Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    SickStory is not very well liked. (-100) SickStory is not very well liked. (-100) SickStory is not very well liked. (-100) SickStory is not very well liked. (-100) SickStory is not very well liked. (-100) SickStory is not very well liked. (-100) SickStory is not very well liked. (-100) SickStory is not very well liked. (-100) SickStory is not very well liked. (-100) SickStory is not very well liked. (-100) SickStory is not very well liked. (-100)
    He's trolling you son

Cactusflower in training Crazy Monkey's Avatar
    Crazy Monkey is just really nice. (+1000) Crazy Monkey is just really nice. (+1000) Crazy Monkey is just really nice. (+1000) Crazy Monkey is just really nice. (+1000) Crazy Monkey is just really nice. (+1000) Crazy Monkey is just really nice. (+1000) Crazy Monkey is just really nice. (+1000) Crazy Monkey is just really nice. (+1000) Crazy Monkey is just really nice. (+1000) Crazy Monkey is just really nice. (+1000) Crazy Monkey is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Mullahz218 View Post
    Going to 2 doctors on different occasions about my back problems, I'm 99% sure it's a pinched nerve based on what I've read on this forum and the research I've done on the internet.

Doctor 1(Family Doctor):

Oh you train in a Gym? go consult trainers in your gym, it's probably muscle ache and should pass in a few days with rest.

Doctor 2(Orthopedic doctor):

Oh you train in a gym? it's probably muscle ache. You know, you don't need to lift heavy to get results in the gym!!!! high reps low weight that's how you get muscly (SRS, his exact words)
    Why are miscers so ignorant about doctors?

mikeditka is a name known to all. (+5000) mikeditka is a name known to all. (+5000) mikeditka is a name known to all. (+5000) mikeditka is a name known to all. (+5000) mikeditka is a name known to all. (+5000) mikeditka is a name known to all. (+5000) mikeditka is a name known to all. (+5000) mikeditka is a name known to all. (+5000) mikeditka is a name known to all. (+5000) mikeditka is a name known to all. (+5000) mikeditka is a name known to all. (+5000)
    My stereotype of chiros: a bunch of chubby old hippies who eat vegan-queer diets, and have an odd used car salesman vibe

My stereotype of MD's (talking GP's under 50): I'm just stuck on how STUNNED I am that they completed medical school at all...srs. I had some kidney pain awhile back...the guy had no clue what OPPQRST is, pretty much just wrote down everything I said. Told me," I admit, it's weird...idk" and charged me $200. (and yes he did want to stick a finger up my butt when the symptoms where NOTHING indicating prostate what-so-ever...I declined.) Then, there was the time I decided to just get a physical with an MD b/c my heartbeat is very irregular (BP 100/62...resting pulse 48 and irregular...come at me.) Anyways, dude writes me a 'scrip for anti-depressants.

B/c "the research says" anti-depressants are good for arrhythmic heart-beat. In fact, "the research" (which is bought and paid for) says anti-depressants are good for EVERYTHING

brb need to sell some more *****/Lexipro/whatever
    brb need to pay for more research
    brb has your doctor talked to you about Abilify...the anti-depressant for people who are already on an anti-depressant?

lulz

orangebrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) orangebrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) orangebrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) orangebrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) orangebrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) orangebrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) orangebrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) orangebrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) orangebrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) orangebrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) orangebrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by YungKDaGawd View Post
    Doctors are not infallible gods of knowledge; they don't know anything about lifting because they never learned about it
    Obviously they dont know everything, but they know a whole lot about it. And since they stay on science, they will recommend high reps (12+) and not going to failure (low weight).

mikeditka is a name known to all. (+5000) mikeditka is a name known to all. (+5000) mikeditka is a name known to all. (+5000) mikeditka is a name known to all. (+5000) mikeditka is a name known to all. (+5000) mikeditka is a name known to all. (+5000) mikeditka is a name known to all. (+5000) mikeditka is a name known to all. (+5000) mikeditka is a name known to all. (+5000) mikeditka is a name known to all. (+5000) mikeditka is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Crazy Monkey View Post
    Why are miscers so ignorant about doctors?
    brb "consult with the trainers at your gym"
    brb that's $200
    brb do you need some anti-depressants...srsly?

GrizzlyBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GrizzlyBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GrizzlyBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GrizzlyBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GrizzlyBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GrizzlyBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GrizzlyBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GrizzlyBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GrizzlyBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GrizzlyBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GrizzlyBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Whenever my doc tries talking to me about lifting, I just smile and nod. Back in HS I had to take 3 months off lifting though,when I had to go to physical therapy, the guy told me not to until my injury got better, and so my parents didn't let me lift at all, it sucked.
    -Former Fatty
    -Positive Crew
    -Aesthetics Crew

Location: ŋј,υѕα ŋј,υѕα ŋј,υѕα ŋј,υѕα ŋј,υѕα ŋј,υѕα ŋј,υѕα ŋ&#1112
    LAWofNJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LAWofNJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LAWofNJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LAWofNJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LAWofNJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LAWofNJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LAWofNJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LAWofNJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LAWofNJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LAWofNJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LAWofNJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    the moral of the story is to just pick a health care provider who is also a MISCer.
    nj all day

dodgybob is just really nice. (+1000) dodgybob is just really nice. (+1000) dodgybob is just really nice. (+1000) dodgybob is just really nice. (+1000) dodgybob is just really nice. (+1000) dodgybob is just really nice. (+1000) dodgybob is just really nice. (+1000) dodgybob is just really nice. (+1000) dodgybob is just really nice. (+1000) dodgybob is just really nice. (+1000) dodgybob is just really nice. (+1000)
    Pretty sure it's lupus bro.
    ^^Skinny/Slim girls crew^^
    OFFICIAL Language Learning Crew
    Misc Lawyers Crew

Ausbrah.

