almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Herniated disk? Low back pain after deadlifts.

This is very weird, but listen to my quick story...

About two weeks ago I started doing online consulting, and I was basically sitting at my computer from 9-3pm mon-fri. I started feeling tender in my lower back, so I was attempting to fix my posture while sitting, and I also added a pillow for lumbar support because my chair sucks.

I then had my next back day up, and I really didnt push anything harder than usual because my back was already tender. The only lifts where I could "feel" my lower back was in the cable rows and in deadlifts. But nothing popped or anything that I know of.

Now, for the past 5 days, my lower back is in pain. Its right in the center, right above my pelvic bone, probably 6 inches from my tailbone. Bending over is the worst. Sitting and standing really doesnt bother me much. Its the weird positions (bending over, twisting, etc) that cause pain. If I sneeze or hold my breath and push like Im lifting weight, I can feel it in my lower back.

Any advice or help will be appreciated! There are 1,000s of websites for back pain, and they all are selling something unfortunately.

rfaz13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rfaz13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rfaz13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rfaz13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rfaz13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rfaz13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rfaz13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rfaz13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rfaz13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rfaz13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rfaz13 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey man, I actually currently have a herniated disc after about a year and a half that Im still dealing with. A big indicator is if you have any radiating pain down your butt/leg (sciatica). The first thing I will say, is definitely *DO NOT wait to go to a doctor and see whats going on. Find out now...get your x-rays, get an MRI. Its hard for anyone here to tell you whats up really. For now, heat>stretch>ice>rest. Make the doc appointment asap. If you start feeling better within a few days thats a good sign, but dont jump right back into it.
    Amat Victoria Curam

Current/Goal
    Weight- 265/235-245 (lean)
    Body fat- 18%/8%
    Bench Press- 290lbs/315lbs
    Squat- 325/405
    Deadlift- 365/415lbs

(Herniated l5-s1 and l4-l5)

Mobiusrune has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by rfaz13 View Post
    The first thing I will say, is definitely *DO NOT wait to go to a doctor and see whats going on. Find out now...get your x-rays, get an MRI. Its hard for anyone here to tell you whats up really. For now, heat>stretch>ice>rest. Make the doc appointment asap. If you start feeling better within a few days thats a good sign, but dont jump right back into it.
    As a nurse, this is the best advice. Koodos to rfaz. The only thing I would as is make sure whatever stretching you do is performed slowly and gently. And do NOT stretch through the pain. Stop at the point where you start to feel the pain, hold and then release.
    Topher Nugent - "My heroes are the ones who survived doing it wrong, who made mistakes, but recovered from them."

rfaz13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rfaz13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rfaz13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rfaz13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rfaz13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rfaz13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rfaz13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rfaz13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rfaz13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rfaz13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rfaz13 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Mobiusrune View Post
    As a nurse, this is the best advice. Koodos to rfaz. The only thing I would as is make sure whatever stretching you do is performed slowly and gently. And do NOT stretch through the pain. Stop at the point where you start to feel the pain, hold and then release.
    *lol thanks for the koodos (Sending this reply from my laptop while I sit in my Spinal Stretch trying to help my herniation hahah)
    Amat Victoria Curam

Current/Goal
    Weight- 265/235-245 (lean)
    Body fat- 18%/8%
    Bench Press- 290lbs/315lbs
    Squat- 325/405
    Deadlift- 365/415lbs

(Herniated l5-s1 and l4-l5)