Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    whats up yabby u still hitting it? i started tnt plan a today

yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by brentbonifasold View Post
    whats up yabby u still hitting it? i started tnt plan a today
    Yeah, I'm still hitting it. I took a couple weeks off from lifting, but have continued on with Keto. I started up again last night with a solid shoulder workout. I'm still hovering @ 185 lbs and am going to continue cutting through this summer. I'm deciding if I want to continue reloading on weekends or if I want to stick with Plan A through the end of June.

yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It's been a while since I've updated my status. I took a couple weeks off from the gym due to some things that I had to get taken care of as well as being extremely busy with work. Although I continued following Keto, I just started back to the gym last night. I'm still hovering @ 185 lbs, so I haven't experienced any backwards progress. My next goal is to continue working out regularly at the gym for the next 8 weeks because I will be leaving for a beach vacation in July. I figure that I'll drop another 5 - 10 lbs during those 8 weeks, but since scale weight is more difficult to drop at this point, I'll be focusing more on body measurements and visual changes than on weight itself. I'm still kicking around the idea of focusing on a caloric deficit. Up to this point I have paid zero attention to calories and eat until I'm satisfied whenever I'm hungry. I know that I'm more than likely below maintenance, but I'm still thinking about keeping track. Eh, we'll see what happens.

I'll be updating progress pics before too long.

brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by yabbyshmabby View Post
    Yeah, I'm still hitting it. I took a couple weeks off from lifting, but have continued on with Keto. I started up again last night with a solid shoulder workout. I'm still hovering @ 185 lbs and am going to continue cutting through this summer. I'm deciding if I want to continue reloading on weekends or if I want to stick with Plan A through the end of June.
    im gonna be on plan a until i hit atleast 190, maybe 185. im glad to hear you havent counted calories, im not counting calories either, im just eating until im satified, i just had some steak with cheese, red, yellow and orange peppers and some cauliflaur, and i eat every 2-3 hours. Im gonna be doing the stronglifts 5x5 begginer program for the first 4-6 weeks , i need to build some strength and muscle along with losing this fat.

stronglifts.com

sheck it out, since your just begging lifting it would be good for you
    Last edited by brentbonifasold; 05-16-2012 at 04:06 PM.

This week has been a killer. We've been working in some caveman type workouts into our weight lifting. We've also started working out in the garage and have really increased the intensity. I can say one thing, I'm keeping up with the 20 year olds!

here is the link to the stronglifts website check it out! i cant wait to start!

http://stronglifts.com/

I'll be keeping an eye on your progress for sure.

We did back last night and incorporated some straight leg dead lifts. My buddy picked up a couple lengths of telephone poles. We incorporated them the other day into our chest workout and also into our deadlifts yesterday. They aren't overly heavy, but they're wreak havoc on your stabilizer muscles.

I got in a solid chest workout last night. As I've mentioned before, this is the first time in my life that I've actually lifted heavy. Everything up to this point has been circuits with lighter weight or body weight workouts. I'm already starting to notice a huge change in not only my strength levels, but also my body composition. My biggest challenge is learning proper form before I get too crazy.

So far I've hit chest, shoulders and arms this week. Tonight is back, which is my favorite, probably because it's my strongest area since I've been doing pullups for the last few years. Even though I know it's not very impressive, I was shrugging 185 lbs for my last set of 10 on Tuesday night. It was still a little light, especially since I got 10 reps for my last set, but it made me feel a sense of accomplishment to be doing my own body weight. The other funny thing is that only a few weeks ago I was shrugging 90 lbs on a machine and was struggling. I guess I'm making progress.

awesome progress!!

Thanks man!

I've decided that I'm not going to reload this weekend. I think I'm going to continue low carbing it for at least the next 7 days in order to see if I make any progress on the scale. So far I've been reloading on the weekends, which boosts me up to around 192 lbs and then by Friday I'm back down to 185 again. I think I'm still burning fat because my body composition is visibly changing, but I want to keep my body in fat burning mode so I can get a little closer to where I want to be. I guess we'll see what happens.

