Registered User BulkingGorrilla's Avatar
    BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Is my form good on these Dips?

Just curious if my form is good on these 100lb weighted dips?

it starts at 45 seconds btw

My question: Is my form good or what should i fix?

All comments welcome

thx guys

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    tendonitis city.....I wanna be around to pick up the pieces......

man! you are an accident waiting to happen: it is all nervous energy, barely any ROM at all and your arms and tendons are QUIVERING a mile a fraction.....

you are stressing and straining , is what you are doing....

my humble opinion.......

that is NOT how to build muscle...safely.....for a lifetime.......
    Lift as MUCH as you can, for as MANY reps as you can,
    while in complete control of the exercise.

Molec is a name known to all. (+5000) Molec is a name known to all. (+5000) Molec is a name known to all. (+5000) Molec is a name known to all. (+5000) Molec is a name known to all. (+5000) Molec is a name known to all. (+5000) Molec is a name known to all. (+5000) Molec is a name known to all. (+5000) Molec is a name known to all. (+5000) Molec is a name known to all. (+5000) Molec is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You need a more secure machine, its wobbling all over the place

DownNotOut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DownNotOut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DownNotOut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DownNotOut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DownNotOut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DownNotOut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DownNotOut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DownNotOut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DownNotOut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DownNotOut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DownNotOut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    lighten the weight abit and practise going alittle bit deeper. but 100lbs on 8 reps is awesome
    Everyones gotta start somewhere.

SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    There is nothing awesome about what I just saw. Just an 18 year old idiot trying to horribly dip more weight than he can handle.

OP, the weight is controlling you. You are not controlling it. Dipping too much weight in that manner is a recipe for disaster to the shoulders.

Good luck in your future endeavors at the Orthopedic clinic

geoffstgermaine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) geoffstgermaine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) geoffstgermaine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) geoffstgermaine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) geoffstgermaine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) geoffstgermaine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) geoffstgermaine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) geoffstgermaine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) geoffstgermaine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) geoffstgermaine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) geoffstgermaine has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You should reduce the weight and increase your ROM. The amount of shaking is the dead giveaway that it's too much weight. The goal should be to use the right tool (weight) for the job, not to use the most weight possible at the expense of everything else.

BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BulkingGorrilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by SquatTilYouDrop View Post
    There is nothing awesome about what I just saw. Just an 18 year old idiot trying to horribly dip more weight than he can handle.

OP, the weight is controlling you. You are not controlling it. Dipping too much weight in that manner is a recipe for disaster to the shoulders.

Good luck in your future endeavors at the Orthopedic clinic
    The shaking is from the power rack, thus makes the lift kind of instable. Its all i have though. Um, pretty sure i went at least parallel on the dips though didn't I? How should i know what is a respectable weight. I thought going parallel is what should be done

Womperz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Womperz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Womperz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Womperz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Womperz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Womperz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Womperz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Womperz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Womperz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Womperz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Womperz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    0 total reps

k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by BulkingGorrilla View Post
    The shaking is from the power rack, thus makes the lift kind of instable. Its all i have though. Um, pretty sure i went at least parallel on the dips though didn't I? How should i know what is a respectable weight. I thought going parallel is what should be done
    Respectable depends on your goal. It doesn't matter what's respectable. It only matters if the weight your pulling/pushing is getting you toward your goal. Is it strength or mass or both..?
    I like to be strong but honestly, If I could blow up mass-wise off bodyweight dips, I wouldn't even care about a dip belt

Either way at this point with 100lbs on the belt, your ROM is a bit shallow. But at the same time with that weight you're doing at the moment, if you went deeper ROM it may not end pretty.

Here's an example from a guy who posted on this board recently doing 90lb weight dips.

Although the last rep is a bit deep his ROM is on point. This is a good rep tempo and set. Basically form-wise is what you (and myself for that matter) should be shooting for when dipping heavy.

Originally Posted by Womperz View Post
    0 total reps
    i know

Originally Posted by k9pit View Post
    Respectable depends on your goal. It doesn't matter what's respectable. It only matters if the weight your pulling/pushing is getting you toward your goal. Is it strength or mass or both..?
    I like to be strong but honestly, If I could blow up mass-wise off bodyweight dips, I wouldn't even care about a dip belt

Either way at this point with 100lbs on the belt, your ROM is a bit shallow. But at the same time with that weight you're doing at the moment, if you went deeper ROM it may not end pretty.

