Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Ecnewyx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ecnewyx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ecnewyx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ecnewyx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ecnewyx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ecnewyx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ecnewyx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ecnewyx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ecnewyx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ecnewyx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ecnewyx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by JordanW View Post
    Yea you mutt must be at least $2.13 an hour, so if you work an 10 hour shift and only make $10 in tips the employer has to make up the additional $11.30 so 10 hours work for $21.30... Do you go full retard often? How many states have minimum wage set at $2.13?

Do you even read?

If an employee’s tips combined with the employer’s direct (or cash) wages of at least $2.13 per hour do not equal the minimum hourly wage of $7.25 per hour, the employer must make up the difference.
    The difference between minimum wage and the direct cash payment.

The employer MUST pay at least $2.13 per hour.

In your scenario, if you make $2.13 an hour in a 10 hour shift and only make $10 in tips the employer would have to make up the additional $41.20.

$51.20 = ($7.25 (assuming that's minimum wage) x 10) - (2.13 x 10)

$51.20 - $10 in tips = $41.20.

No matter what you will ALWAYS get at least $72.50 for a 10 hour shift.

I almost want to insult you but I can't. You're 22. Goddamn, your Canadian public education system has failed you.
    ~ Never Having Kids So Can Save Up For a 4K TV and a PLP Computer Setup Crew ~

Non-Operating Operator BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    BlueNinjaGo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BlueNinjaGo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BlueNinjaGo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BlueNinjaGo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BlueNinjaGo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BlueNinjaGo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BlueNinjaGo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BlueNinjaGo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BlueNinjaGo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BlueNinjaGo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BlueNinjaGo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    10% for bad service.
    18-20% standard.

Extra if they hooked me up, were awesome, or attractive.

Yes, I tip extra if they're attractive. Keeps the hot ones working there and the hippo's are more likely to quit.

Trying to increase attractiveness through capitalism.

anonymous
    I never realized America was such a poverty stricken backwards country.

You are too poor to tip a server for his or her service, but you have enough expendable cash to go out for dinner and pay for a meal which you could make for yourself by buying the things needed for about 1/3 the cost...

Ascendency is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ascendency is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ascendency is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ascendency is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ascendency is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ascendency is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ascendency is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ascendency is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ascendency is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ascendency is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Ascendency is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    I like how this thread turned from unaware tourists to all people.

I knew this thread gonna rustle some jimmies

Ecnewyx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ecnewyx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ecnewyx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ecnewyx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ecnewyx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ecnewyx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ecnewyx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ecnewyx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ecnewyx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ecnewyx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ecnewyx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by BlueNinjaGo View Post
    10% for bad service.
    18-20% standard.

Yes, I tip extra if they're attractive. Keeps the hot ones working there and the hippo's are more likely to quit.

Noble goal. Tip 0% for fatties = no more fatty waitresses?
    ~ Never Having Kids So Can Save Up For a 4K TV and a PLP Computer Setup Crew ~

wollo7 is a name known to all. (+5000) wollo7 is a name known to all. (+5000) wollo7 is a name known to all. (+5000) wollo7 is a name known to all. (+5000) wollo7 is a name known to all. (+5000) wollo7 is a name known to all. (+5000) wollo7 is a name known to all. (+5000) wollo7 is a name known to all. (+5000) wollo7 is a name known to all. (+5000) wollo7 is a name known to all. (+5000) wollo7 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    tip for the quality of restaurant you're at (as in to anticipate what their wage might be) and then factor in how much of their time you took (how long you were there), even if they were kunts. then, if you're feeling nice, then you can add on for them being nice or whatever tickles your tummy
    "classic Miscer dilemma...

where to spend our money?....

Cheap hooker vs. Nintendo 3DS" -- Chikbrah

Kalmah6661 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kalmah6661 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kalmah6661 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kalmah6661 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kalmah6661 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kalmah6661 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kalmah6661 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kalmah6661 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kalmah6661 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kalmah6661 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kalmah6661 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by CVSstrangler View Post
    Okay, someone needs to explain this gif to me.

jvinci is a name known to all. (+5000) jvinci is a name known to all. (+5000) jvinci is a name known to all. (+5000) jvinci is a name known to all. (+5000) jvinci is a name known to all. (+5000) jvinci is a name known to all. (+5000) jvinci is a name known to all. (+5000) jvinci is a name known to all. (+5000) jvinci is a name known to all. (+5000) jvinci is a name known to all. (+5000) jvinci is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Obviously it's a system not everyone is happy with. However, you really can tell a lot by a person by how much they tip. Some of the cheapest tippers are usually the most lame forever aloners who will try to be articulate/smart asses about how they don't tip on principle blah blah blah... or the most trashiest no class people. Have you ever seen a well off, secure with himself man ever not tip? Of course not.

