll be doing them 3 nights a week. If I decide to to cardio on off days, I will, but if not....obviously I won't.

[QUOTE=Cowmustard;928303103]

-Pushups 12,10,8
    -dumbbell curl - 12,10,8
    -hammer curl - 12,10,8
    QUOTE]

pretty intense brah!!!
    got that right. but I don't have much further to go so I have to hit it hard.

Originally Posted by RippedFuture View Post
    Great log and subbed and yes, I have noticed that on low carb/keto I have way less gas and my regularity as long as I get my fiber is top notch! That is testimony enough that eating low carb most of the time is healthy for us as well as effective at getting in shape which both should be mutual . Great progress!
    Thanks! It's amazing how great you can really feel when you choose this lifestyle.

Great Progress Man!.....You've come a long way too.

Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    it's crazy that the closer you get to the finish line in fitness, the harder it gets. But hey if we wanted it easy we would be carb addicted fat sacks like so many other people.
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

Originally Posted by Cowmustard View Post
    it's crazy that the closer you get to the finish line in fitness, the harder it gets. But hey if we wanted it easy we would be carb addicted fat sacks like so many other people.
    My next goal is 175. I had a guy at work tell me that's too damn skinny....???? Are people f_cking serious?

There was once a time when people saw a fat person walking down the street and would stare at them in amazement......now it's the complete opposite. I feel you man.

I promised myself that I would provide regular progress pics. Here's the latest and greatest. There's not much of a difference yet from my last progress pic, but I know things will be changing over the next couple of months.

http://imagecdn.bodybuilding.com/img...APJTL1660.jpeg

I checked my resting heart rate this morning and it was 53 BPM. I'm more than happy with that. Now my goal is to get it below 50!

I completed my HIT circuit again last night as follows:

-Pushups 12,10,8
    -dumbbell curl - 12,10,8 (30 lb)
    -lunges - 12,10,8 (per leg) (Body weight)
    -overhead barbell press - 12,10,8 (80 lbs)
    -skull crushers (three ways w/curl bar) - 15,15,15 (35 lbs)
    -dumbbell hammer curl - 12,10,8 (30 lbs)
    -dumbbell bent over rows - 20,20,20 (30 lbs)

I believe that I will be increasing the weight next week because last nights workout was a little bit easier than Monday's. I can say one thing though, even though they're only bodyweight exercises, the lunges and squats have my lower half killing me. After a couple weeks the soreness will go away, but for now going up and down stairs are so much fun. :\

My diet is on. I haven't been updating fitday due to being busy, but I know that the last couple of days my calorie intake as been pretty low. I haven't been feeling hungry at night after my workouts. Last night I had to choke down some eggs just so I had something in my system.

Last night was an off night. My boy has a scrimmage tonight, plus I might actually have a couple beers with my friends afterwards, so I'm deciding if I should wake up early and get my third HIT workout in for the week Saturday morning, or try to squeeze it in tonight.....hmmmm. I have a feeling it's going to be tomorrow morning.

So, I've been working through Netflix lately (I've been conducting a "No Cable TV" experiment for the last 3 years) and I was watching Gordon Ramsay Kitchen Nightmares. In one of the segments he made a broccoli soup that consited of broccoli, the water that the broccoli was cooked in, and salt. Looks pretty simple, right? I'm definitely going to make it and see how it ends up tasting.

My calories may have been a little bit over yesterday because I was particularly hungry at lunch time. I ended up grabbing 3 double cheesburgers (sans bun) from BK. That's quite a few calories, but I only had a small steak salad for dinner.....maybe it evened out?

Well, it looks like I'll be switching up my workout routine to strictly upper body work. I blew out my left knee last night. I'm not sure how damaged it is yet.

Well, it looks like I'll be switching up my workout routine to strictly upper body work. I blew out my left knee last night. I'm not sure how damaged it is yet.
    that SUCKS

I blew mine out about three years ago, you still got plenty of options to go with, but who doesn't like squating and sprinting. Just don't do what I did man, give it the time the doc says it needs, I pushed mine and it did more harm then good.
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

Originally Posted by Cowmustard View Post
    that SUCKS

I blew mine out about three years ago, you still got plenty of options to go with, but who doesn't like squating and sprinting. Just don't do what I did man, give it the time the doc says it needs, I pushed mine and it did more harm then good.
    yeah, no sh!t. I'm sure I'll see a doc before too long.

I managed to get in a solid chest workout last night. I've also started IF. Clearly I have more to learn about it, but I will modify as needed once I read a little more.

yeah, no sh!t. I'm sure I'll see a doc before too long.
    just don't be like me bro, I walked around forever on it just causing more damage because I thought it was 'okay'
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard