aZn PEC-age has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aZn PEC-age has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aZn PEC-age has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aZn PEC-age has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aZn PEC-age has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aZn PEC-age has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aZn PEC-age has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aZn PEC-age has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aZn PEC-age has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aZn PEC-age has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aZn PEC-age has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Talking Close grip DB bench press for tris

I found that pressing 2 heavy dumbbells with a hammer grip very close together makes for a great alternative to barbell close grip benching for working the triceps with a heavy compound movement. From what I have experienced, it involves pretty much the same muslce groups without the wrist awkwardness.

Any opinions/advice on the effectiveness of this exercise? I seem to have been making good gains from it.
    17 years
    200 lbs
    5' 11"
    Well, I am massive...

Here is a picture of me:

__________oO {} Oo_____________
    _______ (/) \[ ][ ]/ (\)____________
    _________(\) |88| (/)____________
    __[[[[[[[==0======0===]]]]]]]]___

W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I can do a lot of weight(for me) on CGBP, and I'm limited by wrist pain. However, the idea of trying to push up a couple of 100's doesn't sound very fun.
    I don't know either lol

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    it's a good mvoement; only problem is that when u get super heavy it becomes more awkward than regular method.
    <->

Bad Dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bad Dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bad Dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bad Dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bad Dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bad Dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bad Dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bad Dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bad Dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bad Dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bad Dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by $AJ
    it's a good mvoement; only problem is that when u get super heavy it becomes more awkward than regular method.
    When it gets super heavy go to one of these.
    http://www.weightlossforgood.co.uk/s...YMPIC-UKUS.htm

I also like doing DB tricep presses over my chest while lying on the back. While lying on the back. Take a DB in the right hand then push it straight up like doing a db bench. Then Bend the elbow to let it lower between the deltoid and the upper abdomen on the left side. It is a finishing movement when I feel like I have not fried my treceps enough..Serge Nubret loved it..

aZn PEC-age has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aZn PEC-age has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aZn PEC-age has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aZn PEC-age has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aZn PEC-age has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aZn PEC-age has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aZn PEC-age has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aZn PEC-age has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aZn PEC-age has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aZn PEC-age has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aZn PEC-age has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    The tricep bar that the other guy posted seems to be superior to either method. I wish the university gym I go to right now, my highschool gym, or my own home gym had one of those. And no I can't just buy one, since my home gym has 90 lb. powerblock dumbbells as the only freeweights, so I wouldn't have any plates to put on the bar.

Originally Posted by $AJ
    When I do the close grip db bench, I usually spend a little extra effort to make sure the 2 DB's stay pushed against each other during the whole movement. Using this method, the friction that results prevents the db's from slipping and it's almost like pressing up one solid block. Even when I go heavy with this lift, the movement seems pretty natural, and I have no problem stabilizing the DB's. I guess 8x 80 lb DB's each side full ROM doesn't really count as super heavy, but I don't forsee any problem as I progress in weight.

I just thought that this might be a good alternative for people without access to tricep bars fed up with the barbell close grip bench press.
    17 years
    200 lbs
    5' 11"
    Well, I am massive...

Here is a picture of me:

__________oO {} Oo_____________
    _______ (/) \[ ][ ]/ (\)____________
    _________(\) |88| (/)____________
    __[[[[[[[==0======0===]]]]]]]]___