The problem is you're focusing on the things in life that don't really matter. When I was a kid I had hopes and dreams. We all did. But over time, the daily grind gets in the way and you miss the things that really matter, even though they are right in front of you, staring you in the face. I think the next time you should ask yourself "Why not just make this server's day and leave a good tip?". I don't mean to be rude but people like you I really pity. So maybe you could use the few brain cells you have and take advantage of the knowledge I have given you now. Good luck.
    Sacramento Kings | Dallas Cowboys | San Jose Sharks

MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I never realized America was such a poverty stricken backwards country.

You are too poor to tip a server for his or her service, but you have enough expendable cash to go out for dinner and pay for a meal which you could make for yourself by buying the things needed for about 1/3 the cost...

And there is what people hate about tipping. Your damn entitlement attitude. "Don't come here if you don't plan to give me money".. wtf, serious? Also, what do I do when one person takes my order, and another person brings it to me? Happening all the time.
    I would rather die than live my life in fear.- KSE

Don't Panic and always carry a towel.

anonymous
    Originally Posted by MyLastSerenade View Post
    And there is what people hate about tipping. Your damn entitlement attitude. "Don't come here if you don't plan to give me money".. wtf, serious? Also, what do I do when one person takes my order, and another person brings it to me? Happening all the time.
    I am not saying you are expected to tip, however most people in this thread say they don't tip at all. So if you have an outstanding server, does everything properly, keeps your glasses full, offers helpful suggestions, engages in good conversation, interacts with your kids makes everyone happy, you are not going to tip this server for going above what is expected...

What a server is expected to do is say Hi what would you like to drink, bring it, what do you want to eat, bring it, and if you ask for something get it... When your water is being refilled without asking or pop or ice tea, that's the server going beyond what is required, when the server explains menu items using a broad knowledge of the menu that is above what is required

whiteboyy09 is just really nice. (+1000) whiteboyy09 is just really nice. (+1000) whiteboyy09 is just really nice. (+1000) whiteboyy09 is just really nice. (+1000) whiteboyy09 is just really nice. (+1000) whiteboyy09 is just really nice. (+1000) whiteboyy09 is just really nice. (+1000) whiteboyy09 is just really nice. (+1000) whiteboyy09 is just really nice. (+1000) whiteboyy09 is just really nice. (+1000) whiteboyy09 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I am not saying you are expected to tip, however most people in this thread say they don't tip at all. So if you have an outstanding server, does everything properly, keeps your glasses full, offers helpful suggestions, engages in good conversation, interacts with your kids makes everyone happy, you are not going to tip this server for going above what is expected...

What a server is expected to do is say Hi what would you like to drink, bring it, what do you want to eat, bring it, and if you ask for something get it... When your water is being refilled without asking or pop or ice tea, that's the server going beyond what is required, when the server explains menu items using a broad knowledge of the menu that is above what is required
    strong waiter here

Halifax2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Halifax2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Halifax2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Halifax2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Halifax2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Halifax2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Halifax2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Halifax2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Halifax2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Halifax2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Halifax2 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Im from uk. If I ever go to America, I aint tipping ****. You brought food from 1 place 20 paces away to my table... I could train a dog to do the same thing....

SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by person101 View Post
    If your server does a decent job always tip. Thats how we make money. I wait tables part time and make $3.65 an hour I rely entirely on tips.
    Others make much less than you working on construction or factories, and they don't bitch about getting tipped.

nzgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nzgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nzgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nzgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nzgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nzgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nzgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nzgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nzgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nzgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nzgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Lol but the only fun part of being in america is seeing the look on the faces of the acne-ridden disgusting waiters and waitresses when you don't tip, and then troll-face them as you walk out.

clungebrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) clungebrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) clungebrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) clungebrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) clungebrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) clungebrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) clungebrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) clungebrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) clungebrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) clungebrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) clungebrah is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    not sure about US employment law. But in the UK it's illegal to charge less than minimum wage so you can't 'make up' wages with tips. So i rarely tip for anything; usually tip my hairdresser though, that's about it. Unless it's just like a few pence change.

Mod Negged in Halo 2 Pastier911's Avatar
    Pastier911 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pastier911 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pastier911 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pastier911 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pastier911 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pastier911 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pastier911 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pastier911 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pastier911 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pastier911 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pastier911 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i feel like doctors should tip their patients or at least me, they get to touch my balls for god sake
    I'm gonna make it brahs.

