ladiesman007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ladiesman007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ladiesman007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ladiesman007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ladiesman007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

aluminum pulley upgrade kit for body solid cable crossovers,..worth it?

I just got a body solid pro clubline cable cross over, and I was curious if those aluminum pulleys would be worth the price, and if they provide a noticeable difference over the nylon pulleys. If any of you guys have them, could you please tell me the pros and cons of them....thanks in advance...

Registered User Curbside_Quiche's Avatar
    Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ladiesman007 View Post
    I just got a body solid pro clubline cable cross over, and I was curious if those aluminum pulleys would be worth the price, and if they provide a noticeable difference over the nylon pulleys. If any of you guys have them, could you please tell me the pros and cons of them....thanks in advance...
    The Body Solid nylon pulleys are very durable. I wouldn't worry especially on a cable crossover where you won't be using big weight.

chemmech has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chemmech has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chemmech has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chemmech has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chemmech has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chemmech has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chemmech has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chemmech has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chemmech has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chemmech has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chemmech has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I bought a set for My lat machine, they were installed on a non- bodysolid machine, the original pulleys had
    warped and the bearings were going out. so I bought aluminum pulleys from body solid. they run extremely
    smooth and can support alot of weight without warping, deflecting or binding.
    since friction is extemely low, My machine gives a consistent resistance and feel, instead of a load that,
    with friction can vary with the angle and speed of the lift.

the pulleys on My machine went bad, since you have a bodysolid machine, replacing the stock pulleys
    probably isn't necessary, aluminum does look alot nicer though.....
    Energy is what I have.....

ladiesman007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ladiesman007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ladiesman007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ladiesman007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ladiesman007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the feed back. The pulleys do seem ok now as is. But if I can get a slight performance gain from the aluminums I would upgrade to it. There is a little rust on the top pulleys shafts, which may be in the bearings. I guess if it ain't broke don't fix it...I am gonna replace the cables, and I figured once I tear it down again I'm gonna replace what I can. The aluminums seem like it would be smoother, not to mention would look awesome.....anybody have rust issues with their aluminum pulleys?

RL Erik 'Iwhspr Fe comes' matrix563's Avatar
    matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i dont think aluminum rusts?
    ▪█───────█▪ Equipment Crew #46 ▪█───────█▪
    ▪█───────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #21 ▪█───────█▪
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #33 ||---||

~ 5th dimensional being ~

Originally Posted by matrix563 View Post
    I kinda thought it didn't rust , but I wasn't too sure..

fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by matrix563 View Post
    Aluminium oxidises in air but the oxide that forms doesn't flake so it protects the "fresh" metal underneath. It does fatigue under stress though but I can't see that being an issue in this application.
    New Evolution shat on me

-!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #7 -!!!---!!!-

"Were not talking about bodybuilding you fking retard. We're talking about Gorillas"

chemmech has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chemmech has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chemmech has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chemmech has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chemmech has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chemmech has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chemmech has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chemmech has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chemmech has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chemmech has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chemmech has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    good thing is, I bought the set of pulleys for one of their machines (g3 or something ) and ended up with about 14 extra pulleys, so when they wear out, they're around 3 years old now, I've got replacements..right now they have absolutely no problems with heavy use...
    Energy is what I have.....

I think I will have to get a set. No negative feedback is the green light for me to buy.....it will be about a month before I have all the cash to buy all the parts I want, as a new toy popped up on cl that takes priority this week...I'm sure yall know how that goes..thanks for info everyone..