Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Beacher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beacher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beacher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beacher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beacher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beacher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beacher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beacher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beacher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beacher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beacher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Looking for your recipes for RippedRecipes.com

My cousin and I have been working on this website for awhile now, the main goal is to have a web site to store all recipes (much like the recipe thread in this forum, which is what inspired us) that are focused on bodybuilding and fitness but with some more features:

- When building a recipe you add each ingredient one by one, which grabs all the nutritional value from a database for each ingredient (much like fitday or livestrong does when tracking your calories for the day). This ensures the recipe's total nutritional value is accurate for anyone else who may use it.

- Easily Search through recipes based on keywords or filter recipes based on specific requirements (ex. show all recipes more then 400 cal, more then 20g protein, and less then 5g fat)

- Automated daily meal plans based on your goals/calorie requirements

- The ability to share any of the recipes (********, twitter, forum embed etc..)

There are lots of other features, but I don't want to get into them until we're live. Right now we're finishing up the site, before we launch we want to have a good amount of recipes to start off with, I only have so many myself, so I came here to see if anyone would be willing to give me the go ahead to use their recipe and (ideally) pictures on RippedRecipes.com, we give credit to the submitter on each recipe, so it wont by any means be used as "our own" (all recipes on our site are submitted by users).

The only requirement is that it's your recipe, it can't be copied and pasted from another site, as the directions (not ingredients) of a recipe are copyrighted.

Anyone who does submit recipes will be the first we contact to try out our site before it's officially launched, as we'll need beta testers to try out the various features of the site. Please feel free to PM or post any recipes (or thoughts/comments) that we can use on he site.

Thanks!

Beacher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beacher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beacher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beacher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beacher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beacher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beacher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beacher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beacher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beacher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beacher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Bump for healthy recipes!

Bowley88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bowley88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bowley88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bowley88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bowley88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bowley88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bowley88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bowley88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bowley88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bowley88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bowley88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Cool Idea.
    ^^Former 300+lb Crew^^

ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Protein Ice Cream

Ingredients:
    1 Cup unsweetened Almond Milk
    1 Cup 1% Cottage Cheese
    1 tsp(the same as one packet) Truvia Sweetener
    2 Tbsp WF Choc. Dip (or Choc. Syrup would work too...gonna try the marshmallow dip at some point)
    1 Tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
    1 tsp Vanilla Extract
    2 Tbsp Peanut Butter
    1 tsp Cornstarch (not necessary but will thicken it up and give it more volume)

Instructions:
    1. Put in a blender
    2. Blend until thick and creamy and all CC curds and gone
    3. Pour into a bowl and let it freeze for a good 4 hours at least
    4. Enjoy

Macros(using my ingredients PM and I can give you each individual macro if you'd really like):
    P: 36.5g
    C: 24.5g
    F: 21g
    Cals: 433

It fills my personal size blender completely and that holds about 16 fluid oz. so it's a pretty large serving
    If you'd like to I'm sure you can remove the PB if it's too high cals and you've hit your fats for the day
    Also, even if it looks like it's done freezing early it's probably not unless you have a flat bowl, the middle takes a while to freeze.

Definitely interested to see where this goes has huge potential.

Thanks ThousandEyes!

I've added your recipe and used a picture I took for my own version of protein ice cream (until we get one for your exact recipe).

Keep in mind we're currently developing, so this isn't the final product, but I thought some visual aid might help of what we have so far, the nutrition panel is automatically calculated on the fly based on the ingredients entered for the recipe. There is also more content further down the page (comments, graphs etc...). Comments and (especially) more recipes are welcome!

1500 raw will be wrecked baxtej44's Avatar
    baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Cool idea, I think it would be better without decimal points unless there is actually a number there.

something followed by .00 is insignificant and would look better without I think.

Also, I just think in general the numbers should be 0.5 or a number without decimal points... but some people prefer to have everything down to a decimal (like oh no my chicken absorbed some of the calories from my marinade)

Originally Posted by baxtej44 View Post
    Cool idea, I think it would be better without decimal points unless there is actually a number there.

something followed by .00 is insignificant and would look better without I think.

