Zorikito is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zorikito is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zorikito is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zorikito is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zorikito is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zorikito is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zorikito is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zorikito is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zorikito is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zorikito is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zorikito is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Back and shoulders, (I can't pose lol)

I know I'm not much of a poser (ha....ha....) but this is a pic I took earlier today of my back and shoulders. How is my progress so far? what can i do to gain more muscle along the sides of my back?

I already do rows, pull-ups, and dead-lift (I workout at home).

bb pic.jpg

Lexemes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lexemes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lexemes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lexemes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lexemes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lexemes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lexemes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lexemes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lexemes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lexemes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lexemes is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    It looks like you're on the right track brah. Personally I'm a strong advocate of dumbbell rows for upper-back/rear delts. I pull heavy for quite high reps (10-13) and move them up half-way between my chest and stomach - really hits that upper back/rear delt region well.

What do your lifts look like if you don't mind me asking? Row/dead-lift, etc.
    Last edited by Lexemes; 09-24-2011 at 09:51 PM.
    "The brain does much more than just recollect. It inter-compares, it synthesizes, it analyzes -- it generates abstractions.

The simplest thought like the concept of the number one, has an elaborate logical underpinning. The brain has its own language for testing the structure and consistency of the world." - Carl Sagan

Zorikito is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zorikito is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zorikito is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zorikito is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zorikito is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zorikito is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zorikito is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zorikito is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zorikito is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zorikito is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zorikito is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Ah thanks man. I workout at home with limited equipment and safety lol, so I don't ever do my max. I can tell you what i repped on my pyramid last week.

DB row- 65 x6
    BB Row- 110 x6
    Deadlift- 165 x6
    Reverse Flys- 35x6

I need to go heavy i know, but i have no belt or anything

Lexemes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lexemes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lexemes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lexemes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lexemes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lexemes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lexemes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lexemes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lexemes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lexemes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lexemes is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Zorikito View Post
    Ah thanks man. I workout at home with limited equipment and safety lol, so I don't ever do my max. I can tell you what i repped on my pyramid last week.

DB row- 65 x6
    BB Row- 110 x6
    Deadlift- 165 x6
    Reverse Flys- 35x6

I need to go heavy i know, but i have no belt or anything

I wouldn't worry about a belt, they're most effective when used for maximal or submaximal lifts in which the spinal erector muscles work against heavy resistance. I think they give a false sense of security anyways.. unless you're already injured, a belt is not essential by any means for lifting. All a belt does is keep your core tight, but as long as you're moving up slowly in weight and your back/core are getting stronger you should be able to go as heavy as you can handle and move up in weight quite progressively over time. No need for a belt or straps or anything. But yeah, physique is coming along nicely, don't be afraid to move some heavy weights as long as your form is tight.
    "The brain does much more than just recollect. It inter-compares, it synthesizes, it analyzes -- it generates abstractions.

The simplest thought like the concept of the number one, has an elaborate logical underpinning. The brain has its own language for testing the structure and consistency of the world." - Carl Sagan

Originally Posted by Lexemes View Post
    I wouldn't worry about a belt, they're most effective when used for maximal or submaximal lifts in which the spinal erector muscles work against heavy resistance. I think they give a false sense of security anyways.. unless you're already injured, a belt is not essential by any means for lifting. All a belt does is keep your core tight, but as long as you're moving up slowly in weight and your back/core are getting stronger you should be able to go as heavy as you can handle and move up in weight quite progressively over time. No need for a belt or straps or anything. But yeah, physique is coming along nicely, don't be afraid to move some heavy weights as long as your form is tight.
    Hey thanks a lot man, I know that back when i would train around people they'd tell me i'd injure myself doing deads, or bent over rows without a belt, I guess i've just been playing it overly safe b/c of some of that fear. I'll lift heavy and hit up the exercise section of the site to check my forum, thanks again man.