nyblueshirt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

2 Weeks only 4 lbs ? I started at 436

So I am very discouraged because I started this 2 weeks ago today and I am only down 4 lbs.

I have cut out bad foods out of my diet and I have been eating clean.

I am 432lbs now but shouldn't I have lost more than this ?

I have been lifting weights at the gym and doing cardio everyday.

It's really hard to stick with something when you see results like this.

Can someone help me with my diet?

drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    At your size you can manage more but 2 pounds per week is excellent progress.

Read the tacked threads at the top of the forum.
    04/2010 - 295 Fattest
    11/11/11 - 171.8

Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Eating clean makes zero difference if it still means you are eating laods of calories. Start tracking what your eating, measure everything and find out how many caloires you are actually eating each day.

Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Define eating clean.

2000 calories from McDonalds is the same as 2000 calories from salad.

-1g of protein per lb of lean body mass
    -0.45g of fat per lb of body weight
    -fill the rest from any combination of c/p/f
    -lift heavy.
    -eat at a caloric deficit

If you're doing these things, you WILL lose weight.

What's your deficit?
    Currently cutting.

nyblueshirt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    no i am not eating mcdonalds.

jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    dude. Your doing fine what do you expect?

ThatBigSwole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatBigSwole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatBigSwole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatBigSwole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatBigSwole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatBigSwole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatBigSwole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatBigSwole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatBigSwole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatBigSwole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatBigSwole is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Youve lost 4 pounds you should be ecstatic. You have a terrible attitude, just give up if you really think thats the best choice.

icall is on a distinguished road. (+10) icall is on a distinguished road. (+10) icall is on a distinguished road. (+10) icall is on a distinguished road. (+10) icall is on a distinguished road. (+10) icall is on a distinguished road. (+10) icall is on a distinguished road. (+10) icall is on a distinguished road. (+10) icall is on a distinguished road. (+10) icall is on a distinguished road. (+10) icall is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Nothing wrong with eating McDonalds. What I believe the poster was saying was calories are calories. If you mainenance calories are 3000 calories (guess) and you eat 2000 calories of Big Macs, you're going to lose 2lbs per week (1000 calorie deficit times 7 day = 7000 calories/3500 calories per pound = 2lbs)

Figure out what your maintenance is and work from there. A 500 calorie deficit per day should be a pound per week. 1000 for 2 pounds, etc.

Focus on your protein requirement of 1gm/pound of lean body mass. Get some vitamins either through veggies or a multi and take some fish oils. Structure a meal plan within your calorie requirement to suit your tastes. Its the only way you'll stick with it.

I'm down 91lbs from my highest. The easiest diets I've found were the ones I created myself. As I lost weight, my calorie requirement would decrease. I started around 2200 calories to lose 2lb/week. I'm now down to 1700 calories to lose 1.5lb/week. If you want to eat more, add cardio to make up the difference.

Once you learn how all this works, creating a plan that works for you is easy. Read the stickies and learn. You will change your life if you do!

MetalLover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MetalLover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MetalLover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MetalLover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MetalLover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MetalLover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MetalLover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MetalLover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MetalLover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MetalLover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MetalLover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Fat loss isn't linear anyway. I lost 4 lbs the week before last and 0 lbs last week, to my surprise when I weighed in yesterday. It honestly didn't phase me. I just thought I look forward to reading next week's weigh-in.

Keep at it, OP! Read the stickies and listen to the regs here.

HealthResearch is a name known to all. (+5000) HealthResearch is a name known to all. (+5000) HealthResearch is a name known to all. (+5000) HealthResearch is a name known to all. (+5000) HealthResearch is a name known to all. (+5000) HealthResearch is a name known to all. (+5000) HealthResearch is a name known to all. (+5000) HealthResearch is a name known to all. (+5000) HealthResearch is a name known to all. (+5000) HealthResearch is a name known to all. (+5000) HealthResearch is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by MetalLover View Post
    Fat loss isn't linear anyway. I lost 4 lbs the week before last and 0 lbs last week, to my surprise when I weighed in yesterday. It honestly didn't phase me. I just thought I look forward to reading next week's weigh-in.

