Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ColemanKubi is not very well liked. (-100) ColemanKubi is not very well liked. (-100) ColemanKubi is not very well liked. (-100) ColemanKubi is not very well liked. (-100) ColemanKubi is not very well liked. (-100) ColemanKubi is not very well liked. (-100) ColemanKubi is not very well liked. (-100) ColemanKubi is not very well liked. (-100) ColemanKubi is not very well liked. (-100) ColemanKubi is not very well liked. (-100) ColemanKubi is not very well liked. (-100)

Creatine monohydrate

Hey people.

I finally got permission to use creatine from my parents.

I've got a few questions since there's lots of different info on the webs..

Some sites say to cycle and some say not to. Which one?

Also some say take 20 g for 5 days and other sites say take 5-10g erryday. Which one?

Do i need to take crea on restdays?

Thanks in advance.

slygoat008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slygoat008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slygoat008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slygoat008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slygoat008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slygoat008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slygoat008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slygoat008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slygoat008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slygoat008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slygoat008 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Take 3-5g once a day, every day. No need to load or cycle. Simple
    Multivitamin: Controlled Labs Orange Triad
    Fish Oil: Controlled Labs Orange OxiMega
    Protein: MusclePharm Combat Powder
    Creatine: Optimum Nutrition Micronized Creatine Monohydrate

iForce Hemavol Review: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146826013

Got Diablo 3? Add me: SlyGoat#1796

ColemanKubi is not very well liked. (-100) ColemanKubi is not very well liked. (-100) ColemanKubi is not very well liked. (-100) ColemanKubi is not very well liked. (-100) ColemanKubi is not very well liked. (-100) ColemanKubi is not very well liked. (-100) ColemanKubi is not very well liked. (-100) ColemanKubi is not very well liked. (-100) ColemanKubi is not very well liked. (-100) ColemanKubi is not very well liked. (-100) ColemanKubi is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by slygoat008 View Post
    Take 3-5g once a day, every day. No need to load or cycle. Simple
    Thanks.
    So i can just take it on rest days ?

Oh and btw.

In the morning when i wake up or after workouts?

rtpurdum is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtpurdum is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtpurdum is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtpurdum is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtpurdum is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtpurdum is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtpurdum is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtpurdum is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtpurdum is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtpurdum is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtpurdum is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    3-5g everyday as stated above. You can load but it really is not necessary. As with loading you are more likely to get the side effects, stomach issues and such.
    “The last three or four reps is what makes the muscle grow. This area of pain divides the champion from someone else who is not a champion. That’s what most people lack, having the guts to go on and just say they’ll go through the pain no matter what happens.” Arnold Schwarzenegger

CL White Flood
    Allmax Creatine Mono
    ON 100% Whey
    BCAA 5000
    1200mg Fish Oil
    Test Freak (running log) http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146459453

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Basically you can choose to load or not load. Either choice will result in reaching the saturation point. If you choose to load, you simply reach that saturation point faster. If you choose to not load, you will still reach the saturation point, it will just take longer. Some people want to see results faster, others want to save pennies and possible stomach discomfort and are fine with it taking a bit longer.

If you are considering loading, there are a couple different ways to do it. The typical loading protocol is to ingest 20 grams of creatine monohydrate per day (often broken into 4 equal doses of 5 grams each). After about a week of this loading dose, you will achieve saturation. Such an aggressive loading protocol may result in stomach upset. Another way to load, which is less aggressive, and less likely to result in stomach upset is to ingest 10 grams of creatine per day for 10 days (such as in two doses of 5 grams each). This will get you saturated in about 10 days. If you chose to not load at all, then you will just take 3-5 grams of creatine monohydrate per day, and you will still reach the saturation point, but instead of it taking a week or ten days, it will take about a month of dosing at 3-5 grams/day.

If you decide to load, then after you have reached saturation, you can maintain saturation with just 2-3 grams per day, but many err on the side of caution and use 3-5 grams per day.