Also, I just think in general the numbers should be 0.5 or a number without decimal points... but some people prefer to have everything down to a decimal (like oh no my chicken absorbed some of the calories from my marinade)
    I completely agree, seeing 1.000 is an eye sore, we'll be getting around to formatting of the site soon, we've been spending so much time on the back-end of this site (there is TONS going on behind the scenes), we haven't spent as much time on formatting, but it will be coming soon.

cablesbrah is not very helpful. (-500) cablesbrah is not very helpful. (-500) cablesbrah is not very helpful. (-500) cablesbrah is not very helpful. (-500) cablesbrah is not very helpful. (-500) cablesbrah is not very helpful. (-500) cablesbrah is not very helpful. (-500) cablesbrah is not very helpful. (-500) cablesbrah is not very helpful. (-500) cablesbrah is not very helpful. (-500) cablesbrah is not very helpful. (-500)

Recipe:

2 scoops chocolate whey protein
    1.5 cups jumbo oats
    5 egg whites
    Half a teaspoon vanilla extract
    Two tablespoons of cinnamon
    Handful of pistachio nuts, unsalted
    Half a cup of stevia artificial sweetener or splenda, or aspartame
    A cup and a half of apple sauce, preferable homemade or unsweetened if you can get it
    Handful of dessicated coconut

1. Mix the oats, chocolate protein powder, stevia artificial sweetener, coconut, cinnamon and pistachio nuts in a large bowl.

2. Add the egg whites,vanilla extract and apple sauce to the mix, continue to mix until all ingredients are blended together

3. Roll mixture into small individual balls and flatten out on a baking tray with non-stick spray. Bake at about 130 degrees celcius for about 10-15 minutes until golden.

Macros: 25-30g protein, 30g slow digesting carbs, 10g fat (average) per cookie. Awesome in moderation if cutting, and if bulking, just eat away!

Thanks cablesbrah:

ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThousandEyes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    That looks awesome!!!

Although just wanted to clarify, the WF choc. syrup or dip is 0 cals so it that'd be why our cal count is off :P (I'm strict about that stuff and I can give you macros of each individual ingredient if you'd like)

also here's some pics of mine I think it'd fluff more like real ice cream if I had xanthan gum instead of cornstarch though
    Attached Images

Originally Posted by ThousandEyes View Post
    That looks awesome!!!

Although just wanted to clarify, the WF choc. syrup or dip is 0 cals so it that'd be why our cal count is off :P (I'm strict about that stuff and I can give you macros of each individual ingredient if you'd like)

also here's some pics of mine I think it'd fluff more like real ice cream if I had xanthan gum instead of cornstarch though
    Great! Thanks for the pics, I've updated it with them.

Is this the stuff your using for chocolate dip? http://waldenfarms.com/products/syrup_chocolate.html

If so, think you could get me a pic of the nutrition panel some time? I'll make sure to add the ingredient to our DB.

ya that's it I use the dip though because it's a little less messy...everything Walden Farms is calories free so if anyone says they use WF (Walden Farms ) it's nutritionally 0 on everything.

http://waldenfarms.com/nutrition_facts.html#

^ This will link you to the nutrition facts of anything that they sell, only thing it really has is sodium though.

Looks like I've got some shopping to do myself! That's great, I'll add those to the DB, i'm sure they'll be used again in the future.

Also, if anyone has any suggestions on features they would want to see, feel free to post as well, now is the best time to give input while we're still coding everything.

I'd ask Ainsley if she'd be ok with using her keto recipes on your site...I make a good amount of hers even though I'm not on keto because she has some low cal stuff too and her stuff is definitely interesting. She doesn't always post macros though.

her website sinorslim.com

Thanks! I'll contact her, maybe she'll have a couple she's willing to donate.

Not having macro's is fine, as you add ingredients to the recipe on our site, it automatically calculates the nutritional information.

NDeeps27 is just really nice. (+1000) NDeeps27 is just really nice. (+1000) NDeeps27 is just really nice. (+1000) NDeeps27 is just really nice. (+1000) NDeeps27 is just really nice. (+1000) NDeeps27 is just really nice. (+1000) NDeeps27 is just really nice. (+1000) NDeeps27 is just really nice. (+1000) NDeeps27 is just really nice. (+1000) NDeeps27 is just really nice. (+1000) NDeeps27 is just really nice. (+1000)
    diggin this idea, i just feel like you should make sure it stays BB related. its easy to get it blown out of proprtion and become just another tracking site or just another recipe site for everything or something like that. i like the theme

