Page 187 of 195 FirstFirst ... 87 137 177 185 186 187 188 189 ... LastLast
Results 5,581 to 5,610 of 5831
    Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by kitebean View Post
    yesterday was a baaaaaaad day. today is a BETTER day
    a whole world in those statements.
    "The human race is still largely a group of monkeys with slightly better grooming habits. Give them a microscope and and they'll examine their own ****, give them a telescope and they'll go looking for tits."

wolfpack7483 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolfpack7483 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolfpack7483 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolfpack7483 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolfpack7483 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolfpack7483 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolfpack7483 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolfpack7483 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolfpack7483 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolfpack7483 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolfpack7483 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hope today's an even better one!
    Those who do not move, do not notice their chains. Rosa Luxemburg

serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Care to give a little more detail?
    "Choice is ours whether
    we become victim or victor!!"

"You know, when you get old, in life, things get taken from you. I mean, that's... that's... that's a part of life. But, you only learn that when you start losin' stuff. You find out life's this game of inches...."

kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000)
    not alot to add

just trying to stay positive every day, be OK with the fact I can't train everyday....just do little things like get dressed and go out! bought some new makeup. started wearing my good watch again. not eating too much. (but not being stupid either) i have been spending probably 3-4 hours a day working on my cv, talking to agents, trawling for jobs....casting my net wider than christchurch....so, not alot to say, just trying hard, changing little things everyday. Going to doctor again Monday because I don't think this regime is working. temp was 35.4 yesterday. so no sign of it going up at all...

thanks ladies for being here, I just don't have many words at the moment.
    when ego is lost, limit is lost

LOOK WHERE YOU WANT TO GO

Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You are a tough Kiwi..

Right now it doesn't matter what the results will be.
    Whats more important is that you test the waters. You share the story.. you add a different aspect to your recovery..

Leap and the net will appear..

Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    not alot to add

just trying to stay positive every day, be OK with the fact I can't train everyday....just do little things like get dressed and go out! bought some new makeup. started wearing my good watch again. not eating too much. (but not being stupid either) i have been spending probably 3-4 hours a day working on my cv, talking to agents, trawling for jobs....casting my net wider than christchurch....so, not alot to say, just trying hard, changing little things everyday. Going to doctor again Monday because I don't think this regime is working. temp was 35.4 yesterday. so no sign of it going up at all...

thanks ladies for being here, I just don't have many words at the moment.
    Keep trying, Susan You never know when you are just half an inch away from opportunity. The ones that respond positively, is the one that you can consider. Others that do not respond, do not waste your time grieving about it, as they obviously are not where you should be.

I know a positive light is always shining down on you

bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Just checking in...my thyroid is wonky these days, too. So I empathize. Some days I feel like it's all I can do just to get through it..better days ahead!!

wolfpack7483 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolfpack7483 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolfpack7483 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolfpack7483 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolfpack7483 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolfpack7483 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolfpack7483 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolfpack7483 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolfpack7483 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolfpack7483 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolfpack7483 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Megin View Post
    You are a tough Kiwi..

So damn cute!!!

Originally Posted by bosgirlin09 View Post
    Just checking in...my thyroid is wonky these days, too. So I empathize. Some days I feel like it's all I can do just to get through it..better days ahead!!
    This is me lately, too! Seems to going around a lot here these days.

Hope today is a better one for you KB and Kim

serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Meh. Little steps for a bit, eh? Im there with you lady.
    Make up? I have more of it that I use. I always think I will be bold and try a new look, nope.

I do hope that you are ok, and can find something to cheer you up. xx
    "Choice is ours whether

"You know, when you get old, in life, things get taken from you. I mean, that's... that's... that's a part of life. But, you only learn that when you start losin' stuff. You find out life's this game of inches...."

kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000)
    New Month....making plans! haha can't stop thinking about Miranda's recent blog on the subject - but I reckon I'm OK because I don't really have a goal as such....except to get well

I already blew one of them though - at first I thought ok NO alchohol all month. Then Colin reminded me that the All Blacks ARE going to win the Rugby World Cup this month, so I said OK, I will ONLY drink champagne! But no....I met my lovely old friend Jason the masseuse at the pub I haven't caught up with him in person since last December (!) I can't believe how time flies. He is so lovely, he looks great, he has left his fiance....he deserves a great girl. Anyway, I caved and had a Pinot. Just one though! So, here is a list of a few things I intend to do/not do during October:

Lifting ONLY 3 Days per week - Upper Saturday, Lower Sunday, Full Body Wednesday
    Cardio/Weighted Ab Work on Monday
    YOGA - Monday and Thursday
    Walk on the Beach for a minimum of 20 minutes each day
    Swimming or something different easy cardio wise once a week

Chocolate once per week (try for none)
    Soy (tempeh) one day per week
    Protein bar one per week (try for none)
    Max 1 x diet pop per week (try for none)
    One treat per week
    Alchohol only if OUT and only one day per week max

Keep carbs low ~70 grams per day max
    Pre - oats & whey
    Post - Eggs and veggies
    Breakfast on non-lifting days - Oat Bran, whey, coconut oil, berries
    One fruit per day MAX (try for none)
    Lunch - Eggs on none lifting days
    Snacks - Bega cheese, cc, nuts (max 20g/day)
    Dinner - fish and veggies (tempeh one night per week)
    Snack - Yogurt & whey

Not measuring!

