xAFMFDSx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xAFMFDSx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xAFMFDSx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xAFMFDSx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xAFMFDSx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xAFMFDSx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

I have 3 weeks off work so plenty of time to spend in the gym..workout advise please

Hi,

So I have been weight training for a few months now. I am female and I was new to it so im still not very experienced but i have noticed some small changes to the way i look and feel and i love weight training so far.

I want to get some faster results if possible. I understand that you should go at a steady pace when trying to gain muscle and lose fat and i intend on making this a life style change now for good. However i have 3 weeks off work so plenty of free time to train and i am willing to spend long periods of time training. I have a photoshoot coming up its just for my friend who is a new photographer just starting out and she has asked me if she can do a fitness shoot with me but i dont feel 100% with how i look yet.

Can anyone give me some advise on a diet plan and workout regime i could follow for the next 3 weeks to give me a kick start and some quicker results. I will return to a more steady plan after the 3 weeks and i understand this is a very short time frame i just want to give myself a bit of a kickstart for the shoot, if i can.

Like i said i have 3 weeks off of work so i dont mind how long i spend in the gym and i am happy to follow a strict diet i eat very clean already.

Any advise would be great. Thanks

msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If you're spending more than 1-2 hours in the gym, you're not using a very good routine. I tend to average 90-120 minutes in the gym 3-4x a week and I pretty well exhaust my body from a lifting standpoint. That said, there are even some people who feel you should be able to get in/out and do everything you need to optimally do within an hour of starting. My experience has been those people will go to the gym more frequently.

Point is - the answer isn't always "more time in the gym" but rather tighter control of your diet - especially for an upcoming photo shoot.

xAFMFDSx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xAFMFDSx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xAFMFDSx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xAFMFDSx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xAFMFDSx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xAFMFDSx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hey thank you for the reply. At the moment i tend to spend about an hour to an hour and a half in the gym. Hour weights + half an hour of cardio. 5days on then one days rest and i do cardio on 4 of these days. I dont do cardio on my legs day. My diet is roughly like this;

Meal one: whey protein shake made with water and 1/2cup oats with almond milk.
    Meal two: 6oz turkey/chicken, green veg.
    Meal three: 6oz turkey/chicken, green veg, brown rice.
    Meal four: Protein shake and banana
    GYM
    Meal five: Egg white omlette with veg (5 egg whites).

How would you change this??

nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by xAFMFDSx View Post
    Hey thank you for the reply. At the moment i tend to spend about an hour to an hour and a half in the gym. Hour weights + half an hour of cardio. 5days on then one days rest and i do cardio on 4 of these days. I dont do cardio on my legs day. My diet is roughly like this;

Meal one: whey protein shake made with water and 1/2cup oats with almond milk.
    Meal two: 6oz turkey/chicken, green veg.
    Meal three: 6oz turkey/chicken, green veg, brown rice.
    Meal four: Protein shake and banana
    GYM
    Meal five: Egg white omlette with veg (5 egg whites).

How would you change this??
    a)you are eating like no dietary fat. That's not good.

b) you don't need to eat 5 meals, you can eat 2 or 3 if you want.

c)you don't need to eat so "clean." I would hate life on that diet.
    Don't Drink, Don't Smoke, Watdo you do?
    -----CUT STACK---
    GROUND BEEF
    WHITE BREAD
    CHICKEN
    2% MILK
    BROCCOLI
    LOW FAT ICE CREAM
    THOSE YOGURTS WITH THE CANDY THING ON TOP
    SUGAR FREE JELL-O
    FIBER ONE GRANOLA BARS
    APPLES
    ORANGES
    PICKLES
    COFFEE
    MARLBORO 100's
    MORE COFFEE
    ------------------------------

msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by nlite2000 View Post
    a)you are eating like no dietary fat. That's not good.

b) you don't need to eat 5 meals, you can eat 2 or 3 if you want.

c)you don't need to eat so "clean." I would hate life on that diet.
    ^ That

You need more fat in your diet. At your ht/wt and given your gender, you really shouldn't be aiming for more than 100g of protein a day. An easy fix for some of your fat woes is to use 2-3 whole eggs in lieu of the 5 egg whites. Substitute some of that chicken/turkey for a fattier cut of beef or a nice fatty fish. Get rid of the protein shakes and find 'indulgent' ways of putting more fat in your diet - allocate those calories for some peanut butter, nutella, chocolate cake - something delicious with some butter in it. From the sound of it, you're getting a lot more protein than your body needs and a lot less fat than your body needs. There are literally an unlimited combinations of foods that could fix this problem. As nlite2000 suggested, I would echo that you use those extra un-needed protein calories to give yourself tastes of the things you like to eat when you're otherwise not cutting.

Hi,

I do eat fat i eat almonds and other nuts and seeds and peanut butter and salmon. I make alot of different meals and add herbs and spices ect its not as plain and boring as it sounds thats just a rough guide.

I just tend to always eat oats and protein shake in the morning because im at work and cant cook. I eat a protein shake and banana or almonds ususally before the gym so its light. My meals do vary i make alot of different things turkey chillie, burgers different rice dishes ect. Thats just a rough guide.

Meal one: whey protein and oats
    Meal two: 6oz protein and veg in some form
    Meal three: 6oz protein and veg and a starch (brown rice,sweet potatoe....)
    Meal four: whey protein and banana/almonds something like that.
    GYM
    Meal five: Egg white omlette with veg just quick an easy because i get home late.

Not as plain that was just a rough guide. But i will deff take your advise and lower my protein intake and up my fat intake. Thank you.

Are you able to outline a rough plan you would suggest so i have something to go by?

Read the f***** stickies. justmightbecraz's Avatar
    justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50) justmightbecraz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Besides missing out on things that taste good, the long-term lack of dietary fat will eventually cause a hormonal imbalance, liver failure, and hair loss. Won't look good for anyone's photo shoots then.
    USMC Veteran 2000-2005

Personal
    Responsibility
    In
    Daily
    Efforts

Oct-2011: 340 lbs. ~45% BF Start 1st Cut
    Apr-2012: 263 lbs. ~32% BF
    Oct-2012: 215 lbs. ~23% BF End 1st Cut, Start 1st Bulk

I maybe wasnt very clear at first i was just giving a rough guide. I do eat fats in the form of salmon, nuts, seeds, peanut butter. I dont like sweet food much thats why i tend to not eat cake ect but i do get fat from fish and nuts which i eat reguarly and occasionally peanut butter. I also occasionally eat minced beef and make burgers and stuff with it but i just prefer chicken and turkey and fish so i tend to eat that alot more. Is this not enough? The 6oz of meat i eat is how it weighs uncooked its more 3.5-4oz cooked (dont know if this makes a difference to my protein intake. Dont know if you assumed cooked or uncooked by my measurement).

Thanks for your advise guys i will make sure i have enough fat and the right amount of protein in my diet. Im still learning so appreciate the advise.