Protein Pancakes:
    1 large sweat potato (mashed after cooked)
    5 egg whites (or liquid equivalent, ~3/4 cup)
    1-2 scoops protein (vanilla, cinnamon, cinnabun recommended: or similar ones)
    1/2 tsp baking soda

Optional Reccomendations:
    cinnamon
    nutmeg
    top with melted PB
    top with nuts + banana + cool whip
    SF syrup

without optionals:
    ~450 cals :: ~59 CHO :: ~49g Protein :: ~4g fat
    can't out train a bad diet

can't out diet bad training

Originally Posted by NDeeps27 View Post
    diggin this idea, i just feel like you should make sure it stays BB related. its easy to get it blown out of proprtion and become just another tracking site or just another recipe site for everything or something like that. i like the theme

Protein Pancakes:
    1 large sweat potato (mashed after cooked)
    5 egg whites (or liquid equivalent, ~3/4 cup)
    1-2 scoops protein (vanilla, cinnamon, cinnabun recommended: or similar ones)
    1/2 tsp baking soda

Optional Reccomendations:
    cinnamon
    nutmeg
    top with melted PB
    top with nuts + banana + cool whip
    SF syrup

without optionals:
    ~450 cals :: ~59 CHO :: ~49g Protein :: ~4g fat
    We might cater to other types of diets as well (triathletes for example), but I'll figure out a way to easily separate them (I'm thinking tags), so you can set your goal (bodybuilding) in your profile, and search all bodybuilding bulking/cutting etc.. recipes (thanks a lot for the input btw).

I got your recipe in, I made up the directions for now (unless you have better ones), I assumed it would be the same as normal pancakes:

Scruffy77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scruffy77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scruffy77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scruffy77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scruffy77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scruffy77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scruffy77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scruffy77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scruffy77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scruffy77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scruffy77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    for sure making those pancakes tomororow for breakfast
    Arnolds Modern Book of Bodybuilding... a must read for anyone into fitness --> http://amzn.to/1hjtHTq

NDeeps27 is just really nice. (+1000) NDeeps27 is just really nice. (+1000) NDeeps27 is just really nice. (+1000) NDeeps27 is just really nice. (+1000) NDeeps27 is just really nice. (+1000) NDeeps27 is just really nice. (+1000) NDeeps27 is just really nice. (+1000) NDeeps27 is just really nice. (+1000) NDeeps27 is just really nice. (+1000) NDeeps27 is just really nice. (+1000) NDeeps27 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Scruffy77 View Post
    for sure making those pancakes tomororow for breakfast
    do it bro
    the ingredients make the volume so much bigger in these
    it seems like you get so much than any normal protein pancakes ive ever made
    can't out train a bad diet

can't out diet bad training

bump for the morning!

DominicLacey is on a distinguished road. (+10) DominicLacey is on a distinguished road. (+10) DominicLacey is on a distinguished road. (+10) DominicLacey is on a distinguished road. (+10) DominicLacey is on a distinguished road. (+10) DominicLacey is on a distinguished road. (+10) DominicLacey is on a distinguished road. (+10) DominicLacey is on a distinguished road. (+10) DominicLacey is on a distinguished road. (+10) DominicLacey is on a distinguished road. (+10) DominicLacey is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Beacher View Post
    bump for the morning!
    Anoother bump. Nice idea bro, can't wait to see what recipes pop up!

OrcaLifter is just really nice. (+1000) OrcaLifter is just really nice. (+1000) OrcaLifter is just really nice. (+1000) OrcaLifter is just really nice. (+1000) OrcaLifter is just really nice. (+1000) OrcaLifter is just really nice. (+1000) OrcaLifter is just really nice. (+1000) OrcaLifter is just really nice. (+1000) OrcaLifter is just really nice. (+1000) OrcaLifter is just really nice. (+1000) OrcaLifter is just really nice. (+1000)
    great idea op. i'm sure i can find a thing or two my wife makes to contribute.
    Today's actions are the fuel for tomorrow's goals.

Awesome, thanks guys. I'm looking forward to getting some more recipes, once we've got a solid 30-40 with pictures we'll have some recipes to start off with and can launch, once we're live anyone will be able to add recipes so it should build pretty quickly from there.

