Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    spookiekabuki is on a distinguished road. (+10) spookiekabuki is on a distinguished road. (+10) spookiekabuki is on a distinguished road. (+10) spookiekabuki is on a distinguished road. (+10) spookiekabuki is on a distinguished road. (+10) spookiekabuki is on a distinguished road. (+10) spookiekabuki is on a distinguished road. (+10) spookiekabuki is on a distinguished road. (+10) spookiekabuki is on a distinguished road. (+10) spookiekabuki is on a distinguished road. (+10) spookiekabuki is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by rideelement247 View Post
    I've been diabetic since I was 12. That means I have had to take insulin every day of my life since I got it. I don't "use it" for body building. I just eat a meal after working out, and take insulin for it. You can't take insulin for bodybuilding as a diabetic. So it's basically a natural advantage diabetics have, to be able to use insulin and not get diabetes since we already have it, and that since we are on it 24/7, then it is always working towards our advantage (in the keeping the fat off and putting the muscle on sense)
    Did you mean natural disadvantage?
    He who fails to plan plans to fail

rideelement247 is just really nice. (+1000) rideelement247 is just really nice. (+1000) rideelement247 is just really nice. (+1000) rideelement247 is just really nice. (+1000) rideelement247 is just really nice. (+1000) rideelement247 is just really nice. (+1000) rideelement247 is just really nice. (+1000) rideelement247 is just really nice. (+1000) rideelement247 is just really nice. (+1000) rideelement247 is just really nice. (+1000) rideelement247 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by spookiekabuki View Post
    Did you mean natural disadvantage?
    No. I get to use insulin and not see any side effects and know how to use it properly and not get hypoglycemic, as well as how to manipulate my blood sugar levels so that I can take extra insulin post workout. It sucks to have diabetes in general, but being able to use insulin without fear of getting diabetes would be what I consider an advantage over those without diabetes using insulin.

spookiekabuki is on a distinguished road. (+10) spookiekabuki is on a distinguished road. (+10) spookiekabuki is on a distinguished road. (+10) spookiekabuki is on a distinguished road. (+10) spookiekabuki is on a distinguished road. (+10) spookiekabuki is on a distinguished road. (+10) spookiekabuki is on a distinguished road. (+10) spookiekabuki is on a distinguished road. (+10) spookiekabuki is on a distinguished road. (+10) spookiekabuki is on a distinguished road. (+10) spookiekabuki is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by rideelement247 View Post
    No. I get to use insulin and not see any side effects and know how to use it properly and not get hypoglycemic, as well as how to manipulate my blood sugar levels so that I can take extra insulin post workout. It sucks to have diabetes in general, but being able to use insulin without fear of getting diabetes would be what I consider an advantage over those without diabetes using insulin.
    Relax. I was just being facetious.

Insert custom user title mark118's Avatar
    mark118 is just really nice. (+1000) mark118 is just really nice. (+1000) mark118 is just really nice. (+1000) mark118 is just really nice. (+1000) mark118 is just really nice. (+1000) mark118 is just really nice. (+1000) mark118 is just really nice. (+1000) mark118 is just really nice. (+1000) mark118 is just really nice. (+1000) mark118 is just really nice. (+1000) mark118 is just really nice. (+1000)
    it's a silver lining to an otherwise possibly damaging condition
    ** I rep back **

If I havent repped back within a week, PM me, i'm on recharge now but working n it

Originally Posted by mark118 View Post
    I used to lift with a diabetic in college. I don't know if it was due to his insulin pump, which was fully automatic, or just his genetics, but he said he had to skip recovery meals because he put on muscle so easily. He was like 5'4" but probably weight more than 200. He was just a ball of muscle. I always wondered what would happen if I tried his pump.

mark118 is just really nice. (+1000) mark118 is just really nice. (+1000) mark118 is just really nice. (+1000) mark118 is just really nice. (+1000) mark118 is just really nice. (+1000) mark118 is just really nice. (+1000) mark118 is just really nice. (+1000) mark118 is just really nice. (+1000) mark118 is just really nice. (+1000) mark118 is just really nice. (+1000) mark118 is just really nice. (+1000)
    i'd not using a pump - dont fancy having something connected to me externally 24/7

but i dont think in its own right, insulin is magical, but it can help. i know heavier users would use it in conjunction with some AAS... which i wont be doing
    ** I rep back **

If I havent repped back within a week, PM me, i'm on recharge now but working n it

MrHardness is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrHardness is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrHardness is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrHardness is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrHardness is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrHardness is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrHardness is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrHardness is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrHardness is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrHardness is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrHardness is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by metallicide View Post
    your playing with fire man....insulin can be really dangerous....not sure how that goes for a type 1.........do alot of research before messing with it and youll find more info on an aas board then here.
    Agree. Type1 plus extra insulin= Kidney damage in the long run.

rideelement247 is just really nice. (+1000) rideelement247 is just really nice. (+1000) rideelement247 is just really nice. (+1000) rideelement247 is just really nice. (+1000) rideelement247 is just really nice. (+1000) rideelement247 is just really nice. (+1000) rideelement247 is just really nice. (+1000) rideelement247 is just really nice. (+1000) rideelement247 is just really nice. (+1000) rideelement247 is just really nice. (+1000) rideelement247 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by mark118 View Post
    ^^This is what I meant, I wasn't overreacting to you spookie, just throwing in how I felt on insulin in the weight room, not in real life, I agree, it sucks to have it, but hey since I have it I might as well use it to my advantage.