As promised earlier this week, this is my latest progress pic.

http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/im...6ymv70250.jpeg

I'm figuring I still have about 20 lbs to lose.

I had a relatively relaxing weekend. I didn't get any workouts in, but on Saturday I shoveled and wheel barrowed about 10 tons of stone to help my Dad landscape around his pool. And to think, I planned on taking the kiddos over there so I could swim..... At the end of the day I got about an hour in the pool compared to 8 hours in the 90 degree heat and sun............. it still felt good to bust a$$ all day and then get in the pool and lounge around for a while.

I've got chest today. Should be a good one too since my buddy and I have both taken the last few days off.

Alright, so if you have been reading my Keto log you will know that I'm relatively new to the weight lifting thing. The last month has been quite a learning process for me. Last night I had a bit of a revalation. We were working chest (in our ghetto garage setup) and my shoulders were murdering me after doing flat bench and incline bench. We moved into dumbbell flat and incline and I was barely able to push 45's for my first set. For my last set I was down to 30's and couldn't get my reps in. After discussing a few things with my neighbor, he was going over some technique with me and I realized something. When I'm benching with the straight bar, my hands are way too close together. The issue is that my neighbor's bar is under 6' long. He's had the bar for quite a while and it works for him because it's perfect for his reach. It turns out that even though we're the same height, each of my arms are about 6" longer than his. Well, I ordered an 84" straight bar last night. It makes me feel a little better that I'm only able to get 150 lbs for my final set.....since I'm technically doing close grip and barely able to utilize my chest. I'm looking forward to chest next week rather than loathing it like I have been. It's definitely my weakest area, but I know it will be rapidly improving now.

We knocked out a decent back workout last night. Got in some pullups, deadlift, regular and reverse grip bent over rows and dumbbell rows. I'm growing to love back day. It's mostly due to the fact that it's my strongest area and I am already outdoing my workout partner. Of course, he's got me every other day. :P One of the biggest things that worried me about deadlifting was hurting my lower back. I've paid a lot of attention to proper form watching videos online and I'm gathering that I applied what I've learned since my lower back feels perfectly fine this morning. We worked our sets from 15,12,8,6 reps for each exercise. My last six deadlifts I was using about 160 lbs, which still felt light, but we're currently limited to the weight we have and I'm trying to focus on technique for now. We'll be investing in some larger plates soon.

TrueIrishTexan is just really nice. (+1000) TrueIrishTexan is just really nice. (+1000) TrueIrishTexan is just really nice. (+1000) TrueIrishTexan is just really nice. (+1000) TrueIrishTexan is just really nice. (+1000) TrueIrishTexan is just really nice. (+1000) TrueIrishTexan is just really nice. (+1000) TrueIrishTexan is just really nice. (+1000) TrueIrishTexan is just really nice. (+1000) TrueIrishTexan is just really nice. (+1000) TrueIrishTexan is just really nice. (+1000)
    Man I wanna say, I been following your post since March. I am very proud of you for all your hard work and efforts. Your progress is not going unoticed. Keep doing well and stay strong man. Sometimes we slip and have those bad eating days but we pick ourselves back up and keep moving, but again looked at your before and after pics from when you started till now. Awesome progress. Well done!

Originally Posted by TrueIrishTexan View Post
    Man I wanna say, I been following your post since March. I am very proud of you for all your hard work and efforts. Your progress is not going unoticed. Keep doing well and stay strong man. Sometimes we slip and have those bad eating days but we pick ourselves back up and keep moving, but again looked at your before and after pics from when you started till now. Awesome progress. Well done!
    Thanks man. I appreciate it!

Yesterday was arms. Reverse grip curls and reverse grip bench was a killer!

