Thread: Indoor Cardio

Registered User TaurusPride1988's Avatar
    TaurusPride1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Indoor Cardio

What are some very effective indoor cardio exersices? I get out and jog, jump rope, and workout at the gym once a while, but can't be out the house too much because of my job and watching my grandmother, so I was wondering I good cardio workout indoor while I'm in the house?

traineeh is on a distinguished road. (+10) traineeh is on a distinguished road. (+10) traineeh is on a distinguished road. (+10) traineeh is on a distinguished road. (+10) traineeh is on a distinguished road. (+10) traineeh is on a distinguished road. (+10) traineeh is on a distinguished road. (+10) traineeh is on a distinguished road. (+10) traineeh is on a distinguished road. (+10) traineeh is on a distinguished road. (+10) traineeh is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    run up and down your staircase
    burpees
    buy a treadmill or a stationary bike

good luck!

ramone2485 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ramone2485 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ramone2485 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ramone2485 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ramone2485 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ramone2485 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ramone2485 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ramone2485 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ramone2485 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ramone2485 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ramone2485 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This doesn't require ANY machines or equipment to do: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ir0jp-MU42o. I did this for a few weeks. I can personally tell you...this was very intense cardio!

lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    jump rope
    run in place
    stair climbing
    opol
    pocket pool
    love making
    chores
    jumping jacks
    shadow boxing
    real boxing

Registered User missiontomuscle's Avatar
    missiontomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) missiontomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) missiontomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) missiontomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) missiontomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) missiontomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) missiontomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) missiontomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) missiontomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) missiontomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) missiontomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Buy a 12 inch standard jumping stool (sold online). There's all sorts of things you can do here. Start out with basic stepping (I don't know your cardio fitness level). If basic stepping is easy, that's your warm-up. To increase intensity:

1) Step up and down as rapidly as possible
    2) Jog up and down on the stool
    3) Jump up and down as quickly as possible (using feet at same time)
    4) Do lunge steps. This is a move done in step classes if you don't know the term. (Couldn't find a youtube demo)
    5) Add a hop to the lunge steps. The bigger the hop, the more intense.
    6) Repeaters. On one leg only, step up and down repeatedly, making sure to be in a fully straightened position at the top before coming back down. Keep the foot in the same spot on the stool as you go up and down, only briefly touching the other foot to the floor each time. Do 10 each leg, then 9, then 8, all the way to 1, and tell me you're not breathing hard at the end.
    7) Straddle step. Instead of stepping forward, straddle the stool and alternate stepping on it from the straddle position.
    8) Straddle jumps.
    9) Hold hand weights to add more intensity.
    10) Intensity is manipulated by quickness, height of jumping and holding dumbbells.

Just 30 minutes of doing some or all of these will give you a hard cardio workout. Until you get a stool, you can add squat jumps, pike jumps and switch lunge jumps to what you're already doing. If you have a staircase, bunny hop it up, run down, bunny hop it up, for 10 minutes straight. If intense enough, just 10 minutes of hard cardio will give you a training effect.

You might also want to consider buying a step class stepper and risers, and a step class video (they come in different levels).
    About Me:
    Ben Basos is the writer of the extremely popular Mission to Muscle blog, which documented his “must see” 12 week transformation from flabby to fit. Ben also holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Human Movement studies, and dedicates his time to keeping lean, fit and healthy.

MissiontoMuscle.com

Originally Posted by traineeh View Post
    run up and down your staircase
    burpees
    buy a treadmill or a stationary bike

good luck!
    I don't have a staircase, burpees sounds good though and don't have enough room for a treadmill or a stationary bike, but thanks for the advice though.
    Your inspiration is your challenge and the guy in the mirror is your only opponent.

Originally Posted by missiontomuscle View Post
    Buy a 12 inch standard jumping stool (sold online). There's all sorts of things you can do here. Start out with basic stepping (I don't know your cardio fitness level). If basic stepping is easy, that's your warm-up. To increase intensity:

1) Step up and down as rapidly as possible
    2) Jog up and down on the stool
    3) Jump up and down as quickly as possible (using feet at same time)
    4) Do lunge steps. This is a move done in step classes if you don't know the term. (Couldn't find a youtube demo)
    5) Add a hop to the lunge steps. The bigger the hop, the more intense.
    6) Repeaters. On one leg only, step up and down repeatedly, making sure to be in a fully straightened position at the top before coming back down. Keep the foot in the same spot on the stool as you go up and down, only briefly touching the other foot to the floor each time. Do 10 each leg, then 9, then 8, all the way to 1, and tell me you're not breathing hard at the end.
    7) Straddle step. Instead of stepping forward, straddle the stool and alternate stepping on it from the straddle position.
    8) Straddle jumps.
    9) Hold hand weights to add more intensity.
    10) Intensity is manipulated by quickness, height of jumping and holding dumbbells.

Just 30 minutes of doing some or all of these will give you a hard cardio workout. Until you get a stool, you can add squat jumps, pike jumps and switch lunge jumps to what you're already doing. If you have a staircase, bunny hop it up, run down, bunny hop it up, for 10 minutes straight. If intense enough, just 10 minutes of hard cardio will give you a training effect.

You might also want to consider buying a step class stepper and risers, and a step class video (they come in different levels).
    Thanks I definitely will give this routine a try
    Your inspiration is your challenge and the guy in the mirror is your only opponent.