brb..reading the stickies CAMMIEB's Avatar
    CAMMIEB will become famous soon enough. (+50) CAMMIEB will become famous soon enough. (+50) CAMMIEB will become famous soon enough. (+50) CAMMIEB will become famous soon enough. (+50) CAMMIEB will become famous soon enough. (+50) CAMMIEB will become famous soon enough. (+50) CAMMIEB will become famous soon enough. (+50) CAMMIEB will become famous soon enough. (+50) CAMMIEB will become famous soon enough. (+50) CAMMIEB will become famous soon enough. (+50) CAMMIEB will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Normal to feel more sore 2nd day post w/o?

I always seem to feel it more not the day after, but the second day after my workout. Is this normal? By that time it is usually time to get back in the gym (doing New Rules, stage one). So I am lifting 3 times a week. Thank goodness at least the workouts on that plan are alternating....but still. Just wondering if this was normal or .....?

Is there anything I can do to reduce the severity of the soreness?

Thnaks in advance to all who take time to reply~!
    Jan 1st to May 1st Fat Loss Comp.

1-1: 171 lbs | 1-6: 168 | 1-13:164 | 1-20: 163| 1-27:164 |
    2-3:161.3 l 2-10: 161.3| 2-17: xxx | 2-24: xxx |
    3-2 xxx | 3-9: xxx | 3-16: xxx | 3-23: xxx | 3-30: xxx |
    4-6: xxx | 4-13: xxx | 4-20: xxx | 4-27: xxx |
    Final Weigh-in | 5-1: xxx

Start: 171 lbs
    Current:161.3

wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000)
    yup. i did power upper body on tuesday and i hurt today not yesterday.

DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I am finding the same thing to be the case - not sure the reason for it, though. In the past, I'd wake up sore first thing in the morning no matter what. Now it's all over the place. There have been times that my butt feels sore just several hours after my workout. There's other times that I'm not sore in the morning but get really sore as the day goes on, still others where I don't feel it until two days later.

I don't think there's much you can do to reduce severity - make sure you're getting your protein to repair the muscles, get enough rest. I know there's some foods that are thought to help with it but I'm not sure what they are Hopefully someone with knowledge on that will chime in.
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE

hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm the same way - 2 days later. The only time that I am sore the actual next day is if it is a new exercise or angle.
    Love others well, but love thyself the most

LoraJR72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LoraJR72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LoraJR72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LoraJR72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LoraJR72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LoraJR72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LoraJR72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LoraJR72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LoraJR72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LoraJR72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LoraJR72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am in the same club. Though enjoying the feeling.
    Believe you can and you're halfway there. - Theodore Roosevelt

Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yes, its normal. The second day is usually the worst for DOMs. Since you recently started a new program, they will be more intense for you until you become more accustomed to the workload. Rest, eating well, stretching after lifting, ibuprofen, hot baths....They will subside with time and not be as intense, though you may always feel them to some degree after a big day, its generally nothing like when you are first starting out and sitting on the toilet with leg DOMs becomes a challenge lol.
    "A champion is someone who gets up even when he can't" ---Jack Dempsey

I eat for living, not just lifting.

dsm246 is just really nice. (+1000) dsm246 is just really nice. (+1000) dsm246 is just really nice. (+1000) dsm246 is just really nice. (+1000) dsm246 is just really nice. (+1000) dsm246 is just really nice. (+1000) dsm246 is just really nice. (+1000) dsm246 is just really nice. (+1000) dsm246 is just really nice. (+1000) dsm246 is just really nice. (+1000) dsm246 is just really nice. (+1000)
    36-48 hours post workout is generally when I feel it these days. Leg days generally produce the worst DOMS for me. I've found taking a walk can help relieve some of the quad and glut pain and also hot baths are quite soothing.

latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I agree with taking a walk, warms everything up and gets the blood pumping. If you are working on a different body part then it's no big deal but..I have noticed that as my lifts get heavier, I need more time in between to rest/recuperate before hitting em again.

euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Is it ok to do legs again if you still have doms 48 hors after last leg workout? Does it mean you havent fully recovered if you still have doms?

