Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by CookAndrewB
    Think about it, not even dairy, egg, beef, chicken, pork farmers push this kind of massive protein intake and it would directly benefit their industry, wouldn't it? You don't see them pushing or marketing ultra high protein diets in bodybuilding magazines and that makes me scratch my head.
    Because those industries spend their advertising money trying to reach as many consumers or potential consumers as possible, not trying to get 0.001% of their consumers to eat 50% more chicken. That's marketing basics

I think everyone should try different things and see what works best for them. There's a good chance the majority of this forum would see similar gains on 100g of protein or 200g of protein.

I can do this all day Farley1324's Avatar
    Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by CookAndrewB View Post

I do believe (not to sound too conspiracy theorist) that the only people who gain from massive protein consumption are the supplement companies. The biggest source for this recommendation comes from the supplement industry, and those people who have decided to parrot the supplement industry. Think about it, not even dairy, egg, beef, chicken, pork farmers push this kind of massive protein intake and it would directly benefit their industry, wouldn't it? You don't see them pushing or marketing ultra high protein diets in bodybuilding magazines and that makes me scratch my head. Frankly, if not for deception and flat out lies, most of the supplement industry would cease to exist. They prey upon the fears and insecurities of people to make a living, and that doesn't exactly inspire me (any longer) to follow their advice. Lest you think I'm an anti-supplementation guy, that isn't the truth. There are good supplements that have been heavily researched, but that is a pretty short list compared to what is out there for purchase.

My $.02, and you can all feel free to do as you please.
    People who read bodybuilding magazines are a tiny fraction of the farmers' market. Why would they spend ad money there? They barely have any advertising as is, comparatively speaking.

CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Farley1324 View Post
    People who read bodybuilding magazines are a tiny fraction of the farmers' market. Why would they spend ad money there? They barely have any advertising as is, comparatively speaking.
    Actually, all of these farming segments have large advertising budgets. Not the farmer as an individual, but they are parts of lobby groups that have a significant interest in maintaining prices, etc.

You really don't think it is weird that you don't see advertisements? If you could put a little money into a targeted audience that you know is a "super user" of your product, you get far more bang for your buck than taking a shotgun approach to advertising. It doesn't matter how small the population of the target is, compared to the whole of the market, if that population has a much higher rate of return. If you could potentially make 2x the money off of even half of the 627,000 customers in Muscle and Fitness magazine, you don't think that would warrant attention? If the REAL aim was to get people eating more protein because it mattered to this industry (which does have a pretty large and dedicated following... we aren't talking about trying to advertise to local HAM radio operators here), then you REALLY don't think it is weird that the meat and dairy industry aren't more heavily involved, or suggested?

I think you are both off the mark here. This is an advertising pitch to get you to buy supplements. It has nothing to do with "marketing basics" or a lack of marketing funds by huge government lobby groups.

Supplement companies don't profit if you eat normal food. If supplement companies don't profit from the suggestion to eat more protein, does the suggestion stay the same? Or does some other suggestion arise? I guess that is my real point.
    GoRuck Challenge Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150446113

"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little." -Edmund Burke

"Because your own strength is unequal to the task, do not assume that it is beyond the powers of man; but if anything is within the powers and province of man, believe that it is within your own compass also." -Marcus Aurelius

SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000)
    3 meals in prison total more than 2000 calories, I assure you of that.
    Real Men Eat Meat and Vegetables.

rhysoh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i am no pro but i also no "a couple of guys" who went to prison,England btw and they bought steroids inside.
    Also you dont need protein to become bigger or stronger it just speeds it up by 5x or so and steroids speeds it up by 30x ive been working out for 6 month for 4 of those months i just lifted dumbells and hammerd the press ups/sit ups i changed but it got to the point were i was stuck so i joined my local gym and all of the lads i consider "big lads" told me the same thing protein shakes and creatine are key.
    there is another type of man who attends my gym sounds abit like you tbh not fat or thin foot ballers legs wide pecks and there biceps look like goose eggs they are ROCK hard to the touch.

i no wich 1 i want to be so bring on the protein!!!!
    btw just started with the creatine today will start with the shakes tomorow 1 after my work out feed the old mewsells.

