BigVince187 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigVince187 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigVince187 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Is this machine for middle back

Hello,

I was wondering if this machine is a good alternative for seated cable rows, since in my gym the pully thingy sucks! Because it's positioned in an angle which makes it sit strange.

I did it one side at the time it felt better then doing them both at once.

Also would you consider the machine over this exercise: http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercise...ine-bench-pull

kind regards,
    Vincent
    ~ ~ ~ The important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become. ~ ~ ~
    ~ ~ ~ Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever. ~ ~ ~

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The gym where I work out has it, and I've tried it a few times. I'm not a fan of that machine at all.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

BigVince187 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigVince187 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigVince187 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DJAuto View Post
    The gym where I work out has it, and I've tried it a few times. I'm not a fan of that machine at all.
    Why not exactly?
    ~ ~ ~ The important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become. ~ ~ ~
    ~ ~ ~ Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever. ~ ~ ~

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BigVince187 View Post
    Why not exactly?
    I just don't like the fell of the movement track itself. I'm a fan of similar plate-loaded machines made by Hammer Strength, but this one just doesn't feel right.

I'm sure it's fine as a replacement if you cannot/don't want to perform the cable rows.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Hello,

I was wondering if this machine is a good alternative for seated cable rows, since in my gym the pully thingy sucks! Because it's positioned in an angle which makes it sit strange.
    I don't know about 'good,' but it's an alternative. If you can feel it actually working your upper back, it should be okay.

It's more about feeling the target muscle working than the name of the exercise/equipment used.

Also would you consider the machine over this exercise: http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercise...ine-bench-pull
    IMO, ^^^^this is a useless exercise. The bench obstructs the barbell, greatly restricting the ROM. I wouldn't bother with it, OP.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    I don't know about 'good,' but it's an alternative. If you can feel it actually working your upper back, it should be okay.

It's more about feeling the target muscle working than the name of the exercise/equipment used.

IMO, ^^^^this is a useless exercise. The bench obstructs the barbell, greatly restricting the ROM. I wouldn't bother with it, OP.
    What about if you do with db's?

I'm maybe going to try the seated cable row, but then one handed. Those grips are smaller and basicly the same principle

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    What about if you do with db's?
    Give it a try; it's a better option than using a barbell if you're going to use an Incline bench for chest support.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/incline-bench-pull is a useless exercise. The bench obstructs the barbell, greatly restricting the ROM
    Reduced RoM isn't necessarily useless, just inferior in a lot of cases. Someone could still get strong training the move. The angle it's being used at and the way his elbows are brought out actually makes it look like a rear delt row.

If he had his elbows in he could probably pull higher, but when they're out like that you're limited in how high you can pull, so he's probably losing less RoM than we think.

A cambered bar could solve the issue, as could doing it with dumbbells. That said, if you were wanting to work on the stretched position, it'd be okay.

anonymous
    technogym make the worst machines, ever. My workplace gym spend a fortune on outfitting the entire facility with these worthless approximations of actual exercise equipment - they are so bad it's unreal, and for a few thousand more they could have got a Life fitness package

So no that machine wouldn't be any use.. just do db rows, BB rows or something instead

Registered User GiuliaTechnogym's Avatar
    GiuliaTechnogym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Low row

Hi guys, I'm Giulia and I work in the web division of Technogym. I'm writing to let you know that Low row (the machine you've posted) can absolutely be considered alternative to the pully. If you want to learn more, you'll find good explanation on this topic

thanks Giulia

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It looks like an iso-lateral row machine. Like DJAUto said, I love the hammer strength versions (or the technogym plate loaded versions).

I am not a big fan of Techno Gym equipment. The last gym I was at had all of their equipment. Overall it isn't terrible, but not ideal for me.

Realistically, OP, try it out. If you get a good contraction in your back with it, then it'll probably do you well.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126418493