Bench PR 107.5kg
    Squat PR 145kg
    Dead PR 210kg

jpream has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpream has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpream has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpream has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpream has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpream has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpream has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpream has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpream has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpream has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpream has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    tell them it's starting to make you depressed. You'll get instant results, that's what i had to do and it turns out it was and is a serious problem

bigdudechris will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigdudechris will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigdudechris will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigdudechris will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigdudechris will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigdudechris will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigdudechris will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigdudechris will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigdudechris will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigdudechris will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigdudechris will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    if it persists i would definatly go see another doc but i would go with what they say

TypeZero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TypeZero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TypeZero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TypeZero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TypeZero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TypeZero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TypeZero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TypeZero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TypeZero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TypeZero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TypeZero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    They don't encourage lifting heavy at all because of all the health problems it causes...and to be a doctor in america is a joke. All you need is persistance and to make a passable grade. Yes it's difficult but most of these doctors end up taking the exam 8 times over.
    The Jerk store called, they're running out of you!

SkatDaddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Really?

Originally Posted by frank112 View Post
    He's right. Most doctor's are just guessing unless they have observational and corroborative evidence that shows what the actual issue is.

Educated and trained is great but in the end they're just human beings who constantly try to enhance and/or defend the impression of professional expertise to their clients. So they'll spout off crap in a confident tone even in cases when they're not sure wtf they're saying.
    I am a med student. Assuming that The physician at least put a bit of pressure on the area, he felt it was not necessary to test further. He basically called u a wuss and felt that you wer wasting his time or maybe pill hunting. If you are worried and it impedes you that much, explain that you really want an MRI.

ElliottSmith will become famous soon enough. (+50) ElliottSmith will become famous soon enough. (+50) ElliottSmith will become famous soon enough. (+50) ElliottSmith will become famous soon enough. (+50) ElliottSmith will become famous soon enough. (+50) ElliottSmith will become famous soon enough. (+50) ElliottSmith will become famous soon enough. (+50) ElliottSmith will become famous soon enough. (+50) ElliottSmith will become famous soon enough. (+50) ElliottSmith will become famous soon enough. (+50) ElliottSmith will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Mullahz218 View Post
    Medical health care is really cheap here, practically free like in almost every country aside US. brb social healthcare
    Taken from your paycheck before you get your hands on the money = free.
    "But when you have resolved to be great, abide by yourself, and do not weakly try to reconcile yourself with the world. The heroic cannot be the common, nor the common the heroic" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/losing-180-pounds-really-does-body-8212-160-163900419.html

▲▼▲5'7" Master Race Crew▲▼▲

Negbro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Negbro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Negbro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Negbro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Negbro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Negbro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Negbro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Negbro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Negbro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Negbro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Negbro is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Crazy Monkey View Post
    back pain is in the top 5 reasons for patients visiting their primary care provider...physicians are trained in it...just saying
    lol, GP's are trained in back pain? What exactly are they going to do... Tell you to take some motrin? Maybe send you for an mri and ship you off to physical therapy?

DolobMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DolobMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DolobMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DolobMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DolobMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DolobMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DolobMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DolobMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DolobMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DolobMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DolobMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Brb asking a Lexus mechanic to fix my Ferrari engine.

What did you what the doctor to honestly do? There is nothing that he could have done that you shouldn't be able to do. A pinched nerves requires rest with light weight deadlifts.

swimmd99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swimmd99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swimmd99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swimmd99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swimmd99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swimmd99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swimmd99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swimmd99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swimmd99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swimmd99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swimmd99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Negbro View Post
    lol, GP's are trained in back pain? What exactly are they going to do... Tell you to take some motrin? Maybe send you for an mri and ship you off to physical therapy?
    use their extensive training to immediately rule in/out any other pathology and if further workup is necessary

a 56yo male with acute back pain has an entirely different approach than say a 16yo boy versus a 25yo with neck stiffness versus 85yo male with history aortic aneurysm versus pregnant patient versus 30yo patient with history of IV drug abuse.....

but I'm pretty certain you can just skip all that training and go right to google (not srs, srs, not srs)

rootcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rootcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rootcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rootcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rootcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rootcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rootcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rootcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rootcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rootcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rootcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Got some readin' to do OP. Type 1 muscle is the most able to hypertrophy (probably also its cousin, type 2a). So IMO your doc is right.

http://suppversity.blogspot.com/2011...-increase.html
    - root console

aleatoric is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aleatoric is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aleatoric is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aleatoric is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aleatoric is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aleatoric is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aleatoric is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aleatoric is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aleatoric is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aleatoric is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aleatoric is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by flairon View Post
    because sometimes the obvious answer is the answer.

what makes you think its a pinched nerve and did you tell this to the doctor? Generally pinched nerves come with tingly extremities possibly twitches, pain when you get to a certain spot..etc.
    This. Try telling the insurance company you dropped 2 grand on an MRI just so the ******* patient could be convinced. The ortho has probably seen thousands of pinched nerves and he'd be able to tell one if you had it.

You also failed to mention the part where your doctor did a physical exam on you. To you it probably meant routine chit but it has real diagnostic value to the physician. If he had seen any indication for further evaluation, he would've done more. No one wants to get sued for malpractice.
    250+ leave a link

++ Positive Crew ++