Keep at it, OP! Read the stickies and listen to the regs here.
    Water weight fluctuations, not fat loss inconsistencies.

Metamorphose has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Metamorphose has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Metamorphose has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Metamorphose has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Metamorphose has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Metamorphose has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Metamorphose has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Metamorphose has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Metamorphose has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Metamorphose has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Metamorphose has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I started out heavier than you and yes, you should have dropped more weight but water weight not fat mass. So if you dropped fat only then you are on track. Keep up the good work. If you are going the low carb route, make sure you take measurements and track your progress. Don't fixate on the scale. Post your diet up here, and lets see if we can't help you fine tune it.
    I rep back 100%

IFYM crew, Keto crew, IF crew ( having breakfast at 2pm u mad )

Former 450lb+ crew, Lost 100lb+ crew

To undergo or be capable of undergoing a change in form or nature by or as if by metamorphosis.

If you ever get knocked down get the F*CK up!

MetalLover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MetalLover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MetalLover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MetalLover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MetalLover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MetalLover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MetalLover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MetalLover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MetalLover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MetalLover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MetalLover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by HealthResearch View Post
    Water weight fluctuations, not fat loss inconsistencies.
    Yeah I realised my mistake of putting "fat loss" instead of "weight loss" after I posted it.

BeefCakez is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BeefCakez is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BeefCakez is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BeefCakez is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BeefCakez is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BeefCakez is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BeefCakez is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BeefCakez is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BeefCakez is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BeefCakez is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BeefCakez is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by ThatBigSwole View Post
    Youve lost 4 pounds you should be ecstatic. You have a terrible attitude, just give up if you really think thats the best choice.
    lol you harsh mother trucker

ArmanMonstah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ArmanMonstah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ArmanMonstah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ArmanMonstah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ArmanMonstah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ArmanMonstah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ArmanMonstah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ArmanMonstah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ArmanMonstah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ArmanMonstah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ArmanMonstah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    1800kcal diet + you are what you eat + cardio 3 times a week for 90 minutes or so.

pianoforte will become famous soon enough. (+50) pianoforte will become famous soon enough. (+50) pianoforte will become famous soon enough. (+50) pianoforte will become famous soon enough. (+50) pianoforte will become famous soon enough. (+50) pianoforte will become famous soon enough. (+50) pianoforte will become famous soon enough. (+50) pianoforte will become famous soon enough. (+50) pianoforte will become famous soon enough. (+50) pianoforte will become famous soon enough. (+50) pianoforte will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by nyblueshirt View Post
    So I am very discouraged because I started this 2 weeks ago today and I am only down 4 lbs.
    Would be interesting to see what you are eating on a daily basis. I'd recommend using a tracking site such as MyfitnessPal and logging EVERYTHING you eat and drink.
    It's too easy to be selective in recalling what you ate that day. TBH i would have expected a more dramatic weight loss in the 1st 2 weeks given your starting weight and your change in lifestyle. Something needs sorting. But 2lbs a week is a good start, don't be discouraged.

AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by ArmanMonstah View Post
    1800kcal diet...
    He's 6'2 and 432 pounds. He can eat a lot more than that and still lose weight and not feel like he is starving. 1800 calories sucks ass! ;P

OP, make sure you are counting calories. Try eating 2500 calories a day with around 200 grams of protein, 80-100 grams of fat, the rest a combination of whatever you want (protein, carbs,or fat) and see how you do for 3 or 4 weeks. If weight loss isn't where you want it, lower by 250 cals and keep going or add more cardio. Up to you. If you don't have a digital food scale, get one.
    ^^Former 300+lb Crew^^
    Brain Tumor Crew