Here's an example from a guy who posted on this board recently doing 90lb weight dips.

Although the last rep is a bit deep his ROM is on point. This is a good rep tempo and set. Basically form-wise is what you (and myself for that matter) should be shooting for when dipping heavy.
    Alright now i have something to compare too. I never knew doing bodyweight dips could make you blow up mass wise. I always thought you have to add resistance to gain strength? What do you recommend for dips, sets/reps/weight wise for me?

k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Alright now i have something to compare too. I never knew doing bodyweight dips could make you blow up mass wise. I always thought you have to add resistance to gain strength? What do you recommend for dips, sets/reps/weight wise for me?
    you're right.
    i said if i could blow up using just bodyweight dips, then i wouldn't worry about adding weight. my body responds better with added resistance, so i add weight.

to answer your question, i'd start by cutting the weight in half and sets of 8-10 with good form.

what is considered good form though?

If you go any lower than what i am doing, then you bring your shoulder into the lift. I can go alot lower than that, i choose not to though. I find that it really strains the shoulder muscle. If i do what i do, by just going parallel then its fine.

BUt ya what is considered good form. Should i go slower maybe?

Lifting with Power allergic2rice's Avatar
    allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000)
    go twice as low
    Forum Representative
    Next Generation Nutrition
    http://www.glyco-energy.com/

***Los Angeles MISC Crew***

www.strengthsociety.com
    Powerlifting, Nutrition, Mobility

MyronLatsBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MyronLatsBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MyronLatsBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MyronLatsBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MyronLatsBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MyronLatsBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MyronLatsBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MyronLatsBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MyronLatsBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MyronLatsBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MyronLatsBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    wow guys, it wasn't THAT bad lol. Sure the ROM wasn't full but it was just about parallel.

i do agree that op should lighten the weight because if he continues like that, goodnight sweet shoulder health.

krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by MyronLatsBrah View Post
    wow guys, it wasn't THAT bad lol. Sure the ROM wasn't full but it was just about parallel.

i do agree that op should lighten the weight because if he continues like that, goodnight sweet shoulder health.
    Your right it wasn't THAT bad. IT WAS AWFUL.

OP!!! What are you doing man!? Didn't we already have this conversation before? Look, lots of reputable posters are in here telling you that everything is wrong about what your doing.

Look, why don't you work on getting things done the right way, the first time? Your young, so if you listen to these guys (which is hard to do at 18, I know) your going to be way ahead of your fellow pac in the future. It's great that you are motivated to get strong, but your really going at it the wrong way.

Do us all a favor; Try doing dips unweighted. Do like 3 sets of 12. And FULL ROM! Make sure either your leaning forward with chest emphasis, or almost straight and using most (or all) of your triceps to push. Use your muscles, not everything in your body BUT muscle!
    www.grazethesky.com

Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000)
    Interesting comments to this...
    OP, it seems that the rack was unstable, not you. It would be nice if you could get a more stable rack, but that may not be possible.

Your form looks fine to me. Maybe 1 rep was not low enough. The rest were past parallel. Yes, you were quivering. It meant you were giving your body an effective stimulus, that it was not used to handle. You'll probably experience great growth due to that. Dips as deep as you can go are nice. But to 90, to me, constitutes as a dip. Just like past parallel on a squat is a squat. May not be the lowest, but still a squat.

A lot of people are criticizing two things from you:
    A. You didn't go low enough
    B. You're messing up your shoulders

Yet, if you go lower, you'll be even more strain on your shoulders. Plus, you should judge how your shoulders feel after those reps, not someone behind a computer. If you physically feel like you were not in danger of injuring yourself, that looked fine. Given your equipment is secure, I do not recommend lowering the weight. As long as you don't over-train or anything, you wont face injuries, and will see strength gains.

Keep up the good work!

stateprop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stateprop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stateprop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stateprop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stateprop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stateprop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stateprop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stateprop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stateprop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stateprop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stateprop is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    full, controlled rom

stateprop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stateprop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stateprop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stateprop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stateprop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stateprop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stateprop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stateprop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stateprop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stateprop is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stateprop is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Greco-Roman View Post
    Keep up the good work!
    you really shouldn't encourage this...

