Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    migivede has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) migivede has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) migivede has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Is it bad if i get most of my protein from supplements?

i get about 85% of my protein from whey protein. Is that okay??I know protein should come from food, but i just don't have time for all of that, so i usually get it from my whey.

Atka is just really nice. (+1000) Atka is just really nice. (+1000) Atka is just really nice. (+1000) Atka is just really nice. (+1000) Atka is just really nice. (+1000) Atka is just really nice. (+1000) Atka is just really nice. (+1000) Atka is just really nice. (+1000) Atka is just really nice. (+1000) Atka is just really nice. (+1000) Atka is just really nice. (+1000)
    Its ur decision, protein is protein.

I am not a bodybuilder bicepcurlbro's Avatar
    bicepcurlbro is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bicepcurlbro is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bicepcurlbro is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bicepcurlbro is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bicepcurlbro is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bicepcurlbro is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bicepcurlbro is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bicepcurlbro is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bicepcurlbro is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bicepcurlbro is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bicepcurlbro is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    doesnt matter

D6A6N6I6E6L6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) D6A6N6I6E6L6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) D6A6N6I6E6L6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) D6A6N6I6E6L6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) D6A6N6I6E6L6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) D6A6N6I6E6L6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) D6A6N6I6E6L6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) D6A6N6I6E6L6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) D6A6N6I6E6L6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) D6A6N6I6E6L6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) D6A6N6I6E6L6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    ^Dont listen.

Whole food > Supps
    My log brah come at me:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151786203

Kevin Levrone is the best ever full blown baby

I am not a bodybuilder bicepcurlbro's Avatar
    bicepcurlbro is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bicepcurlbro is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bicepcurlbro is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bicepcurlbro is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bicepcurlbro is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bicepcurlbro is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bicepcurlbro is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bicepcurlbro is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bicepcurlbro is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bicepcurlbro is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bicepcurlbro is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by D6A6N6I6E6L6 View Post
    ^Dont listen.

Whole food > Supps
    why?

WW3MW3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WW3MW3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WW3MW3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WW3MW3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WW3MW3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WW3MW3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WW3MW3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WW3MW3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WW3MW3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WW3MW3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WW3MW3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by migivede View Post
    i get about 85% of my protein from whey protein. Is that okay??I know protein should come from food, but i just don't have time for all of that, so i usually get it from my whey.
    As long as you also get fat and carbs. Your body needs all three to function properly.

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by migivede View Post
    protein is protein.

If you think protein from chicken breast is tastier than protein from whey, it's all you brah.

ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by WW3MW3 View Post
    As long as you also get fat and carbs. Your body needs all three to function properly.

Your body doesn't necessarily "need" carbohydrates. They're just the preferred energy source.

Although, I advocate against low-carbohydrate diets. People CAN function without them.

WW3MW3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WW3MW3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WW3MW3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WW3MW3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WW3MW3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WW3MW3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WW3MW3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WW3MW3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WW3MW3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WW3MW3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WW3MW3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by ErikTheElectric View Post
    Your body doesn't necessarily "need" carbohydrates. They're just the preferred energy source.

Although, I advocate against low-carbohydrate diets. People CAN function without them.
    But if you're going to go through the rough workouts, you need that energy, thus dem carbs.

Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I get most of my protein from shakes . yet I heard protein from whole foods makes your muscles grow quicker . SRS .

Not srs
    Ka0s :In my experience, doing heavy barbell squats, bench presses, deadlifts, military presses, rows, etc. builds no significant muscle mass.
    What you need to really get big is a solid routine which focuses on light weights and cable movements to really force blood into those muscles and get that deep burn & powerful contraction

But if you're going to go through the rough workouts, you need that energy, thus dem carbs.
    Define "Rough Workouts"..

I've seen guys that are 220+ pounds, 8% BF training completely fasted Hitting PRs left and right. In my opinion it's all personal preference.

Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Icons93 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Its mostly a placebo effect . People think they need tons of carbs to have a good workout . That der cell tech brah .
    Ka0s :In my experience, doing heavy barbell squats, bench presses, deadlifts, military presses, rows, etc. builds no significant muscle mass.
    What you need to really get big is a solid routine which focuses on light weights and cable movements to really force blood into those muscles and get that deep burn & powerful contraction

Define "Rough Workouts"..

I've seen guys that are 220+ pounds, 8% BF training completely fasted Hitting PRs left and right. In my opinion it's all personal preference.
    Dem, so all you need is protein and fat. More so during a cut. Because carbs can help you eat in a surplus.

Dem, so all you need is protein and fat. More so during a cut. Because carbs can help you eat in a surplus.
    It's all up to the individual really. But yeah mang.

GoHardLiftBig will become famous soon enough. (+50) GoHardLiftBig will become famous soon enough. (+50) GoHardLiftBig will become famous soon enough. (+50) GoHardLiftBig will become famous soon enough. (+50) GoHardLiftBig will become famous soon enough. (+50) GoHardLiftBig will become famous soon enough. (+50) GoHardLiftBig will become famous soon enough. (+50) GoHardLiftBig will become famous soon enough. (+50) GoHardLiftBig will become famous soon enough. (+50) GoHardLiftBig will become famous soon enough. (+50) GoHardLiftBig will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    bad for your wallet, how much do you spend on protein anyways?
    BRB eating moarr

Bench:
    190x5(1/23/12)--200x5(2/1/12)
    Squat:
    225x5(1/24/12)--245x5(2/2/12)
    Deadlift:
    290x5

I rep back

Originally Posted by GoHardLiftBig View Post
    bad for your wallet, how much do you spend on protein anyways?
    Well, if you're like me and don't waste money on **** like McDonald's, candy, chocolate, drinks etc., it won't be as painful. ;D

Finishing cut from 198lbs moonybaby's Avatar
    moonybaby will become famous soon enough. (+50) moonybaby will become famous soon enough. (+50) moonybaby will become famous soon enough. (+50) moonybaby will become famous soon enough. (+50) moonybaby will become famous soon enough. (+50) moonybaby will become famous soon enough. (+50) moonybaby will become famous soon enough. (+50) moonybaby will become famous soon enough. (+50) moonybaby will become famous soon enough. (+50) moonybaby will become famous soon enough. (+50) moonybaby will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    In actual fact, whey protein is the best form of protein to have... followed by eggs then chicken breast then beef i think...