katie0615 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) katie0615 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) katie0615 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) katie0615 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) katie0615 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) katie0615 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) katie0615 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) katie0615 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) katie0615 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) katie0615 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) katie0615 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have always found this to be the case. Even if I am a little bit sore the next day, it gets worse the 2nd day after the workout. I have heard that protein helps to repair muscle, and cut back on the soreness. Try having some protein right after the workout, see if that helps

swindled has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swindled has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swindled has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swindled has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swindled has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swindled has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swindled has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swindled has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swindled has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swindled has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swindled has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Same over here too, I find DOMS especially bad two days later if I have a bad knot or something that lifting aggravated. Oddly enough I've heard warm water and gelatin works to help relieve DOMS, never tried it myself though. I spend a lot of time at my desk at work just stretching out and I make sure to take lots of walks, it usually helps. If all else fails, I try to sucker my husband into a massage or I tiger balm myself up and lie there, lol.

brb..reading the stickies CAMMIEB's Avatar
    CAMMIEB will become famous soon enough. (+50) CAMMIEB will become famous soon enough. (+50) CAMMIEB will become famous soon enough. (+50) CAMMIEB will become famous soon enough. (+50) CAMMIEB will become famous soon enough. (+50) CAMMIEB will become famous soon enough. (+50) CAMMIEB will become famous soon enough. (+50) CAMMIEB will become famous soon enough. (+50) CAMMIEB will become famous soon enough. (+50) CAMMIEB will become famous soon enough. (+50) CAMMIEB will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks everyone. Glad to know I'm not the only one...seems to be that it's par for the course.
    Jan 1st to May 1st Fat Loss Comp.

1-1: 171 lbs | 1-6: 168 | 1-13:164 | 1-20: 163| 1-27:164 |
    2-3:161.3 l 2-10: 161.3| 2-17: xxx | 2-24: xxx |
    3-2 xxx | 3-9: xxx | 3-16: xxx | 3-23: xxx | 3-30: xxx |
    4-6: xxx | 4-13: xxx | 4-20: xxx | 4-27: xxx |
    Final Weigh-in | 5-1: xxx

Start: 171 lbs
    Current:161.3

Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by euco09 View Post
    Is it ok to do legs again if you still have doms 48 hors after last leg workout? Does it mean you havent fully recovered if you still have doms?
    Yes its okay and no it doesn't necessarily mean you haven't had enough recovery time. Most of us lift with some sort of soreness somewhere always, lol. There was actually an interesting article about this just recently published, I will try to dig it up.
    "A champion is someone who gets up even when he can't" ---Jack Dempsey

I eat for living, not just lifting.

ericjcot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Post Day 2 soreness

Originally Posted by CAMMIEB View Post
    I always seem to feel it more not the day after, but the second day after my workout. Is this normal? By that time it is usually time to get back in the gym (doing New Rules, stage one). So I am lifting 3 times a week. Thank goodness at least the workouts on that plan are alternating....but still. Just wondering if this was normal or .....?

I am currently doing the Kris Gethin's DTP and I definitely feel more sore on day #2. From what I know from friends that lift it is definitely normal on day 2 to be worse...

JillUB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JillUB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JillUB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JillUB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JillUB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JillUB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JillUB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JillUB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JillUB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JillUB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JillUB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    That's DOMS for you! I'm always more sore 2 days later. I find that getting enough magnesium helps - so taking a daily natural calm supplement or epsom salt baths after your workout. I also take glutamine before and after workouts - I know the benefits are debated, but I do find that it helps me with muscle soreness. Incidentally, glutamine also helps with my digestive problems.

vicwlk is on a distinguished road. (+10) vicwlk is on a distinguished road. (+10) vicwlk is on a distinguished road. (+10) vicwlk is on a distinguished road. (+10) vicwlk is on a distinguished road. (+10) vicwlk is on a distinguished road. (+10) vicwlk is on a distinguished road. (+10) vicwlk is on a distinguished road. (+10) vicwlk is on a distinguished road. (+10) vicwlk is on a distinguished road. (+10) vicwlk is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by CAMMIEB View Post