Heluva will become famous soon enough. (+50) Heluva will become famous soon enough. (+50) Heluva will become famous soon enough. (+50) Heluva will become famous soon enough. (+50) Heluva will become famous soon enough. (+50) Heluva will become famous soon enough. (+50) Heluva will become famous soon enough. (+50) Heluva will become famous soon enough. (+50) Heluva will become famous soon enough. (+50) Heluva will become famous soon enough. (+50) Heluva will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    another same creatine question all over again
    another "not gonna use search option" person ...

Originally Posted by snorkelman View Post
    Basically you can choose to load or not load. Either choice will result in reaching the saturation point. If you choose to load, you simply reach that saturation point faster. If you choose to not load, you will still reach the saturation point, it will just take longer. Some people want to see results faster, others want to save pennies and possible stomach discomfort and are fine with it taking a bit longer.

If you are considering loading, there are a couple different ways to do it. The typical loading protocol is to ingest 20 grams of creatine monohydrate per day (often broken into 4 equal doses of 5 grams each). After about a week of this loading dose, you will achieve saturation. Such an aggressive loading protocol may result in stomach upset. Another way to load, which is less aggressive, and less likely to result in stomach upset is to ingest 10 grams of creatine per day for 10 days (such as in two doses of 5 grams each). This will get you saturated in about 10 days. If you chose to not load at all, then you will just take 3-5 grams of creatine monohydrate per day, and you will still reach the saturation point, but instead of it taking a week or ten days, it will take about a month of dosing at 3-5 grams/day.

If you decide to load, then after you have reached saturation, you can maintain saturation with just 2-3 grams per day, but many err on the side of caution and use 3-5 grams per day.
    I think im going for option 2.
    10 G for 10 days.
    But after these 10 days should i just do 10 days ago?
    I think i will take 5g when i wake up and 5g after workout?
    Yay/Nay?

Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Take 3-5 grams every day, timing doesn't really matter once you reach saturation point, and just continue to take it. I don't prefer to load just because it upsets my stomach and I get really bad diarrhea when I do that. Get the cheap stuff, Creatine creapure monohydrate.

Heluva will become famous soon enough. (+50) Heluva will become famous soon enough. (+50) Heluva will become famous soon enough. (+50) Heluva will become famous soon enough. (+50) Heluva will become famous soon enough. (+50) Heluva will become famous soon enough. (+50) Heluva will become famous soon enough. (+50) Heluva will become famous soon enough. (+50) Heluva will become famous soon enough. (+50) Heluva will become famous soon enough. (+50) Heluva will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ColemanKubi View Post
    10 G for 10 days.
    Yay/Nay?
    the consensus is: "no loading", but u still want to load. so what is the point of asking then ?

Creatine is simple: no loading, no cycling, 5g a day anytime of the day, drink loads and loads of water. Simple.

Any more questions ?

Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    10 G for 10 days.
    Yay/Nay?
    Once you've done the loading after those 10 days you can just take the 3-5 grams per day and you'll maintain muscle saturation. Won't matter when you take it at that point.

dandaman5984 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dandaman5984 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dandaman5984 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dandaman5984 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dandaman5984 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dandaman5984 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dandaman5984 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dandaman5984 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dandaman5984 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dandaman5984 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dandaman5984 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You're 16... spend some more time researching before you decide to start ingesting supplements.

Originally Posted by Heluva View Post
    the consensus is: "no loading", but u still want to load. so what is the point of asking then ?

Creatine is simple: no loading, no cycling, 5g a day anytime of the day, drink loads and loads of water. Simple.

Any more questions ?
    Okay i just took 5g so i don't need to take it anymore for the rest of the day?

I'm the Juggernaut Bitch! GIGANTOR's Avatar
    GIGANTOR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GIGANTOR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GIGANTOR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GIGANTOR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GIGANTOR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GIGANTOR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GIGANTOR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GIGANTOR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GIGANTOR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GIGANTOR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GIGANTOR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey people.

I finally got permission to use creatine from my parents.

I've got a few questions since there's lots of different info on the webs..