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    When did this become PRISON CHAT THREAD?

I'm confused.

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    According to this chart, we should be calling each other *******s anytime now.

Source7769 is a name known to all. (+5000) Source7769 is a name known to all. (+5000) Source7769 is a name known to all. (+5000) Source7769 is a name known to all. (+5000) Source7769 is a name known to all. (+5000) Source7769 is a name known to all. (+5000) Source7769 is a name known to all. (+5000) Source7769 is a name known to all. (+5000) Source7769 is a name known to all. (+5000) Source7769 is a name known to all. (+5000) Source7769 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by warrior4jchrist View Post
    yeah seriously dude im sick of people talkin bout protein, I dont use any supplements and I still get my gains.
    if thats the case somebody did the switch a roo with ur avatar
    **Strong Join Date Crew**

Lions*Buckeyes*Royals*Celtics*Islanders

**NJ Crew 973**

Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by acrawlingchaos View Post
    According to this chart, we should be calling each other *******s anytime now.

Why is your squat only 10 lbs higher than your bench, *******? j/k on the ******* part.... but sort of serious on the question.

Originally Posted by JasonDB View Post
    Why is your squat only 10 lbs higher than your bench, *******? j/k on the ******* part.... but sort of serious on the question.
    I was training a lot of gymnastics movements for about 6 months. It was kind of a hobby. Low mass on the legs actually helps with most gymnastics moves in that.

A. Its less weight you have to pull.
    B. Many gymnastic moves are lever based, so being disproportion and having less mass means an advanatage with the levers. Adding 10lbs of lean mass on the legs can make the difference in being able to do a back lever or not, or getting a muscle up.

Gymnastics moves don't really have a lot of lower body moves past a pistol squat. So I ignored legs and in exchange, I am able to do some decent parkour type bodywork.

This left with an A+ core
    A well developed back
    And extremely under developed legs.

I am trying to change that now. I now work legs twice a week. One heavy day and one 20 rep squats day with GOMAD. It isn't just the squat. My DL sucks as well. Form was **** and had to deload back to 135 to learn a proper hip drive. I wasn't using the glutes / hams to break from the ground. It was ugly.

I'm happy with my progress, and my squats is catching up. I actually can't wear my Slim fit jeans anymore. It's just time....

Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by acrawlingchaos View Post
    I was training a lot of gymnastics movements for about 6 months. It was kind of a hobby. Low mass on the legs actually helps with most gymnastics moves in that.

A. Its less weight you have to pull.
    B. Many gymnastic moves are lever based, so being disproportion and having less mass means an advanatage with the levers. Adding 10lbs of lean mass on the legs can make the difference in being able to do a back lever or not, or getting a muscle up.

Gymnastics moves don't really have a lot of lower body moves past a pistol squat. So I ignored legs and in exchange, I am able to do some decent parkour type bodywork.

This left with an A+ core
    A well developed back
    And extremely under developed legs.

I am trying to change that now. I now work legs twice a week. One heavy day and one 20 rep squats day with GOMAD. It isn't just the squat. My DL sucks as well. Form was **** and had to deload back to 135 to learn a proper hip drive. I wasn't using the glutes / hams to break from the ground. It was ugly.

I'm happy with my progress, and my squats is catching up. I actually can't wear my Slim fit jeans anymore. It's just time....

Gotcha I have known a couple gymnists and they did not train legs, and your explination makes sense.

willewonka87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willewonka87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willewonka87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willewonka87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willewonka87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willewonka87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willewonka87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willewonka87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willewonka87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willewonka87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willewonka87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    no offense but people who do time already have some type of muscle building history

soccerstud11 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) soccerstud11 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Also man these guys in jail have nothing else to do i mean....they're in jail....they dont really get junk food....and they dont have a job....so what do they do? they workout all day long. everyday. and most are in there for awhile...atleast the big guys you see..so they've been doing this for several years. idc if you are taking any kind of protein. if you workout for 3+ hours everyday without junkfood....youre probably going to be a monster lol...we just dont because most of us dont have the time to actually do that every single day. when someone who is incarcirated...has nothing but time...because hell...they're doing time! just my $0.02...