Yup that's pretty normal for me. As your body gets used to you lifting you will become sore much less and it's less severe. IMO you may not want to take aspirin or anything to numb the pain because the pain is a signal that you need to rest those muscles.
    Victoria_Alaine
    NEVER QUIT!!!!!1

vicwlk is on a distinguished road. (+10) vicwlk is on a distinguished road. (+10) vicwlk is on a distinguished road. (+10) vicwlk is on a distinguished road. (+10) vicwlk is on a distinguished road. (+10) vicwlk is on a distinguished road. (+10) vicwlk is on a distinguished road. (+10) vicwlk is on a distinguished road. (+10) vicwlk is on a distinguished road. (+10) vicwlk is on a distinguished road. (+10) vicwlk is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by JillUB View Post
    That's DOMS for you! I'm always more sore 2 days later. I find that getting enough magnesium helps - so taking a daily natural calm supplement or epsom salt baths after your workout. I also take glutamine before and after workouts - I know the benefits are debated, but I do find that it helps me with muscle soreness. Incidentally, glutamine also helps with my digestive problems.
    Really about the glutamine? glutamine didn't help with my digestive issues, gee wiz i had to take d. enzymes and fiber. I take 5g. a day. How much do you take?
    Victoria_Alaine
    NEVER QUIT!!!!!1

BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Day 2 DOMS are the worst for me too. Stretch and keep moving around. Especially for legs- it hurts to move at first, but the more you do the better it feels. If you're cutting then BCAAs may help with soreness.

**I once was a fat little hippo... BubsNBean's journey back to healthy**
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170112133

JillUB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JillUB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JillUB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JillUB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JillUB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JillUB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JillUB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JillUB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JillUB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JillUB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JillUB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by vicwlk View Post
    Really about the glutamine? glutamine didn't help with my digestive issues, gee wiz i had to take d. enzymes and fiber. I take 5g. a day. How much do you take?
    I take 10-15g glutamine per day, about a teaspoon pre and post workout and sometimes in the morning. I do take probiotics on a daily basis too (either in powder form, or kombucha or sauerkraut). I read somewhere that glutamine was found to be effective with major digestive disorders, which got me started taking it. I find if I forget for a few days, I start to notice issues cropping back up. Who knows, everyone is different I guess!

Originally Posted by JillUB View Post
    I take 10-15g glutamine per day, about a teaspoon pre and post workout and sometimes in the morning. I do take probiotics on a daily basis too (either in powder form, or kombucha or sauerkraut). I read somewhere that glutamine was found to be effective with major digestive disorders, which got me started taking it. I find if I forget for a few days, I start to notice issues cropping back up. Who knows, everyone is different I guess!
    Ok, thanks. I'll try upping the amount. I've never taken that much before.
    Victoria_Alaine
    NEVER QUIT!!!!!1

Ferela has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Glad I'm not the only one

pelgrin21 is not very well liked. (-100) pelgrin21 is not very well liked. (-100) pelgrin21 is not very well liked. (-100) pelgrin21 is not very well liked. (-100) pelgrin21 is not very well liked. (-100) pelgrin21 is not very well liked. (-100) pelgrin21 is not very well liked. (-100) pelgrin21 is not very well liked. (-100) pelgrin21 is not very well liked. (-100) pelgrin21 is not very well liked. (-100) pelgrin21 is not very well liked. (-100)

Smile Very normal to be sore after second day

As you do something over and over you body gets used to it and eventually you don't get sore as much or not at all when you weightlift and do something outside you body comfort zone you will feel it last week I decided to find out what was my 5 rep max on squats on my last set 195 pounds 2 days later my lower back,glutes,quads,harmstrigs were sore as hell my lower back was sore but not as hell though I only train each body part once per week it takes me that long for my joints to recuperate my knees takes a beating while I squat I used to ay soccer alot when I was younger I had surgery on right knee now I'm developing arthritis it seems but one per week seems fine for now so if you get Dom's you had an effective workout you always need to push yourself if you train legs or any other body part more then once a week then you can't go to max that's one thing I like about once per week except arms I can train that twice per week if I want to I might in the future eventually as progression becomes very slow like advance lifter then you may not get sore anymore cause you be lifting the same weight most of the time,and everyone is different.basically in my experience soreness comes from shocking your body something you body wasnt ready for hope this helps