qwik3r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) qwik3r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Eating like crazy and losing weight WTF~!!!!!

Ok this is driving me nuts. I am eating like crazy and losing weight. I am trying to bulk up but i don't know wtf is going on, i better be losing body fat. Here is an example of what i ate yesterday and apparently according to my scale i am down another LB. I am 5'6 160lb's but as of this morning my F'n scale says 157.

When i goto the gym i don't do cardio, i just weight train.

Breakfast:
    1 Nlarge shake mixed with oatmeal 400cal/60.5carbs/28.5pro
    2 peices of whole wheat toast with PB 390cal/46carb/16pro
    1 cup 2% milk 190cal/12carb/8pro

Gym

Post workout:
    Protein bar 340cal/33carb/30pro
    1 cup 2% milk 130cal/12carb/8pro

1.5 hours later:

4oz chicken breast 108cals/27pro
    2 cups milk 260cal/24carb/16pro
    1 yam 103cal/24carb/2pro
    Assorted veggies with olive oil

2 hours later:
    Pasta with 2 meatballs and bread: 264cals/25pro/43carb

3 hours later:
    Up your Mass Protein shake 3 scoops w/ oatmal: 482cal/61.5carb/48.9pro

Few hours later (around 1am)
    2 large peices of turkey meatloaf (ground up turkey meat) + corn (not sure of the numbers)

Now to me this sounds like a good diet, critique if not but why in God's name am i losing weight?
    Last edited by qwik3r; 01-09-2006 at 10:16 AM.

Slappydappy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Slappydappy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Slappydappy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Slappydappy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Slappydappy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Slappydappy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Slappydappy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Slappydappy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Slappydappy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Slappydappy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Slappydappy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Dude I am having similar problems. I lost a ton of weight (6 "2, 150 lbs) and am now trying to bulk up.

No matter how much food I eat I can't gain any weight. There are some days I lose weight and then have to stuff my face to get those lost 1-2 lbs back and then the gaining stops. These variations are probably water weight of course, but even still it's aggrivating.

rip will become famous soon enough. (+50) rip will become famous soon enough. (+50) rip will become famous soon enough. (+50) rip will become famous soon enough. (+50) rip will become famous soon enough. (+50) rip will become famous soon enough. (+50) rip will become famous soon enough. (+50) rip will become famous soon enough. (+50) rip will become famous soon enough. (+50) rip will become famous soon enough. (+50) rip will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by qwik3r
    Ok this is driving me nuts. I am eating like crazy and losing weight. I am trying to bulk up but i don't know wtf is going on, i better be losing body fat. Here is an example of what i ate yesterday and apparently according to my scale i am down another LB.

Breakfast:

Gym

Post workout:

1.5 hours later:

1 yam 103cal/24carb/2pro

2 hours later:

3 hours later:

2 large peices of turkey meatloaf (ground up turkey meat) + corn (not sure of the numbers)

Now to me this sounds like a good diet, critique if not but why in God's name am i losing weight?
    How much do you weigh? Off the top of my head that looks like about 2700 calories + the 2 large pieces of turkey meatloaf so maybe 3000 calories total? Depending on how much you weigh you may need a lot more calories to bulk.

qwik3r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) qwik3r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by rip
    How much do you weigh? Off the top of my head that looks like about 2700 calories + the 2 large pieces of turkey meatloaf so maybe 3000 calories total? Depending on how much you weigh you may need a lot more calories to bulk.

Sorry i realized afterwards i forgot to include how much i weigh, i edited my post. But i weigh about 160lb's and am about 5'6 with the last time i checked 14% BF which was about 3 weeks ago. My stomach looks like it is going in move and i look tighter and leaner, perhaps i am eating too much and it is just making me lose weight. Seeing 157 this morning made me cry since i was 165 2 weeks earlier. I read online that i should be eating on the low end my body weight x 16 (in calories) to the high end my body weight x 18.

WhatTheDodd? has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WhatTheDodd? has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WhatTheDodd? has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WhatTheDodd? has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WhatTheDodd? has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Drink whole milk with every meal to bump up the calories. Dont take protein bars postworkout, whey powder+simple carbs is best. Homemade weightgainer of whey, natural peanutbutter, ground oats, and milk is perfect for a calorie dense boost between real food meals
    18yo ecto/meso
    165lbs 5'11" 10% bodyfat

Originally Posted by WhatTheDodd?
    Drink whole milk with every meal to bump up the calories. Dont take protein bars postworkout, whey powder+simple carbs is best. Homemade weightgainer of whey, natural peanutbutter, ground oats, and milk is perfect for a calorie dense boost between real food meals

I sometimes eat the bar after the workout instead of an Up Your Mass shake because i drink one in the morning. I spoke with a nutritionist at the gym and he basically explained that if i am losing weight i am gaining muscle (with my current diet) and i am just leaning out, which is what i think is happening honestly because taking in 3,000 calories with my current weight is more than enough for me to gain and i don't expend alot of calories trust me, i goto the gym and sit on my ass with my GF. My stomach looks flatter and i look beefier so i hope that is what is happening!

hailfire777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hailfire777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hailfire777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hailfire777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hailfire777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hailfire777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hailfire777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hailfire777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hailfire777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hailfire777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hailfire777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    your probably not eating enough protein and complex carbs before you go to bed.

i noticed that you wait an hour and a half after your workout to eat, thats a huge no no, drink a shake, and then eat within 40 minutes, even if your not hungry.

big breakfasts are so damn important too.