Lots of herbal teas. Coffee in the morning

Body brush and oil everyday
    7 sun salutations upon waking daily

Head wise: Get dressed (not GYM clothes!) and get out of the house everyday.
    Write something here everyday
    Spend at least 2 hours a day job hunting
    Spend at least 2 hours a day cleaning/paperwork something constructive around the house

Anything else anyone can think of????
    Last edited by kitebean; 10-01-2011 at 11:33 AM.

Anything else anyone can think of????
    Um, breathe?

Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Miranda's recent blog on the subject
    Originally Posted by Susan
    Colin reminded me that the All Blacks ARE going to win the Rugby World Cup this month
    kiwis agains manly sea eagles? that's the local club here in manly.

people have been going mad for weeks about it.

and i train at the manly sea eagles club gym

Originally Posted by Susan
    Head wise: Get dressed (not GYM clothes!) and get out of the house everyday.
    that's the most important bit.
    "The human race is still largely a group of monkeys with slightly better grooming habits. Give them a microscope and and they'll examine their own ****, give them a telescope and they'll go looking for tits."

Originally Posted by Miranda View Post
    kiwis agains manly sea eagles? that's the local club here in manly.

people have been going mad for weeks about it.

and i train at the manly sea eagles club gym
    Yes, the WARRIORS I don't know much about League though, Jason gave me a quick lesson yesterday. mmmm i love rugby quads

I am feeling anxious rather than depressed today and I have a sore tummy for some reason I have a Skype interview in the morning.....which seems wierd. it's just with an agent though, I think she needs to prove to herself that what she reads and hears on the phone comes from a woman who at least semi looks the part....

Then to the doctor. I am so grateful to Emma-Leigh for her support and ideas I am just so focused on getting well. Which is good!
    Last edited by kitebean; 10-01-2011 at 04:02 PM.

Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I am feeling anxious rather than depressed today
    ^^ !!
    Movement
    Perhaps not 'pleasant' yet .. but you are moving through - changing of thoughts <-- eventually the peace will return, KB
    Head down and KEEP GOING .. you are ALMOST there

As for ways to keep yourself healthy.. on getting well
    I'm finding little things to be amazing

Throw some scented oil on the hands, take a few deep breaths and smile
    New toothpaste
    Start reading a book you've been interested in
    Keep WRITING IN HERE [I'll hold you to this as its my direction as well ]
    Keep talking through what the head tells you
    Love the fur balls - feed them something special for a treat
    Get outside and look at the sky / water
    Water your garden items .. or talk to them (serious)
    Put a quote you like somewhere only you will see it

Don't Quit !!!!

When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
    When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
    When the funds are low and the debts are high,
    And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
    When care is pressing you down a bit,
    Rest, if you must, but don't you quit.

Life is queer with its twists and turns,
    As every one of us sometimes learns,
    And many a failure turns about,
    When he might have won had he stuck it out;
    Don't give up though the pace seems slow--
    You may succeed with another blow.

Often the goal is nearer than,
    It seems to a faint and faltering man,
    Often the struggler has given up,
    When he might have captured the victor's cup,
    And he learned too late when the night slipped down,
    How close he was to the golden crown.

Success is failure turned inside out--
    The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
    And you never can tell how close you are,
    It may be near when it seems so far,
    So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit--
    It's when things seem worst that you must not quit.
    Whats more important is that you test the waters. You share the story.. you add a different aspect to your recovery..

Buff bride to be imperfectly_lou's Avatar
    imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I love rugby man quads too... big sexy muscly legs. Otherwise, i think rugby players are the biggest, most ignorant oafs ever.
    I don't mind the union men though... most of them can string a sentence together.
    September 2006 - 9km Sydney Harbour Bridge Run - 45:25
    August 2007 - 14km City to Surf - 77:00
    September 2007 - Sydney Running Festival Half Marathon - Withdrawn due to stress fractures :(
    September 2008 - Sydney Running Festival Half Marathon - 1:59.22
    May 2009 - Sydney Morning Herald Half Marathon - 1:53:22

Skype chat was pretty good. I was all dressed up from the waist up, and had my PJ bottoms on

Doctor was OK, she is going to up my dosage of the Porcine Thyroid once more. Going back next week. Oh yes also signed me on for 6 sessions of therapy.

Did OK against my tick-list today, hungry though. Oh yea and I had a hypo last night, but BBT was still just 36 this morning?

