davidli2012 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davidli2012 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davidli2012 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davidli2012 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davidli2012 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davidli2012 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Amino Acid L-Form vs. Free Form

What's the difference between taking a regular amino acid supplement (like glutamine) compared to taking its L-form?
    Currently using Gaspari MyoFusion Probiotic Series

Training areas of emphasis: symmetry (strength and size), biceps

Message me if you have any suggestions

fortes fortuna adiuvat itzDodge's Avatar
    itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    l- and d- simply indicate the isomer of molecule and free form indicates it is the single amino not grouped in chains. I think you're confusing two different things. But for example free form BCAAs are the 3 aminos leucine, isoleucine and valine which can all be found in various proteins(such as whey) but fre form aminos will be absorbed more quickly as they don't need to be liberated from the protein chain first, they're already separated.
    NSCA CSCS

Online Coach and Brofessor
    http://www.biggerfastersmarter.com/

davidli2012 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davidli2012 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davidli2012 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davidli2012 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davidli2012 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davidli2012 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    In terms of supplement purchases, is it better to go with a non-L amino, or would it not matter?

fortes fortuna adiuvat itzDodge's Avatar
    itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by davidli2012 View Post
    In terms of supplement purchases, is it better to go with a non-L amino, or would it not matter?
    I don't think you read my post, all molecules have different isomers. They all have some orientation be it d- or l- or whatever but there isn't one set group to go with. For most aminos its typically the l- isomer you would purchase but they're many variances. I would like to assume supplement companies are purchasing and supplying you with the right one.
    NSCA CSCS

Online Coach and Brofessor
    http://www.biggerfastersmarter.com/

Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by davidli2012 View Post
    Originally Posted by itzDodge View Post
    I don't think you read my post, all molecules have different isomers. They all have some orientation be it d- or l- or whatever but there isn't one set group to go with. For most aminos its typically the l- isomer you would purchase but they're many variances. I would like to assume supplement companies are purchasing and supplying you with the right one.
    Spot on. OP, some labels list the L in front of the amino acid and others do not. They are all the same, if you're speaking about BCAA products.
    HALEO Lead Forum Representative

Echo in Eternity

Store Link - http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/haleo.html
    ******** Page - www.********.com/pages/HALEO-Worldwide-Inc/344612048892858

Originally Posted by Elliptical Envy View Post
    Spot on. OP, some labels list the L in front of the amino acid and others do not. They are all the same, if you're speaking about BCAA products.
    Thanks. Very clear and helpful responses, guys.