smackinder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smackinder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smackinder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smackinder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smackinder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smackinder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smackinder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smackinder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) smackinder has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Is this considered "rude" if I'm hiring a personal trainer?

So I have been weightlifting for about a year now, and I'm just getting frustrated. None of my gains are coming, my lifts won't go up, and I don't know why. I think this is largely because I'm doing it on my own and the lack of balance in my program. So I sought after a personal trainer (with bodybuilding competition experience) for help. I know the basics of weightlifting, but I was just going to stick with working with him for about 12 weeks. I want to get the basics under my belt, but because I'm a student finances are an obligation. I can't pay 200 a month forever. I just want to get on a good program, learn what I need to continue, and go on. Is this wrong? I know trainers are trying to make a living like the rest of us, but I don't think I need long term assistance. I am not trying to lose weight, just build muscle and improve my weight.lifting skills. How can I approach the trainer about this?

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Same as with any service, you just say what you need, and they provide it.

You might stop after a bit, or you might keep going. We've all had people say they'd go forever, and disappear after a few months; and we've all had people say they'd go for a few months and stay for years.

Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Definitely not wrong. Especially if you tell him upfront.
    Sept of Baelor was an inside job. Wildfire can't melt stone masonry.

ts65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ts65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ts65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ts65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ts65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ts65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ts65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ts65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ts65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ts65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ts65 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Simple, tell the trainer you want to do a 12 week program.

Unless the trainer is a piece of **** I can't possibly see them having an issue with that.

NoobyWhiteBelt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) NoobyWhiteBelt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) NoobyWhiteBelt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) NoobyWhiteBelt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) NoobyWhiteBelt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) NoobyWhiteBelt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) NoobyWhiteBelt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) NoobyWhiteBelt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) NoobyWhiteBelt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) NoobyWhiteBelt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) NoobyWhiteBelt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    "An effective personal trainer trains the client to eventually not need the trainer anymore." that being said, we do need to make a living. no, its not rude at all. im sure he/she will appreciate some of your money, more than none of it.

Registered User JoeCannonMSCSCS's Avatar
    JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I agree with Kyle, just tell him/her what you want. Tell the trainer you'll periodically check back every few months for a new program also when you adapt to the current program.

Joe
    Joe Cannon, MS
    Joe-Cannon.com
    SupplementClarity.com

LouV is on a distinguished road. (+10) LouV is on a distinguished road. (+10) LouV is on a distinguished road. (+10) LouV is on a distinguished road. (+10) LouV is on a distinguished road. (+10) LouV is on a distinguished road. (+10) LouV is on a distinguished road. (+10) LouV is on a distinguished road. (+10) LouV is on a distinguished road. (+10) LouV is on a distinguished road. (+10) LouV is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm also in agreement with everyone. Honesty makes life a lot easier.
    MBA, ISSA -CFT

risingcougar is on a distinguished road. (+10) risingcougar is on a distinguished road. (+10) risingcougar is on a distinguished road. (+10) risingcougar is on a distinguished road. (+10) risingcougar is on a distinguished road. (+10) risingcougar is on a distinguished road. (+10) risingcougar is on a distinguished road. (+10) risingcougar is on a distinguished road. (+10) risingcougar is on a distinguished road. (+10) risingcougar is on a distinguished road. (+10) risingcougar is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Not wrong at all. It should be approached this way anyways.

Why would anyone need a PT for years? The money comes from you telling your friends of the skills you acquired and then the Pt gets a few more $200/month clients and repeat.

It's like putting 2 bunnies in a cage together. If you have a good bunny that know's his bunny **** and a good bunny that is willing to work hard you should get a good amount of jacked bunny babies.

Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quistfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Jacked bunny babies... im gonna use that if you dont mind.

I have clients that come in all the time and ask for a short term thing; its the same as if they are moving or have a job that requires them to be gone a lot. If the trainer is a decent human being they will understand and give you the most for your money. Just listen carefuly to what they are trying to explaine and work hard while you are there and you will be just fine.
    You better enjoy the ride, because its a long road.

lam67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    They are there to help you meet your goals, so what you are asking is fine. Tell them upfront and if the have an attitude, try another trainer who will help you. It's ok to change trainers!

cary3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cary3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cary3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cary3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cary3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cary3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cary3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    A good trainer will totally understand anything as long as you tell him upfront.

Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000)
    Why would that be rude? I have clients that only see me once every couple months for program design and evaluation.
    A.C.E Certified Personal Trainer
    N.E.S.T.A Fitness Nutrition Coach

HOMER: [holds Lisa's suitcase] Somebody's traveling light.
    LISA: Meh. Maybe you're just getting stronger.
    HOMER: Well, I have been eating more.

Squat:560-Raw 565-wraps
    Bench:365-Raw
    Deadlift:555-Raw
    Front Squat-405x2(Raw) 465x1(Wraps)

ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by kevans023 View Post
    And I would definitely see what certifications they hold. Ones from americansportandfitness.com demonstrate their commitment to continuing education and a willingness to work with you to meet your individual needs.
    Lessons in how to not appear credible.

WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by kevans023 View Post
    And I would definitely see what certifications they hold. Ones from americansportandfitness.com demonstrate their commitment to continuing education and a willingness to work with you to meet your individual needs.
    Right. I just took that test without looking at anything and passed with 85% in ten minutes. Pretty easy to get a cert through them! True or false questions are a great way to determine a person's knowledge.

Sites like that one are the reason why 90% of the "certified trainers" in our industry have no business programming exercise for anyone.