Originally Posted by hailfire777
    your probably not eating enough protein and complex carbs before you go to bed.

i noticed that you wait an hour and a half after your workout to eat, thats a huge no no, drink a shake, and then eat within 40 minutes, even if your not hungry.

big breakfasts are so damn important too.
    Well generally i'll have a shake immediately after i get out of the gym in the car, than go home, take a shower and eat, i may have stated that incorrectly above but that is what i generally do.

pumpedgator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpedgator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpedgator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpedgator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpedgator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpedgator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpedgator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpedgator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpedgator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpedgator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpedgator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Are you getting enough sleep? Are you increasing your volume or intensity when you lift week to week? Have you measured your BF?

Scale weight means very little in my mind.
    2.Respect newbies. A lot to ask, I know, especially if they don't read the board rules. But please, do not flame them. Point out there mistake in a proper and to the point manner (the shorter the better, as stupid questions are never in short supply) and point them to the correct places to find the correct information. Rules, FAQ’s and the search button. -Board Protocol by BC

wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Might just be water weight. If you don't put back the pounds or if you notice a trend of decreasing weight you'll need to start eating more. Sounds so simple but that's as simple as it gets. Also, don't buy those mass shakes ever again. Your doctor would smack you if he/she knew how much sugar you consumed per day.

bevo51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bevo51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if you're not gaining weight. then eat more. add 100cals to each meal until you are gaining weight.

Ok this is driving me nuts. I am eating like crazy and losing weight. I am trying to bulk up but i don't know wtf is going on, i better be losing body fat. Here is an example of what i ate yesterday and apparently according to my scale i am down another LB. I am 5'6 160lb's but as of this morning my F'n scale says 157.

When i goto the gym i don't do cardio, i just weight train.

Breakfast:

Gym

Post workout:

1.5 hours later:

1 yam 103cal/24carb/2pro

2 hours later:

3 hours later:

maffie2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maffie2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maffie2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maffie2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maffie2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maffie2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maffie2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maffie2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maffie2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maffie2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maffie2 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Can you say ectomorph?

I wouldnt think the problem lies in your training.

However, if this has persisted for a few weeks, why didnt you up your calories?

You must always tweak away at your plan to get results continously.

Eg.*I take it you are eating sufficient protein for your weight

Week 1 2700 cals - 160lbs
    *measure - still 160lbs, or drop 1lb to 159.

Week 2 3000 cals(increase cals from carbs/EFA)
    Back up to 160lbs

Week 3 3200 cals(increase cals from carbs/EFA)
    Up to 160.5lbs

Since you can gain up to about 1lb per week, you still can increaswe your calorie intake.

Week 4 3500 cals(increase calories from carbs/EFA)
    Up to 161.5lbs.

See, this way, you have increased your calories from 2700 to 3500 over a span of 4 weeks. But now, you can gain weight consistently. If you had spent your last couple of weeks doing this, i bet cha you would be a damn happy man

But after a while, you would probably be stuck at a certain weight eating only so much per day, then it's time to tweak at your plan again, increase your calories

rip will become famous soon enough. (+50) rip will become famous soon enough. (+50) rip will become famous soon enough. (+50) rip will become famous soon enough. (+50) rip will become famous soon enough. (+50) rip will become famous soon enough. (+50) rip will become famous soon enough. (+50) rip will become famous soon enough. (+50) rip will become famous soon enough. (+50) rip will become famous soon enough. (+50) rip will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I agree with these guys, you may need to up your calories. When I was at your weight I needed to eat about 3500 calories a day just to gain 1 pound per week. If your metabolism is fast like mine you need to up the calories.

Originally Posted by wh0died
    Might just be water weight. If you don't put back the pounds or if you notice a trend of decreasing weight you'll need to start eating more. Sounds so simple but that's as simple as it gets. Also, don't buy those mass shakes ever again. Your doctor would smack you if he/she knew how much sugar you consumed per day.

Up Your Mass contains 1g of sugar per 4 scoops (which i usually only take 3 scoops in a shake)

Thanks for the info guys. About how many carbs should i be taking in? Someone told me 3x my bodyweight? What do you guys eat to up your carbs?
    Last edited by qwik3r; 01-09-2006 at 05:43 PM.

wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wh0died has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Up Your Mass contains 1g of sugar per 4 scoops (which i usually only take 3 scoops in a shake)
    I stand corrected. That actually doesn't look too bad (I honestly just glanced through it) aside from the price.

G-3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) G-3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) G-3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) G-3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) G-3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) G-3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) G-3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) G-3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Do you have a history of eating trash?
    Maybe your eating 'cleaner' compared to your past habits?

Originally Posted by G-3
    Do you have a history of eating trash?
    Maybe your eating 'cleaner' compared to your past habits?
    Nope i eat clean as could be. I barely cheat what so ever, i hardley have any sugar. I just started eating more, as others suggested perhaps its water weight being lost or just body fat.

Originally Posted by wh0died
    I stand corrected. That actually doesn't look too bad (I honestly just glanced through it) aside from the price.

I used to take Nlarge but this is much better, the taste is the same and with 1g of sugar who can beat that? I get the best deal though, locally 12 protein bars (any choice, such as detour etc) and Up Your Mass for 34.00