Applied for some more jobs.

I love coconut.

That's it!

Skype chat was pretty good. I was all dressed up from the waist up, and had my PJ bottoms on
    Love that...
    Hope today's a good day. Good luck on the job front, too.

PJ bottoms, eh?
    Is that your way of looking the part? hahaha! I love it!
    "Choice is ours whether

sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000)
    PJs...haha, that's what newsreaders do, no?

As for the list, you are like me, when I have time, I need to allocate my day so that I don't get depressed or down about doing NOTHING. Feeling productive & valid in this world is so important, so I understand your list.

I really hope the change in diet & new dosage allows you to feel better. I am so confident you'll get work with the dedication you are putting in!

^^ !!
    Movement
    Perhaps not 'pleasant' yet .. but you are moving through - changing of thoughts <-- eventually the peace will return, KB
    Head down and KEEP GOING .. you are ALMOST there
    [/I]
    Originally Posted by wolfpack7483 View Post
    Love that...
    Hope today's a good day. Good luck on the job front, too.
    Originally Posted by serinebean View Post
    PJ bottoms, eh?
    Is that your way of looking the part? hahaha! I love it!
    Originally Posted by sherdi View Post
    PJs...haha, that's what newsreaders do, no?

As for the list, you are like me, when I have time, I need to allocate my day so that I don't get depressed or down about doing NOTHING. Feeling productive & valid in this world is so important, so I understand your list.

I really hope the change in diet & new dosage allows you to feel better. I am so confident you'll get work with the dedication you are putting in!
    Thanks ladies, and it's always such a treat to see you Shreds It means the world to me that you are still out there keeping tabs on us

Ticks all round today, even my walk in the rain. It really is staggering how feeling like I am accountable to you all give me that extra little push not to just say awwww screw it! Been doing really well on my low carb thing. But tomorrow I'm going to have a few more and less fat....because I am doing a full body session.

I also have another teleconference interview tomorrow, this one is the real thing - I have to go into town to the companies location here so the guy who would be my boss can interview me from Wellington. it is big. BIG big. I won't be able to wear my jammies

I also have another teleconference interview tomorrow, this one is the real thing
    ^^ And... how'd we go ?

ps - KB.. thanks

^^ And... how'd we go ?
    oh technology! the teleconferincing gear failed so it ended up just being a call. But it worked, they are flying me up to Wellington next Thursday for further assessment I also have a call with Melbourne on Monday.

Rock & roll! So what's the job?

Enneagram1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Enneagram1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Enneagram1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Enneagram1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Enneagram1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Enneagram1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Enneagram1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Enneagram1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Enneagram1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Enneagram1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Enneagram1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    oh technology! the teleconferincing gear failed so it ended up just being a call. But it worked, they are flying me up to Wellington next Thursday for further assessment I also have a call with Melbourne on Monday.
    Wow, that's great.

Looking forward to hearing what happens

Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I vote for the melbourne job!!!

I think she needs a Seattle job
    I can supply her with coffee, and she can teach me the ways of the Warrior Fair wash, Id say.
    "Choice is ours whether

Originally Posted by wolfpack7483 View Post
    Rock & roll! So what's the job?
    Sales Manager for a big IT/Telco. Mega MEGA bucks. Which means I can TRAVEL again

Originally Posted by Enneagram1 View Post
    Wow, that's great.

Looking forward to hearing what happens
    Originally Posted by Emma-Leigh View Post
    I vote for the melbourne job!!!

Originally Posted by serinebean View Post
    I think she needs a Seattle job
    I can supply her with coffee, and she can teach me the ways of the Warrior Fair wash, Id say.
    Melbourne would be nice too. We'll see what progresses on Monday. Turns out one of the guys on the interview panel used to be Rory's boss, so that is useful!
    Did my Workplace First Aid top up today.

My tummy is really bad though - couldn't eat at all last night. Felt really yuck until late morning, then felt better, now feel yuck again

I have good really well on my daily goals this week I think I hit most of them! Only thing was no walk on beach today but a 40 minute walk across town. Didn't have any chocolate or pop last week! In fact no artificial sweetener either. Oh yes and no heavy cardio on Monday, and yoga only on Monday, but still pretty good I reckon.

feeling good today. I've started taking melatonin along with my 5-HTP at night and my sleep was really awesome. Upper body today was intense but good and strong. Good beach walk too. That's about it really, not alot more to report. Oh except for a 4.8 and a 4.1 within the past hour

GO IRELAND! and I'm not sure between England and France.....

Happy Kona Day
    there is one from my gym who won the lotto and is racing today - so, I'm cyber-sherpa-ing

Its good to see you feeling better

Happy Kona Day
    Tears are streaming down my face! I cannot believe what a true champion Chrissie is, I can't believe she did it (well I can, but still!) I am just so in awe of her magnificence.....

I'm glad you understand this Megs xoxo