Protein is protein. As long as you're having the amino acids, its fine

Protein supplements just tend to be expensive The majority of my protein comes from eggs and protein shakes
    "Do what you love - fcuk the haters as they can only dream of your reality" Eryk Bui

ParkRanger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkRanger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkRanger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkRanger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkRanger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkRanger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkRanger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkRanger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkRanger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkRanger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkRanger will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Doesn't really matter, but personally I could not do that. Love me some meat.. (nohomo)
    You can't force knowledge into a dumbass any more than you can force sight into a blind man.

When the world breaks your legs you go and beat it with your crutch.

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

jarekd1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jarekd1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jarekd1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jarekd1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jarekd1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jarekd1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jarekd1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jarekd1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jarekd1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jarekd1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jarekd1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Well, if you're like me and don't waste money on **** like McDonald's, candy, chocolate, drinks etc., it won't be as painful. ;D

Why do you think said foods are bad?

Originally Posted by jarekd1234 View Post
    Why do you think said foods are bad?
    McDonald's = massive calories consisting of fat and salt. Optimal if you're on a dirty bulk, but most would like to bulk up with minimal fat gans.

Candy = bad for the teeth, has zero nutritional value (pure sugar or whatever).

Alcohol = counter-productive to muscle building.

Coce = same as candy.

x]

McDonald's = massive calories consisting of fat and salt. Optimal if you're on a dirty bulk, but most would like to bulk up with minimal fat gans.

Coce = same as candy.

x]
    IIFYM . lulz

jarekd1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jarekd1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jarekd1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jarekd1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jarekd1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jarekd1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jarekd1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jarekd1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jarekd1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jarekd1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jarekd1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Coce = same as candy.

x]

Mcdonalds- lots of protein, fats and carbs, you can clean bulk or dirty bulk on it, it depends on the surplus not the names of the foods

candy- it's sugar, just like fruit, all carbs get broken down as sugars eventually

alcohol- yeah

what is coce? you mean coke? same as candy

Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Mcdonalds- lots of protein, fats and carbs, you can clean bulk or dirty bulk on it, it depends on the surplus not the names of the foods

candy- it's sugar, just like fruit, all carbs get broken down as sugars eventually

alcohol- yeah

what is coce? you mean coke? same as candy
    Most of McDonalds food has crappy macro breakdown unless you're planning to bulk on 100g protein, 50g of carbs and 350g of fats.
    https://www.instagram.com/brunobastos_93/
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCshN_nywHWNFH836xZ7VjtQ?view_as=subscriber

Originally Posted by Bruno93 View Post
    Most of McDonalds food has crappy macro breakdown unless you're planning to bulk on 100g protein, 50g of carbs and 350g of fats.

it's not that bad, personally i love cheesburgers and their macro breakdown is awesome, 15g protein 30g carbs 12g fats as far as i remember it's perfect for me

i was once driving from poland to uk in a car and bought 15 of them to keep my macros for the day and ate them by myself in a couple of hours lol everyone was like y u do dis

Therickz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Therickz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Therickz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Therickz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Therickz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Therickz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Therickz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Therickz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Therickz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Therickz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Therickz is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Doesn't matter OP.

Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000)
    it's not that bad, personally i love cheesburgers and their macro breakdown is awesome, 15g protein 30g carbs 12g fats as far as i remember it's perfect for me

i was once driving from poland to uk in a car and bought 15 of them to keep my macros for the day and ate them by myself in a couple of hours lol everyone was like y u do dis
    The fat sounds abit too high. By eating 15 of them, you'd consume 180g of fats, which is way above of what you need, and doesn't give a true benefit as opposed to have a higher protein or carb intake. Not to mention the ammount of sodium that it has from salt, which makes you hold alot of water weight.

Edit: Not too sure about the sodium now that I think about it, the fries have alot of it though.

The fat sounds abit too high. By eating 15 of them, you'd consume 180g of fats, which is way above of what you need, and doesn't give a true benefit as opposed to have a higher protein or carb intake. Not to mention the ammount of sodium that it has from salt, which makes you hold alot of water weight.

Edit: Not too sure about the sodium now that I think about it, the fries have alot of it though.
    Your fat can never be to high IMO. Unless it's transfat.

Your fat can never be to high IMO. Unless it's transfat.
    After a certain point it doesn't really mean it'll increase your hormone production any more. (which is why most people suggest 0.5g of fats per lb of BW) So by that point, it becomes the most useless macro as carbs will give you extra energy and fill the glycogen stores, and protein is well.. protein. Extra protein intake helps especially with low surplus diets.

After a certain point it doesn't really mean it'll increase your hormone production any more. (which is why most people suggest 0.5g of fats per lb of BW) So by that point, it becomes the most useless macro as carbs will give you extra energy and fill the glycogen stores, and protein is well.. protein. Extra protein intake helps especially with low surplus diets.
    Won't protein just be used as energy on a low surplus diet .. wut ...

did i just answer my own question :L ?

Op gets most of his protein from supps.

Me too!

No f*cking WHEY!

Reps if you luled....