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by GRECO
    Your form looks fine to me. Maybe 1 rep was not low enough. The rest were past parallel. Yes, you were quivering. It meant you were giving your body an effective stimulus, that it was not used to handle. You'll probably experience great growth due to that
    just TERRIBLE advice...really......

you see, we are trying to HELP him...not encourage him....

Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Video removed by user - sad times

65 tons of American Pride BluntD's Avatar
    BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by k9pit View Post
    [youtube]Nl2dlNRro8w[youtube]

Can't disagree, but this does lead to bringing up something important about dips. Consider the reason why you're doing them: as a way to build the chest, or are you trying to target your triceps? The goal will alter the form you should be using somewhat.

The guy in the vid appears to be doing the chest-dominant variation, by leaning forward and going lower to really place an emphasis on the pecs. But if you're doing dips as a tricep exercise, it's better to remain as upright as possible so that the tris are doing a majority of the work; you also don't need to go as deep when doing this variant because dipping past a certain point just ends up placing an unnecessary amount of stress on the elbow tendons (and trust me, that's something you don't want to do). Obviously one shouldn't take that as a reason to load up the weight and then do a 1" ROM; sometimes it just takes a little experimenting to find that sweet spot where the triceps are getting the most amount of work while also avoiding transferring most of the load to your elbows.

Just food for thought.
    Return of the Mack?

SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Moving resistance in a decent rom, tempo, and control. The idea is to transfer the resistance effectively deep in to the targeted muscles to initiate a growth response.

You need to learn to dip first and then start adding weight, not the other way around.

One can get a far better tris or chest dip workout using controlled body weight dips (time under tension) reaching the targeted muscles than someone half ass trying to move ridiculous weight for the sake of moving the weight.

So OP, start with learning the motion first and then slowly/progressively adding weight.

Everyone is trying to help you but it doesn't seem to be getting across. The same things were told to you from your last vid. Nothing changed - this is why the rude negative feed back. Get with the program.

jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP I hope you dont mind if I'll post my related question here. I dont want to create a separate thread since its also about dips.

What's a good indication that I am ready to go to a weighted dip?
    At 160 lbs body weight, I just regularly do 3x10xBW. I have never tried doing continues dips to failure.
    Doing those sets, I normally start feeling the burn from the middle or later part of the 2nd set.

Thanks and will provide measly rep to everyone who can give me an answer.
    Steam - jinda28
    Origin - jinda628
    XBLive - jinda628
    Btag - blood#1648 / blood#1816

Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Never mind the fact that if you did BW dips you would be using about 185lbs of resistance...

Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jinda628 View Post
    OP I hope you dont mind if I'll post my related question here. I dont want to create a separate thread since its also about dips.

What's a good indication that I am ready to go to a weighted dip?
    At 160 lbs body weight, I just regularly do 3x10xBW. I have never tried doing continues dips to failure.
    Doing those sets, I normally start feeling the burn from the middle or later part of the 2nd set.

Thanks and will provide measly rep to everyone who can give me an answer.
    Surely it's the way you know you need to go up in any exercise? You hit your target rep range then add weight. With a dip belt you can add as little or as much weight as you want each session.

jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Mightymuff View Post
    Surely it's the way you know you need to go up in any exercise? You hit your target rep range then add weight. With a dip belt you can add as little or as much weight as you want each session.
    Yes I guess so. What I am just doing is adding reps instead of weight. Maybe I need to get a belt and start to try weighted.
    Thanks bro.
    Steam - jinda28
    Origin - jinda628
    XBLive - jinda628
    Btag - blood#1648 / blood#1816

Moving resistance in a decent rom, tempo, and control. The idea is to transfer the resistance effectively deep in to the targeted muscles to initiate a growth response.

You need to learn to dip first and then start adding weight, not the other way around.

One can get a far better tris or chest dip workout using controlled body weight dips (time under tension) reaching the targeted muscles than someone half ass trying to move ridiculous weight for the sake of moving the weight.

So OP, start with learning the motion first and then slowly/progressively adding weight.

this is almost too perfectly worded!! SQUAT'S advice here can be applied to ANY bodybuilding movement....

should be a sticky!