Final bump to (hopefully) get some more recipes, otherwise, thanks to those who submitted!

braunsHizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) braunsHizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) braunsHizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) braunsHizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) braunsHizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) braunsHizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) braunsHizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) braunsHizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) braunsHizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) braunsHizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) braunsHizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great suggestions, looking forward to using it

Free wacky flailing inflatable arm tube man to those who post recipes (not really).

We still need some more recipes before launch, in talks with food manufacturers now to expand our ingredient database, things are looking up, just need those recipes!

dead-scrapin dem shins holysmokes700's Avatar
    holysmokes700 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holysmokes700 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holysmokes700 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holysmokes700 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holysmokes700 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holysmokes700 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holysmokes700 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holysmokes700 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holysmokes700 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holysmokes700 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holysmokes700 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I work in a cross-media visual communication company. Video, web, audio, light design, photography, etc.

My personal field is company branding ("logos") which does not mean making a cheap crowd-sourced logo, it means studying, and being inside, the whole "skin" of a company or product. Much like the face, which is the most "striking" feature we remember, the logo is often andw rongly seen as the only thing worth investing on. However, the rest of the body needs to be taken care of just as much. For example, making sure that the site, color schemes, business cards, media (future video tutorials for example) are all part of the same "body".

All of this to tell you, since I love the idea, I'd like to contribute and offer my services, free of charge, for your branding.

Also, regarding the front-end....are you using technologies such as ajax (lets users interact with the website dynamically without having to reload the page)?
    I can tell a lot is going on behind the scenes..but make sure you invest the time in the front-end...web users today are spoilt!

Anywho, considering I am one of the founders of the company I work in, I really appreciate your entrepreunerial spirit, and should you need any sort of "communication" needs, i'll always find the time for a fellow bodybuilder.

Originally Posted by holysmokes700 View Post
    I work in a cross-media visual communication company. Video, web, audio, light design, photography, etc.

My personal field is company branding ("logos") which does not mean making a cheap crowd-sourced logo, it means studying, and being inside, the whole "skin" of a company or product. Much like the face, which is the most "striking" feature we remember, the logo is often andw rongly seen as the only thing worth investing on. However, the rest of the body needs to be taken care of just as much. For example, making sure that the site, color schemes, business cards, media (future video tutorials for example) are all part of the same "body".

All of this to tell you, since I love the idea, I'd like to contribute and offer my services, free of charge, for your branding.

Also, regarding the front-end....are you using technologies such as ajax (lets users interact with the website dynamically without having to reload the page)?
    I can tell a lot is going on behind the scenes..but make sure you invest the time in the front-end...web users today are spoilt!

Anywho, considering I am one of the founders of the company I work in, I really appreciate your entrepreunerial spirit, and should you need any sort of "communication" needs, i'll always find the time for a fellow bodybuilder.
    Thanks man, I'm definitely interested, branding we don't have any in-house experience in....although we make an effort, as can be seen by our 404 page: http://www.rippedrecipes.com/dfgdfgdf .. lol, getting some thoughts/input on our logo ideas would be great.

We are using ajax, our comment system for each recipe is real-time within 5 seconds, we'll also be using ajax for search results so the whole page isn't having to reload as well (after BETA testing), among other areas.

wmoush has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Chocolate Peanutbutter Soufle

I eat this before bed a lot. You can add or take away things as you please.

What you need:
    -6 large egg whites
    -1 TBSP natural peanutbutter
    -1/2 scoop chocolate whey
    -1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    -1 packet Stevia
    -1/2 TBSP unsweetened baking cocoa
    -cinnamon (to taste)
    -nonstick cooking spray

Directions:

1. Combine all ingredients except for whey and peanutbutter in a blender and emulsify until the egg mixture is light and frothy.

2. Turn stove on mediums heat and coat a skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Then pour in egg mixture and cover.

3. While the egg mixture is cooking create a "sludge" topping by mixing the peanutbutter and whey with a little bit of water.

4. When egg mixture begins to rise, flip it like a pancake and allow to finish cooking.

5. Top the finished egg pancake/Soufle with chocolate peanutbutter sauce and enjoy!

Helps with sweet cravings and comes out to be about-

P: 41
    F: 8
    C: 8
    Cals: 264

Thanks wmoush, I've added the recipe, and of course, repped.

If you find yourself eating it and feel like taking a pic, send it on over and I'll update the recipe with it.