Location: St Helier, Jersey Channel Islands, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    kroll89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kroll89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kroll89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kroll89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Not sure what to do im 70 inches (5ft 10) and 164lbs

Hello,

Im getting really stuck now I orignally was 215lbs I am now 164 ( it has taken years) I've been taking it easy and slow.

I've just got to the point now where I feel like a skinny fat man. My love handles dont feel like they are getting any smaller and my belly is taking forever to go away.

Many people have complimented me on how "Buff" i look but I have been losing weight not putting it on.

For the past week I have been following IF diet , intermittent fasting and I kinda like it.

I just feel I still need to shed maybe another stone to get rid of my belly completely which at that point I would be 150lbs at 70 inches tall... that just seems stupidly skinny/small to me.

What do you suggest? I can upload photos if neccessary although i did just have a big meal :-)

P.S I am starting to see my ribs even through t-shirts :/

tektonik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by kroll89 View Post
    Hello,

Im getting really stuck now I orignally was 215lbs I am now 164 ( it has taken years) I've been taking it easy and slow.

I've just got to the point now where I feel like a skinny fat man. My love handles dont feel like they are getting any smaller and my belly is taking forever to go away.

Many people have complimented me on how "Buff" i look but I have been losing weight not putting it on.

For the past week I have been following IF diet , intermittent fasting and I kinda like it.

I just feel I still need to shed maybe another stone to get rid of my belly completely which at that point I would be 150lbs at 70 inches tall... that just seems stupidly skinny/small to me.

What do you suggest? I can upload photos if neccessary although i did just have a big meal :-)

P.S I am starting to see my ribs even through t-shirts :/
    Go ask your doctor. He/She is a professional.

kroll89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kroll89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kroll89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kroll89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by tektonik View Post
    Go ask your doctor. He/She is a professional.
    I've spoken to a couple of people already although they arent doctors, some suggested it may be lose skin that will fill out with muscle and go down over time.

I guess that is a legit response as Im not losing weight every week now and I was 4st heavier at one point.

p.s Im the same stats as you just older :-(

jakefurfaro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jakefurfaro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jakefurfaro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jakefurfaro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jakefurfaro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jakefurfaro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jakefurfaro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jakefurfaro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jakefurfaro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jakefurfaro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jakefurfaro is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hey man, post some pictures. By seeing your body composition we can give you some good advice. Even if you don't think you look good, we aren't here to judge you, but rather help you.

Originally Posted by jakefurfaro View Post
    Hey man, post some pictures. By seeing your body composition we can give you some good advice. Even if you don't think you look good, we aren't here to judge you, but rather help you.
    Please bare in mind i have just eaten my cheat meal for this week haha.

Can you also take a look at pic 6, im rather concerned i've always been able to bulge my belly out as if i look 9 months pregnant, is this hard fat? Or something i should get checked out.

it only happens when i push outwards.

I dont seem to be getting much leaner any more, i had no issues before but people keep saying i look too skinny now at work etc.

Also i am keeping 90% of my fat on lowerback/hips and my stomach it seems to have thinned out everywhere else

Superfat19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Superfat19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Superfat19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Superfat19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Superfat19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Superfat19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Superfat19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Superfat19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Superfat19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Superfat19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Superfat19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Please bare in mind i have just eaten my cheat meal for this week haha.

Can you also take a look at pic 6, im rather concerned i've always been able to bulge my belly out as if i look 9 months pregnant, is this hard fat? Or something i should get checked out.

it only happens when i push outwards.

I dont seem to be getting much leaner any more, i had no issues before but people keep saying i look too skinny now at work etc.

Also i am keeping 90% of my fat on lowerback/hips and my stomach it seems to have thinned out everywhere else

why the **** are you doing that with your stomach in pic 6.

Everyone looks like **** when they blow up their stomach like that.

You look good, if you want to make the final push or w/e, you can continue with a 500calorie deficit, and lift heavy.

Harden the **** up, you look good, not skinny fat or anything.

MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You look good dude, the way you look isn't stopping you from anything in life. You can either lean bulk or slow cut/lift heavy and see improvements just keep the diet in check.

Originally Posted by Superfat19 View Post
    why the **** are you doing that with your stomach in pic 6.

Everyone looks like **** when they blow up their stomach like that.

