An7h0ny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) An7h0ny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I Need Some Help (think i messed up on bulk )

I started to try to bulk the day after i took the before picture roughly 7 weeks ago and i think i have messed up i have added quite alot of fat and dont seemed to of got any bigger muscle wise i just look and feel bloated im lifting heavy 4x a week and eating rather clean ( just been eating bigger amounts ) and taking in plenty of protein can any of you guys help me out and point me in the right direction.. my goal one day is to have a lean beachbody look i just wanted to add abit of muscle mass first.. looks like im heading the wrong direction
    Attached Images

The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Metal has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You put on size, fat gain is going to happen on a bulk. You're going to have to do cut and bulk cycles to get where you want.

116ekg will become famous soon enough. (+50) 116ekg will become famous soon enough. (+50) 116ekg will become famous soon enough. (+50) 116ekg will become famous soon enough. (+50) 116ekg will become famous soon enough. (+50) 116ekg will become famous soon enough. (+50) 116ekg will become famous soon enough. (+50) 116ekg will become famous soon enough. (+50) 116ekg will become famous soon enough. (+50) 116ekg will become famous soon enough. (+50) 116ekg will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What The_Metal said. Fat gain happens when bulking. It is unfortunately inevitable. It sucks but you just kinda have to learn to accept that it will happen. No big deal, just keep bulking til you get the size you want and then cut down and you will be shredded!

An7h0ny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) An7h0ny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by The_Metal View Post
    You put on size, fat gain is going to happen on a bulk. You're going to have to do cut and bulk cycles to get where you want.
    im happy you think i have put on size i might be just paranoid i look in the mirror and see alot more fat, less defined muscle in a short peroid of time im just worried i dont want to look like i do in this before picture a year ago how much longer do you think i could bulk and once im there what would be my steps to cutting be as i havent cycled before im still gathering info i just lost my origional fat via straight cardio so any help is much appreciated
    Attached Images

EvuLFleA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EvuLFleA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EvuLFleA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EvuLFleA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EvuLFleA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EvuLFleA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EvuLFleA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EvuLFleA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EvuLFleA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EvuLFleA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EvuLFleA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Your diet needs work.

Doesn't sound like you really have one though. What's your average carb/fat/protein macros for a day? Rough guess.

well to be honest with you im dont really understand all this marco carb fat protein ratio if anybody could help me on that it would be great my day's pretty much go as follows as i work out on road all day dont have time to propare meals ,
    8:00 am protein shake 2 scoops (60g) gives 45g protein + ( sometimes 2 weetabix aswell )
    , around 10:30 - 11:00am fresh chicken and lettuce with a tuna mayo paste on wholemeal brown bread
    , 1:30pm - 2pm pork dinner (pork, roast potato lots of veg, stuffing, gravy mash etc,
    , 5pm protein shake 2 scoops (60g) gives 45g protein
    ,6:30pm some sort of chicken + veg dinner
    , 8pm protein shake 2 scoops (60g) gives 45g protein
    9:30pm bed
    i do my weight training after work straight after my 5pm protein shake and finish before my 6:30pm dinner , i might sound like a total idiot but i feel this 1million times better to the pizza and currys and chip shop i was eating every single night before my weight loss journey,.... fancy sorting out my diet?? feel free i would love the help, im still learning myself everybody got to start somewhere, ill learn from my mistakes and help from others thanks

can anybody point me in the right direction?

Registered User HurtsToLookGood's Avatar
    HurtsToLookGood is on a distinguished road. (+10) HurtsToLookGood is on a distinguished road. (+10) HurtsToLookGood is on a distinguished road. (+10) HurtsToLookGood is on a distinguished road. (+10) HurtsToLookGood is on a distinguished road. (+10) HurtsToLookGood is on a distinguished road. (+10) HurtsToLookGood is on a distinguished road. (+10) HurtsToLookGood is on a distinguished road. (+10) HurtsToLookGood is on a distinguished road. (+10) HurtsToLookGood is on a distinguished road. (+10) HurtsToLookGood is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by An7h0ny View Post
    can anybody point me in the right direction?
    I just added some healthy fats recently seems to be making a good difference I'm gaining about 2lbs a week and I have alot more energy as well. If your gaining weight I'm guessing that your eating enough calories you just have to figure out how many of those calories are carbs how many are protein and fats. Go for like 40% Carbs 40% Protein 20%Fats Also figure out exactly how much protein you are getting daily and keep it consistant I think you should go for like 200grams of protein if thats not enough maybe 220 .
    Last edited by HurtsToLookGood; 08-16-2011 at 12:27 AM.

im getting 135g of protein just of protein shakes is that to much?? and about another 50g from food so around 185g of protein a day i find it hard getting my protein in mainly from food as im away from home all day and dont get time to propare proper meals

Registered User HurtsToLookGood's Avatar
    HurtsToLookGood is on a distinguished road. (+10) HurtsToLookGood is on a distinguished road. (+10) HurtsToLookGood is on a distinguished road. (+10) HurtsToLookGood is on a distinguished road. (+10) HurtsToLookGood is on a distinguished road. (+10) HurtsToLookGood is on a distinguished road. (+10) HurtsToLookGood is on a distinguished road. (+10) HurtsToLookGood is on a distinguished road. (+10) HurtsToLookGood is on a distinguished road. (+10) HurtsToLookGood is on a distinguished road. (+10) HurtsToLookGood is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by An7h0ny View Post
    im getting 135g of protein just of protein shakes is that to much?? and about another 50g from food so around 185g of protein a day i find it hard getting my protein in mainly from food as im away from home all day and dont get time to propare proper meals
    Yeah I do the same thing I drink about 3 shakes a day and get the rest of my protein from food. Just try adding some good fats like peanuts,almonds,cashews etc Not only are they good fats but they also contain protein. Or make some peanut butter sandwiches (natural peanut butter) or you could even add peanut butter to a couple of your protein shakes.

so other than upping my protein is the rest of my diet ok?

Jonson82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey man,your diet is a hell of a lot better than most people and looking at it the only thing I would eradicate is Pork. Pork is completely useless offering next to nothing but fat.
    Impossible is NOTHING

Xgamer791 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Xgamer791 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Xgamer791 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Xgamer791 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Xgamer791 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Xgamer791 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Xgamer791 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Xgamer791 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Xgamer791 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Xgamer791 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Xgamer791 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It seems that you made progress on your lower and mid back from the pics, dont worry about fat gain, you are going to go through cycles of bulking (gaining weight) and cutting to get the look you want, keep at it and dont be afraid of some fat, it wont be there long.

thanks for all your help guys, i have also got rid of the pork out my diet and swapped it for chicken