I'm happy with the strength I'm gaining in my triceps. We do a skull crusher exercise with the curl bar at the end of the workout where we lay down on the flat bench and do 8 reps to the chin, 8 reps to the forehead and 8 reps where we extend the bar from our forehead straight out almost parallel with the floor. Basically it's 24 reps without rest, 3 sets. Last night I doubled my weight from the previous week, so that was a pretty big accomplishment for me.

After a nice recovery weekend we were back at it last night with a solid chest workout. My new straight bar came in, so I was able to do flat bench and inclines with proper form and the correct grip width. My final set weight increased by 35 lbs for inclines, so I was pretty happy about that. My last real set on the flat bench was 2 reps @ 155 lbs. I attempted 170 after I was completely burnt out, but couldn't get it. At this point, I'm definitely progressing quickly strength-wise and my body seems to be changing every day. At this point I'm pretty happy with my progress.

Well, I did my first few sets of cleans last night. I'm loving them and have to admit that I'm getting pretty well addicted to lifting. It seems like I've been missing out on this all these years, but it's never too late, right?

Anyways, I've been reloading on the weekends which has not been pretty. I've more or less been caving to temptation rather than planning out clean reloads due to the fact that I take my kiddos and visit my parents' house every Saturday. My fat loss is stalling out due to the refeeds, so I'm going to stop them at least for a few weeks so I can shock my system back into fat burning mode. It's counterproductive for me, at this point, to cut all week and then build up this wall of glycogen that I have to tear down again. Luckily I'm not going to visit my parents, so I will have a much easier time sticking to Keto this weekend. The only thing that blows is that I'm flying to Virginia for work Thursday and Friday of next week.....so that will be challenging......plus I'll miss my Thursday workout.

Alright, change of plans.......I'll be in VA Weds - Friday so I'll only get in one workout next Monday night. Hopefully the hotel has a gym, but I doubt it.

Decent back workout last night, pullups, deadlift, bent over reverse grip rows, dumbbell rows. Reps were 16,12,8,6 increasing weight each set. I'm starting to feel quite a bit stronger and much more confident in regards to my lifts.

On a side note, one of the women I work with told me today that I need to stop losing weight. Surprisingly, she's fit....normally that's a comment I would get from a fatty mcfatterson. Clearly, out of respect, I asked her if she's smoking PCP. I've come a long way, but I still have a ways to go. My next challenge is eating clean (keto) all next week while I'm away. The biggest challenge will be breakfast due to the fact that they normally serve freaking bagels and donuts for breakfast.

Originally Posted by yabbyshmabby View Post
    Alright, change of plans.......I'll be in VA Weds - Friday so I'll only get in one workout next Monday night. Hopefully the hotel has a gym, but I doubt it.

Decent back workout last night, pullups, deadlift, bent over reverse grip rows, dumbbell rows. Reps were 16,12,8,6 increasing weight each set. I'm starting to feel quite a bit stronger and much more confident in regards to my lifts.

On a side note, one of the women I work with told me today that I need to stop losing weight. Surprisingly, she's fit....normally that's a comment I would get from a fatty mcfatterson. Clearly, out of respect, I asked her if she's smoking PCP. I've come a long way, but I still have a ways to go. My next challenge is eating clean (keto) all next week while I'm away. The biggest challenge will be breakfast due to the fact that they normally serve freaking bagels and donuts for breakfast.
    once you have those doughnuts and bagels for a feww days will make it alot harder to go back to dieting trust me it happened to me

Yeah, I've had a couple dirty carb days during the weekend reloads. Normally I feel like garbage afterwards. If there isn't anything acceptable for breakfast I may just have to skip it and make up for it during lunch.

Well, business trip to VA went well last week. I'm glad to be back and getting ready to hit it hard tonight.

