Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500)

Headbands/sweatbands

I know the Workout Equipment section's usually about the stuff you actually use to exercise with directly, but this is about accessories.

I'd like to know if anybody uses this stuff. I bring a towel with me to wipe up sweat but I find I sweat a large deal (probably carrying too much fat, wearing too much clothing, hair too big) and am doing it constantly to avoid my vision getting obscured by sweat.

It comes down the forward and rolls right into my eyes, and it brings a load of salt (and sometimes eyelashes) with it.

This isn't a replacement for a towel but I've been thinking maybe it would be good to wear a sweat band to keep sweat out of my eyes, plus to hold hair back a bit.

For anyone with experience with these, what are your tips for buying them, washing them, avoiding seeming too strange by wearning them, etc.

Sometimes I think I quit too prematurely simply due to sweating too much rather than being at muscular or lung fatigue, and I'm hoping if I can redirect that flow of liquid I can push myself harder.

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I don't use a headband for gym workouts, but I do use a black skull cap when I ride my bike in cooler conditions. I really like the stuff made by Halo Headbands. Both the headbands and the caps have a thin rubbery strip that runs across the headband where it crosses the forehead. This strip directs accumulated sweat off to the sides of the head where it won't get in the eyes. It has helped greatly when riding my bike. I used to sweat and the helmet padding would sort of dam it up until the helmet moved somewhat at which point it would come streaming down onto my face. Wearing the cap has also caused the padding in the helmet to last a lot longer because it's no longer becoming saturated with sweat.

With regard to care, the caps (and I'd guess the bands too) are machine washable. I think we let them air dry though. (My wife washes it for me, but I'm pretty sure that's what she does.)

I should note that, in the summer, I wear a white skull cap made by Headsweats. I found that I was sunburning my scalp. That ceased to be a problem once I started wearing the skull cap. (I wear a helmet, but the sun shines in through the vents of the helmet.)

Anyway, here's a link to the main site for Halo:

http://store.haloheadband.com/Default.asp

Here's the Headsweats site:

http://www.headsweats.com/
    Last edited by KBKB; 04-15-2012 at 05:47 PM.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #35
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #14

Climbing back to the top. Hizzie's Avatar
    Hizzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hizzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hizzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hizzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hizzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hizzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hizzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hizzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hizzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hizzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hizzie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I like the Under Armour HeatGear beanies. They help but when you tilt you head down for any length of time they drip if saturated.
    Review Page
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=894821

Jimmyboy87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jimmyboy87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jimmyboy87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jimmyboy87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jimmyboy87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jimmyboy87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jimmyboy87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jimmyboy87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jimmyboy87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jimmyboy87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jimmyboy87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Suddora.com is really the be-all / end-all for sweat bands.