xAFMFDSx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xAFMFDSx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xAFMFDSx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xAFMFDSx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xAFMFDSx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xAFMFDSx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Body fat percentage roughly 16.7% how much could I lower it by in 3 months?

How much could I lower my bodyfat by in 3 months. Its roughly 16.7% now.
    Last edited by xAFMFDSx; 06-09-2012 at 09:54 AM.

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by xAFMFDSx View Post
    How much could I lower my bodyfat by in 3 months.
    Strength train and calorie deficit.
    Its roughly 16.7% now.
    If you are at 16.7 % BF @ your stats, you would be pretty ripped, how are you measuring BF?

kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz
    The leaner we get, the harder it becomes. With a spot on diet, women can normally drop 1% every few weeks.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

catskills will become famous soon enough. (+50) catskills will become famous soon enough. (+50) catskills will become famous soon enough. (+50) catskills will become famous soon enough. (+50) catskills will become famous soon enough. (+50) catskills will become famous soon enough. (+50) catskills will become famous soon enough. (+50) catskills will become famous soon enough. (+50) catskills will become famous soon enough. (+50) catskills will become famous soon enough. (+50) catskills will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    How much could I lower my bodyfat by in 3 months. Its roughly 16.7% now.
    You could probably get to about 13% if you were lifting and were meticulous with your diet. Fat loss is very slow once you get into the teens.

xAFMFDSx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xAFMFDSx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xAFMFDSx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xAFMFDSx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xAFMFDSx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xAFMFDSx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I know its proably not an accurate measurment because i havent used calipers or anything. I just used the bodybuilding.com calculator - measure neck,waist,hip,wrist,height,weight and then it calculates it.

I wouldnt say im ripped so i guess its not very accurate but i am slim and i can see my abs and my arms and shoulders are quite toned. My glutes and my legs are the worst part of me they need alot of toning up. I dont have a huge change to make but i do want to gain more muscle and definition and i deff have fat to lose.

If you saw a pic of me could you make a guess as i think my bodyfat % may be higher than 16.7% if i should be ripped at that percentage. Im quite new to weight training so i havent got alot of knowledge on any of this.

Do you think it would be realistic to say i could lower it by maybe 3% in 3 months??

Kimm4 - you are the same height and weight as me but you have alot more muscle than me. By looking at photos my body fat percentage is higher than yours. Wat is your BF% currently if you dont mind me asking?
    Last edited by xAFMFDSx; 06-09-2012 at 02:31 PM.

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You are getting far too caught up in the numbers. Bodyfat % means nothing if you like what you see in the mirror. It would help to know what your lifting experience is (1,3,5 rep maxs), what kind of diet you are currently following, and a photo would help.

Without looking at a photo, I am going to guess that you may want to think about a bulk before you lean out.

Yes i probably am getting to caught up in numbers. Really i just want to know if ill see a noticable difference within 3 months. My current routine and diet is roughly like this; -

Diet;
    morning - whey protein, oats with almond milk.
    mid-morning - salmon,veg
    afternoon - almonds, banana, whey protein.
    mid-afternoon - turkey, brown rice, salad
    Gym
    evening - egg white omelette, veg.

Training:
    mon - back and biceps, HIIT
    tues - chest and triceps, HIIT
    weds - Legs and glutes
    thurs - shoulders and abs, HIIT
    fri- glutes and abs, HIIT
    sat - Rest day or yoga
    sun- full body

Thats just a rough example. I have only just started this routine i was currently looking for a different plan but i think maybe i should stick this out and see if it works for me. TBH im pretty clueless and confused about what would be best for me.

Would you change/improve this in anyway??

oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yes i probably am getting to caught up in numbers. Really i just want to know if ill see a noticable difference within 3 months. My current routine and diet is roughly like this; -

Diet;
    morning - whey protein, oats with almond milk.
    mid-morning - salmon,veg
    afternoon - almonds, banana, whey protein.
    mid-afternoon - turkey, brown rice, salad
    Gym
    evening - egg white omelette, veg.

Training:
    mon - back and biceps, HIIT
    tues - chest and triceps, HIIT
    weds - Legs and glutes
    thurs - shoulders and abs, HIIT
    fri- glutes and abs, HIIT
    sat - Rest day or yoga
    sun- full body

Thats just a rough example. I have only just started this routine i was currently looking for a different plan but i think maybe i should stick this out and see if it works for me. Would you change/improve this in anyway??
    Uhhh... Do you eat any fat? WHy do you want to lose more body fat (16.7% would look fabulous)? How long have you been training? Do you have any pics?
    "Start where you are. It's never too late to change your life."

