Thread: super set

dkarnes is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkarnes is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkarnes is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkarnes is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkarnes is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkarnes is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkarnes is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkarnes is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkarnes is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkarnes is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkarnes is on a distinguished road. (+10)

super set

what do you thing about doing super set after doing your set of three?? For example say you doing bench press and just finshed doing your third set. on fourth set do 50% less weight you use on third set and do many reps as you can.do you think this will benfit me or its just wasting my time doing this??? Thanks for all replys

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    not the worst idea in history. I kind of feel like the more similar the exercise, the better, and I don't do super sets because I just end up thinking anything different is a different exercise.

You could get a little closer to what you were doing before, but you could also get a lot further away, doing close-grip bench or something.
    We're cookin' with gas now.

drpcnow is on a distinguished road. (+10) drpcnow is on a distinguished road. (+10) drpcnow is on a distinguished road. (+10) drpcnow is on a distinguished road. (+10) drpcnow is on a distinguished road. (+10) drpcnow is on a distinguished road. (+10) drpcnow is on a distinguished road. (+10) drpcnow is on a distinguished road. (+10) drpcnow is on a distinguished road. (+10) drpcnow is on a distinguished road. (+10) drpcnow is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by dkarnes View Post
    what do you thing about doing super set after doing your set of three?? For example say you doing bench press and just finshed doing your third set. on fourth set do 50% less weight you use on third set and do many reps as you can.do you think this will benfit me or its just wasting my time doing this??? Thanks for all replys
    i thought this was called "drop set" while a super set is two different exercises down back to back. ie, 3 supersets of bench and curls, 1 set bench (no rest) 1 set of curl. that completes one set of super set. then back to bench/curl completes 2nd set, so on.
    Eat for what you are about to do, not for what you have already done.

if i don't know how to cut ,why would i be bold enough to bulk?

'Failure' isn't a requirement for growth, but progression is.

http://www.********.com/pages/Romans-fitness/193327960714025

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by drpcnow View Post
    i thought this was called "drop set" while a super set is two different exercises down back to back.
    inclined to agree.

keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by drpcnow View Post
    i thought this was called "drop set"

It is

while a super set is two different exercises down back to back. ie, 3 supersets of bench and curls, 1 set bench (no rest) 1 set of curl. that completes one set of super set. then back to bench/curl completes 2nd set, so on.

^Pretty much^. A superset is 2 exercises performed back to back with little or no rest for opposing muscle groups. e.g. Bench press and BB rows.

2 exercises perfomed back to back for the same muscle however is called a compound set, which might be closer to what the OP was thinking of.

Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Doesnt have to be opposing muscle groups either. From time to time I superset shoulder presses and bent over lat raises.

Lowering the weight and then going to max isnt really a drop set either. On a drop set you do max (or a set rep range, doesnt really matter) and then immediately remove some weight and continue. Imo you should do at least three reps of these before you can really call it a drop set. Otherwise its just rest-pause set...

Originally Posted by Xfaxtor View Post
    “When you are not training, remember, someone somewhere is training, and when you meet him he will win”.
    I'll be sure and stay away from him then.

dkarnes is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkarnes is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkarnes is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkarnes is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkarnes is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkarnes is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkarnes is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkarnes is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkarnes is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkarnes is on a distinguished road. (+10) dkarnes is on a distinguished road. (+10)

keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Xfaxtor View Post
    Doesnt have to be opposing muscle groups either. From time to time I superset shoulder presses and bent over lat raises.
    Yeah you're right you can do pretty much any 2 exercises.

Originally Posted by keys_10 View Post
    ^Pretty much^. A superset is 2 exercises performed back to back with little or no rest for opposing muscle groups. e.g. Bench press and BB rows.
    ^Technically though, this is the definition of a superset^ http://www.musclenet.com/weiderbodybuildingsystem.htm

Many people refer to any 2 exercises back to back as a superset just like your example.

When I was training to be a PT any 2 exercises performed back to back was called a superset, even though I knew tecniqually this was wrong I had to go along with it for the puroses of my exam.

Suppose its just me being a bit anal about things!