Originally Posted by spookiekabuki View Post
    I used to lift with a diabetic in college. I don't know if it was due to his insulin pump, which was fully automatic, or just his genetics, but he said he had to skip recovery meals because he put on muscle so easily. He was like 5'4" but probably weight more than 200. He was just a ball of muscle. I always wondered what would happen if I tried his pump.
    He probably had the genes of a god. Once I hit my genetic max, I couldn't really gain much more over it. My weight fluctuates very easily being diabetic though. If I eat alot of crap for a month, then eat a deficit for 2 weeks, I will be back where I started before I ate all the crap. Insulin drives glucose into the muscles to be converted into glycogen and becomes energy for the muscles, so in turn, yes it probably does help build muscle faster. Unfortunately for a normal person, trying insulin isn't so easy for a normal person, and you can easily go hypoglycemic etc. as well as maybe becoming diabetic yourself(or so I was told by a friend who wanted to try it in the first place).

Originally Posted by MrHardness View Post
    Not necessarily true. They haven't linked taking extra insulin to kidney damage yet. Kidney damage is linked to higher blood sugars and obesity and not having control of diabetes. If you have control of it and are taking extra insulin, I don't see why it would hurt your kidneys.

shainesboostin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shainesboostin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shainesboostin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shainesboostin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shainesboostin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shainesboostin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shainesboostin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shainesboostin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shainesboostin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shainesboostin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shainesboostin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How about this, if you want the gains from slin as a diabetic, without worrying about a "crash", why not take more LONG acting? Its much more stable, and not as likely to make you suddenly hypo...

I have read that higher basal levels of insulin CAN be very anabolic..

Originally Posted by shainesboostin View Post
    How about this, if you want the gains from slin as a diabetic, without worrying about a "crash", why not take more LONG acting? Its much more stable, and not as likely to make you suddenly hypo...

Thanks for the input (interesting to bump a 2 year old thread) but I think raising the basal is a rather dangerous technique as you'd have to be consuming carbs continuously through the day and night other wise you'll gradually drop into hypo, plus it would be counterproductive for 2 reasons:
    1: you'd have to consume carbs practically 24/7 if the basal dose was to have any significant effect
    2: unless you're eating the same total carb intake which would then render the extra basal useless, you'll just put on fat as to perpetually eat carbs when not periworkout is most likely going to be stored as fat

whereas a bolus is there to drive nutrients and protein synthesis at the right time ie periworkout.
    ** I rep back **

2011 NPC Eastern USA's XCriticalBenchX's Avatar
    XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by shainesboostin View Post

That seems to go against every insulin based protocol for building muscle, I have ever read for diabetics or non-diabetics.

Mike
    ….

JamesPhoenix will become famous soon enough. (+50) JamesPhoenix will become famous soon enough. (+50) JamesPhoenix will become famous soon enough. (+50) JamesPhoenix will become famous soon enough. (+50) JamesPhoenix will become famous soon enough. (+50) JamesPhoenix will become famous soon enough. (+50) JamesPhoenix will become famous soon enough. (+50) JamesPhoenix will become famous soon enough. (+50) JamesPhoenix will become famous soon enough. (+50) JamesPhoenix will become famous soon enough. (+50) JamesPhoenix will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Type 1 here . . . I don't know how much of this is broscience, but I always boost up 25g of fast carbohydrates (glucose) before a workout, and take an extra 5 units (sometimes a little more, lol) with my 60g protein/20g carb post workout shake. Works great - I've only been doing this legit for three months.
    "Limitations are for people that have them. Excuses are for people that need them."

Good-Bro Original DiabeticLifter's Avatar
    DiabeticLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DiabeticLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DiabeticLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DiabeticLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DiabeticLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DiabeticLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DiabeticLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DiabeticLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DiabeticLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DiabeticLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DiabeticLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i have never taken extra insulin post workout. in fact i usually take my protein without insulin and it works fantastic, otherwise i go low.
    You ain't nothing but a piece a cheese without the corners. In other words, you ain't never gonna be a slice, bitch

ellispartridge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

im a type 1 diabetic

iv recently found ways in which I can use my disability as an advantage to bodybuilding.

I have my largest injections in the morning and post workout when I need the nutrients shuttled the fastest. I use novorapid which peaks at about 30 mins after taking so I cant take it before.

I normally take 1 ui for every 10 grams of carbs I have.
    post workout im graduely building up rge slin to where im not gaining fat but to the maximum I started on 10ui with 100 grams of carbs and now im on 15ui post with 150 grans of carbs I find I only need about 40-50 grams of fast acting sugar and then the rest is what ever I qant. its kind of irrelevant if there fast or not as long as you get rhe slin in which will start the prorein synthesis. I take about 50grans of whey hydro. and another 30 of a slower release. also 5 grams creatine bcaas and glutamine. I found that the carnivorou mass gain was good! pm me then we can talk more. I was lookibg for a type 1 to talk to about this too!

samm0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MrHardness View Post
    I bet you have no idea for what you're talking about stop bs around man. Insulin is key to kidney disease the high blood sugar will damage your kidneys so more insulin will protect them rather than less insulin to intake, btw too many misinformation post around here that's makes me sad
    Website says on comment section <Please keep comments positive and constructive.> lol Great democracy isn't it?