Thread: Loose Skin

born has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) born has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) born has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) born has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) born has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) born has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) born has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) born has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) born has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) born has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) born has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Loose Skin

Okay I've posted on here a couple times awhile back, been to busy to really lurk or talk but I've steadily progressed. However I've run into one problem. I got my bodyfat tested not too long ago (maybe 3-4 weeks) came back 12% which is pretty impressive now that i'm 6'2 225. But I was 300 lbs and I was INCREDIBLY fat. However, to make a long story short I have lose skin in my stomach and it isn't getting any better I work my abs like crazy, nothing at all is helping. I went to my doctor and he said chances of it getting better are slim and I should take a look at some surgery options, has anyone here experienced this kind of surgery (tummy tuck I guess) and what kind of results did you see? Also I'd like to know what the prices are on this kind of stuff. All feedback is welcome!
    Pain is weakness leaving the body.
    6'2 215 13.5%

mcVindicated will become famous soon enough. (+50) mcVindicated will become famous soon enough. (+50) mcVindicated will become famous soon enough. (+50) mcVindicated will become famous soon enough. (+50) mcVindicated will become famous soon enough. (+50) mcVindicated will become famous soon enough. (+50) mcVindicated will become famous soon enough. (+50) mcVindicated will become famous soon enough. (+50) mcVindicated will become famous soon enough. (+50) mcVindicated will become famous soon enough. (+50) mcVindicated will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    [/QUOTE]I went to my doctor and he said chances of it getting better are slim and I should take a look at some surgery options[/QUOTE]

your 24 and your doctor told you this?

i'd definetly get a 2nd opinion with a doctor that doesnt watch so much niptuck

loose skin = time

bulkin_ up is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulkin_ up is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulkin_ up is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulkin_ up is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulkin_ up is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulkin_ up is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulkin_ up is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulkin_ up is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulkin_ up is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulkin_ up is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulkin_ up is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    bro i was in the same boat,, being fat and all,, skin is cool because it will eventually tighten itself back up. just keep working hard, and it will come. dont be discouraged, because sometimes it can take as long as 7 years.
    "I Support Same Sex Marriage......As Long As Both Chicks Are Hot"

"What Idiot Put The Letter "S" In "Lisp"?

Supplements Used:
    Whey
    Micronized Creatine
    Multi Vitamin/Mineral
    Co-Q10
    Coral Calcium
    Vitamin C
    Vitamin E
    Magnesium
    Zinc
    Glucosamine/MSM/Chondroitin
    Melatonin

50joe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 50joe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 50joe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 50joe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 50joe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 50joe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 50joe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 50joe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 50joe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 50joe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 50joe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by bulkin' up
    bro i was in the same boat,, being fat and all,, skin is cool because it will eventually tighten itself back up. just keep working hard, and it will come. dont be discouraged, because sometimes it can take as long as 7 years.
    Bump to this. I'm in the club too. It took me quite a few years for it to look normal again, I believe like 4-5 ( i lost a lot). I guess surgery will be instant, but if you can wait, you'll save some $$, and there won't be any risk of it looking unnatural.
    50joe...lover of bodybuilding, and builder of 4G63T motors.

Originally posted by psikooz:
    "I have seen it happen to lots of young prosperous bodbuilders, they start taking creatine 5 grams a day, then eventually its 10. then after a month or 2 they stop and they get sick and want creatine... All they can think about is creatine.. CREATINE CREATINE!!! Finally when they get some they start taking 20 gs aday just to feed the habit, and before you know it they die of withdrawl."

born has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) born has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) born has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) born has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) born has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) born has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) born has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) born has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) born has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) born has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) born has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hmmm just what I wanted to hear guys, thanks a million!
    6'2 215 13.5%

Not what I use to be..... StrongEnough?'s Avatar
    StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by born
    Hmmm just what I wanted to hear guys, thanks a million!
    Are you being facicous?

It's going to take time dude! You say you work your abs like crazy, post your workout. Perhaps you're over training them.

J Wes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) J Wes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Skin

Okay I've posted on here a couple times awhile back, been to busy to really lurk or talk but I've steadily progressed. However I've run into one problem. I got my bodyfat tested not too long ago (maybe 3-4 weeks) came back 12% which is pretty impressive now that i'm 6'2 225. But I was 300 lbs and I was INCREDIBLY fat. However, to make a long story short I have lose skin in my stomach and it isn't getting any better I work my abs like crazy, nothing at all is helping. I went to my doctor and he said chances of it getting better are slim and I should take a look at some surgery options, has anyone here experienced this kind of surgery (tummy tuck I guess) and what kind of results did you see? Also I'd like to know what the prices are on this kind of stuff. All feedback is welcome!
    How long did it take to lose the weight? The loose skin sounds like you lost the weight pretty fast. I have friends that did the gastric operation and lost tons of weight way too fast. The skin did not have time to adapt to the weight lose, so they all have very loose skin. And depending on how much the skin was stretched, you might actually need surgery. But give it some time to see what you skin does. Like one member said, it might take up to 7 years, tho for your sake, i hope not.

good luck
    Some sacrifices are worth making if it means that i can have a body of a "god".

"The biggest crutch to any goal is indecisiveness".

'The hardest decision in bodybuilding is to decide whether you are cutting up or bulking up."

DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Congratulations on your weight loss! After massive weight loss, skin and and stretched tissues sometimes only contract so far. For many, the connective tissues have broken (stretch marks) that just does not behave like unstressed tissue. Tummy Tuck Abdominoplasty can help tighten the loose abdominal wall and skin. There are many pages of before and after surgery pictures. However, most revealing is how the tissues move before and after surgery. Check out these movies of patients before and after surgery. The movies better show the problem and quality of the surgical sculpture than limited still photographs.

You can read many experiences about this sculpture here. There are pages of patients experiences posted there. You can also listen to patient experience here. The audio files let the emotion of the patient get expressed much more than written words.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
    Learn More About Tummy Tuck Abdominal Sculpture
    Last edited by DrBermant; 11-29-2005 at 03:45 AM.
    Michael Bermant, MD
    Board Certified
    American Board of Plastic Surgery
    http://www.PlasticSurgery4U.com

epote has a spectacular aura about. (+250) epote has a spectacular aura about. (+250) epote has a spectacular aura about. (+250) epote has a spectacular aura about. (+250) epote has a spectacular aura about. (+250) epote has a spectacular aura about. (+250) epote has a spectacular aura about. (+250) epote has a spectacular aura about. (+250) epote has a spectacular aura about. (+250) epote has a spectacular aura about. (+250) epote has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    yeah, loose skin is a myth, it will heal over time.

someone sould tell that to this guy:

truth is if you skin looks something like this:

theres prety much nothing you can do besides surgery
    "'Tis some visitor," I muttered, "tapping at my chamber door-
    Only this, and nothing more."

Mine looks a lot like the one in the second link you posted, although not nearly as wrinkled and grotesque but it's there. Like I said I'm 11.5% but I don't feel it. Pretty much everyone is in unison on recommending me being patient with it?
    6'2 215 13.5%

Dimensionally Gifted KingOfChaos's Avatar
    KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by epote

****, I thought mine was bad O_o
    http://www.alanaragon.com/
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/
    http://www.leangains.com/

Jones25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jones25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jones25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jones25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jones25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jones25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jones25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jones25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jones25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jones25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jones25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've had peope tell me that it will take time for it to go back, well I started losing weight when I was 15, now am 19, and it hasn't gone back at all so...yeah..

Dimensionally Gifted KingOfChaos's Avatar
    KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Here's what mine looks like
    Attached Images
    http://www.alanaragon.com/
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/
    http://www.leangains.com/

PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Pretty much everyone is in unison on recommending me being patient with it?
    Give it at least a year to tighten.

Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I just don't understand how that guy got that much loose skin ! he must have weighed like 1000 pounds!

Some of the Biggest loser guys were 400 pounds and didn't have that much loose skin when losing all that weight.

quest55720 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quest55720 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quest55720 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quest55720 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quest55720 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quest55720 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quest55720 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quest55720 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quest55720 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quest55720 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quest55720 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am starting to see the first signs of loose skin. I just hope it is not to bad because it would suck to loose all the weight and not be able to show it off at the beach.

Any one have the surgery? How much did it cost and was it worth it?

Marine Ninja has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Marine Ninja has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Marine Ninja has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Marine Ninja has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Marine Ninja has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Marine Ninja has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Marine Ninja has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Marine Ninja has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Marine Ninja has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Marine Ninja has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Doods, loose skin doesn't tighten. You gotta get DMSO and dissolve two hot rox tabs and then rub it in. It'll nano-dispurse that loose skin right off.
    Weight:Mass
    Height:vertical
    Bench:1.5 tons
    Squat: with legs
    Deadlift:three goombas.

Supplements: your mom's disability check.

T-man4lyfe is not very well liked. (-100) T-man4lyfe is not very well liked. (-100) T-man4lyfe is not very well liked. (-100) T-man4lyfe is not very well liked. (-100) T-man4lyfe is not very well liked. (-100) T-man4lyfe is not very well liked. (-100) T-man4lyfe is not very well liked. (-100) T-man4lyfe is not very well liked. (-100) T-man4lyfe is not very well liked. (-100) T-man4lyfe is not very well liked. (-100) T-man4lyfe is not very well liked. (-100)
    Alpha Male contains the most potent, full-spectrum extractions in the world. These preparations are so potent and rich in active content that they have to remain in a semi-liquid state during the manufacturing process. In the final step, each extraction is carefully blended into Biotest's proprietary, Nano-Dispersed Gel, then encapsulated in sealed capsules to preserve potency.

Mine isn't nearly as bad as any of those pictures, nothing in the pecs just in the stomach. I'll let it settle and see what it does. Thanks guys!
    6'2 215 13.5%

DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by epote
    yeah, loose skin is a myth, it will heal over time.

someone sould tell that to this guy:

truth is if you skin looks something like this:

Michael Bermant, MD
    Board Certified
    American Board of Plastic Surgery
    http://www.PlasticSurgery4U.com

Chyeaaaa buuddaaaaahhh chyeaaaa's Avatar
    chyeaaaa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chyeaaaa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chyeaaaa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chyeaaaa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chyeaaaa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chyeaaaa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chyeaaaa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chyeaaaa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chyeaaaa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chyeaaaa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chyeaaaa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bulkin_ up
    agreed^^ Ok, im only 19 right now but i did lose about 65 since last feb(230 to 165).. At first i was starting to have alot of loose skin around my stomach and chest but slowly but surely it has gotten tighter and tighter.. now im trying to get into single digit bf and it seems like its back to normal casue my bf has been kinda low for the past couple months