I don't remember if I mentioned this in a previous post, but I've been an on and off smoker for quite some time. About two years ago I started smoking again here and there, which lead back into becoming a regular smoker. After some contemplating last night, I've decided to quit, hopefully for good this time. Now that I've made quite a bit of progress, I want to continue on and become healthier. I've also been considering working in some HIIT cardio in a few weeks......or maybe just starting to run again. I don't know, we'll see.

Chest tonight!

whats up yabby? looks like yourt having trouble being consistent with your log, hey me too, but im finally back on track working out and dieting

Originally Posted by brentbonifasold View Post
    whats up yabby? looks like yourt having trouble being consistent with your log, hey me too, but im finally back on track working out and dieting
    Haha! Yeah, I haven't been very consitent lately due to things getting pretty hectic between work and my kiddos. I'm hitting up the beach in a couple weeks for vacay, so I've stopped keto for now. So far I've been eating clean, keeping carbs and cheats down, and have dropped another 3 lbs or so. When I get back from vacation at the end of the month, I'll jump back on keto.

My boy starts conditioning for football next week and it's going to completely eff with my workout schedule. Basically his practices are from 6-8 PM, so that doesn't leave a window for me to get in a workout. I'm sure I'll figure something out, but I have every intention to extend my goals and get tore up.

As mentioned last week, I'm continuing to eat clean (non-keto) until 7/22, which will be the end of my vacation. On 7/23 I will jump back on keto. In the meantime, I have to come up with another realistic goal for myself. I'm having a difficult time deciding if I want to continue to cut weight. One issue that I'm having is that my son has just started football practice, so I'm tied up until 8 PM every night after work (I'm horrible with late night or early morning workouts). This seriously hinders my weight lifting workouts and only leaves room for cardio and bodyweight workouts. Originally, my plan was to continue lifting heavy and add mass, but attempt to remain at about 185 lbs. Now I'm thinking that my only option is to continue cutting weight and get as shredded as I can.....at least until I have more free time after work to start lifting heavy again. Any thoughts?

Alright, I've finally manned up and made a decision in regards to setting a goal. By 9/30/12 my goal is to cut down to 175 lbs and hopefully by that point, be able to see some ab definition. I spoke with my workout partner, and since he's going to start hitting the gym during the early morning hours again (something I can't do being a single father), I am going to move all of our accumulated free weights into my place. I figure I'll be lifting at least 3-4 days/week and will also be targeting on my core. This is something that I hate doing, but I plan on following Ab Ripper X, which has thoroughly kicked my a$$ in the past. Over the next week while I'm at the beach I'm going to be researching different workouts.

If anyone has suggestions it would be helpful. Mind you, I'm limited to a flat bench, straight bar, curl bar and dumbbells. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey Yabby, nice progress.

Maybe try some kettle-bell routines with your dumbells... particularly high-intensity interval, like stuff. I'd be concerned with hitting my legs without a squat rack... but there's always step ups and bulgarian split squats with that bench.

I noticed further up that you're having trouble eating clean... I've more and more become concerned with food quality (grass fed, no artificial stuff, very little dairy) and I believe its made a tremendous difference in my performance.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=608052853&posted=1#post608052853

BEARS, CUBS, BULLS, HAWKS, SOX, MMA

Originally Posted by DustyChicago View Post
    Hey Yabby, nice progress.

Maybe try some kettle-bell routines with your dumbells... particularly high-intensity interval, like stuff. I'd be concerned with hitting my legs without a squat rack... but there's always step ups and bulgarian split squats with that bench.

I noticed further up that you're having trouble eating clean... I've more and more become concerned with food quality (grass fed, no artificial stuff, very little dairy) and I believe its made a tremendous difference in my performance.
    Thanks Dusty. Yeah, I will definitely be limited to specific exercises, but will make an effort to incorporate every area into my routine. I've dont kettle bells in the past and plan on working them in now as well.

I can't really say that I've been having trouble eating clean, but I can say that I have been letting myself reload on the weekends with dirty carbs. I agree with limiting dairy. The past has proven that dairy, as well as sodium, hinders my progress.