Registered User bluebirdthebird's Avatar
    bluebirdthebird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Christmas/new year's eve food

Hi everyone,

I wanted to know how you all handle the Xmas/New Year's eve food? Do you stay strict or do you just loosen up a bit knowing that it's gonna hurt the scale more the next days

hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000)
    I get to have my Mum's kielbassa potato salad and meatballs and trifle only 1 day a year. Christmas Eve. I eat it and enjoy. The turkey dinner for Xmas I can limit since we have the same stuff for Thanksgiving so it's not AS special.
    Love others well, but love thyself the most

tinktinktink is not very well liked. (-100) tinktinktink is not very well liked. (-100) tinktinktink is not very well liked. (-100) tinktinktink is not very well liked. (-100) tinktinktink is not very well liked. (-100) tinktinktink is not very well liked. (-100) tinktinktink is not very well liked. (-100) tinktinktink is not very well liked. (-100) tinktinktink is not very well liked. (-100) tinktinktink is not very well liked. (-100) tinktinktink is not very well liked. (-100)
    im not going to be on my diet at all over christmas/new year, if i gain i gain, i just lose it again, im where i wanted to be by the time christmas came
    im a girl who lifts

the girl with the 19 inch calves

DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000)
    This weekend is going to be a food fest for me - cooking for the inlaws on Friday, prob seeing my family on Saturday and then I'm cooking a nice dinner for us on Christmas Day, ham and yummy sides = stuff I would not ordinarily make. It's going to be rough but I think as long as I exercise some portion control, I should be okay. I ate to the point of feeling ill on Thanksgiving and don't want to do that again as it almost made it not fun.

I will keep my other meals in check for the remainder of each day and just try to use common sense and not overdo it. NYE is my bday and we always go to the Brazilian steakhouse for lunch = all you can eat, but I've learned my lesson there as well and know when to stop.

I think in the end, though, it's a couple days out of the year and as long as you're not in the middle of contest prep, it's not going to kill you or totally sabotage any goals. Maybe add a few extra minutes onto your workouts for the next couple weeks to try to combat the excess. I usually find things even out once the holidays are over and you get back into more a normal routine. So don't beat yourself up if you have a couple extra treats you wouldn't normally have - it's so hard not to.
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE

womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I don't celebrate holidays except for the actual holiday DAY. Like if you don't snack on cookies for 2 weeks leading up to Christmas day, there is no problem having a couple on the actual day.

Same goes for Halloween, just don't be one of those people that buys bags of candy to snack on for the month of October & you're good.

bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Talking

I put on my eatin' pants and enjoy !!

Luckily(?), I'm only 'home' for one holiday a year and so manage to miss all of the amazingly delicious food. But whenever there's holiday goodies--I indulge!
    I'm small but mighty.

birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by womanoid View Post
    I don't celebrate holidays except for the actual holiday DAY. Like if you don't snack on cookies for 2 weeks leading up to Christmas day, there is no problem having a couple on the actual day.

Same goes for Halloween, just don't be one of those people that buys bags of candy to snack on for the month of October & you're good.
    Yup. In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't really matter if you let loose on a particular day as long as you don't make that day drag into a week or something. I have no qualms enjoying a good meal and some junk on Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas (I don't really "do" New Years in a foody manner). Just get back into whatever your nutrition plan is for the rest of the time (and yes, my plan does include leftover Halloween candy for like 2 weeks, LOL), and everything is fine.
    Gym PRs:
    SQ: 360 x 1, BP: 165 x 1, DL: 330 x 2, OHP: 110 x 2

Best meet lifts (raw w/wraps):
    SQ: 365, BP: 155, DL: 350, Elite total of 870 @165

Closest thing to a log, but better cause it's vids! = www.youtube.com/user/birdiefu

dsm246 is just really nice. (+1000) dsm246 is just really nice. (+1000) dsm246 is just really nice. (+1000) dsm246 is just really nice. (+1000) dsm246 is just really nice. (+1000) dsm246 is just really nice. (+1000) dsm246 is just really nice. (+1000) dsm246 is just really nice. (+1000) dsm246 is just really nice. (+1000) dsm246 is just really nice. (+1000) dsm246 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'll definitely loosen things up (including my waistband) over the holidays. If something I love is being passed around I'm definitely going to partake and not feel guilty about it. That said, I'm also going to try not to be a total eatin' fool. The biggest challenge for me over the holidays are going to be the cookies. I'm a total cookie monster. I deal with it at home by not having them in my house. My mom will have 6 different kinds of my favorite cookies when I go to stay with her though. So i'll have to exert some self control in that area or I'd easily eat 12 a day for the entire week I'm there.

