Thread: MMA and Keto

Andypandy999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andypandy999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andypandy999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andypandy999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andypandy999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andypandy999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andypandy999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andypandy999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andypandy999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andypandy999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andypandy999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

MMA and Keto

Well many of the vetrans on the site will remember me from a few years ago. I have done 3 lon term keto diets with great results.

Obviously on keto we all should be doing LISS rather than HIIT But do you reckon i can pull off 3 sessions of MMA a week in conjunction with going back into keto?

I reckon as long as i eat plenty ill be able to pull it off without running too low and burning off muscle but i want your thoughts on this?

Andy

lagelll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I do the Ketos along side bjj and MT, as long as you are eating lots you wont be tired or sore in general, but you will struggle to keep up with the pace of other.
    I've noticed ketos affect my MT training most, I'm able to train a long while but I can't be as explosive for along time, out of puff quickly and have to a break, using caffeine and ephedrine will slightly increase your endurance, but ketos really isn't for short quick sports
    Train train until your in pain :D

Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Personally I had more endurance with keto, don't know why. Only way to find out is if you give it a try.
    We are the product of our influences. Originality is so hard to come by in this society.

***I Rape Back***

lagelll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Shredded-Wolf View Post
    Personally I had more endurance with keto, don't know why. Only way to find out is if you give it a try.
    Endurance in what respect? I get it as well for things like lifting or medium pace running, I think its because there is no wall.
    As for fast pace, I last no longer than 2 miles running or about 30min top at MT.
    Train train until your in pain :D

Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I think individual reactions to keto are too varied for any of us to give you a solid yes/no answer.

Are you already doing your MMA workouts? If so, I'd keep a detailed log for a few workouts, then go keto, make sure you're past any induction symptoms and fully adapted, then try a few workouts and compare the logs.

If you're not MMAing already, I'd keto for a week or two and then start mma.

*** If you are already in mma***
    I'm always reluctant to give much weight to the reports of keto noobs, but since you have multiple successful runs on it, I'd be extremely interested in hearing the results of your log. Specifically:
    1) MMA Workout during straight keto, no carb intake.
    2) MMA Workout during keto with some pre-workout carbs
    3) MMA Workout out of keto

subbed

Andypandy999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andypandy999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andypandy999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andypandy999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andypandy999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andypandy999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andypandy999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andypandy999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andypandy999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andypandy999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andypandy999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Blackjack68 View Post
    I think individual reactions to keto are too varied for any of us to give you a solid yes/no answer.

Are you already doing your MMA workouts? If so, I'd keep a detailed log for a few workouts, then go keto, make sure you're past any induction symptoms and fully adapted, then try a few workouts and compare the logs.

If you're not MMAing already, I'd keto for a week or two and then start mma.

*** If you are already in mma***
    I'm always reluctant to give much weight to the reports of keto noobs, but since you have multiple successful runs on it, I'd be extremely interested in hearing the results of your log. Specifically:
    1) MMA Workout during straight keto, no carb intake.
    2) MMA Workout during keto with some pre-workout carbs
    3) MMA Workout out of keto

subbed

Yeah ive been doing MMA for the last 2 years after converting from karate. TBH i think i am gonna find things a tad more difficult and i no onger think i am going to be able to manage my 2 1/2 hour sessions on a monday and wednesday. so i reckon i might have to cut down to the hour sessions.

In the past i still did karate and keto and managed but i did find by friday before my Carb up my body about spent.

Im going to be doing the CKD keto which is what worked for me in the past. Here are my old results just to prove to the noobs that it really does work.

before

After

ryo1549 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryo1549 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryo1549 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryo1549 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryo1549 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryo1549 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryo1549 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryo1549 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryo1549 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryo1549 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryo1549 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Only thing you can do is try it and adjust as needed. It may be beneficial to switch to a TKD where you time some carbs before and after the work outs and then low carb it in regular hours.

DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Those are def some ****ty MMA tats.... but this is the pot calling the kettle black as I have the Chicago Bear's C tatooed on my chest.

Also, keto will work better than a high carb diet, lol at Fitch KTFO

My guess, however, is that as your body composition improves, so will your endurance. Keto or not.

2012 - Year of the Diaz
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=608052853&posted=1#post608052853

BEARS, CUBS, BULLS, HAWKS, SOX, MMA