SMC_50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Pain on inside of elbows

Im 15 years old and I just started weight training for the first time at my highschool. 2 days ago i focused on my upper body (biceps, triceps, etc.) Now I have this terrible pain on the inside of my elbows (right infront of my bicept) and I cant extend my arms straight without alot of pain. Should I just suck it up and keep on working out or should I wait a little while?

The_One77 is not very well liked. (-100) The_One77 is not very well liked. (-100) The_One77 is not very well liked. (-100) The_One77 is not very well liked. (-100) The_One77 is not very well liked. (-100) The_One77 is not very well liked. (-100) The_One77 is not very well liked. (-100) The_One77 is not very well liked. (-100) The_One77 is not very well liked. (-100) The_One77 is not very well liked. (-100) The_One77 is not very well liked. (-100)
    perhaps your not doing it with correct form. If you are, i would personally stick with it with a week or two to see if the pain goes away.
    If not, well then....somethings wrong

HELLO. YES, THIS IS DOG. ironstrife's Avatar
    ironstrife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironstrife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironstrife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironstrife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironstrife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironstrife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironstrife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironstrife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironstrife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironstrife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironstrife is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    it's normal if u just started to putting stress on ur muscles.. make sure to give plenty of rest to each muscle... and make them work again... pain and soreness will eventually fade away..

freakydude88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) freakydude88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) freakydude88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) freakydude88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) freakydude88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) freakydude88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) freakydude88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) freakydude88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) freakydude88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) freakydude88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) freakydude88 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Wink

Thats the same thing that happened 2 me

just take a week off

thats how my pain in my elbow went away
    Rep me!Into the green :)

Give me good reps!! if I I help you, give me bad reps if I make you mad or i make a bad post.

Height:5'9"
    Squat:285
    Bench press: 245
    Deadlift:320
    Bf:12%
    Weight:185

Goal: weigh 190 by march.

PM me if you have a question

Ging will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ging will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ging will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ging will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ging will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ging will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ging will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ging will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ging will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ging will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ging will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Sounds a bit like tennis elbow, I get pain sometimes on Tricep day. Just make sure ur stretching ur arms correctly, resting properly, warming up, look for some strectches for ur forearms - May help.

It could be that your over doing it?

Obviously if its hurting consistently, perhaps you need to drop the weight down or try different excercices or consult a medical opinion.
    ~~gINGer~~

ThrusH is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThrusH is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThrusH is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThrusH is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThrusH is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThrusH is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThrusH is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThrusH is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThrusH is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThrusH is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThrusH is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Its cause the tendon isn't used to the stress and it makes a major stretch on the tendon's tissue. Basically, the more you workout the less it will happen but be careful with it.

If the soreness turns into sharp pain or anything though, common sense to stop then and let your arm heal. Nobody wants a torn tendon...
    Last edited by ThrusH; 01-12-2006 at 06:16 PM.

certified weightdestroyer Mikalis_m's Avatar
    Mikalis_m is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikalis_m is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikalis_m is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikalis_m is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikalis_m is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikalis_m is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikalis_m is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikalis_m is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikalis_m is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikalis_m is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikalis_m is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have the same pain right now. It's on the inside of my elbow. My brothers gf is a physiotherapist and she said i pulled my bicep (bicep attaches where the pain is). Rest and ice it, but no heat! I think i just strained it and it was my body's way of telling me its time to take a break for a couple weeks. Dont try to work through the pain it will make it worse. Muscle rubs work good as long as they dont get hot after they get cold. (physio said applying heat would have the same effect as rubbing a scab....not good)
    We're body builders. You have to love the pain....becuase pain....means.....results!

Machines don't fatigue. When I'm in the gym I suspend sanity, I become a machine.

AnthraX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sometimes my elbows feel like they're about shot after doing tricep stuff. Usually from the ridiculous range of motion things like dips. Going way down with heavy weight and barely being able to pick myself back up. That makes the elbows pulse and ache.

I also have a bruise on the inside forearm of my arm...got it on new year's...can't remember how...but it's still there, it makes me wonder sometimes.
    My e-stats were too awesome for this signature.

Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500)
    i dunno i remember when i first started working out some days after bicep days i couldnt straighten my arm and it felt like elbow pain. but it was just my bis were killed. could just be this since you say you are new
    Maybe it's hatred I spew, maybe it's food for the spirit
    Maybe it's beautiful music I made for you to just cherish
    But I'm debated disputed hated and viewed in America
    as a motherf**kin drug addict - like you didn't experiment?
    Now now, that's when you start to stare at who's in the mirror
    and see yourself as a kid again, and you get embarrased
    And I got nothin to do but make you look stupid as parents
    You f**kin do-gooders - too bad you couldn't do good at marriage!

Cass is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cass is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cass is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cass is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cass is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cass is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cass is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cass is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cass is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cass is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cass is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Completely normal. New stress, most people get that in the beginning. My wrists used to kill me too, they would ache like mad. It'll get better in a couple weeks once your tendons have strengthened up. Keep at her man!
    Cass

brown_builder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brown_builder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brown_builder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brown_builder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brown_builder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brown_builder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brown_builder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brown_builder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brown_builder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brown_builder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brown_builder is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I would say pay close attention to your form and don't heavier than you can handle.