DMurph51 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DMurph51 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DMurph51 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DMurph51 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DMurph51 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DMurph51 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DMurph51 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DMurph51 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DMurph51 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DMurph51 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DMurph51 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

coming off keto- what do?

how do i come off keto? is there a safe way to do it? im worried about insulin sensitivity retardation after being on the diet for over 6months.

veteran's responses get reps.
    [IIFYM]

CKD Calculator (copy pasta):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=784518
    Carb-Load Guide (copy pasta):
    http://www.simplyshredded.com/research-review-an-in-depth-look-into-carbing-up-on-the-cyclical-ketogenic-diet-with-lyle-mcdonald.html

reps to ananf72 for life.

Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Goodnight sweet prince.

-gradually add more carbs while simultaneously reducing fat to keep cals below/at maint.

2GramsOFtren will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2GramsOFtren will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2GramsOFtren will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2GramsOFtren will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2GramsOFtren will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2GramsOFtren will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2GramsOFtren will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2GramsOFtren will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2GramsOFtren will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2GramsOFtren will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2GramsOFtren will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'd myself implement a TKD approach and slowly taper up the carbs post workout.. and go from there

Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Bonkies View Post
    Goodnight sweet prince.
    Lol, yeah that. Have a bed nearby for the insane carb coma that's going to hit you.

I don't think you'll have a problem. Just ease into it for a day or two if you're worried.

DMurph51 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DMurph51 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DMurph51 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DMurph51 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DMurph51 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DMurph51 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DMurph51 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DMurph51 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DMurph51 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DMurph51 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DMurph51 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i wont be coming off until december. just getting the word out there now
    [IIFYM]

http://www.simplyshredded.com/research-review-an-in-depth-look-into-carbing-up-on-the-cyclical-ketogenic-diet-with-lyle-mcdonald.html

BrainsToGains has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrainsToGains has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrainsToGains has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrainsToGains has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrainsToGains has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrainsToGains has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrainsToGains has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrainsToGains has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrainsToGains has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrainsToGains has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrainsToGains has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    may i ask why?

the real question is 'why am i still in keto?'

i was in keto to cut, which ended about 4 weeks ago, and im now bulking. im a healthy individual with no medical reason to be on the diet. it also happens to be a really cheap way for me to eat.

if i can make better gains / look better/bigger because of carbs and the anabolic effect of insulin, then im simply wasting my time otherwise if i am not doing so.
    [IIFYM]

Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by DMurph51 View Post
    the real question is 'why am i still in keto?'

i was in keto to cut, which ended about 4 weeks ago, and im now bulking. im a healthy individual with no medical reason to be on the diet. it also happens to be a really cheap way for me to eat.

if i can make better gains / look better/bigger because of carbs and the anabolic effect of insulin, then im simply wasting my time otherwise if i am not doing so.
    Since you're already into a bulking phase, maybe just ride out keto for a while and see if you're happy with the gains you get while on it. At worst, you'll have first hand experience on how keto works for you on a bulk. And I know what I'm about to say is not proven and very controversial, I don't wish to start any arguments over it, but from my own experience, I'm personally convinced that a person is almost certainly better in the long run without the carbs and the constant blood sugar rollercoaster over the course of many years. I wish I would have started keto 20 years ago. Just a thought, but to each his own.

Since you're already into a bulking phase, maybe just ride out keto for a while and see if you're happy with the gains you get while on it. At worst, you'll have first hand experience on how keto works for you on a bulk. And I know what I'm about to say is not proven and very controversial, I don't wish to start any arguments over it, but from my own experience, I'm personally convinced that a person is almost certainly better in the long run without the carbs and the constant blood sugar rollercoaster over the course of many years. I wish I would have started keto 20 years ago. Just a thought, but to each his own.
    i've made gains while bulking on keto, and im happy with them. but i believe that i can make better gains on a carb based diet. plus, i do miss the ability to eat whatever foods i like with my family and friends. it's been soo long since i've gone out to eat and ordered a pasta dish as opposed to a steak, or eaten my mom's pasta or the pizza my dad makes on weekends.

keto is a fine diet, although it is currently incongruent with my goals (to add mass).
    [IIFYM]

Originally Posted by DMurph51 View Post
    it's been soo long since i've gone out to eat and ordered a pasta dish as opposed to a steak, or eaten my mom's pasta or the pizza my dad makes on weekends.
    I can absolutely identify with you there.

Mixano has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mixano has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mixano has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mixano has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mixano has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mixano has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mixano has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mixano has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mixano has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mixano has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mixano has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Add the carbs in slowly, as suggested I would add the carbs in around the workout first for me I started with around 40g pre workout and 40g post, after two weeks I added 40g of carbs in the 2nd meal after the workout. Every couple weeks I added 40g till I got to my max amount it seemed to go pretty well no rapid weight gain or water retention. Goodluck.
    " Yeeeaahhhhhh Buddy "

MrSoLoDoLo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrSoLoDoLo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrSoLoDoLo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrSoLoDoLo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrSoLoDoLo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrSoLoDoLo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrSoLoDoLo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrSoLoDoLo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrSoLoDoLo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrSoLoDoLo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrSoLoDoLo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i gained size like a mf'er coming off of keto. the strength gains were unreal and rapid. every time going to the gym was amazing. i would literally have my annoying friends asking me everyday what i was on which i took as a compliment because on keto i kept having friends ask if i was getting sick. it got really irritating.

i just went straight to a traditional bb diet, mindful of what i ate, protein packed. tried lowered the fat to about 100 grams (900 cals). and matched the protein/carbs. 300 grams (1200 cals each)

i didnt go all nazi on it. if i ate some junk food in the morning or afternoon, then my fat/carbs were blown for the day and i stayed with lean proteins to counter balance it.

my first keto cut i got down to 173, after i got up to 198 and stilled looked great. now my goal is to get to 185ish on keto again and mass up to 215.

DonaldDeltoids has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DonaldDeltoids has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DonaldDeltoids has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DonaldDeltoids has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DonaldDeltoids has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by 2GramsOFtren View Post
    I'd myself implement a TKD approach and slowly taper up the carbs post workout.. and go from there
    lulwat

ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by DonaldDeltoids View Post
    lulwat
    What would you recommend 'donalddeltoids'? lol, that name.

DonaldDeltoids has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DonaldDeltoids has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DonaldDeltoids has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DonaldDeltoids has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DonaldDeltoids has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ananf72 View Post
    What would you recommend 'donalddeltoids'? lol, that name.
    jus questioning teh post workout carbs

No Bull**** Bodybuilding greekmanman's Avatar
    greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Donald just got Bozzed...
    Admin @ No Bull**** Bodybuilding: ********.com/nobull****bodybuildingverified

Admin @ No Stress Nutrition

Admin @ Hollywood's Rabid Cage: ********.com/groups/309091175828038/

Live, laugh, love and above all, please stay safe~

FBTK gives you facials.

http://instagram.com/edmaestheticss