BEARDofNORRIS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BEARDofNORRIS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BEARDofNORRIS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BEARDofNORRIS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BEARDofNORRIS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BEARDofNORRIS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BEARDofNORRIS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BEARDofNORRIS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BEARDofNORRIS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BEARDofNORRIS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BEARDofNORRIS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

And what if I just want to be left alone? You assume everyone WANTS their waiter to do all the **** you said. To me, it's annoying. You're not my friend. Stop buzzing around my table while I'm trying to have a meal with my friends or family. You're not doing me a favor by refilling my glass when I don't want any more to drink. You're just wasting money and interrupting me.

The part in bold is actually what I WANT a waiter to do.

Why should I tip you extra for annoying me?
    ***Farkle Draggers Unite***

Grammar Help:
    -they're/their/there: The sloots are not nearby. They're shaking their asses over there.
    -you're/your: You are not a unique snowflake. You're not your f*cking kahkis.
    -should've/should have/should of: Unless you are a ritard, you should have realized by now that "should've" is a contraction of "should" and "have."

MrBest is just really nice. (+1000) MrBest is just really nice. (+1000) MrBest is just really nice. (+1000) MrBest is just really nice. (+1000) MrBest is just really nice. (+1000) MrBest is just really nice. (+1000) MrBest is just really nice. (+1000) MrBest is just really nice. (+1000) MrBest is just really nice. (+1000) MrBest is just really nice. (+1000) MrBest is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Ascendency View Post

if you're working on a diner, and you give the reciept to customers and they dont tip you dont be an ass and greet them politely regardless.

especially that is summer time now there is a lot of tourists and 90% of the countries in the world doesnt know the concept of tipping, i didnt know what tipping means when i first came to the united states.

im saying this because whenever i dont tip someone they act like they've been humilated or something, i dont want to see tourists confused about the attitude of waiters because of your ****ty system, so maybe you will have to work through the summer with less tips than the usual.
    if you can afford eating out you can afford tipping

Metalhead44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Metalhead44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Metalhead44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Metalhead44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Metalhead44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Metalhead44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Metalhead44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Metalhead44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Metalhead44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Metalhead44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Metalhead44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ITT waiters with a sense of entitlement
    I'm here to make friends and listen to other peoples problems,send me a PM if you want to talk.I misc at odd hours.

Roma315 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roma315 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roma315 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roma315 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roma315 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roma315 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roma315 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roma315 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roma315 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roma315 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roma315 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    In on another 50 page tip thread...SMH
    MISC wristwatch, Cigar, & OG Crew

MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Let me ask you this, what should I expect from a waiter? I thought your job was to do all these things and I tip based if I give a shiit or not.
    I would rather die than live my life in fear.- KSE

Don't Panic and always carry a towel.

steelers1377 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelers1377 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelers1377 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelers1377 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelers1377 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelers1377 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelers1377 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelers1377 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelers1377 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelers1377 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelers1377 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by wayprotein View Post
    this a myth the employer is required by law to compensate the waiters with at least minimum wage $7.25+. a waiter will never make less than minimum wage even if they receive 0 tips ever it is against the law.

this is also a myth bc whats not counted is the amount waiters have to tip out bussers/bartenders/food runners ect. nice try tho

Registered User Polamaluisraw43's Avatar
    Polamaluisraw43 is just really nice. (+1000) Polamaluisraw43 is just really nice. (+1000) Polamaluisraw43 is just really nice. (+1000) Polamaluisraw43 is just really nice. (+1000) Polamaluisraw43 is just really nice. (+1000) Polamaluisraw43 is just really nice. (+1000) Polamaluisraw43 is just really nice. (+1000) Polamaluisraw43 is just really nice. (+1000) Polamaluisraw43 is just really nice. (+1000) Polamaluisraw43 is just really nice. (+1000) Polamaluisraw43 is just really nice. (+1000)
    coming from a server (well former server, i quit) the most annoying part of the job is listening to the other server bitch about every goddamned thing, literally nothing positive is ever said. cannot stand being around so much negativity
    I LOVE Maria Sharapova

dwdphan is on a distinguished road. (+10) dwdphan is on a distinguished road. (+10) dwdphan is on a distinguished road. (+10) dwdphan is on a distinguished road. (+10) dwdphan is on a distinguished road. (+10) dwdphan is on a distinguished road. (+10) dwdphan is on a distinguished road. (+10) dwdphan is on a distinguished road. (+10) dwdphan is on a distinguished road. (+10) dwdphan is on a distinguished road. (+10) dwdphan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by BlueNinjaGo View Post
    10% for bad service.
    18-20% standard.

haha i do the same thing!
    "Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless."--Kenny Powers

Rawful is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rawful is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rawful is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rawful is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rawful is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rawful is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rawful is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rawful is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rawful is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rawful is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rawful is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    nothing rustles my jimmies like ordering at the counter getting a receipt with a line for a tip.

tip for what? You have given me no service.