I thougth there was fats in fish and nuts? what other fats should i include?
    I dont think i am 16.7% i think i must be higher i only used the calculator on here and thats what it came out as it asked for my measurements -
    neck-12 inches
    waist-25 inches
    hips-32 inches
    height-5ft 4inches
    weight-124lbs

Then it told me i was 16.7% from these but i havent ever measured it properly with calipers or anything so im guessing id be higher because everyones telling id be ripped at that and im not.

Ive always been active and ive been going to the gym alot for the last couple of years but ive been a bit of a cardio queen. Ive only been weight training for a few months but i havent been very consistent so i havent seen much change but i didnt expect to. Recently over the last 4 weeks i have kept to this plan and i have noticed small changes mainly in my arms and shoulders. I want to step it up and get some real results over the next few months so id appreciate any help and advice.
    Last edited by xAFMFDSx; 06-09-2012 at 03:36 PM.

catskills will become famous soon enough. (+50) catskills will become famous soon enough. (+50) catskills will become famous soon enough. (+50) catskills will become famous soon enough. (+50) catskills will become famous soon enough. (+50) catskills will become famous soon enough. (+50) catskills will become famous soon enough. (+50) catskills will become famous soon enough. (+50) catskills will become famous soon enough. (+50) catskills will become famous soon enough. (+50) catskills will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I wouldnt say im ripped so i guess its not very accurate but i am slim and i can see my abs and my arms and shoulders are quite toned. My glutes and my legs are the worst part of me they need alot of toning up. I dont have a huge change to make but i do want to gain more muscle and definition and i deff have fat to lose.

If you saw a pic of me could you make a guess as i think my bodyfat % may be higher than 16.7% if i should be ripped at that percentage. Im quite new to weight training so i havent got alot of knowledge on any of this.
    When I was at that BF % you couldn't see any definition on me at all. When I am at 13% the definition starts to come out. Hydration levels also play a part in the look. When I dropped from 16 to 13 I also lost a lot of water and I look completely different even though there is very little difference in actual fat loss.

catskills - Thank you for your reply. I guess everyone looks different at different percentages then. Would you think it would be a realistic goal for me to get to 13% in 3 months?

catskills - Thank you for your reply. I guess everyone looks different at different percentages then. Would you think it would be a realistic goal for me to get to 13% in 3 months?
    I had a DEXA scan done around the beginning of January. I was at 16.6% BF. I then bulked for 3 months, although I didn't have another scan done right at the end of the bulk I estimated I put on 3lbs of muscle and 1 lb of fat, and a lot of water weight during the 3 month bulk. (my starting point pic on my profile is roughly what I looked like at the end of the bulk). My BF at the end of the bulk was still around 16%. Then I started on the cut and I have been cutting since then. The cut started roughly at the beginning of april and last Thursday (June 7th) I had another DEXA which showed that I had reduced my BF to 13%. The change in BF had to do with the added muscle plus the loss of fat from the bulk/lean cycle. I think the fat loss was roughly 4.5 lbs.

So yes I think it is possible for you to do it in 3 months. You could reduce your fat by just cutting and that will lower your BF % or you can do it by re-comping which is what I am trying to do, and that basically is building up lean muscle mass and then dropping BF. But I think the re-comping might take a bit longer because it took me from January to the beginning of June which is 5 months. But if your BF is correct, you have more lean body mass than I do so when you drop your BF level you might look "better than me." I am uncomfortable with the skinny look so the re-comping is important for me in that I am trying to build up my lean body mass.

Thank you very much for your reply

I do think i need a bulking phase as i deff need to build up more muscle and i want to lose some fat aswell so i guess i need to look at the best way to do this for myself and not worry so much about how long it will take me. Thanks again for your help.

Kanagnostou is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kanagnostou is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kanagnostou is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kanagnostou is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kanagnostou is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kanagnostou is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kanagnostou is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kanagnostou is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kanagnostou is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kanagnostou is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kanagnostou is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by acrawlingchaos View Post
    Strength train and calorie deficit. If you are at 16.7 % BF @ your stats, you would be pretty ripped, how are you measuring BF?
    Not true. I'm a female, 5'1, 109 lbs with 16.7% body fat and I am only toned in certain areas. Shoulders, back, abs. My legs and glutes are jiggly and I have cellulite if I squeeze the fat on my booty lol

oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Kanagnostou View Post
    Not true. I'm a female, 5'1, 109 lbs with 16.7% body fat and I am only toned in certain areas. Shoulders, back, abs. My legs and glutes are jiggly and I have cellulite if I squeeze the fat on my booty lol
    Then you probably aren't 16.7%. How are you getting measured?
    "Start where you are. It's never too late to change your life."