Registered User bluebirdthebird's Avatar
    bluebirdthebird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Glad to read that many of you will just enjoy the Xmas food!

Registered User HopeSmallwonder's Avatar
    HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I was planning on having xmas day and new years be my last cheat meals this year, but when I really thought about it.... its just food. Ya it taste great but not worth the bloated upset stomach the next few days. Ill be sticking clean. Eating the xmas meats but no extra carbs or sugars.
    Follow me on ********!
    http://www.********.com/profile.php?id=100000582781653

Infinite Labs Model

shmalex4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shmalex4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shmalex4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shmalex4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shmalex4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shmalex4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shmalex4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shmalex4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shmalex4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shmalex4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shmalex4 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by HopeSmallwonder View Post
    I was planning on having xmas day and new years be my last cheat meals this year, but when I really thought about it.... its just food. Ya it taste great but not worth the bloated upset stomach the next few days. Ill be sticking clean. Eating the xmas meats but no extra carbs or sugars.
    You don't have to eat pie until you ralph, moderation!
    My log!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129748113&page=8

NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I've been on a carb-up since Thanksgiving.
    “Any idiot can face a crisis, it is this day-to-day living that wears you out.” Anton Chekhov

"10% of life, is what happens to you--90% is how you respond to it."

"I know that I know nothing"--Socrates

Damn, it's good to be me! thepowerwithin's Avatar
    thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Pie and eggnog. Bring it on! .

Registered User HopeSmallwonder's Avatar
    HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by shmalex4 View Post
    You don't have to eat pie until you ralph, moderation!
    LOL very true. I know Ill have a bit or two :-)
    Follow me on ********!
    http://www.********.com/profile.php?id=100000582781653

Infinite Labs Model

DocSI is just really nice. (+1000) DocSI is just really nice. (+1000) DocSI is just really nice. (+1000) DocSI is just really nice. (+1000) DocSI is just really nice. (+1000) DocSI is just really nice. (+1000) DocSI is just really nice. (+1000) DocSI is just really nice. (+1000) DocSI is just really nice. (+1000) DocSI is just really nice. (+1000) DocSI is just really nice. (+1000)
    Singin like a bird... moderation is key.

I feel like over the years the focus has shifted away from the food to the family and conversation and catching up with everybody... and the crazycompetitive game of poker that usually gets going after dinner. But I suppose that happens when the "kids" in the family aren't kids anymore!

Also, we do have lots of delicious food that still falls in that healthy category. We do appetizer type food on Christmas eve, so there'll be shrimp cocktail and veggie trays and lean meats and whatnot. On actual Christmas day there is typically turkey, someone brings a green salad and a veggie tray, someone brings fruit salad, etc.

It's my grandma's dang Bourbon Brownies that'll get ya...!!
    Nadie dijo que la vida sería fácil, sólo dijeron que valdría la pena.

LoraJR72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LoraJR72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LoraJR72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LoraJR72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LoraJR72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LoraJR72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LoraJR72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LoraJR72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LoraJR72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LoraJR72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LoraJR72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'll probably splurge a little once or twice but I don't want all my hard work to go out the window. If I stick with a mostly Paleo based plan, I should be golden!
    Believe you can and you're halfway there. - Theodore Roosevelt

andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    for all your eggnog lover's, t joe's has eggnog flavored/coated almonds. i haven't tried them but...

WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I plan on allowing myself something a little extra; sweets are my down-fall everything else I can easily do without. Every year I worry about gaining a pound or two during the holidays but when it comes right down to it, I usually end up maintaining or even losing. So instead of pigging out all at once I will practice moderation and mindful eating; last night it was a rice crispy square I just couldn't refuse! Enjoy ladies and Happy Holidays!

maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by womanoid View Post

Yes, same thing here!
    I will eat what I want, but I won't go crazy and binge; or my stomach won't handle it well anyways. Moderation is my key word this year, but I plan on trying most of the tasty desserts my boyfriend's mother will bake

Most of the food is sort of healthy at my mother's place anyways; and I will skip the alcohol (don't care for it).

gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000) gwnorth is just really nice. (+1000)
    I've been dieting/training almost non-stop since March, so the week between Christmas and New Years is going to be a deload week for me. No going to the gym. My goal will be to eat at maintenance. The only problem is, without my gym workouts, I am basically eating at maintenance as it is so I won't have any extra calories to play with. We have 3 Christmas dinners, Christmas eve with my family, Christmas day with dh's family, and boxing day (with Christmas dinner leftovers) with dh's extended family. The dinners themselves aren't that big a problem for me, turkey, potatoes, a little bit of stuffing, just a bit of gravy and cranberry sauce. It's all good. The problem are the nibblies, desserts, and alcohol. These are the things that I've mostly deprived myself on my diet, and my real weaknesses. I figure if I can eat conservatively for breakfast and lunch, a little extra at dinner will be ok. Moderation will be my challenge.

