ThomasBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThomasBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThomasBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThomasBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThomasBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThomasBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThomasBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThomasBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThomasBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThomasBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThomasBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Bringing up my Upper Chest while on the HCT-12 Program

I didnt know where else to put this, im guessing this is the section where people actually lift. Ive been using the HCT-12 program since it first came out and im VERY happy with the results. Ive basically gained about 35 lbs in about 2 yrs since i started lifting right after my 16th birthday, but i have a problem..

My upper chest and my chest in general is lagging. I only bench between 245-255 for flat bench (for 6) and i can do 95lb dumbbells on an incline for 6 reps. I cant use the barbell incline at my gym because the angles are to high, making my shoulders do most of the work.

**Heres the problem. My gym only goes up to 100lb dumbbells, and im doing 95lbs on the incline now. So in about a week i wont be able to progress aqnymore using those dumbbells anymore.
    Should i add in chest flyes right after i do the main chest exercise? (ive already added lateral and rear delt raises for my shoulders, no problem. They've grown fine) Should i move on to a higher volume plan, just for my chest since i cant go higher than 100lbs? Or is it just time to a totally different progam alltogether..this is the only routine ive ever used. Thoughts ??

ThomasBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThomasBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThomasBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThomasBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThomasBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThomasBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThomasBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThomasBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThomasBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThomasBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThomasBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Bump

Bumppppp

gugehuai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gugehuai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gugehuai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gugehuai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gugehuai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gugehuai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gugehuai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gugehuai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gugehuai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gugehuai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gugehuai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Should i add in chest flyes right after i do the main chest exercise? (ive already added lateral and rear delt raises for my shoulders, no problem. They've grown fine) Should i move on to a higher volume plan, just for my chest since i cant go higher than 100lbs? Or is it just time to a totally different progam alltogether..this is the only routine ive ever used. Thoughts ??

ur not ur f*cking khakis bwelch1985's Avatar
    bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm not familiar w/ that program, but if you're still getting great results from it, and you still enjoy your training then I would NOT make a change.

Upper chest is just one of those things you're not gonna want to spend too much time stressing over. Genetics determine how our muscles are shaped and there's not a whole lot you can do about it. Find an exercise that you feel in your upper pecs and try to progressively get stronger w/ it....that, in my opinion is about the best you can do.

Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by bwelch1985 View Post
    Upper chest is just one of those things you're not gonna want to spend too much time stressing over. Genetics determine how our muscles are shaped and there's not a whole lot you can do about it. Find an exercise that you feel in your upper pecs and try to progressively get stronger w/ it....that, in my opinion is about the best you can do.
    Upper chest is actually an area that can be emphasized...the problem I see with most people trying to target that area really has to do with the incline angle they choose. You only need a slight incline angle to increase the load on the upper pec. Most fixed incline benches are at about 45 degrees, which in my opinion is too steep. The steeper the angle, the more shoulders take over the movement. Any time I do incline work, I always use the adjustable bench and always use the angle on the very first notch. Far less shoulder, far more upper pec.

Now inner chest is a whole different story lol

Food for thought

Sporto
    Core Nutritionals Sponsored Athlete
    IFPA Professional Natural Bodybuilder
    NASM Certified Personal Trainer