Thanks in advance.
    Dont load, dont ask me to try and find that article, but loading and not loading has the same levels at the end of 30 days. So loading gets you their quicker ie around week 2 but after that it tappers off and is the same as not loading. Got a race in the next week or two, load, if you're going to be taking it over the long haul, dont load and save some cash. 5g after a workout with something sugary, ie dextrose, or some fruit and you're good to go. Good luck man and keep us posted. if you only resting one day, than sure if you forget you forget, but try to keep it in everyday.

Also some say take 20 g for 5 days and other sites say take 5-10g erryday. Which one?

Never Big Enough

6'4
    280lbs off season
    235lbs on stage
    19' arms
    27' legs
    Feel like a 12 year old vegetarian, B.Ph.E, B.A, B.Ed, M.S.E.D

VicMackey92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VicMackey92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VicMackey92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VicMackey92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VicMackey92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VicMackey92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VicMackey92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VicMackey92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VicMackey92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VicMackey92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VicMackey92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    don't load , this is a waste of money men!

Originally Posted by GIGANTOR View Post
    Dont load, dont ask me to try and find that article, but loading and not loading has the same levels at the end of 30 days. So loading gets you their quicker ie around week 2 but after that it tappers off and is the same as not loading. Got a race in the next week or two, load, if you're going to be taking it over the long haul, dont load and save some cash. 5g after a workout with something sugary, ie dextrose, or some fruit and you're good to go. Good luck man and keep us posted. if you only resting one day, than sure if you forget you forget, but try to keep it in everyday.

So no need to take it in the mornign when i wake up.
    Just 5g after a workout with something to spike insulin ( i prefer dextro).
    Is this right?
    Also i train 5x a week (sometimes 4 but usually 5).
    And ill post in this thread .
    Only still one thing. to take on restdays or not?

VicMackey92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VicMackey92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VicMackey92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VicMackey92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VicMackey92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VicMackey92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VicMackey92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VicMackey92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VicMackey92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VicMackey92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VicMackey92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So no need to take it in the mornign when i wake up.
    Is this right?
    Only still one thing. to take on restdays or not?
    yes take on restday , if you want , take 3 gram on restday.
    Take it after your workout

Originally Posted by VicMackey92 View Post
    yes take on restday , if you want , take 3 gram on restday.
    Take it after your workout
    Allright thanks i think i got it.

5g every lift day after workout with dextro
    and 3g on rest days
    this all till i run out and buy a new one ( no cycling right?)
    alright i think i got it. i just took 5-6g so i dont have to take anymore.

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    So no need to take it in the mornign when i wake up. Take it whenever you want.
    Just 5g after a workout with something to spike insulin ( i prefer dextro). Take it with whatever you want, no need to "spike insulin", take it with water and call it good.
    Is this right? You should do more research before buying things.
    Only still one thing. to take on restdays or not? Go for it, 3-5g a day, everyday.

If you still have to ask anymore questions after having gotten so many answers from various people my suggestion would be to throw away your creatine until you learn to do proper research on supplements before buying them.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Is this right?
    No that is not right. You do not need any carbs with creatine. Dextrose is not needed.

Originally Posted by gbullock32 View Post
    So no need to take it in the mornign when i wake up. Take it whenever you want.
    Just 5g after a workout with something to spike insulin ( i prefer dextro). Take it with whatever you want, no need to "spike insulin", take it with water and call it good.
    Is this right? You should do more research before buying things.
    Only still one thing. to take on restdays or not? Go for it, 3-5g a day, everyday.

If you still have to ask anymore questions after having gotten so many answers from various people my suggestion would be to throw away your creatine until you learn to do proper research on supplements before buying them.
    Alright calm.
    Just 5g everyday with water no need to insulin. Ill take it after workouts.

No that is not right. You do not need any carbs with creatine. Dextrose is not needed.
    Allright thx

yes don't cycle creatine , creatine on long term is lean mass and strenght , if you stop you lost the effect quick

and don't add carb , useless

CL's Resident Pump-Fiend RaginAzN's Avatar
    RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Imo I wouldn't load, I think this is where the majority of "I'm bloating from creatine" thread comes from. Dose intelligently and you'll be fine.
    Controlled Labs Rep

CL FB Page: https://www.********.com/controlledlabs

Disclaimer: The above post is my PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice.