You look good, if you want to make the final push or w/e, you can continue with a 500calorie deficit, and lift heavy.

Harden the **** up, you look good, not skinny fat or anything.

Hahahaha dunno man its just rock solid when I do that looks alien LOL

But thanks for the reply its nice hearing it from a 3rd person perspective.

Appreciate the responses gonna go back to my pizza... :-)

Originally Posted by MattinNC View Post
    You look good dude, the way you look isn't stopping you from anything in life. You can either lean bulk or slow cut/lift heavy and see improvements just keep the diet in check.
    Also any idea what body fat I am? I've always been told to get to 10% or atleast 11-12 before bulking otherwise most of the weight put back on is fat...

MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Also any idea what body fat I am? I've always been told to get to 10% or atleast 11-12 before bulking otherwise most of the weight put back on is fat...
    Looks like most former fatties (myself included) you hold all your weight in your stomach, also loosish skin might make you look higher bodyfat than you actually are. I'd say 15-16% but I'm no expert. I think it's better to bulk from 10-11% but if you've been dieting for a longass time your hormones aren't exactly geared up to get you ultra lean right now. You could take a break, slowly gain muscle (I bet youd look leaner if you did a slow bulk, I did after I lost 80 lbs) and then make another run at 11-12% BF. My .02c

texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    if you want to see an example of what sub-150 looks like at your height check my avi (8%ish bf). I am now in the process of a slow bulk and have experienced little fat gain... but you are in a good position to either bulk or cut some more. congrats on your weight loss.
    Johns Hopkins '16

Many thanks to all replies this has made me feel a hell of a lot better, I think i'll try a slow bulk and see what happens as I dont seem to be losing much anymore cutting.

I think it wont take long to bulk up as my body is like a sponge when trying to put on weight ( good or bad)

Should I am for a 250-500 increase on my BMR?

texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Many thanks to all replies this has made me feel a hell of a lot better, I think i'll try a slow bulk and see what happens as I dont seem to be losing much anymore cutting.

I think it wont take long to bulk up as my body is like a sponge when trying to put on weight ( good or bad)

Should I am for a 250-500 increase on my BMR?
    I'd weigh in, do a 300 kcal increase, and weigh in again in a week, re-assess and see what you'd like to do.
    Johns Hopkins '16

Originally Posted by texicus View Post
    I'd weigh in, do a 300 kcal increase, and weigh in again in a week, re-assess and see what you'd like to do.
    Cheers mate much appreciated

Registered User RubberGuard2010's Avatar
    RubberGuard2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RubberGuard2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RubberGuard2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RubberGuard2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RubberGuard2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RubberGuard2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RubberGuard2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RubberGuard2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RubberGuard2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RubberGuard2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RubberGuard2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Stick with IF, try it for a month at least, disregard scale weight and see if your body composition changes.

Originally Posted by RubberGuard2010 View Post
    Stick with IF, try it for a month at least, disregard scale weight and see if your body composition changes.
    With cut or slow bulk? i personally love it i feel stupidly stronger during workouts

kmal2t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kmal2t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kmal2t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kmal2t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kmal2t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kmal2t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kmal2t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kmal2t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kmal2t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kmal2t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kmal2t has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Cut another 10 then start a bulk.
    /Getting fat till Big 3 = 1000

nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000)
    You have enough mass to keep cutting til you have a six pack without looking terrible or too skinny. So just keep at it, you're doing great.
    Don't Drink, Don't Smoke, Watdo you do?
    -----CUT STACK---
    GROUND BEEF
    WHITE BREAD
    CHICKEN
    2% MILK
    BROCCOLI
    LOW FAT ICE CREAM
    THOSE YOGURTS WITH THE CANDY THING ON TOP
    SUGAR FREE JELL-O
    FIBER ONE GRANOLA BARS
    APPLES
    ORANGES
    PICKLES
    COFFEE
    MARLBORO 100's
    MORE COFFEE
    ------------------------------

Registered User RubberGuard2010's Avatar
    RubberGuard2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RubberGuard2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RubberGuard2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RubberGuard2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RubberGuard2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RubberGuard2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RubberGuard2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RubberGuard2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RubberGuard2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RubberGuard2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RubberGuard2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    With cut or slow bulk? i personally love it i feel stupidly stronger during workouts
    I agree with others, keep cutting...