Thread: What now

Lukek5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What now

I made a post a few days ago, and have been working out at home since.
    Sorry for the length, just like to give my current situation so there is no confusion.

Over the past few days I've seen significant strength gains in my triceps/chest from doing pushups and other arm workouts (significant, being relative to my starting strength)

My diet is super clean, I get enough protein from grilled chicken breast, whey protein powder, etc.. only drink water and unsweetened green tea... fill in the rest of my calories with fruit, skim milk (contradiction), almonds, oatmeal, etc... I am losing weight so I assume I am doing my deficit correctly

I am still losing weight on the scale, I weighed in at 149 this morning.. which is down from my 170 starting point (while building strength)

Being 6 feet tall, and weighing 149 lbs... should I keep trying to lose weight? The obvious answer seems to be dropping down to 130-140, while continuing to build strength (obvious because my body clearly still has fat to burn)

Just looking for some opinions before I go further down into the 140s, or warnings if this could somehow lead to something bad

*Note, I won't have access to a gym until august 30th

Threadkill Extraordinaire solilopop's Avatar
    solilopop is on a distinguished road. (+10) solilopop is on a distinguished road. (+10) solilopop is on a distinguished road. (+10) solilopop is on a distinguished road. (+10) solilopop is on a distinguished road. (+10) solilopop is on a distinguished road. (+10) solilopop is on a distinguished road. (+10) solilopop is on a distinguished road. (+10) solilopop is on a distinguished road. (+10) solilopop is on a distinguished road. (+10) solilopop is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Wait... 6'0" & 149 and you're cutting?

Is it just me, or am i missing something here?
    Live. Learn. Pass it on.

It starts and ends with your mind - the greatest thing to build. The rest of your body goes along with what the mind says.

-Ralstub

Originally Posted by solilopop View Post
    Wait... 6'0" & 149 and you're cutting?

Is it just me, or am i missing something here?
    Cutting because I still have a decent bit of fat on my body, and little muscle mass to pull from.. Pretty sure it would be better to lose as much fat as possible before attempting to bulk

I haven't lost much strength from 170-149, and have seen recent strength gains while cutting (because I am new).. also my body still clearly a fat supply to work with.. not even close to being skinny

Threadkill Extraordinaire solilopop's Avatar
    solilopop is on a distinguished road. (+10) solilopop is on a distinguished road. (+10) solilopop is on a distinguished road. (+10) solilopop is on a distinguished road. (+10) solilopop is on a distinguished road. (+10) solilopop is on a distinguished road. (+10) solilopop is on a distinguished road. (+10) solilopop is on a distinguished road. (+10) solilopop is on a distinguished road. (+10) solilopop is on a distinguished road. (+10) solilopop is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hrm, seems to be the same problem that fenderstrato's got in his thread.

Since i don't know much, CYCO says this:

Originally Posted by cyco85 View Post
    Dude if you dropped to sub-10%, you'd probably look like a Holocaust survivor. You're probably around 15% but it's hard to tell when there's little muscle mass. I'd bulk for a good 6 months (eating roughly 300 cals over maintenance and lift heavy). Fat gains should be minimal especially you being 19.
    But man, building strength and losing weight and getting significant upperbody strength in the span of a few days. You must be magic. i wish i was magic.
    Live. Learn. Pass it on.

It starts and ends with your mind - the greatest thing to build. The rest of your body goes along with what the mind says.

-Ralstub

Hmm, I read the whole thread and it seems to be close to my situation, but slightly more body fat..

I think I will continue cutting over the summer down to around 140.. while doing my pushups and **** to hopefully see more strength gains

Once I start school, I will be on a 7 day meal plan... which is 21 buffet style meals a week... and I will also have gym access.... so would probably be a great time to bulk up from 140

Thanks for your reply