JohnT@ControlledLabs.com

Thanks for the responses. Would rep if i had a decent amount so for now my gratitude hopefully will be enough :d

Just going to take 5g erryday.

mikz86ta will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikz86ta will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikz86ta will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikz86ta will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikz86ta will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikz86ta will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikz86ta will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikz86ta will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikz86ta will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikz86ta will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikz86ta will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If no one already said (didnt read every post) drink lotsa water during the day while ur on it
    Current Supps:
    PreWorkout - CL White Flood & CL White Blood (trying out)
    Intra - Scivation Xtend or CL Purple Wraath
    Proteins - CL Golden Feast new watermelon
    Creatine - ON micronized mono
    Vitamins - CL Orange Triad or NOW Adam
    Fish oil - CL Orange OxiMega
    Extra - CL OxiGreens

I'm the Juggernaut Bitch! GIGANTOR's Avatar
    GIGANTOR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GIGANTOR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GIGANTOR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GIGANTOR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GIGANTOR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GIGANTOR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GIGANTOR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GIGANTOR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GIGANTOR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GIGANTOR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GIGANTOR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Really? please provide with peer reviewed journal articles to support this claim, I will also do the same about how "more" effective it is do add sugar to creatine monohydrate for better absoroption/results. Can be submitted at anytime on this thread, but deadline is in 7 days (July 11th, 11:59 ET).
    Never Big Enough

6'4
    280lbs off season
    235lbs on stage
    19' arms
    27' legs
    Feel like a 12 year old vegetarian, B.Ph.E, B.A, B.Ed, M.S.E.D

Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Keep it simple. No loading. 3-5g a day for a month and your saturated. Drink plenty of water.
    If you not feeling the burn your not pushing hard enough.
    "Don't talk about it, be about it" MK
    Change, Challenge, Compete

miridel is not very helpful. (-500) miridel is not very helpful. (-500) miridel is not very helpful. (-500) miridel is not very helpful. (-500) miridel is not very helpful. (-500) miridel is not very helpful. (-500) miridel is not very helpful. (-500) miridel is not very helpful. (-500) miridel is not very helpful. (-500) miridel is not very helpful. (-500) miridel is not very helpful. (-500)

This^^

Great post and that`s the complete story.

I personally would just like to add that you should also add a tablespoon of dextrose with each serving of creatine.

It MAY help drive the creatine better into the muscles
    (the dextrose creates an insulin surge in the blood,which improves every nutrient uptake in the muscles).

I personally get much better this way.

ThatGain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ThatGain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ThatGain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    As most everyone is saying, 3-5g/day with plenty of water and you'll be fine. To create a decent insulin spike (helps the uptake of creatine into the cell) try mixing it with grape juice (not from concentrate). If you'd like further peer-reviewed reading on the effects of creatine monohydrate I suggest trying to get a hold of "Clinical Pharmacology of the Dietary Supplement Creatine Monohydrate" by Adam M. Persky AND Gayle A. Brazeau, it's a very informative read

happy lifting!

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by miridel View Post
    This^^

Great post and that`s the complete story.

I personally would just like to add that you should also add a tablespoon of dextrose with each serving of creatine.

It MAY help drive the creatine better into the muscles
    (the dextrose creates an insulin surge in the blood,which improves every nutrient uptake in the muscles).

I personally get much better this way.
    Not needed at all. Uptake has no relevance when you're saturated. Plus, it's been proven that protein alone will create enough of an insulin spike post workout. Plus it's been [again] proven that post workout nutrient timing is basically irrelevant as the body stays anabolic for over 24 hours post bout.

My recommendation is to seek some current nutritional science knowledge.
    Psych & handcuffs
    Current reading: Vonnegut, Theodor Adorno
    House, Techno, and 4Runners