The advantage of not hosting Christmas though is that once we go home, there are no leftovers and it's back to our regular eating habits. So really it's only 3 days I need to be mindful for. I will partake of the goodies, I'm just going to try to focus on keeping it sensible so I don't gain any weight that week. After New Years I can get back to training and dieting.

AndyFJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AndyFJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AndyFJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AndyFJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AndyFJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AndyFJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've worked too hard for the last 6 months to lose this weight to let myself get too far off track. I'm going to allow myself a day off on Christmas Day (and maybe Boxing Day) but then it's back to the gym and eating properly again. I'm not planning on losing weight this week but I don't really want to gain either.

transformation started... aussieangie's Avatar
    aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I made veggies and a salad, piled my plate with those first then added a few little extras that I dont normally eat. I have a diet specifically written up but I used xmas day as a little treat and had a cannoli for dessert. A little in moderation is ok, just get back on track the day after. I retain water if I eat stuff I dont normally eat, but it is the holidays so its best not to stress.
    Angie....
    "For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer" - Arnold
    (\__/)
    (=’.’=)
    (”)_(”)
    POINTS TO REMEMBER - If you can't kill it, grow it, or pick it, you probably shouldn't be eating it!!!

jillybeansalad will become famous soon enough. (+50) jillybeansalad will become famous soon enough. (+50) jillybeansalad will become famous soon enough. (+50) jillybeansalad will become famous soon enough. (+50) jillybeansalad will become famous soon enough. (+50) jillybeansalad will become famous soon enough. (+50) jillybeansalad will become famous soon enough. (+50) jillybeansalad will become famous soon enough. (+50) jillybeansalad will become famous soon enough. (+50) jillybeansalad will become famous soon enough. (+50) jillybeansalad will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Not well. lol Icing cookies are my vice. Of course, the pity food we get (since we're working the holidays) seems to be a bunch of cookies and pies... what I wouldn't give for a celery stalk or something. lol
    ☣ Off Season Preparations ☢

"Baywatch boobs would probably throw off my game. But sometimes they look like fun." -Gabrielle Reece
    ☆ Tattoos, spice, and bruises on ice; that is what derby girls are made of. ✯

"loosing weight" = the weight is loose and will run free, not sure if that's good for the environment though... stray fat everywhere.

merse is just really nice. (+1000) merse is just really nice. (+1000) merse is just really nice. (+1000) merse is just really nice. (+1000) merse is just really nice. (+1000) merse is just really nice. (+1000) merse is just really nice. (+1000) merse is just really nice. (+1000) merse is just really nice. (+1000) merse is just really nice. (+1000) merse is just really nice. (+1000)
    i gave myself the xmas long weekend off my low carb diet. i endulged but didnt go over board. probably had way too many sugars as i made the most amazing treats
    vanilla cream cheese mini cake balls drizzled with white and milk chocolate (couldnt get enough)
    i also made way too much desserts, now to give them away....
    im still deciding about my new years foods. i need to relax more i know, its only a few days out of sooo many in the year!
    -->>MMC<<--
    "Are you seeing planes? Is your name Tattoo? Because I swear to God, you're living on Fantasy Island."

jillybeansalad will become famous soon enough. (+50) jillybeansalad will become famous soon enough. (+50) jillybeansalad will become famous soon enough. (+50) jillybeansalad will become famous soon enough. (+50) jillybeansalad will become famous soon enough. (+50) jillybeansalad will become famous soon enough. (+50) jillybeansalad will become famous soon enough. (+50) jillybeansalad will become famous soon enough. (+50) jillybeansalad will become famous soon enough. (+50) jillybeansalad will become famous soon enough. (+50) jillybeansalad will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by merse View Post
    i gave myself the xmas long weekend off my low carb diet. i endulged but didnt go over board. probably had way too many sugars as i made the most amazing treats
    vanilla cream cheese mini cake balls drizzled with white and milk chocolate (couldnt get enough)
    ... can't say I blame you, those sound delish!
    ☣ Off Season Preparations ☢

"Baywatch boobs would probably throw off my game. But sometimes they look like fun." -Gabrielle Reece
    ☆ Tattoos, spice, and bruises on ice; that is what derby girls are made of. ✯

"loosing weight" = the weight is loose and will run free, not sure if that's good for the environment though... stray fat everywhere.